embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
Just now, olavinto said:

Hi, see above :)

Sounds you have used .20 or .21 before? Did you proper downgrade to .19 (with a full backup).

• Agree 1

quickmic
43 minutes ago, zenkichi08 said:

quick question sorry if dumb

i got a big "final warning" yesterday when opening kodi, stating that i'd have to fully reset the kodi database for the addon's new version? yes/no -- chose yes, nothing happened. but no media will play anymore from emby server

so just go ahead and wipe kodi local database and reinitialize emby addon?

Can you please send me a kodi.log for review.

olavinto
14 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Sounds you have used .20 or .21 before? Did you proper downgrade to .19 (with a full backup).

Sounds about right. And of course I did ... not, who the heck thinks of doing something like that!? 🤪

quickmic
9 minutes ago, olavinto said:

Sounds about right. And of course I did ... not, who the heck thinks of doing something like that!? 🤪

Some people reported, that a downgrade was not possible by just replacing the binaries. Emby server's database needed to be restored too.

Anyway, please send me a kodi.log after you triggered a database sync.

You can also look out for Emby server timeouts. If there are any in the log, very likely the restore didn't work and you are affected by the Emby server issue > .19

Edited by quickmic
  • Agree 1

quickmic
8 minutes ago, olavinto said:

I did. I restored the complete VM to .19 state

• Agree 1

quickmic
2 hours ago, Eigeplackter said:

Oh wow, had the same issues, and thought I screwed up my config.

Removed KODI, MPC-HC and MPC-BE (I tried that when MCP-HC wouldnt work) and made a clean installt.

But I installed the stable next-gen and now it works as supposed.

Interested to see what quickmic finds.

Please try this version:

It disables the Kodi workaround (by default), I hope this solves the problem

Also for @tomimc

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-7.13.3-build 4.zip

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 2

Glyde62

Noticed since update to 7.xx.x folders I had named "Specials" no longer showed in Kodi

Had to rename them to Season 00 for them to show 

Never had this problem before the update

quickmic
3 hours ago, Glyde62 said:

Noticed since update to 7.xx.x folders I had named "Specials" no longer showed in Kodi

Beside several Kodi settings related how specials are listed, the important thing is. The folder (on Emby server) must have metadata 0 to be detected as a specials folder. The label actually, doesn't matter.

Glyde62
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Beside several Kodi settings related how specials are listed, the important thing is. The folder (on Emby server) must have metadata 0 to be detected as a specials folder. The label actually, doesn't matter.

Strange it just suddenly stopped showing them when they showed fine previously

quickmic
6 minutes ago, Glyde62 said:

Strange it just suddenly stopped showing them when they showed fine previously

"The folder (on Emby server) must have metadata 0 to be detected as a specials folder." -> I mean the special folder must have metadata "season" 0 assigned.

zenkichi08

after having received the warning i tried to reset database manually. however, the addon's settings page wasn't working anymore either (menu would load but when you click an option, nothing happened). 

so i reset kodi and reinstalled the addon. same problemm :(

i will try to update the server bc it is still 4.7.2.0 and report back

:edit

updated emby _server_ to 4.7.11.0, fired up kodi, addon immediatly reported in, reinitialized database -- everything is back to normal again

tl;dr: update emby server = profit :)

thanks for your awesome work @quickmic

Edited by zenkichi08
  • Like 1

DarWun
13 hours ago, Glyde62 said:

@Glyde62This started happening with Emby Beta 4.0.8.21.  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/114616-48020-tv-specials-missing/&do=findComment&comment=1209369. So if you are using that version of Emby, it may not be Emby Next-Gen related.

In the above thread, Luke responded with "Yes that is correct. Thanks guys." I took that to mean that he was acknowledging it as a bug and that it would be fixed in a future beta. But in retrospect, he may simply have been saying that that is the expected behavior from this point forward. I guess we'll find out if it reverts to the previous behavior on a future release.

lightsout

Is there a guide or best practices somewhere on how to set this up.

I am thinking about clean installing my Odroid N2 as I had my libraries setup the old school way, then added this addon and there seems to be some left overs from the previous library setup.

I do have a couple questions.

1. I have a skin that allows the addition of sub menus to the main "movies" section. i.e. when I select it I can have a popup for 4k, 2k, etc. I have had a hard time adding thise with this addon, not sure where to point to exactly, these are individual emby libraries if that helps.

2. Why do I see media from Emby libraries I haven't added? I have a lot of Emby libraries, some with home videos etc. In Kodi I have only chosen my TV's and Movies to sync, but sometimes when I am in the "files" section I see this other media. (when trying to solve problem #1).

Thanks for any help.

Eigeplackter
10 hours ago, Eigeplackter said:

Works with MPC-HC now. Maybe will try MPC-BE later

MPC-BE "work" but whole player freezes when trying to forward.

It's the same without Kodi+emby-next-gen, so no issue with the new beta.

• Like 1

quickmic

New version available 7.13.2 -> 7.13.3:

Delta changelog:

Fix photoalbum views
fix for external players -> make Kodi workaround for invalid (GET) requests as an option.

quickmic
8 hours ago, lightsout said:

Is there a guide or best practices somewhere on how to set this up.

I am thinking about clean installing my Odroid N2 as I had my libraries setup the old school way, then added this addon and there seems to be some left overs from the previous library setup.

I do have a couple questions.

1. I have a skin that allows the addition of sub menus to the main "movies" section. i.e. when I select it I can have a popup for 4k, 2k, etc. I have had a hard time adding thise with this addon, not sure where to point to exactly, these are individual emby libraries if that helps.

2. Why do I see media from Emby libraries I haven't added? I have a lot of Emby libraries, some with home videos etc. In Kodi I have only chosen my TV's and Movies to sync, but sometimes when I am in the "files" section I see this other media. (when trying to solve problem #1).

Thanks for any help.

First question seems to be Kodi skinning related. Please open a new thread for this.

Second, I assume you are using the dynamic node view? (you mentioned files/folder view). Dynamic nodes have the capability to show all libraries even it's not synced to Kodi.

Maybe have a look in the FAQ

Edited by quickmic

lightsout
8 hours ago, quickmic said:

First question seems to be Kodi skinning related. Please open a new thread for this.

Second, I assume you are using the dynamic node view? (you mentioned files/folder view). Dynamic nodes have the capability to show all libraries even it's not synced to Kodi.

Maybe have a look in the FAQ

It is a skin thing, but it is a question of, when using this add on, where exactly to I point to to get to a specific library. I'll dig in the FAQ thanks.

lightsout

Starting from a clean install things are working great as expected. I think my system had a screwy library/database from to much messing with it. Thanks for the pointers and the great add on.

• Like 1

Eigeplackter
1 hour ago, lightsout said:

It is a skin thing, but it is a question of, when using this add on, where exactly to I point to to get to a specific library. I'll dig in the FAQ thanks.

You might want to try „Estuary MOD V2“, it‘s close to the standard skin, but offers better adaption to personal preferences.

In the end you might need to use library node editor, but I‘m happy with the offered dynamic nodes.

lightsout
6 hours ago, Eigeplackter said:

You might want to try „Estuary MOD V2“, it‘s close to the standard skin, but offers better adaption to personal preferences.

In the end you might need to use library node editor, but I‘m happy with the offered dynamic nodes.

Thank you.