embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic

New version available 7.11.1 -> 7.12.0:

Delta changelog:

remove chapters/bookmarks Kodi workarounds
several code improvements
add Kodi workaround for items played via widgets which are not using Kodi's internal functions as nodes (all dynamic nodes and next episode node) should be more stable
fix multiselection progress update issue in native mode
fix remote content playback issue
fixed minor database issues

Comment:

Due to some sync issues, a mandatory database reset required.

Edited by quickmic

t123thomas

Hi quickmic, I am seeing this too often, I wonder why

on the top left hand corner of the attached pic I see notice of Emby updating guide, this Kodi client  is not set to watch Live TV from the server although

I have LiveTv on my serve which I used only on Emby app, is there some settings on the server that I need to turn off or this is a bug code.

Thanks for taken  a look.

screenshot00001.png

quickmic
1 minute ago, t123thomas said:

Hi quickmic, I am seeing this too often, I wonder why

on the top left hand corner of the attached pic I see notice of Emby updating guide, this Kodi client  is not set to watch Live TV from the server although

I have LiveTv on my serve which I used only on Emby app, is there some settings on the server that I need to turn off or this is a bug code.

Thanks for taken  a look.

screenshot00001.png

This is not a bug and it doesn't matter if you are watching or even using LiveTV on Kodi. It means, your Emby server is busy. Probably you should change your scheduled tasks on Emby server if this happens too often.

SwanStream
On 12/9/2022 at 3:41 AM, quickmic said:

New version available 7.11.1 -> 7.12.0:

Loaded new version, it reset DB, I added TV library, went to a previously failed to delete show, hit delete, it asked, I said yes, it asked "files too", I answered yes, it froze.... 

The files are still there, and as I watch... absolutely nothing his happening on the kodi screen... just sittin there unresponsive

quickmic
2 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

Loaded new version, it reset DB, I added TV library, went to a previously failed to delete show, hit delete, it asked, I said yes, it asked "files too", I answered yes, it froze.... 

The files are still there, and as I watch... absolutely nothing his happening on the kodi screen... just sittin there unresponsive

ok, I'll check it again.

quickmic
Just now, SwanStream said:

You need a log or anything from me?

I assume you are using the "Enable file delete on Kodi events" option? I tested again, works fine here. Do you use a admin Emby user? btw, I'm not really happy with this function. From my point of view, way to dangerous. Kodi events are sometimes wrong or unexpected and also could be triggered by 3rd party plugins!

It's YOUR risk using it. Don't blame me if you lose content and have no backup!

quickmic

If you are just removing the content via Kodi and NOT using "Enable file delete on Kodi events", it's only a internal function of Kodi. Not sure what it actually does in native mode. In addon mode it just removes the files from Kodi's database.

SwanStream

Well it appears the 'freeze' is it trying to delete everything in TV.... yes it's native mode. Something is different from prior v 6.x which worked just fine.... this is certainly trying to delete everything.

quickmic
10 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

Well it appears the 'freeze' is it trying to delete everything in TV.... yes it's native mode. Something is different from prior v 6.x which worked just fine.... this is certainly trying to delete everything.

I don't see any issue in the logs. Actually I don't even see the delete event was triggered.

Have you tested 6.x and 7.x with the exact same setup. Same Kodi version, same 3rd party plugins etc? Forgive me, but I'm not testing this function in native mode. I like my content and don't want to be anything deleted by Kodi. I can only test it addon mode by "simulating" the function (disabling the actual delete command in the plugin code).. In native mode, Kodi would have access to my files and I don't trust Kodi doing nothing weird when I hit the delete button.

But frankly, sounds like a Kodi issue that's why I'm asking if you use the same setup. In this part of the code, nothing has changed compared to 6.X.

Also as mentioned, I don't even see the trigger event in your logs, which means Kodi is doing things "internally".

You can perform a test with stock Kodi (no plugin installed) and see what happens there and/or test with 6.X with same setup.

Edited by quickmic

SwanStream

I can delete in 6.x no problem. in 7.x nothing else changes at all.

Your v7 is deleting everying in the library, not just the show selected. It started at A and goes.... I'm back to 6.x. 

But I did loose a huge amount of stuff, so you may want to either pull that latest or explore the issue more.

quickmic
2 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

Your v7 is deleting everying in the library, not just the show selected. It started at A and goes.... I'm back to 6.x. 

But I did loose a huge amount of stuff, so you may want to either pull that latest or explore the issue more.

My plugin doesn't delete anything, Kodi did that! Also The core database structure haven't changed. I don't know what actually happens, but that's why I'm not trusting Kodi when it comes to file ops.

quickmic

Also please report if 6.x works again but be aware. I still think this is not a plugin issue and if I'm right, Kodi will delete also with 6.X not selected content!

I'll also perform another test with a backup of my content.

Additionally I compared 6.x. with 7.x folder structure in Kodi's database and also with stock Kodi (no plugin at all) database. They have the same structure. The Kodi's internal delete function is related to Kodi's database filled by the plugin but all good so far.

LittleWizard

I'm sorry, I'm testing both 6.x and 7.x on kodi 19. Only once I succeed in creating a node in kodi to see folder structure of Emby.

I did it by creating a new node with Estuary option: New node, than inside that: Add path > Plugin... > emby next gen> ...

After emby next gen, only once I found Movies > folders, I don't understand if it is the version (6 vs 7 or some settings in the plugin)...

I really need folder browsing because my folders reflect my Genre organization and in emby I did't find any way to add a tag to a whole folder (maybe also automatically).

LittleWizard
5 minutes ago, LittleWizard said:

I'm sorry, I'm testing both 6.x and 7.x on kodi 19. Only once I succeed in creating a node in kodi to see folder structure of Emby.

I did it by creating a new node with Estuary option: New node, than inside that: Add path > Plugin... > emby next gen> ...

After emby next gen, only once I found Movies > folders, I don't understand if it is the version (6 vs 7 or some settings in the plugin)...

I really need folder browsing because my folders reflect my Genre organization and in emby I did't find any way to add a tag to a whole folder (maybe also automatically).

I think it's only in v.7: Dynamics nodes, Folder. Seems to be it!

• Like 1

quickmic
1 hour ago, SwanStream said:

I think I found the problem in Kodi's database. So actually, yes Kodi deleted the parent folder instead of the show folder. I'll fix it in next 7.X version.

monkeylove

Here's another thing I discovered: if you need Emby to find subtitles, then stick to Opensubtitles and don't add more subtitle plugins. Otherwise, Emby might get stuck looking for subtitles using the additional subtitle sources, and the libraries in Kodi won't get updated because the addon will wait for the server to complete the subtitle search first. (Although you can go to the server configuration and cancel the search.)

quickmic

New version available 7.12.0 -> 7.13.0:

Delta changelog:

Fix tvshow path assignment
minor code fixes
use notification callbacks also for player event
fix minor player issues
fix intros in native mode
change recently added nodes

Comment:

If you decide using the delete option, IT'S YOUR RISK!
I have no idea why anyone doing fileops on Kodi but if, LOOK and VERFY what Kodi is about to delete or modify. The affected folder is clearly shown in a Kodi popup message.

Kodi/the plugin should be used as a player not a file/metadata editor. Also I recommend addon mode there is still no good reason using native mode.
Native mode is by far not that well tested as addon mode. I don't use it and the majority of users also don't.

Edited by quickmic

Mookdog
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

New version available 7.12.0 -> 7.13.0:

Delta changelog:

Fix tvshow path assignment
minor code fixes
use notification callbacks also for player event
fix minor player issues
fix intros in native mode
change recently added nodes

Comment:

If you decide using the delete option, IT'S YOUR RISK!
I have no idea why anyone doing fileops on Kodi but if, LOOK and VERFY what Kodi is about to delete or modify. The affected folder is clearly shown in a Kodi popup message.

Kodi/the plugin should be used as a player not a file/metadata editor. Also I recommend addon mode there is still no good reason using native mode.
Native mode is by far not that well tested as addon mode. I don't use it and the majority of users also don't.

Hey @quickmic

Looks like the latest beta server of emby borked something version 4.8.0.20 bc now I cant sync my library back it freezes on some shows and just stays there. 

Mook

quickmic
Just now, Mookdog said:

Hey @quickmic

Looks like the latest beta server of emby borked something version 4.8.0.20 bc now I cant sync my library back it freezes on some shows and just stays there. 

Mook

I also updated to 4.8.20 two hours ago and felt a bit slow. Currently I'm running a library sync on Emby server and perform some tests...

quickmic

"Numerous internal database changes to prepare for upcoming features", let's see if a library sync helps.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
38 minutes ago, Mookdog said:

Hey @quickmic

Mook

Library scan didn't help, I'll restore my 4.8.0.19 backup and wait for further information/new beta version.

Mookdog
31 minutes ago, quickmic said:

"Numerous internal database changes to prepare for upcoming features", let's see if a library sync helps.

I noticed when syncing in NextGen it freezes on shows with more than 1 season. I just deleted a show that it froze on to see if it made a difference and it froze on the next show. As soon as it gets to the season portion of scanning it in thats when all hell breaks loose. 

quickmic
Just now, Mookdog said:

I noticed when syncing in NextGen it freezes on shows with more than 1 season. I just deleted a show that it froze on to see if it made a difference and it froze on the next show. As soon as it gets to the season portion of scanning it in thats when all hell breaks loose. 

I'm using debug logs on Emby server and see the data queries are awful slow. That's why the plugin freezes etc.

Mookdog
17 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I'm using debug logs on Emby server and see the data queries are awful slow. That's why the plugin freezes etc.

It screwed up dynamic modes too. I cant get recently added in my new releases to show and resume show no longer shows the shows. Unfortunate I tried to revert back by copying over the system folder from .19 and the server will not load my libraries