<icon>DefaultRecentlyAddedEpisodes.png</icon>
    <content>tvshows</content>
    <rule field="tag" operator="is">TV Shows</rule>
    <order direction="descending">dateadded</order>
    <rule field="playcount" operator="is">0</rule>
    <rule field="inprogress" operator="false" />
    <limit>25</limit>
</node>

your watchedcount in the database is 84.

Means, the node excludes it from view -> <rule field="playcount" operator="is">0</rule>

Okay, I'm a bit surprised, I'm actually sure I never adjusted it manually. Do you have any idea how I can get it back to default? I have reset the local database, are there still default folders where the default playlists are? I'd like to set all of them to default right away, not that something else has been set somewhere that I don't know about. Thank you very much.

quickmic
1 minute ago, Seger said:

Okay, I'm a bit surprised, I'm actually sure I never adjusted it manually. Do you have any idea how I can get it back to default? I have reset the local database, are there still default folders where the default playlists are? I'd like to set all of them to default right away, not that something else has been set somewhere that I don't know about. Thank you very much.

That is the default node, you didn't modify anything. I'll change it in next version.

But you can remove the rules manually.

DarWun
11 hours ago, quickmic said:

I already told you how to fix the update issue, did you try it?

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-7.11.2-build 1.zip 6.53 MB · 2 downloads

Sorry. I was away for the past week and did not get a chance to try what you recommended. When I got home yesterday 7.11.1 was available, so I just updated to it. I'll install 7.11.2 when I get from work later today and post back.

• Thanks 1

DarWun

@quickmicUpdated to E4K 7.11.2. Episode playback issues resolved. I had previously deleted advancedsettings.xml, and I can report back that the sync/"node update" issues I reported about after updating to 7.11.0 from 7.10.5 are also resolved. So all is good. Thanks!!!

Attached a log after playing a few episodes just in case something still jumps out to you as problematic.

kodi.log

Edited by DarWun
  • Like 1

SwanStream

Hey @quickmic, I'm back to trying 7.x and ran into a problem with deleting.... Seems I'm locking up Kodi when I try to delete shows, yes, shows, not episodes... the whole stinky show.  I'll PM log.

quickmic
11 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

Seems I'm locking up Kodi when I try to delete shows

You mean a Kodi freeze? A Crash?

Logs looks actually ok.

Edited by quickmic

SwanStream

A freeze... I suggest to kodi that it delete a show that stinks, yes I'm sure, the files too, yes I'm sure,... Nothing happens... I get bored... I run out of whisky... so I hit a mouse button and get the application isn't responding (win11)... I say kill it... it dies. I open Kodi again, and the show is gone.... but the files still remain, all of them. War of the Worlds(2019)🤮 is the show I tried to kill.

Its happened with other shows too.... that's a promise, not a threat!😉

Thanks for the assist.

quickmic
18 hours ago, SwanStream said:

A freeze... I suggest to kodi that it delete a show that stinks, yes I'm sure, the files too, yes I'm sure,... Nothing happens... I get bored... I run out of whisky... so I hit a mouse button and get the application isn't responding (win11)... I say kill it... it dies. I open Kodi again, and the show is gone.... but the files still remain, all of them. War of the Worlds(2019)🤮 is the show I tried to kill.

Its happened with other shows too.... that's a promise, not a threat!😉

Thanks for the assist.

I found at least one issue, not sure if it addresses the reported one. Let's see, I'll upload a new version tomorrow.

The bugs I have had through all the versions and still have:

I run in native mode on Odroid N2+ using latest CoreElec.

1. If I delete a TV-Show including it's folder on my NAS (/TVShows/Show1), Emby next-gen doesn't always recognise this and keeps it in it's library even though Emby on the server has removed the TV-Show as it should.. If I then manually delete the show from within Kodi, it will ask me if I want to delete the folder (/TVShows/) probably because the actual Show1 folder has been deleted. This means all my TV-Shows will be wiped if I click yes. I did this once!

2. If I delete one TVshow episode file directly on the NAS,  Emby next gen doesn't remove this episode from it's library. If I then manually delete it from Kodi, it will disappear. BUT when I then re-insert the same episode, perhaps because I wanted a better quality, next-gen refuses to add it again within Kodi, even though it shows up fine in Emby server.

So basically my issues are with the handling of deleted shows and files and sync-issues between Emby server and the local DB I assume Next-gen creates on the Kodi client.

quickmic
1 minute ago, djon said:

The bugs I have had through all the versions and still have:

I run in native mode on Odroid N2+ using latest CoreElec.

1. If I delete a TV-Show including it's folder on my NAS (/TVShows/Show1), Emby next-gen doesn't always recognise this and keeps it in it's library even though Emby on the server has removed the TV-Show as it should.. If I then manually delete the show from within Kodi, it will ask me if I want to delete the folder (/TVShows/) probably because the actual Show1 folder has been deleted. This means all my TV-Shows will be wiped if I click yes. I did this once!

2. If I delete one TVshow episode file directly on the NAS,  Emby next gen doesn't remove this episode from it's library. If I then manually delete it from Kodi, it will disappear. BUT when I then re-insert the same episode, perhaps because I wanted a better quality, next-gen refuses to add it again within Kodi, even though it shows up fine in Emby server.

So basically my issues are with the handling of deleted shows and files and sync-issues between Emby server and the local DB I assume Next-gen creates on the Kodi client.

How did you remove the tvshow on Emby server? In need exact information about your folder structure on and which folder you removed.

fyi, this has an impact what Emby server reports as "removed" to the plugin. Could be a folder remove, could be a tvshow remove, could be a all seasons are reported as removed, could be all episodes are reported as removed.

3 minutes ago, quickmic said:

How did you remove the tvshow on Emby server? In need exact information about your folder structure on and which folder you removed.

fyi, this has an impact what Emby server reports as "removed" to the plugin. Could be a folder remove, could be a tvshow remove, could be a all seasons are reported as removed, could be all episodes are reported as removed.

I just deleted the folder/files on the NAS and Emby server did the rest. It's gone from Emby server, but I don't know how Emby server handles that when it comes to reporting. I didn't know there were different types of situations depending how a show/episode was removed. So for instance I deleted "Show 1" and the files under the folder directly on the NAS.

Structure is as explained:

/Tv-shows/Show 1/<files>

/Tv-shows/Show 2/<files>

etc.

Emby then has a TV-Show library scanning /TV-Shows/*

File structure is flattened, so no Season folders.

quickmic
10 minutes ago, djon said:

I just deleted the folder/files on the NAS and Emby server did the rest. It's gone from Emby server, but I don't know how Emby server handles that when it comes to reporting. I didn't know there were different types of situations depending how a show/episode was removed. So for instance I deleted "Show 1" and the files under the folder directly on the NAS.

Structure is as explained:

/Tv-shows/Show 1/<files>

/Tv-shows/Show 2/<files>

etc.

Emby then has a TV-Show library scanning /TV-Shows/*

File structure is flattened, so no Season folders.

To make it absolutely clear:

e.g. Before removal:

/TV-Shows/A-Team/S01E01 - episodename.mp4

/TV-Shows/A-Team/S01E02 - episodename.mp4

/TV-Shows/A-Team/S02E01 - episodename.mp4

/TV-Shows/OtherShows/

Then you removed the folder: "A-Team", after removal looks like this:

/TV-Shows/OtherShows/

or did you remove the episodes, would look like that:

/TV-Shows/A-Team/

/TV-Shows/OtherShows/

Based on your structure, in first case Emby would report a folder/tvshow removal, second would report an episode (probably a season) removal.

Edited by quickmic

I deleted the files AND the folder, so A-Team folder and files would be gone leaving only /OtherShows/

I'm guessing this is why Emby next-gen tries to delete the entire TV-Shows folder instead, because the A-Team folder is gone already?

Edited by djon
  • Thanks 1

quickmic
4 minutes ago, djon said:

I deleted the files AND the folder, so A-Team folder and files would be gone leaving only /OtherShows/

I'm guessing this is why Emby next-gen tries to delete the entire TV-Shows folder instead, because the A-Team folder is gone already?

Ok, I'll perform a test with your folder structure and see what happens.

quickmic

@djon

I performed another test with same folder structure and in native mode. All perfect, there must be additional configurations in your setup.

Do you use smb shares or folder substitutions "(optional) Shared network folder " option on Emby server?

I use path substitution \\192.168.1.101\TV-Shows under the library and have this as an SMB share on Kodi.

What happens if Kodi is shut off, you delete the files and TV-show folder and then turn on Kodi? Will Emby server send the changes then or does it only work when Kodi is on, when you delete the folder and episodes?  

Edited by djon

quickmic
5 minutes ago, djon said:

I use path substitution \\192.168.1.101\TV-Shows under the library and have this as an SMB share on Kodi.

I ran another test, also perfect. I hope you haven't assigned the substitution after you performed the init sync on Kodi. This lead into an inconsistent state.

Any other "special" settings on emby server? Do you use realtime monitoring on Emby server -> "Enable real time monitoring"?

What happens on your end? When you delete the show folder and files, does emby next-gen delete it accordingly on Kodi? Or is it the manual delete part that doesn't  try to delete the entire TV-Shows folder?

quickmic
22 minutes ago, djon said:

What happens on your end? When you delete the show folder and files, does emby next-gen delete it accordingly on Kodi? Or is it the manual delete part that doesn't  try to delete the entire TV-Shows folder?

It removes the complete TV-Show from Kodi. Exactly how it should be.

https://youtu.be/f1f2Xe5sfZ8