embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
18 minutes ago, Onana said:

Hi @quickmic

Sorry if this as already been asked but I didn’t find it.

Let’s say that I have 2 servers. One that I scan to my kodi library and another one that I only want to access in dynamic mode. There’s any way to merge the in progress tv episodes from the 2 servers on a single widget?

Thank you.

No, that's not possible. Kodi loads the widgets for synced nodes (not the plugin) and Kodi is not aware about dynamic nodes.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

New version available 7.10.4 -> 7.11.0:

Delta changelog:

fix sync issue when content released from multiversion
minor init sync performance improvements
clean code
fix minor server connection issue when mode switched (e.g. from localaddress to remoteaddress)
fix variable type for Kodi listitems
fix youtube links for dynamic items
fix vacuum db and progress bar
fix iso playback in addon mode
remove option to use runtime limits from Emby server (too experimental) added on the list for 8.x
add translations

Comment:

Due to some sync issues, a mandatory database reset required.

HansWurst

Collections / Box Sets now work with home video content. A huge improvement für me. Thank you for that! 

Btw: Is there a way to use embys "album artists" in music data hub of the addon? 

• Like 1

quickmic
3 minutes ago, HansWurst said:

Btw: Is there a way to use embys "album artists" in music data hub of the addon? 

That should be a (native) Kodi setting -> Settings -> Media -> Music -> Show song and album artists (this can cause a massive performance impact on large libraries).

• Thanks 1

HansWurst

Yes, I ticked this Option on. But "Interpreten" (artists) and "Albuminterpreten" (album artists) are all mixed up under "Interpreten" (artists). 

That makes this point quite useless (in the emby app there are two different menu Tabs for this). 

quickmic
6 minutes ago, HansWurst said:

Yes, I ticked this Option on. But "Interpreten" (artists) and "Albuminterpreten" (album artists) are all mixed up under "Interpreten" (artists). 

That makes this point quite useless (in the emby app there are two different menu Tabs for this). 

Yes, but this is the way Kodi handels Artists.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
2 minutes ago, HansWurst said:

Ok, thank you. I think I will remove the music database from Kodi and use the emby App for this. 

Probably the best at the moment. I see if I could add an option for dynamic nodes.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
37 minutes ago, HansWurst said:

Ok, thank you. I think I will remove the music database from Kodi and use the emby App for this. 

One more question. What do you expect as a "subfolder"? Album or Songs? Kodi's view is (Album)Artist -> Album -> Songs. If I customize something, any option is possible. e.g. AlbumArtist -> Songs or AlbumArtist -> Album -> Songs.

Edit:

I put that on the 8.X list

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

HansWurst

Hhm. Albumartist - Album - Song. 

Emby handles it quite well. 

It uses the artist tag only if there is no album artist. 

My problem: I have a lot of samplers what means the artist tag is useless at last. 

• Like 1

DarWun

Just updated to E4K 7.11.0 on LibreElec 10.0.3 (Rpi4). Emby version is Beta 4.8.0.19 installed on a Synology NAS. Watched status is no longer updating in E4K without a database reset. Log attached.

kodi.log

Pejamas
1 hour ago, DarWun said:

Just updated to E4K 7.11.0 on LibreElec 10.0.3 (Rpi4). Emby version is Beta 4.8.0.19 installed on a Synology NAS. Watched status is no longer updating in E4K without a database reset. Log attached.

kodi.log 2.47 MB · 0 downloads

Quickmic noted "a mandatory database reset required."

quickmic
1 hour ago, Pejamas said:

Quickmic noted "a mandatory database reset required."

Correct, but should be initiated automatically after plugin installation/update.

@DarWun Can you elaborate what's the problem? The log indicates no problem.

Edited by quickmic

Pejamas

Actually I just notice that after updating playback resume status isnt syncing, there used to be a an option (cant remember the exact name) something like use emby sync status but that isnt in 7.11.0?

quickmic
4 minutes ago, Pejamas said:

Actually I just notice that after updating playback resume status isnt syncing, there used to be a an option (cant remember the exact name) something like use emby sync status but that isnt in 7.11.0?

Yes it's removed, and you don't need it. It' was just for edge cases and quite unstable:

remove option to use runtime limits from Emby server (too experimental) added on the list for 8.x

quickmic

The progress still syncs but according to limits set by Kodi, not by Emby server. If you used this option before, maybe you need to delete your advancedsettings.xml in your ./kodi/data/userdata/advancedsettings.xml  and restart Kodi twice.

Maybe the old "limits" are still included there.

Edited by quickmic

Pejamas
17 minutes ago, quickmic said:

The progress still syncs but according to limits set by Kodi, not by Emby server. If you used this option before, maybe you need to delete you advancedsettings.xml in your ./kodi/data/userdata/advancedsettings.xml  and restart Kodi twice.

Maybe the old "limits" are still included there.advancedsettings.xml

Deleted the advanced settings, rebooted kodi twice and still not syncing. If I stop a show mid way through, it shows no progress. If I exit kodi and relaunch it then shows the partial watched status though.

HansWurst

@Pejamas 

Same issue here with a Synology NAS. 

Sometimes watch state is correct, sometimes there is no effect after watching a half film and another time it is marked as watched after just watching the half. 

Where did you delete the cache? In Android system? 

Pejamas

Here you go, was playing an episode and it was tracking playback status in kodi (stopped a few times in the first 10 minutes) then finished the episode and it stayed at resume at 8 minutes~

kodi.log

quickmic
6 hours ago, Pejamas said:

Here you go, was playing an episode and it was tracking playback status in kodi (stopped a few times in the first 10 minutes) then finished the episode and it stayed at resume at 8 minutes~

kodi.log 150.57 kB · 1 download

I have a rough idea why this happens. Your Emby server was busy with sync while playback and after finished, Emby updated exactly the file you played.

Seems Emby server didn't had the latest progress (reported by the plugin) in it's update queue when send an "older" state to the plugin ->  overwrote the progress

Actually it makes sense and is in a way "correct". This is by design. You can try disable your sync procedures on Emby server and retry. Quite sure this will not happen when Emby server is idle. If so, you should think when/how trigger jobs on Emby server.

Edited by quickmic

I think that waiting for the server leads to synchronisation problems. I also have the feeling that the interface/addon is always behind. At that time, it always snuck into a running process, didn't it? The server has a lot of processes that run from time to time, can't you expect a change on the client in the running process? I think that's why you sometimes don't see anything in the log. Thank you very much for your endless efforts.  I will only be able to test it extensively next week. Many greetings Seger