embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic

Additional info, the build 1 fixed a bug which was on me.

the build2 ex1 is just a try to improve http stability.

BUT and that's a big one. There is a issue in the Kodi code related to listitems. I don't wanna go any deeper, but this affects all dynamic lists added as widgets (maybe also lists).

Kodi calls in some cases the same Emby server URLs  3 or 4 times for no reason. This makes it unstable.

quickmic

And I did not find a new setting to disable the free space check, which I think would be appreciated.

Not added yet, cannot do all at once.

nuentes
7 hours ago, quickmic said:

Try this first:

Just finally was able to update. I restarted Kodi after, and Kodi promptly crashed when I tried to play something from the widget. I tried a couple more times, and now I'm seeing about 50/50 crash from the widget.

• Thanks 1

nuentes
9 hours ago, quickmic said:

...and build 1 is still fine (beside the metadata infor for dynamic widgets)?

I don't recall getting a single crash with build 1. Would you like for me to test again?

quickmic
1 hour ago, nuentes said:

I don't recall getting a single crash with build 1. Would you like for me to test again?

Actually, I think both have random crashes.

I fixed a few bugs in my current test version, but as said. There is a major Kodi/Skin helpers bug. I already tried a million workarounds and spent several hours, but nothing is going to work so far.

Unfortunalty I'm running out of options :(

You can try this version, at least it should improve the dynamic widgets but the core issue is not in the plugin code.

As you use dynamic custom nodes as widgets (and that's the source of the issue), playback always works once. You can observe the widget-refresh.

After first playback, it's refreshed immediately (blob on the screen).

If you play it twice or more times, widget-refresh is delayed, by seconds/minutes. That's a side effect of the issue.

...and if you play the same (dynamic widget) content more often, it will crash at some point.

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-7.11.1-build 18.zip

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

btw, this issue ONLY affects custom nodes, used as widget, which are not using Kodi's stock functions. So ALL dynamic nodes AND next-episode (even synced) @Seger

So all synced content custom nodes are working perfectly even as widgets (beside next-episode).

Also ALL custom nodes works as list view.

Edited by quickmic

nuentes
7 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Actually, I think both have random crashes.

I fixed a few bugs in my current test version, but as said. There is a major Kodi/Skin helpers bug. I already tried a million workarounds and spent several hours, but nothing is going to work so far.

Unfortunalty I'm running out of options :(

You can try this version, at least it should improve the dynamic widgets but the core issue is not in the plugin code.

As you use dynamic widgets (and that's the source of the issue), playback always works once. You can observe the widget-refresh.

After first playback, it's refreshed immediately (blob on the screen).

If you play it twice or more times, widget-refresh is delayed, by seconds/minutes. That's a side effect of the issue.

...and if you play the same (dynamic widget) content more often, it will crash at some point.

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-7.11.1-build 18.zip 6.53 MB · 0 downloads

Well, I honestly never had any issues playing from a widget before we started messing with it. Kodi never once crashed. This is certainly a brand new issue since we started playing with it. I'll test and report back.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
59 minutes ago, nuentes said:

widget before we started messing with it

As mentioned, ONLY affects dynamic widgets. Use synced widgets and you have no problem. Anyway, still reviewing code..

nuentes
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

As mentioned, ONLY affects dynamic widgets. Use synced widgets and you have no problem. Anyway, still reviewing code..

Alright, no crashing from my widget. Only had images/info on 1/3 of the videos I played, but at least Kodi didn't crash! And I haven't seen the advancedsettings issue in a while now. I believe these are the only 2 you've addressed? Or should I be trying to replicate my crashing from loading too many images at once?

quickmic
14 hours ago, nuentes said:

Alright, no crashing from my widget. Only had images/info on 1/3 of the videos I played, but at least Kodi didn't crash! And I haven't seen the advancedsettings issue in a while now. I believe these are the only 2 you've addressed? Or should I be trying to replicate my crashing from loading too many images at once?

Yes please

Summery (I'll also add this in FAQ soon):

"E4K next gen" is mainly designed for fully Kodi integration. Therefore it's optimized to "fake" Emby content as "native Kodi" content.

You should experience zero differences between stock Kodi content and Emby content (synced via plugin). Full stop here.

All other functions are NOT showstoppers! -> dynamic nodes, specific skin issues etc (Anyway, I'll review them)

E4K also offers many additional functionalities which are NOT based on Kodi stock implementations.

These functions are also very well tested, but some of them depends of Kodi's API integrations and also suffers from Kodi bugs (and there are quite a few).

Conclusion:

If you looking for clone of Emby's WebUi/Frontend, probably don't use E4K. There are other tools/plugins covering that.

If you want a fully Kodi integration with highend performance, go for E4K.

Guidelines (E4K):

DON'T use dynamic nodes wherever you can (This is a fallback only).

If for some reason (HDD size, too much content/sync time) you don't want sync content, E4K is probably not the right tool for you.

btw, I'll release 7.11.1 tomorrow, covering the final (edge case) issues.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
9 hours ago, Onana said:

Hi @quickmic

New setup on nvidia shield.

E4K latest test 7.11

kodi 20 beta 1

Only scanning music library. Always crash on 100% scanning albums.

Debug log attached 

Thank you

kodi 2.txt 2.38 MB · 5 downloads

There is no issue, no crash, nothing odd reported in the log. Last was an Emby server http query Audio.

Also I have nothing changed in the sync code in 7.11.1.

Maybe Kodi 20 related? Probably they have changed the database schema.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

quickmic

New version available 7.11.0 -> 7.11.1:

Delta changelog:

add option to disable free space verification
fix several playback issue for edge cases
workarounds for kodi issues
add translations

DarWun
12 hours ago, quickmic said:

New version available 7.11.0 -> 7.11.1:

Delta changelog:

add option to disable free space verification
fix several playback issue for edge cases
workarounds for kodi issues
add translations

@quickmicI had issues with 7.11.0 and media playback not updating in Kodi/E4K. That may have been a node/widget issue in Embuary. I just updated to 7.11.1 with the hopes those issues might be resolved. Unfortunately, with 7.11.1 media playback fails for all content. Log attached. 

In the meantime, I rolled back to 7.10.5. So far no playback issues with that version.

kodi.log

Edited by DarWun

quickmic
8 hours ago, DarWun said:

@quickmicI had issues with 7.11.0 and media playback not updating in Kodi/E4K. That may have been a node/widget issue in Embuary. I just updated to 7.11.1 with the hopes those issues might be resolved. Unfortunately, with 7.11.1 media playback fails for all content. Log attached. 

In the meantime, I rolled back to 7.10.5. So far no playback issues with that version.

kodi.log 2.38 MB · 1 download

I already told you how to fix the update issue, did you try it?

The playback issue seems to be new.

Is the movie you played a remote content (internet video, probably a strm file etc?). I see in the log, that the "Remote content verification" was triggered.

Is no movie able to play, or just this one.

EDIT:

Please try this version:

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-7.11.2-build 1.zip

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

was there a sorting change for Latest Series (Emby) vs. Kodi (recently added series)?

Emby display: Just padded the last two series with some episodes. New seasons have been added, so to speak, and in Emby it is displayed as the newest series in the front, as always.  

image.thumb.png.80b8e19d2e8f00fe9e8bc7cfea668ad3.png

On Kodi it looks like this: the series S.W.A.T and Brooklyn Nine-Nine are not shown at all. I have already looked in the sorting settings and found nothing wrong.

image.png.f8e25348bc36578f9ec7a253db8c1daa.png

quickmic
30 minutes ago, Seger said:

was there a sorting change for Latest Series (Emby) vs. Kodi (recently added series)?

Emby display: Just padded the last two series with some episodes. New seasons have been added, so to speak, and in Emby it is displayed as the newest series in the front, as always.  

image.thumb.png.80b8e19d2e8f00fe9e8bc7cfea668ad3.png

On Kodi it looks like this: the series S.W.A.T and Brooklyn Nine-Nine are not shown at all. I have already looked in the sorting settings and found nothing wrong.

image.png.f8e25348bc36578f9ec7a253db8c1daa.png

check the tvshow timestamps on Kodi. Are they correct and matching with Emby server?

9 minutes ago, quickmic said:

check the tvshow timestamps on Kodi. Are they correct and matching with Emby server?

I assume that it has exactly to do with that. But I wonder how I can check the timestamp? It should be the same timestamp, as I can't set a setting in Kodi that uses a different timestamp. Kodi database would be reset and Emby sets the new nfo files when adding. But it could also be that I just don't have my eyes open at lunchtime 🙂

quickmic
5 minutes ago, Seger said:

I assume that it has exactly to do with that. But I wonder how I can check the timestamp? It should be the same timestamp, as I can't set a setting in Kodi that uses a different timestamp. Kodi database would be reset and Emby sets the new nfo files when adding. But it could also be that I just don't have my eyes open at lunchtime 🙂

Kodi TVSHows info page.

image.thumb.png.d56178e6d5089f4a37a64f6e1aa2594a.png

I went into the standard skin and looked there. The episodes have the correct date. Can I delete any local playlists so that the default playlists are set again? I am still at a loss. Have I changed something in the standard playlists? What setting do you have under the default skin under customise settings?

quickmic
2 minutes ago, Seger said:

image.thumb.png.d56178e6d5089f4a37a64f6e1aa2594a.png

I went into the standard skin and looked there. The episodes have the correct date. Can I delete any local playlists so that the default playlists are set again? I am still at a loss. Have I changed something in the standard playlists? What setting do you have under the default skin under customise settings?

Timestamp looks, good.

2 possible issues. First the sorting is still wrong. How is the order if you use plugins's menu (synced nodes) and not embedded in the skin?

Second, the timestamp is German format in the database. Actually I took care about that, but how knows. Only possible to review, if you send me you myvideo.db.

8 minutes ago, quickmic said:

How is the order if you use plugins's menu (synced nodes) and not embedded in the skin?

Im Plugin wird es genauso angezeigt wie es nachher im Skin landet, das ist synchron.

Habe die Datenbank hochgeladen, leider ging es nicht über das Forum, da meine Datenbank >400mb groß ist.

https://www.transfernow.net/dl/20221205QiD7kepo

quickmic
9 minutes ago, Seger said:

Im Plugin wird es genauso angezeigt wie es nachher im Skin landet, das ist synchron.

Habe die Datenbank hochgeladen, leider ging es nicht über das Forum, da meine Datenbank >400mb groß ist.

https://www.transfernow.net/dl/20221205QiD7kepo

Node:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="2" type="filter">
    <label>Recently Added TV Shows</label>
    <match>all</match>
    <icon>DefaultRecentlyAddedEpisodes.png</icon>
    <content>tvshows</content>
    <rule field="tag" operator="is">TV Shows</rule>
    <order direction="descending">dateadded</order>
    <rule field="playcount" operator="is">0</rule>
    <rule field="inprogress" operator="false" />
    <limit>25</limit>
</node>

your watchedcount in the database is 84.

Means, the node excludes it from view -> <rule field="playcount" operator="is">0</rule>

Edited by quickmic