embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
3 hours ago, BlubberGuy said:

Well, in Browser Emby shows the Special Episodes.

Ok, I'll check it but probably something for 8.X

quickmic

New version available 7.10.3 -> 7.10.4:

Delta changelog:

fix dynamic nodes progress for tvshows, season
add dynamic nodes support for reset position, set (un)watched
support realtime updates for dynamic nodes
fix sets (remove movie after played)
fix path update if strm file content link has changed

Edited by quickmic

surge919

edited:
I thought I had 7.10.4 when I posted the following.. I actually had 7.10.2 on each TV.  I updated them to 7.10.4 and now all shows are showing up as expected.

------------------

I have this installed on several TVs and most shows sync fine.  However, I recently found a show that shows up on all TVs except for one.  All TVs are updated to the latest 7.10.2 but I noticed this happening for the last few versions.  I'm not sure how long this has been happening since I mostly watch the show on my main TV.

This happened a while ago and I fixed it by wiping the data in Kodi and doing a full setup.  It was acting weird in other areas so I decided to do a clean start from scratch.

When I update I always let it do a DB and cache wipe.  Is there something else I should try?

thanks

Edited by surge919

quickmic
2 hours ago, surge919 said:

I have this installed on several TVs and most shows sync fine.  However, I recently found a show that shows up on all TVs except for one.  All TVs are updated to the latest 7.10.2 but I noticed this happening for the last few versions.  I'm not sure how long this has been happening since I mostly watch the show on my main TV.

This happened a while ago and I fixed it by wiping the data in Kodi and doing a full setup.  It was acting weird in other areas so I decided to do a clean start from scratch.

When I update I always let it do a DB and cache wipe.  Is there something else I should try?

So it's solved with 7.10.4?

If not:

Well, I rather want find the reason not a workaround. Can you give me some more information? Was the show not synced after initial sync or was it a show added after you setup the plugin?

Also is the socket connection (realtime sync) working on all boxes? Can you send a text message to your boxes for verification?

If you can reproduce the issue, please send me a kodi.log after init sync and name the affected tvshow.

Edited by quickmic

BlubberGuy
On 11/17/2022 at 3:42 PM, quickmic said:

Ok, I'll check it but probably something for 8.X

Would be great. It´s really frustrating.

quickmic
2 minutes ago, BlubberGuy said:

Would be great. It´s really frustrating.

You can also switch to the dynamic node for this case.

Edited by quickmic

Mookdog

Hey @quickmic

Any chance of adding the function Recently added shows to the tv shows section of the dynamic node ? It has recently added episodes but not shows

Thanks

Mook

quickmic
7 hours ago, Mookdog said:

Hey @quickmic

Any chance of adding the function Recently added shows to the tv shows section of the dynamic node ? It has recently added episodes but not shows

Thanks

Mook

Yes, I'll add a node.

quickmic

New version available 7.10.4 -> 7.10.5:

Delta changelog:

fix dynamic nodes shown as widgets
fix dynamic nodes crashes when used as widgets
add recently added tvshows to dynamic items

• Thanks 1

Mookdog
10 hours ago, quickmic said:

New version available 7.10.4 -> 7.10.5:

Delta changelog:

fix dynamic nodes shown as widgets
fix dynamic nodes crashes when used as widgets
add recently added tvshows to dynamic items

Hey @quickmic

I noticed that dynamic modes widgets still crash. I went to play a tv show and it crashed. Only happens sometimes. When I get back to device I will get u a log

Mook

quickmic
44 minutes ago, Mookdog said:

Hey @quickmic

I noticed that dynamic modes widgets still crash. I went to play a tv show and it crashed. Only happens sometimes. When I get back to device I will get u a log

Mook

Are you testing with disabled embuary info and helper?

I cant stress this enough (especially for crashes), a bug report should be validated on a stock Kodi installation without any 3rd party plugins installed beside the next-gen plugin. The embuary modules have known stability issues.

And yes, please send me a kodi.log for review.

Edited by quickmic

Mookdog
5 hours ago, quickmic said:

Are you testing with disabled embuary info and helper?

I cant stress this enough (especially for crashes), a bug report should be validated on a stock Kodi installation without any 3rd party plugins installed beside the next-gen plugin. The embuary modules have known stability issues.

And yes, please send me a kodi.log for review.

Ok I did a fresh install of kodi 19.4 and I used a very lightweight skin with widgets (That doesnt use embuary modules) and it crashes on when I try to continue watching a movie in dynamic node . I will attach a log

Update It seems to crash once u continue watching a movie then back out like it wants to update your progress but crashes kodi

kodi.log

Edited by Mookdog
  • Thanks 1

quickmic
4 hours ago, Mookdog said:

Ok I did a fresh install of kodi 19.4 and I used a very lightweight skin with widgets (That doesnt use embuary modules) and it crashes on when I try to continue watching a movie in dynamic node . I will attach a log

Update It seems to crash once u continue watching a movie then back out like it wants to update your progress but crashes kodi

kodi.log 104.54 kB · 1 download

Thanks for the afford, unfortunately the log doesn't show any indication of the crash 🙄

I'll review the listitems once maybe I find something. Did you trigger a playback or just browsing? How did you trigger the playback, via widget?

Edited by quickmic

Mookdog
21 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Thanks for the afford, unfortunately the log doesn't show any indication of the crash 🙄

I'll review the listitems once maybe I find something. Did you trigger a playback or just browsing? How did you trigger the playback, via widget?

Hey brother , Yes I triggered it via a widget it crashed multiple times. I also had my friend test it on his shield also and his crashed quite a bit. I will do more testing in a bit if it crashes again I will grab another log just in case. 

Mookkodi.log

I see this in the log that might be the culprit

ERROR <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.emby-next-gen/?id=56&mode=browse&query=Inprogress&server=83fadb22e2b54fcb92fb0c14bfbd34e8&arg=Movie

Edited by Mookdog
Attached log

quickmic
1 hour ago, Mookdog said:

Hey brother , Yes I triggered it via a widget it crashed multiple times. I also had my friend test it on his shield also and his crashed quite a bit. I will do more testing in a bit if it crashes again I will grab another log just in case. 

Mookkodi.log

I see this in the log that might be the culprit

ERROR <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.emby-next-gen/?id=56&mode=browse&query=Inprogress&server=83fadb22e2b54fcb92fb0c14bfbd34e8&arg=Movie

The actual problem is this one:

Attempt to erase invalid handle 19

I also had this from time to time. Imho a Kodi issue, but probably a result of invalid listitems.

Mookdog
22 minutes ago, quickmic said:

The actual problem is this one:

Attempt to erase invalid handle 19

I also had this from time to time. Imho a Kodi issue, but probably a result of invalid listitems.

Anyway to fix it ?

Mook

LichenKing

ISO playback broke again somewhere between 7.9.x and 7.10.5 but only if there is one version of the ISO file (the multi-select does not pop up).
If there are multiple versions of the movie (multiple ISO) and the multi-select shows up and version is selected it it starts playing okay.

This happens in movies and tvshows.

Playback failed
One ore more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message.

Edited by LichenKing

Hey my friend,

two observations which don't necessarily bother me, but I wanted to mention it. Otherwise, everything is great so far and thanks for the great work!!!!

When I go in via the addon, I don't see any information under dynamic nodes for series and mixed type.

image.thumb.png.7db747bd20b6e13f01a6d288bab8c14a.png

image.png.494ee3bc46276ba1bc8b4a339f60c1b6.png

What I also noticed is that resetting the node is carried out in all menus without any indication, or I'm not sure at the moment whether it is carried out.

quickmic
19 hours ago, LichenKing said:

ISO playback broke again somewhere between 7.9.x and 7.10.5 but only if there is one version of the ISO file (the multi-select does not pop up).
If there are multiple versions of the movie (multiple ISO) and the multi-select shows up and version is selected it it starts playing okay.

This happens in movies and tvshows.

Playback failed
One ore more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message.

Should be fixed in next version and I send you a PM.

quickmic
16 hours ago, Seger said:

Hey my friend,

two observations which don't necessarily bother me, but I wanted to mention it. Otherwise, everything is great so far and thanks for the great work!!!!

When I go in via the addon, I don't see any information under dynamic nodes for series and mixed type.

Not reproducible at the moment, it's fine here. Continue review.

What I also noticed is that resetting the node is carried out in all menus without any indication, or I'm not sure at the moment whether it is carried out.

Well, that's not random 😉 It refreshes the nodes if Emby server sends content or progress updates.

Edited by quickmic

LichenKing
8 hours ago, quickmic said:

Should be fixed in next version and I send you a PM.

Confirmed this has been fixed with a test build. Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

Hi @quickmic

Sorry if this as already been asked but I didn’t find it.

Let’s say that I have 2 servers. One that I scan to my kodi library and another one that I only want to access in dynamic mode. There’s any way to merge the in progress tv episodes from the 2 servers on a single widget?

Thank you.