embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
34 minutes ago, Seger said:

das meine ich was bei jedem Neustart einmal durchläuft:

videoget_next_episodes10472

Für mich sieht es so aus, als ob es diese als die nächsten Folgen überprüft. Können Sie nicht verhindern, dass es angezeigt wird?

Danke, wie immer sehr gute Arbeit!

kodi.log 91 kB · 0 downloads

2022-11-11 18:28:40.377 T:10472    INFO <general>: EMBY.helper.pluginmenu: Rebuid QueryCache: next_episodes_Serien

The videoget_next_episodes query is triggered on widget updates (triggered by skin helpers) and the cache was cleaned before. The cache is cleaned after every episode playback, cause the next episode "list" has changed and must be rebuild.

The cache is used if no changes are expected -> Skin helper queried next_episodes, but there was no episode operations before.

2022-11-11 18:28:42.712 T:4992     INFO <general>: EMBY.helper.pluginmenu: Using QueryCache: next_episodes_Serien

The logs shows, (the skin helper) queried the next_episodes (next-gen custom node) list and next-gen plugin extracts the data DIRECTLY from Kodi's database. (Much faster than using Kodi's RPC calls).

It just took 350ms which is very fast for this complex query compared with Kodi's RPC's (what the skin helpers uses for e.g. Embuary's next episode widget).

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

quickmic

To be clear here, the skin/skin helpers/skin infos does exactly the same using RPC calls and most likely NOT using any caches. That's why I recommend, remove all those unnecessary background "tasks":

I stop here, that's a different topic and we already talked about that.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

quickmic

New version available 7.9.4 -> 7.10.2:

Delta changelog:

fix playback stop if emby server no loaded
fix chapter sync issue

fix HEAD queries
Improvement for Emby server login, mainly for multiservers but also for single server
fix Emby server connection if Emby server is not online at Kodi start
fix Database (Emby server ID not loaded) for edge case
use timeouts for some POST and DELETE http queries, instead of threading them (more reliable Kodi playback seeking)
add server disconnect/remove function
add startup sync progress bar
Remove some delays on Wizard
Avoid removing custom nodes on factory or node reset (don't put you custom nodes in the "emby_*" folders or label the files "emby_*")

small playback improvement in addon mode for multicontent and transcoding
improve cinemamode in addon mode
unify actors/artists for each libraries
fix dynamic nodes status update
fix chapter marker image overlay for intros
add collection support for homevideos and musicvideos
fix tv tunes
add option to sync themes locally (tv tunes)
fix xml issues
fix boxsets for dynamic nodes when folders are assigned
image enhancement toggle -> reset artwork
change default setting for sync while playback to enabled
change to sync while playback
Rewrite Emby login code, fixing issues and remove duplicate http queries. Also fix emby connect and support dynamic IPs. Assign user picture as login icons.
fix strm plugin issue

Comment:

Mandatory database reset required.
Also it's recommended to remove existing artworks.

Let me know if there are any login issues. The part of code got major changes.

Edited by quickmic

image.png.7ff945f7f5164c1c876f827443a56742.png

image.png.1385c98d2d02998ad977ba2859eba0de.png

Hey you,

really don't want to bug you because it's the same thing over and over and I think it's just Embuary Helfer, but maybe you'll see something else. So, I had an episode under the "Continue watching" section (Supergirl S06E15). I selected the function "reset position", so that the progress bar should be reset for the next episode, but as you can see in the first picture, that didn't happen. Actually, it has already happened, because you can see it in the second picture. I have the same coustum widget row not only on the main screen, but also in the series section. As you can see on the second picture, it is also seen immediately on the server. So I get one and the same widget row displayed differently. But when I press Update Skin, both are the same. Enclosed is the log.

kodi.log

quickmic
14 minutes ago, Seger said:

image.png.7ff945f7f5164c1c876f827443a56742.png

image.png.1385c98d2d02998ad977ba2859eba0de.png

Hey you,

really don't want to bug you because it's the same thing over and over and I think it's just Embuary Helfer, but maybe you'll see something else. So, I had an episode under the "Continue watching" section (Supergirl S06E15). I selected the function "reset position", so that the progress bar should be reset for the next episode, but as you can see in the first picture, that didn't happen. Actually, it has already happened, because you can see it in the second picture. I have the same coustum widget row not only on the main screen, but also in the series section. As you can see on the second picture, it is also seen immediately on the server. So I get one and the same widget row displayed differently. But when I press Update Skin, both are the same. Enclosed is the log.

kodi.log 120.29 kB · 1 download

Please open a NEW thread for those Embuary related questions, otherwise I'm really start deleting them here. It spams this support forum for NEXT-GEN plugin.

I'll review them, but keep it separated!

If you can confirm an issue with default skin and next-gen custom nodes, you can report them here. Otherwise it's too specific to your skin.

Edited by quickmic
  • Agree 1

dapharsyde
9 hours ago, quickmic said:

New version available 7.9.4 -> 7.10.2:

Delta changelog:

fix dynamic nodes status update

Thank you for making this update.  With this change, I can confirm the watched/unwatched status is now being updated after playing a video from a dynamic node.

• Thanks 1

quickmic

New version available 7.10.2 -> 7.10.3:

Delta changelog:

fix minor issue on factory reset
fix next episode cache issue
fix http session close error
fix progress bar for startup sync
Improvement http POST and DELETE commands using a threading queue
fix database init issue
add progress bar for livetv sync
respect item limit for next episodes
add translations

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do you want to check something again, something has changed after our last test. If I start an episode, fast forward and stop it, the seen playback progress is set and it shows up briefly at continue/watch, shortly after that the episode is reset again.

kodi.log

Edited by Seger

I noticed in the next-gen-addon that when I go over the synchronized node "Movies" under Genre, it also shows me the movies/genres from another synchronized node "Child movies". Is it possible to keep the different nodes separate or does Genre combine everything as a Movie type?

838Joel
On 11/11/2022 at 11:32 PM, dapharsyde said:

Thank you for making this update.  With this change, I can confirm the watched/unwatched status is now being updated after playing a video from a dynamic node.

using 7.10.2, I agree that the show status update to watched after being played... But the season folder is not when this is the last played show of the season...

• Like 1

quickmic
6 hours ago, 838Joel said:

using 7.10.2, I agree that the show status update to watched after being played... But the season folder is not when this is the last played show of the season...

I'll check that.

quickmic
6 hours ago, Seger said:

I noticed in the next-gen-addon that when I go over the synchronized node "Movies" under Genre, it also shows me the movies/genres from another synchronized node "Child movies". Is it possible to keep the different nodes separate or does Genre combine everything as a Movie type?

I assume you are using the Kodi default node and not the plugin custom one?

2 hours ago, quickmic said:

I assume you are using the Kodi default node and not the plugin custom one?

I'm talking about the synchronized node genre, which is similar to Kodi's own. The dynamic addon node is clean, but slow because it is dynamic. My question might be different, is it possible to synchronize the genre nodes as they are displayed dynamically, or is that not technically possible or is it a monster :-)?

quickmic
1 minute ago, Seger said:

I'm talking about the synchronized node genre, which is similar to Kodi's own.

No it's not.

<node order="6" type="filter">
<label>Genres</label>
<match>all</match>
<icon>DefaultGenre.png</icon>
<content>movies</content>
<rule field="tag" operator="is">Movies</rule>
<order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
<group>genres</group>
</node>

2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Nein, ist es nicht.

<node order =" 6 " type =" filter " >  
<label> Genres </label>
<match> alle </match>
<icon> DefaultGenre.png </icon>
<content> Filme </content>
<rule field =" tag " operator =" is " >   Filme </rule>
<Ordnungsrichtung = " aufsteigend " >  Sortiertitel </order>
<group> Genres </group>
</Knoten>

Unfortunately, it is not displayed like this when I go to the addon. Only when I go to dynamic nodes is it displayed in this way. Syncronised addon genres are the same as those of the original Kodi.

For me, Kodi starts without the "Next" widget, only after a skin reload (perhaps it has something to do with the above). 

kodi.log

quickmic
1 minute ago, Seger said:

Unfortunately, it is not displayed like this when I go to the addon. Only when I go to dynamic nodes is it displayed in this way. Syncronised addon genres are the same as those of the original Kodi.

For me, Kodi starts without the "Next" widget, only after a skin reload (perhaps it has something to do with the above). 

kodi.log 89.03 kB · 0 downloads

I cannot follow. I performed a test with movie genres and it was absolutely correct. Please be specific what's the problem.

image.png.46b98b6a8f192f6476bf1e1c7918064f.png

image.png.6e56b1edfb9bfbc003c9864bdf037982.png

When I enter the cross and display the genre, all my films are included, films and children's films. With the "V" everything is correct, because it is dynamic.

GavinCampbell

Just curious if any testing of this version has been done on the Kodi Nexus builds?  I was going to start messing with it on my test rig.  Would the testing help or is it a waste of time at this point?

quickmic
9 hours ago, GavinCampbell said:

Just curious if any testing of this version has been done on the Kodi Nexus builds?  I was going to start messing with it on my test rig.  Would the testing help or is it a waste of time at this point?

I tested nexus one or two month ago. Was fine at this point.

• Like 1

quickmic
On 11/14/2022 at 9:23 AM, Seger said:

image.png.46b98b6a8f192f6476bf1e1c7918064f.png

image.png.6e56b1edfb9bfbc003c9864bdf037982.png

When I enter the cross and display the genre, all my films are included, films and children's films. With the "V" everything is correct, because it is dynamic.

Yep, but it's absolutely fine on my setup.

I have documentaries and movies, both handled by Kodi as movies. Genres are correctly assigned, no issue found. Docu has its genre, Movies as well. Also the sub content after selecting a genre is correct. -> no reproducible test case means there is nothing I can do.

Hey, sorry for the extra effort regarding the genres. The mistake is mine. I saw last night that obviously some children's films also have the tag Films, so it looks mixed to me. I don't know when or how this happened, as I remember maintaining the tags that way. Thanks for explaining, especially with the overview, then I checked the tags.

Many greetings

Seger

• Like 1

BlubberGuy

Hi, I am using it with Embuary.

When a TV Show has Specials they are correctly shown in the Series Folder, but under Next Up they do not appear.

Has that to do with the Plugin or the Skin? In Emby the Special is shown.

quickmic
7 hours ago, BlubberGuy said:

Hi, I am using it with Embuary.

When a TV Show has Specials they are correctly shown in the Series Folder, but under Next Up they do not appear.

Has that to do with the Plugin or the Skin? In Emby the Special is shown.

Depends which node you are using, Embuaries or plugins.

But they main question is, should they? The reference for the plugin nodes is the view on Emby's WebUI.

If you want to discuss this matter, please continue here: