embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic

@Seger @DarWun

Can you please perform another test with this version. It should actually fix the issue, not just ignore them. But please confirm a init sync is working before I upload it again, thanks. Also keep an eye on Kodi bookmarks (Emby chapters) if there is something odd.

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-7.10.1-build 10.zip

Edited by quickmic

4 hours ago, quickmic said:

@Seger @DarWun

Can you please perform another test with this version. It should actually fix the issue, not just ignore them. But please confirm a init sync is working before I upload it again, thanks. Also keep an eye on Kodi bookmarks (Emby chapters) if there is something odd.

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-7.10.1-build 10.zip 6.53 MB · 10 downloads log

kodi.

Edited by Seger

DarWun
6 hours ago, quickmic said:

@Seger @DarWun

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-7.10.1-build 10.zip 6.53 MB · 11 downloads

@quickmicI just updated to 7.10.1-build 10 from 7.9.3. I am still seeing a "Recovering from playback error" under streaming on the dashboard for an episode that had previously streamed without issue an 7.9.3. There is also a red progress line under the green playback indicator, which normally indicates buffering for transcoding (I think). That does not occur using 7.9.3.

image.png.25051da108d9d77d7a82a794eaaf0380.png

I've attached both the Kod and the Embyserver logs capturing the playback attempt.

Edited to add: This is what the Emby dashboard shows when streaming the same episode using E4K 7.9.3.

image.png.8f5878806b50ce8c25b8fd6adc348ed9.png

kodi.log embyserver.txt

Edited by DarWun

quickmic
6 hours ago, DarWun said:

@quickmicI just updated to 7.10.1-build 10 from 7.9.3. I am still seeing a "Recovering from playback error" under streaming on the dashboard for an episode that had previously streamed without issue an 7.9.3. There is also a red progress line under the green playback indicator, which normally indicates buffering for transcoding (I think). That does not occur using 7.9.3.

image.png.25051da108d9d77d7a82a794eaaf0380.png

I've attached both the Kod and the Embyserver logs capturing the playback attempt.

Edited to add: This is what the Emby dashboard shows when streaming the same episode using E4K 7.9.3.

image.png.8f5878806b50ce8c25b8fd6adc348ed9.png

kodi.log 2.33 MB · 0 downloads embyserver.txt 147.92 kB · 0 downloads

Interesting, this actually means, direct playback was not possible so the plugin started a hls stream. The red bar is the buffer status on Emby server for hls stream. The hls stream looking good, but question is why not playing directly.

What kind of content are you playing? A regular file or an external (internet) stream?

Is it synced or dynamic content?

EDIT:

I think I found the reason. It's a http HEAD request issue. I'll fix it in next version. btw, according to my review it must be remote content, can you confirm that?

Edited by quickmic

DarWun
7 hours ago, quickmic said:

I think I found the reason. It's a http HEAD request issue. I'll fix it in next version. btw, according to my review it must be remote content, can you confirm that?

Emby and media are located on a Synology NAS. Media is being played using E4K installed in LibreElec 10.3 on a Rpi4. I'm accessing the Emby dashboard on my PC. All devices are connected through my home LAN. 

quickmic
3 hours ago, DarWun said:

Emby and media are located on a Synology NAS. Media is being played using E4K installed in LibreElec 10.3 on a Rpi4. I'm accessing the Emby dashboard on my PC. All devices are connected through my home LAN. 

Interesting, Emby reported (when syncing libraries) a "remote" content or a bug in the plugin sync code. I'll review the plugin sync code again.

Try this version: Remote content should be fixed, no matter why it's reported. Btw, no need to resync databases.

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-7.10.1-build 15.zip

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

kodi.log

Just for the sake of good order, since I cached all the images during the day today, here's a log with a debug version.

It looks clean, but I noticed one piece of information that comes up from time to time: 

INFO <general>: EMBY.database.dbio: ---< DBCloseRW: texture / 2000 / artwork_cache rows updated on db close
WARNING <general>: EMBY.helper.utils: getFreeSpace: module 'os' has no attribute 'statvfs'

quickmic
43 minutes ago, Seger said:

kodi.log

Just for the sake of good order, since I cached all the images during the day today, here's a log with a debug version.

It looks clean, but I noticed one piece of information that comes up from time to time: 

INFO <general>: EMBY.database.dbio: ---< DBCloseRW: texture / 2000 / artwork_cache rows updated on db close
WARNING <general>: EMBY.helper.utils: getFreeSpace: module 'os' has no attribute 'statvfs'

Yep that's normal, Windows does not allow the statvfs (freespace) API query -> HDD space cannot be detected. No need to worry.

• Thanks 1

DarWun
7 hours ago, quickmic said:

Interesting, Emby reported (when syncing libraries) a "remote" content or a bug in the plugin sync code. I'll review the plugin sync code again.

Try this version: Remote content should be fixed, no matter why it's reported. Btw, no need to resync databases.

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-7.10.1-build 15.zip 6.53 MB · 10 downloads

Everything seems good with this test build so far. I added Movie, TV, and Music libraries on a database reset (was upgrading from 7.9.3 to 7.10.1 so reset was forced). I'll post back once I've added some episodes to confirm that the syncing between Emby and E4K is working with the Music library added.

Thanks!!!

kodi.log

Edited by DarWun
  • Thanks 1

838Joel
On 11/7/2022 at 5:58 AM, quickmic said:

Check the Emby server metadata manager if it's actually assigned.

I found out that the error is coming from imdb, so removed it in the list of scan....

Edited by 838Joel
  • Like 1

DarWun

Can confirm that syncing between Emby and E4K is working with the Music library added after updating to 7.10.1-build 15. Thanks again!!!

• Like 1

Mookdog
On 11/9/2022 at 11:04 AM, quickmic said:

Hey @quickmic Just wanted to let u know 7.10.1-build 15 resolved my login issue

All is working great thus far

Thanks Brother for all your hard work

Mook

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, quickmic said:

7.10.2 ist verfügbar, aber noch nicht in öffentlichen Tests.

https://codeload.github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/zip/refs/tags/7.10.2

Kann bitte jemand einen Test (init sync) unter Windows und unter Android durchführen, bevor ich es hochlade und offiziell ankündige. Vielen Dank.

Installed it in an existing installation. I was told to log in again immediately, no wizard to guide me through, just a popup "add all libraries" which I cancelled as they were all already added. Will now reset the database and set everything up again. another log will follow.

kodi.log

• Thanks 1

quickmic
3 minutes ago, Seger said:

Installed it in an existing installation. I was told to log in again immediately, no wizard to guide me through, just a popup "add all libraries" which I cancelled as they were all already added. Will now reset the database and set everything up again. another log will follow.

kodi.log 140.11 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks, yes the login message is ok. I changed the way the Server login/wizard works. No need to worry. It's a one time only question. I'll post the changelog as soon I know the init/repair sync is working.

btw, log looks fine so far, also please try playing content.

Edited by quickmic

have reset the database, all worked cleanly. Then restarted and added all libraries, it does not start. this is the log. after a restart, the process is then started, this is currently running, the log follows shortly.kodi.log

• Like 1

quickmic
1 minute ago, Seger said:

have reset the database, all worked cleanly. Then restarted and added all libraries, it does not start. this is the log. after a restart, the process is then started, this is currently running, the log follows shortly.kodi.log

Ok, I see a small issue, should be fine after restart.

so, the libraries are added, that all worked. The start of individual episodes or films starts, but is a little delayed (not always).

Edit log 

kodi.log

Edited by Seger
  • Thanks 1

quickmic
10 minutes ago, Seger said:

it always syncs something after a restart, although there should be nothing new.

kodi.log 105.48 kB · 0 downloads

Yes, that's fine. Actually the progress bar is new, but the plugin does it always on Kodi start (even on all other old version). Only the users are informed about that now.

It queries Emby server IF there are data available to sync. Maybe I should relabel it, it's a check not an actual sync at this time.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

I checked all logs, they looks absolutely perfect beside the one after reset. As mentioned a minor issue, nothing to worry. The database was already wiped and one worker tried to query data. I'll fix it in next version, but not a showstopper. Database scheme will be verified on each plugin start.

Edited by quickmic

das meine ich was bei jedem Neustart einmal durchläuft:

videoget_next_episodes10472

Für mich sieht es so aus, als ob es diese als die nächsten Folgen überprüft. Können Sie nicht verhindern, dass es angezeigt wird?

Danke, wie immer sehr gute Arbeit!

kodi.log

Edited by Seger