embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

8 hours ago, quickmic said:

Embuary Helper 

Übrigens, auch die "script.skinshortcuts " sind in dieser Angelegenheit verwandt. Bitte aktivieren Sie auch die Protokollierung für script.skinshortcuts, falls eine Option verfügbar ist.

I looked up the script and saw in Embuary that it is completely disabled by option. It has always been set like this in the skin and cannot be activated. I'm sure it's to make sure that the Embuary Helper works alone without skinshortcuts.

• Like 1

HansWurst
36 minutes ago, quickmic said:

(...)

btw, I stop here explaining, unless you give EXACT information of your Emby server homevideo folder structure, what kind of Emby library type you are using for them, how you access the homevideos on Kodi, how you access your pictures on Kodi, how the metadata looks like on Emby server and so on.

(...)

Thanks for your reply. 🙂

I have to different libraries for home video and pictures. Both are are "Homevideo and pictures".

Folder-structure of pictures:

Pictures\year\month\....001.jpg, ....002.jpg ans so on. For the reason of right management every year-folder is embedded as an own folder in the picture-library in kodi which means a folder 1980, a folder 1981, and so on.

I have at last 48 years with up to 12 sub-folders for the month.

Folder-structure of home videos:

It is the same as the structure of pictures. Every year is embedded as an own folder in the home video library.

Additonaly I modificated meta-data in Kodi with sort titles and created collections for home media. There is a collection for every year, for example for 2015, all movies from this year are assigned to the collections, when opening the home video node in emby itself I see all the collections, not the movies.

The sort title works in emby as well, means a film named Z.... is showed above A.... because its sort title is 001, while the sort title of A is 003.

quickmic
5 minutes ago, HansWurst said:

Thanks for your reply. 🙂

I have to different libraries for home video and pictures. Both are are "Homevideo and pictures".

Folder-structure of pictures:

Pictures\year\month\....001.jpg, ....002.jpg ans so on. For the reason of right management every year-folder is embedded as an own folder in the picture-library in kodi which means a folder 1980, a folder 1981, and so on.

I have at last 48 years with up to 12 sub-folders for the month.

ok, then let's start with that. What is the problem here.

btw, I'll perform a test with you folder structure for review.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
28 minutes ago, quickmic said:

ok, then let's start with that. What is the problem here.

btw, I'll perform a test with you folder structure for review.

I just performed a test. folder view looks perfect, Emby server detect the Photoalbums as your Month folder. You need to reorganize them so Emby server detects them "correctly" or stick to it and just use folder view.

Anyway, not plugins responsibility here, Emby server is in charge.

Let me know if there is a bug.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

quickmic
48 minutes ago, HansWurst said:

Additonaly I modificated meta-data in Kodi with sort titles and created collections for home media.

In Kodi? Don't do that. Emby server keeps the metadata, not Kodi. Assign your modification on Emby server.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

HansWurst
29 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I just performed a test. folder view looks perfect, Emby server detect the Photoalbums as your Month folder. You need to reorganize them so Emby server detects them "correctly" or stick to it and just use folder view.

Anyway, not plugins responsibility here, Emby server is in charge.

Let me know if there is a bug.

OK, that's why I tried to choose "folder" in the plugin. But after choosing it, emby-next-gen "gets" the folder structure for hours and hours without a result.

15 minutes ago, quickmic said:

In Kodi? Don't do that. Emby server keeps the metadata, not Kodi. Assign your modification on Emby server.

Sorry, my mistake. Of course I meant I changed meta data in emby server. But in Kodi the media is sorted by title, not by sort title. No option to change this (collections are not available as you reported).

An alternative could be folder view, so I could navigate to the year-folders, but same problem when trying to use it like above. The plugin searches without result (gets stuck).

quickmic
2 minutes ago, HansWurst said:

OK, that's why I tried to choose "folder" in the plugin. But after choosing it, emby-next-gen "gets" the folder structure for hours and hours without a result.

ok, I need a Kodi.log for review.

collections are not available as you reported

I didn't say that. Collections/Boxsets are supported. I'll test it once again...

• Thanks 1

quickmic
29 minutes ago, HansWurst said:

Well, I can choose "Sammlungen" (Box Sets) in the node, but it is empty for home video.

That's a bug, I'll fix it in next version. Actually it is working for "regular" content but you added a folder into a collection not a video or movie etc.

I never thought about that somebody doing this. But technically yes, it is possible on Emby server so I'll add support for that in next-gen plugin as well.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
On 11/1/2022 at 2:31 AM, Mookdog said:

Hey @quickmic

I did a fresh install with version 7.9.4 and it wouldnt let me login to my local server with my username and password. I tried it with 7.9.3 and I could. So I just updated to 7.9.4 after being logged in with 7.9.3

Mook

I really need a kodi.log for that. What you reported could be a showstopper, please provide me some info.

Mookdog
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

I really need a kodi.log for that. What you reported could be a showstopper, please provide me some info.

I wouldnt have a log for it anymore bc I reverted back to the older version then upgraded to the latest and it worked. I will have to try and do it on a fresh kodi install give me a bit I will try it and get back to u

Mook

Mookdog
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

Ok I attached a log and a pic of the dilemma lol

Mook

Mooks Emby Paradise_20221104_204051.png

kodi.log

• Thanks 1

quickmic
7 hours ago, Mookdog said:

Ok I attached a log and a pic of the dilemma lol

Mook

Mooks Emby Paradise_20221104_204051.png

kodi.log 92 kB · 1 download

Sorry to bother you again. I still cannot trigger the issue on my setup, so I need you help please.

Could you repeat the login in debug mode and send me the kodi.log via PM. Any special characters in your password?

I found one minor http-header issue. Doesn't affect my Emby server, but maybe yours. I'll fix it in next version, please keep me updated.

btw:

I'm curious, what's "plugin.program.embywizard"? Never heard about that plugin

Edited by quickmic

Mookdog
8 hours ago, quickmic said:

Sorry to bother you again. I still cannot trigger the issue on my setup, so I need you help please.

Could you repeat the login in debug mode and send me the kodi.log via PM. Any special characters in your password?

I found one minor http-header issue. Doesn't affect my Emby server, but maybe yours. I'll fix it in next version, please keep me updated.

btw:

I'm curious, what's "plugin.program.embywizard"? Never heard about that plugin

Its a wizard I created to add my build to kodi. Its just openwizard rebranded

Mook

• Like 1

hey :-), I just noticed something again, maybe it helps on that point:

"Next-gen must clear the next_episodes widget cache, before embuary helper reloads them. I'm looking for exactly those timing issues."

Quite strange, because I have included the next episode via a costum entry (database node next episode). You can find this entry 2x. Once on the front page and then again under series. But both are the same node. However, as you can see in the pictures, it has also jumped to S04E01 under Series after ending via "x", but on the overview page the same node has not jumped to the next episode and is on the episode you are currently watching. Only after manually updating the skin does the widget update (but as I said, it's the same widget). I have added the log again. Maybe it will help you to recognise the error.

2.PNG.f04d077c88fd1497913a65aef3bab01b.PNG

1.PNG.cea401e1c1f39a91ab1356ee42b17ed0.PNG

kodi.log

Edited by Seger

838Joel

Quick question here, I have a TV-Show series that show all the incremental years for the seasons 1 to 10, but season 11 should be 2021 but for some reason it show 2011...

I check the nfo files and all places I could think of, but all seems normal! Any idea why it still show 2011 and what should I check/change to make it 2021 has it should be?

Here is a picture of the display seasons of the show... Thanks for any help and ideas of why this happened!

PXL_20221105_230621034.jpg

quickmic
On 11/6/2022 at 3:08 AM, 838Joel said:

Quick question here, I have a TV-Show series that show all the incremental years for the seasons 1 to 10, but season 11 should be 2021 but for some reason it show 2011...

I check the nfo files and all places I could think of, but all seems normal! Any idea why it still show 2011 and what should I check/change to make it 2021 has it should be?

Here is a picture of the display seasons of the show... Thanks for any help and ideas of why this happened!

PXL_20221105_230621034.jpg

Check the Emby server metadata manager if it's actually assigned.

nuentes

I had installed 7.9.1 as a test the other day, and it wouldn't sync. One of my libraries continued to fail to sync, and it was my STRM folder. I saw 7.9.4 had a fix for STRM files specifically, so I installed that, and now that library successfully synced. However, whenever I try to play one of the STRM files, it fails outright. I believe the error message is "Video is Unavailable". These are STRM files that play in the Youtube extension. I've confirmed the Youtube extension hasn't updated, and I can play youtube videos perfectly fine still in other scenarios. Can you check this out?

quickmic
1 minute ago, nuentes said:

I had installed 7.9.1 as a test the other day, and it wouldn't sync. One of my libraries continued to fail to sync, and it was my STRM folder. I saw 7.9.4 had a fix for STRM files specifically, so I installed that, and now that library successfully synced. However, whenever I try to play one of the STRM files, it fails outright. I believe the error message is "Video is Unavailable". These are STRM files that play in the Youtube extension. I've confirmed the Youtube extension hasn't updated, and I can play youtube videos perfectly fine still in other scenarios. Can you check this out?

I need a strm file (the content link inside the file) for a test.

nuentes
6 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I need a strm file (the content link inside the file) for a test.

Filename: 2022-11-06 I Made The Spiciest Meal Ever.strm
Content: plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=e7erf3r9Uw8

Edited by nuentes
  • Like 1

quickmic
2 hours ago, nuentes said:

Filename: 2022-11-06 I Made The Spiciest Meal Ever.strm
Content: plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=e7erf3r9Uw8

Content seems not available as youtube plugin reports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7erf3r9uw8

To all users:

Please debug "special" use cases yourself before reporting here a next gen issue, thanks.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
3 minutes ago, nuentes said:

That's because you have the wrong URL there. Youtube URLs are case sensitive. The U is lowercase, rather than uppercase. My url is correct.

Ok, I take it back 🥴 It's a next-gen plugin issue sync issue. I converts everything to lower case.

2022-11-07 17:10:23.776 T:6192    ERROR <general>: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=e7erf3r9uw8]

Ill add a fix in next version.

nuentes
13 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Ok, I take it back 🥴 It's a next-gen plugin issue sync issue. I converts everything to lower case.

2022-11-07 17:10:23.776 T:6192    ERROR <general>: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=e7erf3r9uw8]

Ill add a fix in next version.

Much appreciated!

quickmic

New version available 7.10.0:

Delta changelog:

small playback improvement in addon mode for multicontent and transcoding
improve cinemamode in addon mode
unify actors/artists for each libraries
fix dynamic nodes status update
fix chapter marker image overlay for intros
add collection support for homevideos and musicvideos
fix tv tunes
add option to sync themes locally (tv tunes)
fix xml issues
fix boxsets for dynamic nodes when folders are assigned
image enhancement toggle -> reset artwork
change default setting for sync while playback to enabled
change to sync while playback
Rewrite Emby login code, fixing issues and remove duplicate http queries. Also fix emby connect and support dynamic IPs. Assign user picture as login icons.
fix strm plugin issue

Comment:

Mandatory database reset required.
Also it's recommended to remove existing artworks.

Let me know if there are any login issues. The part of code got major changes.

Don't use this version, it has a chapter image sync bug!

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1