embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

-change default setting for sync while playback to enabled
-change to sync while playback

Once asked, we activate it again because you also fixed the progress bar? You recommended it the other way around a few days ago and it wasn't explicitly mentioned in the changelog.

Thanks as always for the great update!

quickmic
6 minutes ago, Seger said:

-change default setting for sync while playback to enabled
-change to sync while playback

Once asked, we activate it again because you also fixed the progress bar? You recommended it the other way around a few days ago and it wasn't explicitly mentioned in the changelog.

Thanks as always for the great update!

Actually, I set sync while playback cause most boxes have enough power to handle it. Let me know if. you have progress bar issues. With my skin no issues, but this could be differ and also depends on the update/sync case.

My machine is actually strong enough, you gave the hint because it was still experimental, but maybe I'm getting something mixed up. I will test it.

But look, when I synchronise again, it doesn't go any further. Resetting worked. Only the new sync hangs at the moment. 

kodi.log

Update: That's what you said, and that's another function.:"You enabled "use playback resume position from Emby server". This function is very experimental and is most likely the issue. Please disable it and continue your tests" 

Edited by Seger

nuentes

As directed, I'm doing a db reset, but it keeps freezing at the exact same spot. I've tried 3 times now, and same result. Based on the episode name that Emby reports is syncing, I can find the line pretty easily. Here are a couple of logs:

This one on line 37619: https://gist.github.com/nuentes/e9602333c37550fd647dc0c1ecc54ef6

This one on line 16182: https://gist.github.com/nuentes/4d2a77686797e4158b6dc00aa84f0060

There is absolutely nothing special I know of about the episode where it continues to freeze. I'm going to revert to 7.9.4...

quickmic
18 minutes ago, Seger said:

Update: That's what you said, and that's another function.:"You enabled "use playback resume position from Emby server". This function is very experimental and is most likely the issue. Please disable it and continue your tests" 

I'm confused. Yes, don't enable it and you shouldn't still use it. I'm thinking about removing this option, cause it's not very reliable.

The change log mentioned: "change to sync while playback" and that's a complete different option.

About the reported sync issue. Yes I see the problem, I'll investigate. It's about chapter sync (skip intro related). However, this is a bug in the code but it must be triggered by your content. Something must be different or broken.

I'll fix it in next version.

The content is an episode called: Process item: ‚Melrose 2009‘  Is this a valid episode?

quickmic
9 minutes ago, nuentes said:

As directed, I'm doing a db reset, but it keeps freezing at the exact same spot. I've tried 3 times now, and same result. Based on the episode name that Emby reports is syncing, I can find the line pretty easily. Here are a couple of logs:

This one on line 37619: https://gist.github.com/nuentes/e9602333c37550fd647dc0c1ecc54ef6

This one on line 16182: https://gist.github.com/nuentes/4d2a77686797e4158b6dc00aa84f0060

There is absolutely nothing special I know of about the episode where it continues to freeze. I'm going to revert to 7.9.4...

That's the same issue as Seger reported.

Very strange, I'll check.

nuentes
Just now, quickmic said:

That's the same issue as Seger reported.

Very strange, I'll check.

Reverting has been problematic as well. Emby For Kodi just reports there is an error immediately. I've disabled/re-enabled a few times. When I try to select a local DB reset, nothing happens. Looks like I'm restoring from a backup.

1 minute ago, quickmic said:

Das ist das gleiche Problem, von dem Seger berichtet hat.

Sehr seltsam, werde ich überprüfen.

Yes is an episode, look does it have something to do with special characters maybe?

image.png.6747cf70327772927510e58aca965c18.png

17 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Bitte versuchen Sie diese Debug-Version. Das Problem wird einfach ignoriert, aber bitte senden Sie mir das Protokoll nach der Synchronisierung zur Überprüfung.

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-7.10.1-build 4 debug.zip 6,53 MB · 0 Downloads

As you said, it is ignored and runs through, as promised the log.

kodi.log

• Thanks 1

quickmic

Thanks for the log, I see the issue. Will be fixed in next version. For the moment, you can keep using the debug version. It's a chapter image sync problem. Actually for some chapters, have no images are assigned and that's the problem.

• Thanks 1

nuentes
1 minute ago, quickmic said:

Thanks for the log, I see the issue. Will be fixed in next version. For the moment, you can keep using the debug version. It's a chapter image sync problem. Actually for some chapters, have no images are assigned and that's the problem.

I'm currently rebuilding my db with the debug version. I'm guessing you don't need my logfile as well?

• Thanks 1

quickmic
Just now, nuentes said:

I'm currently rebuilding my db with the debug version. I'm guessing you don't need my logfile as well?

no, need thanks.

I also removed the version info on the first link. This issue could affect many people.

To all user, don't use the "regular" 7.10.0 version yet.

I'll release a new version soon. The debug version should be save but does not address the actual issue.

Maybe one more piece of information, if you follow the wizard, which worked really well, it resets the addon to default, which leads to a re-sync for some settings if you had previously enabled the "enable advanced artwork" option. Since it is deactivated in the default and you only notice it after the first sync.

Furthermore, when I reset, my skins links/nodes (I don't know) were removed, I have to reset all menus, was that intended?

oh and then look again at the first page in the forum, probably happened at the speed you update things, it's not a link to the last version like always 😉

quickmic
1 minute ago, Seger said:

Maybe one more piece of information, if you follow the wizard, which worked really well, it resets the addon to default, which leads to a re-sync for some settings if you had previously enabled the "enable advanced artwork" option. Since it is deactivated in the default and you only notice it after the first sync.

Yes I know that problem. Currently I have no good solution. I don't wanna bother people with additional questions in the wizard. I'm already not happy with the addon/native question. The wizard should be simple and actually NO question should be asked.

At least you can toggle the "enable advanced artwork" without a complete resync, but the artwork will be automatically deleted in the new version.

quickmic
5 minutes ago, Seger said:

oh and then look again at the first page in the forum, probably happened at the speed you update things, it's not a link to the last version like always 😉

I removed it due to the chapter image issue. This could affect a lot of people. 7.9.4 link is fixed

Edited by quickmic
  • Agree 1

quickmic
9 minutes ago, Seger said:

Furthermore, when I reset, my skins links/nodes (I don't know) were removed, I have to reset all menus, was that intended?

The next-gen reset, removes all custom nodes. Are you talking about that?

8 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Yes I know that problem. Currently I have no good solution. I don't wanna bother people with additional questions in the wizard. I'm already not happy with the addon/native question. The wizard should be simple and actually NO question should be asked.

At least you can toggle the "enable advanced artwork" without a complete resync, but the artwork will be automatically deleted in the new version.

Without further questions, I don't have a solution either. That means according to the standard procedure (wizard) you have to activate the option if necessary and for people with large libraries then cache the fanarts and activate the option "Optimise cache". Without caching, unfortunately, this won't work for large libraries. Since we're on the subject of the settings fields, I just saw for the first time that you can also make a backup there, which might have helped me now, but I always get the error message that the path is not set.

4 minutes ago, quickmic said:

The next-gen reset, removes all custom nodes. Are you talking about that?

yes exactly, some custom nodes from the submenus, e.g. links to playlists.

DarWun

@quickmicI just updated to E4K 7.10.1 from 7.9.3. I started playing an episode that I had partially watched on the previous build, and the Emby dashboard showed that it was transcoding and that playback had recovered from an error. When using 7.9.3, the episode direct streamed without an issue. I rolled back to E4K 7.9.3 and the issue was resolved. Log from playback using 7.10.1 attached.

kodi 7_10_1.log

DarWun

Well, that was short lived. When I restarted the server after rolling back to E4K 7.9.3, E4K failed to run when Kodi started. I went through the usual steps of deleting the library db files after uninstalling E4K and then reinstalling E4K, which in the past has resolved these types of issues. Unfortunately, no luck this time. I've attached the Kodi.log. Any suggestions on how to get things back on track would be greatly appreciated.

kodi.log

Edited by DarWun

DarWun
59 minutes ago, DarWun said:

Well, that was short lived. When I restarted the server after rolling back to E4K 7.9.3, E4K failed to run when Kodi started. I went through the usual steps of deleting the library db files after uninstalling E4K and then reinstalling E4K, which in the past has resolved these types of issues. Unfortunately, no luck this time. I've attached the Kodi.log. Any suggestions on how to get things back on track would be greatly appreciated.

kodi.log 48.89 kB · 0 downloads

Nevermind. Figured it out. I deleted the MyVideo and MyMusic db files, but couldn't remember if I was also supposed to delete the texture db files. Upon a vague recollection of having done so in the past, I deleted them as well. And lo and behold, after doing so I was able to get E4K to rescan the libraries. Everything seems to be back to normal. I really need to start writing this stuff down.

Edited by DarWun

838Joel
17 hours ago, quickmic said:

Check the Emby server metadata manager if it's actually assigned.

I'll doublecheck it then... I played around this but did not find anything, will check again and get back to you! thx

• Like 1

quickmic
4 hours ago, DarWun said:

@quickmicI just updated to E4K 7.10.1 from 7.9.3. I started playing an episode that I had partially watched on the previous build, and the Emby dashboard showed that it was transcoding and that playback had recovered from an error. When using 7.9.3, the episode direct streamed without an issue. I rolled back to E4K 7.9.3 and the issue was resolved. Log from playback using 7.10.1 attached.

kodi 7_10_1.log 11.56 MB · 2 downloads

On first sight this log shows no playback error, everything looks fine. Can you please perform a test on a PC with a new Kodi instance. Later, I'll review it again.

quickmic
3 hours ago, DarWun said:

Nevermind. Figured it out. I deleted the MyVideo and MyMusic db files, but couldn't remember if I was also supposed to delete the texture db files. Upon a vague recollection of having done so in the past, I deleted them as well. And lo and behold, after doing so I was able to get E4K to rescan the libraries. Everything seems to be back to normal. I really need to start writing this stuff down.

This log shows an unrelated issue to databases. A folder was not there:

No such file or directory: b'/storage/.kodi/userdata/library/video/'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--