embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

t123thomas
5 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I'm not sure if it's the really the windows firewall, just my first clue. Disable Windows firewall (temporary).

OK I will revert when I have done so

t123thomas
15 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I'm not sure if it's the really the windows firewall, just my first clue. Disable Windows firewall (temporary).

I turned off the internal firewall on the windows laptop rerun Kodi

here is the log

https://paste.kodi.tv/wayosixeti

RaptorCentauri

@quickmic, regarding the skip intro pop up, do you have any control over the appearance or location of that, or is it entirely skin dependent? Its showing up as a giant block in the middle of the screen versus showing discreetly in the bottom right like it would on most platforms. 

quickmic
7 hours ago, RaptorCentauri said:

@quickmic, regarding the skip intro pop up, do you have any control over the appearance or location of that, or is it entirely skin dependent? Its showing up as a giant block in the middle of the screen versus showing discreetly in the bottom right like it would on most platforms. 

Yes skin related and no control. I'm just just Kodi's API to insert the message.

It would be possible to create a custom designed msg box, but that's lot of work for a minor benefit. You could disable the "asking" option and always skip intros.

Pejamas
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Yes skin related and no control. I'm just just Kodi's API to insert the message.

It would be possible to create a custom designed msg box, but that's lot of work for a minor benefit. You could disable the "asking" option and always skip intros.

I wonder if there's an easy way to see how PlexKodiConnect manages it, when I used that addon with Plex/Kodi it appeared as a thin bar at the top of the screen (regardless of skin). Auto skip works perfectly fine though, but just a thought.

quickmic
22 hours ago, Pejamas said:

I wonder if there's an easy way to see how PlexKodiConnect manages it, when I used that addon with Plex/Kodi it appeared as a thin bar at the top of the screen (regardless of skin). Auto skip works perfectly fine though, but just a thought.

I'll have a look assuming they using a custom message (skin xml)

TeamB

I have a custom dialog that pops up in EmbyCon for SkipIntro, you could use that, it is very simple.

https://github.com/faush01/plugin.video.embycon/blob/develop/resources/skins/default/720p/SkipIntroDialog.xml

and the code

https://github.com/faush01/plugin.video.embycon/blob/d1f144d481ac930e91479a024493aebddec429b9/resources/lib/skip_intro_dialog.py#L15

it just uses a thread that is created when an episode starts playback and there are skip intro start end chapters, it monitors the playback and pops up the dialog when needed.

Edited by TeamB
  • Like 2

quickmic
2 hours ago, TeamB said:

I have a custom dialog that pope up in EmbyCon for SkipIntro, you could use that, it is very simple.

https://github.com/faush01/plugin.video.embycon/blob/develop/resources/skins/default/720p/SkipIntroDialog.xml

and the code

https://github.com/faush01/plugin.video.embycon/blob/d1f144d481ac930e91479a024493aebddec429b9/resources/lib/skip_intro_dialog.py#L15

it just uses a thread that is created when an episode starts playback and there are skip intro start end chapters, it monitors the playback and pops up the dialog when needed.

Thanks, may I "copy/paste" it?

Edited by quickmic

TeamB
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

Thanks, may I "copy/paste" it?

yeah, its open source, use it as you like. I am assuming the Emby addon is still open?

• Thanks 1

quickmic
7 minutes ago, TeamB said:

yeah, its open source, use it as you like. I am assuming the Emby addon is still open?

yep

• Like 1

quickmic
On 7/28/2022 at 7:36 AM, Pejamas said:

Will be added in next version.

Special thanks to @TeamB for the templates!

• Like 1

quickmic

New version available 7.7.0:

delta changelog:

add additional database index for music (faster music database queries)
add artwork cache disc space verification
add support for chapter images with text overlay for artwork cache
fix (regular) boxset refresh option
add support for realtime boxset updates
catch invalid databases issue -> trigger database master reset -> this should never appear -> edge case
add detection for corrupted setting file
fix next up episodes (now exactly identical view like on Emby server's "next up") and improve node performance

Comment:
Database reset is mandatory, due to boxset fixes

• Like 2

embyL0VER

Nice new Features, will try and test. 

Have a question, will this "add artwork cache disc space verification" work with path substitution? Asking because I push my hole thumbnail folder on my NAS not using local storage of my fire device.

• Like 1

quickmic
18 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

Nice new Features, will try and test. 

Have a question, will this "add artwork cache disc space verification" work with path substitution? Asking because I push my hole thumbnail folder on my NAS not using local storage of my fire device.

Artwork is always handled by the plugin via http requests (even in native mode).

The "artwork caching feature" downloads selected artwork content to your Kodi box (also independent from native or addon mode).

The verification, just checking your Kodi's available space and interrupts if you are running low.

Reason:

Kodi's artwork cache works with "hashes" as filenames and not with actual/native (filenames).

So not possible to force Kodi using the actual files, it will always use a local copy... Bit hard to explain. Anyway, artwork cache will copy alle the artworf files to Kodi's local "hdd".

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

btw, if you are running low on space, you could link Kodi's thumbnail folder to your Nas.

Also Kodi ALWAYS caches artwork "locally" on demand. Only difference, the artwork cache option caches all content even not demanded -> pre-cache

embyL0VER

Ähm quickmic I'm linking my thumb folder to my NAS that ist what path substitution did. I Just want to ask If your disk space check will check my nas storage if i do so and NOT the local storage from for example my fire device.

Edited by embyL0VER
  • Like 1

quickmic
5 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

Ähm quickmic I'm linking my thumb folder to my NAS that ist what path substitution did. I Just want to ask If your disk space check will check my nas storage of i do so and NOT the local storage from for example my fire device. Cause I used my NAS storage 

Ups, I thought you meant Emby's server artwork folder not Kodi's. Yes this should work, I tested with an NFS share.

Edit:

It checks the free space on the mounted thumbnail folder location.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

jaybird2203

Loaded up 7.7.0 to my windows 10 install on my NUC. Cache all artwork appears to be broken. PM'd log with a number of errors. 

• Like 1

quickmic
4 hours ago, jaybird2203 said:

Loaded up 7.7.0 to my windows 10 install on my NUC. Cache all artwork appears to be broken. PM'd log with a number of errors. 

Thanks, It's a Windows specific issue. I'll fix it in next version

monkeylove

Hello. I'm currently using EmbyforKodi 6.2.20 with Kodi 19.4 and Emby server 4.7.6.0 for Windows, which I believe are the latest, stable releases for these software.

I "heart" some TV shows in Windows, and they show up in Emby: Favorite Shows in Kodi. Later, I "unheart" a few shows, and they disappear from the favorites list, but they still show up in Emby: Favorite Shows in Kodi. AFAIK, the addon is working correctly as newly added movies show up. I tried updating the whole library but some of the "unhearted" shows are still there.

Has anyone been experiencing similar issues?

• Like 1

quickmic
2 minutes ago, monkeylove said:

Hello. I'm currently using EmbyforKodi 6.2.20 with Kodi 19.4 and Emby server 4.7.6.0 for Windows, which I believe are the latest, stable releases for these software.

I "heart" some TV shows in Windows, and they show up in Emby: Favorite Shows in Kodi. Later, I "unheart" a few shows, and they disappear from the favorites list, but they still show up in Emby: Favorite Shows in Kodi. AFAIK, the addon is working correctly as newly added movies show up. I tried updating the whole library but some of the "unhearted" shows are still there.

Has anyone been experiencing similar issues?

Well, this is the 7.x support thread, but I can check it. For clarification, you are using the Favorites nodes from the plugin not the native ones from Kodi, right?

Kodi (native) Favorites are not matching by design.

quickmic
55 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Well, this is the 7.x support thread, but I can check it. For clarification, you are using the Favorites nodes from the plugin not the native ones from Kodi, right?

Found the bug, will be fixed in next 7.x version.

quickmic

New version available 7.7.1:

delta changelog:

Add Channels support for dynamic nodes (Mediathek etc.)
disable hdd space verification for Windows
fix Favorites
some minor fixes
additional translations

monkeylove
5 hours ago, quickmic said:

Yes, it's the node "EMBY: Favorite Shows" in the video section of Kodi. I'm using the default skin and the default mode for the Emby addon. Thanks for the help.

Also, I'll make a backup of the setting and see if I can experiment with version 7.

• Like 1