embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

heula

Two out three issues that I mentioned a few weeks ago here are solved but the issue with photos is not.

When I open my photos from emby in Kodi I see them all but I can't open them in full screen.

Only from the widget I get my photos full screen.

When I click play from here one time nothing happens and other times all photos go so fast you can't see them at all.

I have made a small video here of what happens, hope this helps solving it?

Using Aeon Nox Silvo in Kodi.

In Emby it works just fine.

Thanks

kodi.log kodi.old.log

• Like 1

quickmic
31 minutes ago, heula said:

Two out three issues that I mentioned a few weeks ago here are solved but the issue with photos is not.

When I open my photos from emby in Kodi I see them all but I can't open them in full screen.

Only from the widget I get my photos full screen.

When I click play from here one time nothing happens and other times all photos go so fast you can't see them at all.

I have made a small video here of what happens, hope this helps solving it?

Using Aeon Nox Silvo in Kodi.

In Emby it works just fine.

Thanks

kodi.log 418.84 kB · 1 download kodi.old.log 7.07 MB · 1 download

I'll have a look. "click play from" sounds weird. Seems the skin "thinks" it's video content. I assume you customized the skin with the plugin's (custom) nodes? If so, I assume you didn't choose "picture addons" when you integrated the picture nodes. Instead you choose "video addons" and selected the image nodes from there. Unfortunately, I cannot hide content based on selection. Maybe I find a workaround, but for the moment let's check if my assumption is correct.

Can you doublecheck the picture nodes please.

heula
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

I'll have a look. "click play from" sounds weird. Seems the skin "thinks" it's video content. I assume you customized the skin with the plugin's (custom) nodes? If so, I assume you didn't choose "picture addons" when you integrated the picture nodes. Instead you choose "video addons" and selected the image nodes from there. Unfortunately, I cannot hide content based on selection. Maybe I find a workaround, but for the moment let's check if my assumption is correct.

Can you doublecheck the picture nodes please.

I had chosen the nodes from Emby next gen images.

I can choose from dynamic nodes and synced nodes.

With synced nodes I only get movies in my images and with dynamic nodes I can choose all kind of things but I have chosen voor maps and in the submenu I have one for tags.

There is something weird going in with the nodes for Emby images.

When I go to apps and images addons I see next gen on the right side and I can click on it and it will open to see all the options. Only all the options are not clickable. Kind of the same thing as when I try to open the images themselves.

When I go to skinsettings to add a node to my setup I can open the options that are available from the next gen images node. But from there my images won’t open.

I hope I have explained it well enough for you? 
Thanks

quickmic
3 minutes ago, heula said:

I had chosen the nodes from Emby next gen images.

I can choose from dynamic nodes and synced nodes.

With synced nodes I only get movies in my images and with dynamic nodes I can choose all kind of things but I have chosen voor maps and in the submenu I have one for tags.

There is something weird going in with the nodes for Emby images.

When I go to apps and images addons I see next gen on the right side and I can click on it and it will open to see all the options. Only all the options are not clickable. Kind of the same thing as when I try to open the images themselves.

When I go to skinsettings to add a node to my setup I can open the options that are available from the next gen images node. But from there my images won’t open.

I hope I have explained it well enough for you? 
Thanks

I'll upload a video.

quickmic
1 minute ago, heula said:

This is exactly what I have done. I will check later if the same happens in the skin you used. Must be a skin related issue than I think.

Please let me know, if this fixes the issue. Otherwise I'll perform a test with Aeon Nox Silvo.

Usually the skins use more or less the same "skin helpers" so custom node integration is interchangeable from one skin to another (in theory).

heula
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

Please let me know, if this fixes the issue. Otherwise I'll perform a test with Aeon Nox Silvo.

Usually the skins use more or less the same "skin helpers" so custom node integration is interchangeable from one skin to another (in theory).

Okay, I've found the problem. I once assigned buttons to my remote via the keymap editor in Kodi, including buttons for pictures related to zoom in, zoom out and reset zoom. I had programmed the ok button as reset zoom and that worked just fine in Next Gen 6.2 for as far as I know, but apparently no longer with the arrival of Next Gen 7.

I have now reset those buttons to default and now everything works fine again.

Anyway, the zoom in and zoom out function doesn't work, even when I assign them to buttons. Turning does work with the OK button.

Is there a way to get the zoom to work? like in the advancedsettings.xml for example?

Thank you.

• Like 1

jaybird2203
17 hours ago, quickmic said:

New version available 7.7.1:

delta changelog:

Add Channels support for dynamic nodes (Mediathek etc.)
disable hdd space verification for Windows
fix Favorites
some minor fixes
additional translations

Spoke too soon, still encountering an issue with cache all artwork on Windows with 7.7.1. PM'd latest logs.

Edited by jaybird2203
  • Like 1

quickmic
1 hour ago, jaybird2203 said:

Spoke too soon, still encountering an issue with cache all artwork on Windows with 7.7.1. PM'd latest logs.

Thanks. I'll check that.

quickmic
7 hours ago, heula said:

Okay, I've found the problem. I once assigned buttons to my remote via the keymap editor in Kodi, including buttons for pictures related to zoom in, zoom out and reset zoom. I had programmed the ok button as reset zoom and that worked just fine in Next Gen 6.2 for as far as I know, but apparently no longer with the arrival of Next Gen 7.

Anyway, the zoom in and zoom out function doesn't work, even when I assign them to buttons. Turning does work with the OK button.

Is there a way to get the zoom to work? like in the advancedsettings.xml for example?

Thank you.

Can you post you advanced settings and probably the keymap. I never used zoom, I'll review this function.

quickmic
18 hours ago, heula said:

Thank you.

I tested zoom with regular "button commands" 0-9 no issue found. I haven't yet performed tests with advancedsettings.xml modifications.

heula
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

I tested zoom with regular "button commands" 0-9 no issue found. I haven't yet performed tests with advancedsettings.xml modifications.

Okay, I wasn’t aware that these buttons had that function.

I have tested them and works perfectly. 

Thanks

embyL0VER

Hi,

seems like actors from episodes don't get synced correctly. Some actors are doubled, some are missing in Kodi. In emby web all actors were shown like they should. If I look in the nfo files that emby generates, there were also all actors right and no one is doubled. Did a database repair with emby next gen but that doesn't solve the problems. Seems to be TV show episode specific, movie actors are fine.

quickmic
6 hours ago, embyL0VER said:

Hi,

seems like actors from episodes don't get synced correctly. Some actors are doubled, some are missing in Kodi. In emby web all actors were shown like they should. If I look in the nfo files that emby generates, there were also all actors right and no one is doubled. Did a database repair with emby next gen but that doesn't solve the problems. Seems to be TV show episode specific, movie actors are fine.

Are all episodes affected? Is there a pattern? My actors a fine, just checked a few sample episodes...

My assumption would be they are also doubled on Emby server, but you mentioned that's not the case.

Edited by quickmic

embyL0VER

Well, so far tested with following shows. (Seal team, s.w.a.t, f.b.i) Can't find a specific pattern. On f.b.i for example in season 1 Episode 1 there are over 20 actors shown in emby. But synced to KODi just about 10 but no doubles.

• Like 1

quickmic
4 hours ago, embyL0VER said:

Well, so far tested with following shows. (Seal team, s.w.a.t, f.b.i) Can't find a specific pattern. On f.b.i for example in season 1 Episode 1 there are over 20 actors shown in emby. But synced to KODi just about 10 but no doubles.

I can confirm, there is something wrong. I checked Seal time S01E03 (which I also have). Seems to be totally wrong (not matching Emby servers people). I'll review the code assume it uses (only) TVShows or Season people...

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
4 hours ago, embyL0VER said:

Confirmed, episode cast shows TVShow cast (from Emby). Maybe a limitation of Kodi or a bug in the plugin but no doubles.

Edited by quickmic

heula

Hi, I Searched for recently added episodes for favorite tv shows to add to a widget but did not find it.

Is it possible to add this option?

Thanks.

quickmic
3 minutes ago, heula said:

Hi, I Searched for recently added episodes for favorite tv shows to add to a widget but did not find it.

Is it possible to add this option?

Thanks.

Please elaborate. What did search? recently added episodes AND favorite tv shows?

Both nodes are available.

heula
2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Please elaborate. What did search? recently added episodes AND favorite tv shows?

Both nodes are available.

I know both are available but there is no such option as I make a seperate item with widget for favorite tv shows.

I can choose than for all kind of recently added options but not for recently added episodes that belong only to the favorite tv shows.

Hope this makes sense to you?

Thanks.

quickmic
2 minutes ago, heula said:

I know both are available but there is no such option as I make a seperate item with widget for favorite tv shows.

I can choose than for all kind of recently added options but not for recently added episodes that belong only to the favorite tv shows.

Hope this makes sense to you?

Thanks.

Oh, I think I know what you want.

You want the recently added ONLY for a favorite show.

No there is no node yet available. How do you expect the view?

heula
1 minute ago, quickmic said:

Oh, I think I know what you want.

You want the recently added ONLY for a favorite show.

No there is no node yet available. How do you expect the view?

Like the other recently added options that are available is fine with me.

Thanks.

quickmic
5 minutes ago, heula said:

Like the other recently added options that are available is fine with me.

Thanks.

Not possible, that's why I'm asking (or I didn't get it)

You want 2 filters. First gropued by Fav show, second recently added. Think about how widgets work...

I assume you don't want to modify all the time the skin widget config.

e.g. node would list all fav show, then you select recently. -> the widget would show exactly the recently of ONLY this fav show. Makes not really sense.

quickmic
5 hours ago, embyL0VER said:

Found the issue, will be fixed in next version. (not the doubles issue, cannot confirm that yet)