embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
4 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

Thx for the heads up on fubar episode file names... I'll explore but looks like junk files.

Regarding the other.... I think in my distant memory kinda remember a directory name being misspelled for an emby scan or two... we're talking Bun Notice instead of Burn Notice, but only at the directory level, the files I believe were correctly named. Don't remember if it was this series, or these seasons... but in case its helpful. 

I've had this setup in the past but it's no longer setup, sorry.

I can kill the db and do a fresh scan if that helps get a useful log? I'm still using the debug version to get past whatever stops the other... lmk if that's what you'd like.

Yes would help, but no need to rush. Whenever you have time.

LichenKing

@quickmic The 7.6.0 release lost total ISO playback. Error could not playback item from within Kodi.

Playback failed
One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message.

Edited by LichenKing
  • Like 1

quickmic
8 hours ago, LichenKing said:

@quickmic The 7.6.0 release lost total ISO playback. Error could not playback item from within Kodi.

Playback failed
One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message.

Log, which one? The old one or did you send me a new log I missed?

SwanStream

Here's a couple other similar issues found yesterday, db reset upcoming... wanted to capture these first. 6.x imported these fine, so it's a 7.x thing... nothing changed and nothing odd about any of these files (that I know of). These "Series - SxxExx" episodes are listed twice.

image.png.344b8cd556791313f1f867ef702c4748.png

image.png.1b2fabce62a48d10d61b0bf3d8b4d3bc.png

quickmic
5 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

Here's a couple other similar issues found yesterday, db reset upcoming... wanted to capture these first. 6.x imported these fine, so it's a 7.x thing... nothing changed and nothing odd about any of these files (that I know of). These "Series - SxxExx" episodes are listed twice.

image.png.344b8cd556791313f1f867ef702c4748.png

image.png.1b2fabce62a48d10d61b0bf3d8b4d3bc.png

Please take a backup of the current db files (in case needed for review).

quickmic
2 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

log pm sent... too late on the db backup, but same issues after this fresh reset.

Thanks, log doesn't report and issues for "Handcrafted America - S01E10" beside it shouldn't report that name if the episode was detected by emby server.

Can you please send me a screenshot of Emby's  metadata manager for e.g. "Handcrafted America - S01E10"

I need to know, what episode and season number is assigned on Emby server.

quickmic
17 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

Handcrafted - S01E10 - meta.png

Thanks, actually this raises more questions. Very very strange, cause it looks absolutely perfect on Emby server.

The episode looks be added on Emby server twice. Could this be the case?

I see in your log:

2022-07-18 08:17:51.301 T:636      INFO <general>: EMBY.core.tvshows: ADD episode [1248/1224/41996/209976] 1058860: Millinery, Longbows and Surfboards

correct

and

2022-07-18 08:15:25.570 T:636      INFO <general>: EMBY.core.tvshows: ADD episode [1248/1224/29320/146596] 1058864: Handcrafted America - S01E10

not detected by Emby server

I can design a testcase to check what's happening in such a case.

Edited by quickmic

SwanStream
5 minutes ago, quickmic said:

The episode looks be added on Emby server twice. Could this be the case?

It's only listed in Metadata manager the once. When I go to Emby user screen it shows only once, when I try to play (in emby) it's not asking which version... so idonno. I'm looking for it in the alpha sort, not some character search, so if it's under "q" I'd never know.

The file has never been messed with or replaced since first placed there.

And of coarse in v 6.x it lists out properly... at least it before I up'd to 7.x

quickmic
8 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

It's only listed in Metadata manager the once. When I go to Emby user screen it shows only once, when I try to play (in emby) it's not asking which version... so idonno. I'm looking for it in the alpha sort, not some character search, so if it's under "q" I'd never know.

The file has never been messed with or replaced since first placed there.

And of coarse in v 6.x it lists out properly... at least it before I up'd to 7.x

you could try to detect the episode by its ID.

When you browse a in Emby webUI you see the URL e.g

http://192.168.0.207/web/index.html#!/item?id=34867&serverId=2a38697ffc1b428b943aa1b6014e2263

you can manipulate the ID

Try:

http://your IP/web/index.html#!/item?id=1058860&serverId=Yourserverid

that's the valid one and

http://your IP/web/index.html#!/item?id=1058864&serverId=Yourserverid

the other

IMPORTANT: Use new browser tabs, otherwise it will update the Ids

Edited by quickmic

SwanStream

Yup, I can get both URL's on the screen.

working one:\\xxx\tv_1\Handcrafted America\Season 1\Handcrafted America - S01E10.mkv
MKV396.5 MBAdded 5/25/2021 8:58 AM - screen above...

non-working one: \\xxx\tv_1\Handcrafted America\Season 1\Handcrafted America - S01E10.mkv
MKVAdded 5/25/2021 8:58 AM

image.png.75f52bd6dbb07d048c8784e92d8e6071.png

quickmic
4 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

Yup, I can get both URL's on the screen.

working one:\\xxx\tv_1\Handcrafted America\Season 1\Handcrafted America - S01E10.mkv
MKV396.5 MBAdded 5/25/2021 8:58 AM - screen above...

non-working one: \\xxx\tv_1\Handcrafted America\Season 1\Handcrafted America - S01E10.mkv
MKVAdded 5/25/2021 8:58 AM

image.png.75f52bd6dbb07d048c8784e92d8e6071.png

Ok, thanks. So actually this is a content/Emby server issue but I'll try to cover this case. Cannot promise if a proper workaround is possible, I try my best.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

Currently not sure, how I could provoke Emby doing the same on my Emby test server. Do you have any idea how this happen? The paths looks identical.

is the "xxx" in the path  different?

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
7 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Currently not sure, how I could provoke Emby doing the same on my Emby test server. Do you have any idea how this happen? The paths looks identical.

Also please check, if Emby server really doesn't detect both version as multiversion. That would explain a lot.

1.png

2.png

SwanStream
24 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Nope, same exact file reference. Check the date/time you'll see they are added at the same "moment"... so not a ghost file either.

It does not show Versions. However, when I play the one with bad season/episode info I get this error (in emby) "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details."

The other plays fine (in emby)

Edited by SwanStream
  • Like 1

quickmic
3 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

Nope, same exact file reference. Check the date/time you'll see they are added at the same "moment"... so not a ghost file either.

It does not show Versions. However, when I play the one with bad season/episode info I get this error (in emby) "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details."

The other plays fine (in emby)

hmm, currently I've no idea how to design a test case or detect the invalid episode 🙄

SwanStream
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Ok, thanks. So actually this is a content/Emby server issue but I'll try to cover this case. Cannot promise if a proper workaround is possible, I try my best.

The "good" reference has media info. The "bad" one doesn't. see below, this may help "filter".

Also has file size... that seems 'testable'

bad.png

good.png

Edited by SwanStream

quickmic
13 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

The "good" reference has media info. The "bad" one doesn't. see below, this may help "filter".

Also has file size... that seems 'testable'

bad.png

good.png

Yep, that's probably something i could detect. 👍 I'll try this approach in next version. On the other hand, the invalid version should also report no assigned season which would be already detected but not the case.

I'll send you a debug version with additional log info (tomorrow) and also the workaround.

SwanStream

Well clearly a db snafu on the Emby side. No idea how to resolve that. Guess I'll have to get in touch with those guys at some point when I can figure out how to describe the problem.... LMK if there's anything I can provide to help screw up your project! 😜

smernt

Hey, I’ve just updated to this version to test it out, seems to work great, however I have noticed that episode thumbnails don’t seem to be showing now, just the same landscape poster for every episode. I’ve not changed any other setting in Kodi. Is there a change to this version which effects that somehow?

• Like 1

quickmic
3 minutes ago, smernt said:

Hey, I’ve just updated to this version to test it out, seems to work great, however I have noticed that episode thumbnails don’t seem to be showing now, just the same landscape poster for every episode. I’ve not changed any other setting in Kodi. Is there a change to this version which effects that somehow?

There are multiple changes also related to artwork. Please upload a screenshot and let me know which skin you use.

Also you could delete all Thumbnails from Kodi user folder.

Edited by quickmic

smernt
43 minutes ago, quickmic said:

There are multiple changes also related to artwork. Please upload a screenshot and let me know which skin you use.

Also you could delete all Thumbnails from Kodi user folder.

Sure I’m using the Arctic Horizon Skin. I’ve just removed the thumbnail db & thumbnail folder, but it just loads back the same way. See attached image.

4C9216F3-69A6-4C8F-8060-D8E7B68DCD7A.jpeg

quickmic
7 minutes ago, smernt said:

Sure I’m using the Arctic Horizon Skin. I’ve just removed the thumbnail db & thumbnail folder, but it just loads back the same way. See attached image.

4C9216F3-69A6-4C8F-8060-D8E7B68DCD7A.jpeg

sounds exactly like this issue but this was fixed.

I can re review it, but it would help if you know what the skin is actually showing. I mean the exact "Kodi" image type.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

@smernt

I tested again with Arctic horizon 2. No issues found, but you must probably remove all cached artwork and reset your database after the fix was added.

Let me know if this fixes the issue.

Edited by quickmic