embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
2 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

In checking the files... the one before, the one, and the one after I'm using MediaArea.net's MediaInfo app and it shows width, height, aspect ratio for all three... The one it's stopping on is a fraction larger than the other two files, so maybe it's somehow bunk but it plays fine in vlc and mkvtooknix doesn't seem to have a problem remuxing any of those files... hmmm.

Just an FYI, I'll remove the whole season and rescan emby followed by kodi.

I assume it's the one after. Unfortunately, the plugin currently just logs the last valid content item (I'll adapt that for better debugging in next version).

Not sure if removing the whole season fixes the issue. The episode sync is (more or less) alphabetically.

I can send you a debug version... Give me a few minutes...

quickmic
19 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

In checking the files... the one before, the one, and the one after I'm using MediaArea.net's MediaInfo app and it shows width, height, aspect ratio for all three... The one it's stopping on is a fraction larger than the other two files, so maybe it's somehow bunk but it plays fine in vlc and mkvtooknix doesn't seem to have a problem remuxing any of those files... hmmm.

Just an FYI, I'll remove the whole season and rescan emby followed by kodi.

PM with debug version is out.

SwanStream

ohhhh... you mean the whole library alpha by episode, i.e. Title - episode name... 

If only my files were named that way! I'm of the Title - Season ##Episode##, in this case - Rude Awakening - S02E20.mkv (ironic title btw) 

I've got the debug version, disabled the 7.x, deleted the tv.db, installed the debug, and am letting it run now. Do you want media info of the reported file?, the log, etc to help on your end.

quickmic
1 minute ago, SwanStream said:

ohhhh... you mean the whole library alpha by episode, i.e. Title - episode name... 

If only my files were named that way! I'm of the Title - Season ##Episode##, in this case - Rude Awakening - S02E20.mkv (ironic title btw) 

I've got the debug version, disabled the 7.x, deleted the tv.db, installed the debug, and am letting it run now. Do you want media info of the reported file?, the log, etc to help on your end.

Well, I'm 99% sure it's a file issue of the episode file causing the issue.

And yes, it's alpha episode but I thought about it. The (Windows) search wont help, the files will be labeled as S01E01 whatever. Windows will sort by S01bla while the sync just focus on the episode names.

"S01E01 - episode label" - Windows search -> S01 -> ascending

Sync (kodi.log) -> "episode label" -> ascending

quickmic
10 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

If it's a valid file yes, please. If it's corrupted, no need. Just let me know what's the case.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
1 minute ago, SwanStream said:

PM with log info on it's way.cannon - S05E14.htmlcannon - S05E15.html, here's the Media info for the files. Files play fine in vlc, so I'm stumped. 

But seems, Emby server didn't detect the ratio. VLC is a bit more tolerant as ffmpeg (which Emby server uses for detection). Will check the log, thanks.

SwanStream

I can see this isn't your problem, it's mine. A few files in that season are showing some bad display... not those two oddly, but others are showing wrong aspect on playback. So I'll need to remux them all....

But from a functionality perspective, I'd rather the app not spaz and just catalog whatever I got. I can always force aspect ratio in playback if I have to correct a crappy encode.

• Like 1

SwanStream

So, this brings up a long standing mental wish list item. I get these files with whacky aspects, display/heights that I'd like to be able to "fix" in kodi... lets say I start watching and see it's wrong. It'd be nice if there was a way to over-ride the aspect at the show level, i.e. ignore the file, display all files in this show or season as 4:3 etc. via remote, without having to put down the beer....

just saying it, now it's said! 🤐

quickmic
31 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

So, this brings up a long standing mental wish list item. I get these files with whacky aspects, display/heights that I'd like to be able to "fix" in kodi... lets say I start watching and see it's wrong. It'd be nice if there was a way to over-ride the aspect at the show level, i.e. ignore the file, display all files in this show or season as 4:3 etc. via remote, without having to put down the beer....

Well, several (possible content) issues are already reported in the log, but sometimes it's hard do decide if it's an error or on purpose. The log is also not very user friendly.

e.g. if no bitrate is reported for a video file, this is most likely an issue (file corrupted). There are cases where a not reported bitrate is still valid. e.g. not initiated strm files.

If my  sync log shows a not detected bitrate, I know it's an issue cause I don't use strm files.

I think I can improve the logs. Maybe tag them with "Review: " prefix or create an audit.log after init-sync.

There are several cases were the plugin already intercepts issues, but it's actually a content issue from my experience. -> Good example, the invalid people name from one of the previous reported issues.

This is imho clearly a content issue, if the plugin just ignores them, the user will never know about them.

Yours too, aspect ratio report with "/" as separator is highly suspicious.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
24 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

Fixing issues will (always) be a manual ops on Emby server/content, but I can improve the log for review.

I'll not extent the plugin with (write) capabilities. It's not and will not be a metadata editor.

quickmic
8 hours ago, Yuvaraj said:

Thank You So Much for Your Support Sir . 

I did everything as Per Your Video and I got the result also everything as Per Video Only Except The Mouse Frst 2 Episodes( Rename also Tried But Frst 2 Episode I cant get SRT) . Other Episodes 3-20 SRT Working Fine and Peaky Blinders also Working Fine .

Regarding that Can't Play Issue . I faced in Both 19 and 20 . In fact I installed 20 due to that Issue Only.  Specifically Whenever We Rename the Video file and Refresh the Emby Server that Time only We face that Issue, Other Videos Playing Normally. And After Sometimes It ll corrected after Library Update.(In Kodi 19)

But in 20 ,I found that Whenever We alter the files like cut /copy/Move/rename . After that we ll do Emby server update. But in Kodi it mentioned as Library update, But it didn't update Properly. So only whenever we play modified file it shows that error. After every Modification we should do Database Reset In Kodi 20 .

After The New Update 7.6.0 This issue also Cleared. Just Now I Checked. Working fine in Kodi 20.

Glad to help.

Next-gen plugin is only as powerful as Emby server detects content.

If you still have issues, review content on Emby server first. If it's correct there, the plugin may cause the issue but not vice versa.

btw, the video I uploaded is really the bare minimum. I recommend also separate folders for movies and if it's not too much afford, rename the files as well -> according to screenshots ->

e.g. TV-Shows should be named as S0XE0X - Label

Also review the naming-links I posted to get a perfect result.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
On 7/10/2022 at 8:41 PM, djon said:

del key and native mode. The one with direct paths.

I checked again, currently I cannot find any issues. Do you recall if the content was also removed from Kodi's views/lists or just from the drive?

Actually if it was also removed from Kodi, this is an indicator that everything was working correctly and for some reason Kodi deleted everything on purpose and not the plugin.

If delete by Kodi events is enabled, plugin just follows Kodi queries.

As mentioned, delete option are potentially dangerous and I'm no fan of this function.

Edited by quickmic

SwanStream
On 7/15/2022 at 10:52 AM, quickmic said:

This is imho clearly a content issue, if the plugin just ignores them, the user will never know about them.

I agree it's a content issue, but having thought about this post a bit, my reaction is: Part of the reason I use Emby for cataloging is that it doesn't require me to spend more time fixing content than watching content. It just catalogs what I have well. If I never knew the show used a "/" instead of a ":" I'd be living the dream. I have used the combination of Emby for cataloging, Kodi for playing for many years and like that for the most part Kodi just plays stuff without fussing, and Emby does a really good job of the organization.

This add-on, which I've been using since the beginning has been a great tool for pulling library info from Emby, and pushing watched status back for years and years. If the add-on is changing focus from that to some sort of data integrety/validation tool I guess I'll have to drop back to the beta and hang -out there. I like the add-on being a simple info transfer between emby and kodi, I find the validation of my library via this add-on unhelpful.

It would be great if there was an add-on to work that 'suspicious' angle to help with the manual clean-up of content on Emby as a purpose built tool. When I'm in front of Kodi, I've got a beer and remote, not a keyboard and a mouse, so it's not the ideal time to be confronting library issues.

So at the end of the day, if the plug-in ignores content issue, the user will never know about them...  I don't see a problem there. Appreciate the work and effort you're putting in, just wish it was making the ecosystem less needy rather than more hands on. ✌️

• Like 1

quickmic
1 hour ago, SwanStream said:

So at the end of the day, if the plug-in ignores content issue, the user will never know about them...  I don't see a problem there. Appreciate the work and effort you're putting in, just wish it was making the ecosystem less needy rather than more hands on. ✌️

..and that's exactly what the plugin is designed for. It'll cover all issues in the end and no hands on necessary.

SwanStream

Are you saying we're on the same page? I'm seeing a few other problems I'd be happy to help work through, but not if the direction is to point out every 'data-zit' and force me to pop it.... I just wanna watch TV at the end of the day.

If we basically agree, I've got a story for you about a show that's got a couple seasons of watched showing up as both watched with all the data and as unwatched with just the episode #'s as the title... wanna hear a story?

Edited by SwanStream

SwanStream

In this screenshot, the list above is as you'd imagine. Season 1 and 2 seem to be listed in Title - SxxExx format AND in the lower portion format. Since my last db reset I've marked two episodes S02E14 and 15 as watched. They are now marked watched in BOTH the upper list and the lower list.

image.png.76b0f663f75d17089e040b3918c5e612.png

quickmic
Just now, SwanStream said:

Are you saying we're on the same page? I'm seeing a few other problems I'd be happy to help work through, but not if the direction is to point out every 'data-zit' and force me to pop it.... I just wanna watch TV at the end of the day.

If we basically agree, ...

Sure, maybe I was not clear. When I said something sounds like a content issue, this doesn't mean the plugin shouldn't cover it. This is clearly a bug of the plugin.

What I meant, I (temporary) removed some error handling code (were I didn't expect and issue) for better review. As somebody reports an issue, I can check if it's a plugin issue and will be fixed. If turns out content issue maybe workaround or ignore the issue.

E.g. the ":" "/" aspect ratio will not just be ignored in next version, both will be supported.

I've got a story for you about a show that's got a couple seasons of watched showing up as both watched with all the data and as unwatched with just the episode #'s as the title... wanna here a story?

Yes, sure. Most imported info (as this is surly not for all TVShows, season an issue) what's different compared with working ones.

e.g. Is the content distributed over several drives or folders. (stacked content). Is the content a multiversion content, such things.

I don't expect major issue like an invalid progress for "regular" content which doesn't mean it could never happen.

SwanStream
2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

e.g. Is the content distributed over several drives or folders. (stacked content). Is the content a multiversion content, such things.

Nothing special. The files were replaced by newer files a few weeks ago, but nothing unusual about them. Emby shows the right # of episodes, i.e. listed only once...

quickmic
3 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

In this screenshot, the list above is as you'd imagine. Season 1 and 2 seem to be listed in Title - SxxExx format AND in the lower portion format. Since my last db reset I've marked two episodes S02E14 and 15 as watched. They are now marked watched in BOTH the upper list and the lower list.

image.png.76b0f663f75d17089e040b3918c5e612.png

Apart from progress (I think this a side effect here)

The 1x0X labels are indicating "correctly" detected content by Kodi/ the plugin. The other's doesn't, question is why. Could be wrongly synced in the first place.

Is the S02 content recently added to Emby server?

I've seen something more or less similar in a special case.

Is the folder structure the same for both seasons?

Do you habe a season subfolder on Emby?

tvshow/S01/content

tvshow/S02/content

or mixed?

tvshow/S01/content

tvshow/S02content

or just:

tvshow/S01content

tvshow/S02content

quickmic
3 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

Nothing special. The files were replaced by newer files a few weeks ago, but nothing unusual about them. Emby shows the right # of episodes, i.e. listed only once...

That's only unusual if if was replaced after initial sync what I don't expect here.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
5 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

I'll review the log you already send me for the ratio review. Maybe I find the issue.

quickmic

I reviewed the log from ratio issue, but seems this just a partial log. Not a complete init sync log, anyway. The episodes are included, nothing odd was reported.

🙄

Just asking, is your Emby server available via internet? Can you temporarily assign me an account?

quickmic

btw, not related to this issue:

No season assigned to Episode: 684245 02 - Deleted Scene_ Baby Baskets

No season assigned to Episode: 684244 03 - Trailer

No season assigned to Episode: 684261 Sewing Tools

Those 3 files in the log are not synced to Kodi and ignored due to invalid season info on Emby server. No showstopper, this is an example for plugin skipping invalid content. If you want them get synced, you need to fix the season info on Emby server or leave them as they are. Up to you, plugin can deal with such cases.

fyi

Kodi cannot proper handle episodes without season info while Emby can.

Edited by quickmic

SwanStream

Thx for the heads up on fubar episode file names... I'll explore but looks like junk files.

Regarding the other.... I think in my distant memory kinda remember a directory name being misspelled for an emby scan or two... we're talking Bun Notice instead of Burn Notice, but only at the directory level, the files I believe were correctly named. Don't remember if it was this series, or these seasons... but in case its helpful. 

33 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Just asking, is your Emby server available via internet? Can you temporarily assign me an account?

I've had this setup in the past but it's no longer setup, sorry.

I can kill the db and do a fresh scan if that helps get a useful log? I'm still using the debug version to get past whatever stops the other... lmk if that's what you'd like.

• Like 1