• Like 1

Mookdog
6 minutes ago, Mookdog said:

I have addon mode

10 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Thanks, but this is the log from 7.7.4

I need the log from 7.7.5

btw, do you use native or addon mode?

Ok I updated to 7.7.5. Gonna re-sync my library and see if it picks up my 4K Library I will post my log in a few

Mook

• Thanks 1

Mookdog
26 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Thanks, but this is the log from 7.7.4

I need the log from 7.7.5

btw, do you use native or addon mode?

kodi.log ok log attached. I also attached a pic of my library. There is supposed to be 41 movies in there but it only shows 2. Once I hit repair library they come up but everytime I add a new one I have to keep hitting repair library

Mook

Mooks Emby Paradise_20220819_162432.png

quickmic
5 minutes ago, Mookdog said:

kodi.log ok log attached. I also attached a pic of my library. There is supposed to be 41 movies in there but it only shows 2. Once I hit repair library they come up but everytime I add a new one I have to keep hitting repair library

Mook

Mooks Emby Paradise_20220819_162432.png

The log looks perfect, no issues found.

Maybe this is an issue with the 4k node and not actually the sync? -> I assume you use the 4k node from the plugin? If so, have you tried to reset the nodes (via plugin menu)?

Also I'll review the node asap...

misterkoat
On 8/13/2022 at 11:04 AM, quickmic said:

Do you mean live TV? This is already supported.

No. Channels added via the IPTV addon instead of setting up a Live Tv source.

quickmic
On 8/19/2022 at 11:31 PM, misterkoat said:

No. Channels added via the IPTV addon instead of setting up a Live Tv source.

Never tested that yet, I'll check it.

quickmic
31 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Never tested that yet, I'll check it.

I is supported (via dynamic nodes), but there is a bug and the playback is not working.

Actually it's the same issue as reported here:

Will be fixed in next version

btw, I think syncing IPTV makes not really sense due to a lag of metadata content.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
On 8/19/2022 at 10:38 PM, quickmic said:

The log looks perfect, no issues found.

Maybe this is an issue with the 4k node and not actually the sync? -> I assume you use the 4k node from the plugin? If so, have you tried to reset the nodes (via plugin menu)?

Also I'll review the node asap...

I reviewed the log once again and performed several tests. No issue found.

Also I reviewed the changes from 7.7.4 to 7.7.5. There are no (init sync) changes which could result in the reported issue.

I changes some DB locks so MAYBE the sync is paused wrongly for realtime syncs. Frankly, I also doubt there is a bug in realtime sync if it's not an absolute edge case. Also that's not what you reported if I understood you correctly.

Kodi stock -> install 7.7.5 -> sync content -> 4k broken. That's what I got from you posting, right?

Edited by quickmic

Mookdog
8 hours ago, quickmic said:

I reviewed the log once again and performed several tests. No issue found.

Also I reviewed the changes from 7.7.4 to 7.7.5. There are no (init sync) changes which could result in the reported issue.

I changes some DB locks so MAYBE the sync is paused wrongly for realtime syncs. Frankly, I also doubt there is a bug in realtime sync if it's not an absolute edge case. Also that's not what you reported if I understood you correctly.

Kodi stock -> install 7.7.5 -> sync content -> 4k broken. That's what I got from you posting, right?

In both 7.7.4 and 7.7.5 4K is broken. Will not populate unless I hit update libraries

Mook

quickmic
1 hour ago, Mookdog said:

In both 7.7.4 and 7.7.5 4K is broken. Will not populate unless I hit update libraries

Mook

Currently no idea why. Is the content there if you don't browse via 4k node? -> this would prove that the (basic) sync is actually ok.

Also try the 4k node via plugins "run" menu. I assume it's not an issue of the plugin. Not sure what node you use in your skin. Going via plugins run menu will use the 4k node of the plugin and not something else you are possible currently using.

Edited by quickmic

Mookdog
57 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Currently no idea why. Is the content there if you don't browse via 4k node? -> this would prove that the (basic) sync is actually ok.

Also try the 4k node via plugins "run" menu. I assume it's not an issue of the plugin. Not sure what node you use in your skin. Going via plugins run menu will use the 4k node of the plugin and not something else you are possible currently using.

When I run repair the 4k Library it all comes up. But when I add another 4K Movie I have to hit repair again for it to pick it up. Emby actually scans it in but doesnt show unless I hit repair. I tried several different skins and it has the same problem (Even on Estuary)

Mook

Mookdog
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

Also just tested on the 4K Node in Synced Nodes section and still doesnt show all my movies unless I hit repair Libraries. In dynamic node they show up

Edited by Mookdog

quickmic
9 hours ago, Mookdog said:

Also just tested on the 4K Node in Synced Nodes section and still doesnt show all my movies unless I hit repair Libraries. In dynamic node they show up

Ok, currently I cannot review or fix something due to the lag of input. I still thing this is not a plugin issue.

Some info..

What you are reporting has 99% nothing todo with 4k content. What I got is, that (only) one Emby library (of several you sync) is not correct on init sync.

Also you report, new content is not added for this ONE library only.

With this info impossible to find a pattern.

If you want that I review this issue more deeply, I need exact test cases and detailed debug info. e.g. comparison (kodi log) from a functioning version and a broken version. -> I got the impression older versions didn't have an issue?

I also need exact info of the Emby library structure and at least ALL info of one sample movie. -> Folder structure, Emby metadata, Emby Library settings, is realtime sync enabled on Emby server or not, everything (screenshots of all relevant settings) etc.

The issue "new content not added" needs even more  data for review.

When was it added, was Kodi on or off at this point (incremental startup sync, or realtime sync) and once again, logs for each case and.

If it's a problem with realtime, check the connection. Send (text) messages from Emby to Kodi etc.

Last but not least, and probably most important for debugging tricky issues. Use a STOCK Kodi for tests. Not a single plugin should be installed beside next gen. Such issues often happen due to bugs in 3rd party plugins. Use a PC for testing.

You see, I need a lot and detailed infos, otherwise impossible to review. btw. this is not a standard issue. This case is hundredths or even thousands of times tested. If it would be a "simple" init sync bug, it would be found/reported by dozens of people. That's why I think this is not related to the plugin OR it's an edge case and I need detailed info to design a test case.

I know sounds like a lot of work and it is, but that's the prize to pay 🙄

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
Just now, 7reddevil11 said:

sir can u made it support with SUP subtitles, much appreciate it.

Are these external subtitles? Can you upload an example please?

btw, embedded subtitles are always tricky and sometimes not possible adding support.

Mookdog
18 hours ago, quickmic said:

Ok, currently I cannot review or fix something due to the lag of input. I still thing this is not a plugin issue.

Some info..

What you are reporting has 99% nothing todo with 4k content. What I got is, that (only) one Emby library (of several you sync) is not correct on init sync.

Also you report, new content is not added for this ONE library only.

With this info impossible to find a pattern.

If you want that I review this issue more deeply, I need exact test cases and detailed debug info. e.g. comparison (kodi log) from a functioning version and a broken version. -> I got the impression older versions didn't have an issue?

I also need exact info of the Emby library structure and at least ALL info of one sample movie. -> Folder structure, Emby metadata, Emby Library settings, is realtime sync enabled on Emby server or not, everything (screenshots of all relevant settings) etc.

The issue "new content not added" needs even more  data for review.

When was it added, was Kodi on or off at this point (incremental startup sync, or realtime sync) and once again, logs for each case and.

If it's a problem with realtime, check the connection. Send (text) messages from Emby to Kodi etc.

Last but not least, and probably most important for debugging tricky issues. Use a STOCK Kodi for tests. Not a single plugin should be installed beside next gen. Such issues often happen due to bugs in 3rd party plugins. Use a PC for testing.

You see, I need a lot and detailed infos, otherwise impossible to review. btw. this is not a standard issue. This case is hundredths or even thousands of times tested. If it would be a "simple" init sync bug, it would be found/reported by dozens of people. That's why I think this is not related to the plugin OR it's an edge case and I need detailed info to design a test case.

I know sounds like a lot of work and it is, but that's the prize to pay 🙄

Ok I installed a fresh copy of Kodi and installed just Next Gen 7.7.5 and still only 2 movies in 4K section. I will attach of photo of that and also a photo of my files directory. Also I will attach the log from Kodi

Mook

image.png

image.png

kodi.old.log kodi.log

quickmic
4 hours ago, Mookdog said:

image.png

This screenshot shows the 4K node, right? What about the "regular" movies browsing list. Is all the content listed there. The sync looks absolutly perfect.

Mookdog
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

This screenshot shows the 4K node, right? What about the "regular" movies browsing list. Is all the content listed there. The sync looks absolutly perfect.

Yes all my other nodes show everything. 4K Node wont show my whole 4K content unless I hit repair library

Mook

quickmic
3 hours ago, Mookdog said:

Yes all my other nodes show everything. 4K Node wont show my whole 4K content unless I hit repair library

Mook

I still cannot find the issue. Please send me the "broken" databases (only init sync) via PN for review.

I need this file...

MyVideos119.db

...from ..kodi/userdata/Database/

quickmic

New version available 7.7.6:

delta changelog:

fix artwork cache (edge case)
fix video playback (e.g. IPTV)
fix translations
fix Boxsets in dynamic nodes
fix minor transcoding issue
fix folder userdata update issue
performance improvement for musicvideos sync
add manual trigger for db vacuum
change music nodes (faster "regular" genres music node)

comment:

Reset nodes is recommended for music content

New song-genre node:
This is a proper workaround for the "regular" genre node issue (even it's improved by this version).
You can use the regular node for smaller music libraries, but unusable for large music databases -> https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=213179 -> https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=213737
The new genre node is actually what you want. SONGS listed by genre (not following the regular "Kodi order" -> Genre -> Artist -> Album)
Actually it's even better and covering Kodi's (sql query performance) issues.

Also the new node limits the items, cause Kodi playlists "build" has a (performance) design flaw as well (not async). Actually this issue is related to all playlists, but smaller playlists (even for video content) are not too much affected. (e.g. don't use "autoplay next" for movies content. This could result in large playlists -> playlists over 1000 items also delays/stalls Kodi) -> https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=213737&pid=2836682#pid2836682

Node characteristics:

The new node item limits the items view as well and covers this Kodi issue.
The limit is 10x the limit setting from plugin's config menu. Default setting in config is 25 -> So the new node would be 250 items limit.
The new node uses also random order.
New song-genre-node is build dynamically, and ONLY refreshed on Kodi restart (Not on the fly)! (Also due to Kodi limitations)

General recommendation for (large) music libraries:
Disable "Artist AND Albumartist" view in Kodi settings. This has a huge impact on performance for music nodes. -> also due to Kodi design flaws (poor sql queries/Kodi music database layout)

Finally, this node is a WORKAROUND following a "good enough" strategy, anyway. It's actually a very good approach for this case.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 2

Seger

image.png.d68442c4d1a23c779bf9986ee3872903.png

Hey :-),
I have just jumped to the 7 version. Can you tell me why a different picture is now shown for the episodes under "next" under series? Before all episodes were shown as fanart of the series like "The Rookie"? I use Embuary as a skin, but as I said, it shows me the "right" pictures everywhere in the 6... Version it shows me the "right" pictures everywhere.

On the Emby server it also shows the series fanart. If it remains the individual episode images, it is very confusing.

Can you tell me something about this or help us once?

GREETINGS,

Seger

quickmic
18 minutes ago, Seger said:

I have just jumped to the 7 version. Can you tell me why a different picture is now shown for the episodes under "next" under series? Before all episodes were shown as fanart of the series like "The Rookie"? I use Embuary as a skin, but as I said, it shows me the "right" pictures everywhere in the 6... Version it shows me the "right" pictures everywhere.

On the Emby server it also shows the series fanart. If it remains the individual episode images, it is very confusing.

GREETINGS,

Seger

This is on purpose and actually the "right" artwork is in 7.x shown. There was a longer discussion about that topic with "smernt" starting here:

quickmic
20 minutes ago, Seger said:

GREETINGS,

Seger

Short summery: The nodes shows "episodes" and therefore it uses the artwork like on every other Episode related node. Not sure why it was differently designed in the past (legacy from 4.x and all the way up to 6.x).

Seger

image.thumb.png.97efb6704ee57545f8edebaadc01806c.png

Is there a "continue watching" node? With Emby it is also displayed in the overview in this way, the individual episodes lead to a very choppy picture.

Then another issue, my library is very large and I don't get all the images displayed after artwork caching. What exactly do you need from me to analyse the "problem"? 

image.png.0a78a564823c4b794ecdeafff140da5c.png 

kodi.log

quickmic
2 minutes ago, Seger said:

image.thumb.png.97efb6704ee57545f8edebaadc01806c.png

Is there a "continue watching" node? With Emby it is also displayed in the overview in this way, the individual episodes lead to a very choppy picture.

"in progress episodes" or "in progress tvshows" nodes should do the job.