embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
On 7/17/2022 at 10:47 PM, LichenKing said:

@quickmic The 7.6.0 release lost total ISO playback. Error could not playback item from within Kodi.

Playback failed
One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message.

Seems to be a Kodi bug? Even with stock Kodi (no plugins) I got en error.

CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(udf) in udf://%2fmnt%2fstorage0%2ftransfer%2femby-test%2fbdmv2%2fmovie1%2fmovie1%20-%204k.iso/BDMV/index.bdmv

Or  my Redhat distribution doesn't support udf. I'll check on Debian too.

Anyway, I need a log from you for review.

Edit:

works on Debian

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

New version available 7.6.1:

delta changelog:

add additional logs
fix invalid people (cast) issue
fix invalid aspect ratio issue
fix alternative device name
add custom composer node
improve artwork cache, currently supported format are jpg, png
fix videoplayer window focus on multiselection

Comment:
Artwork cache completely rewritten
Also artwork caching possible for photoalums and photos
Artwork cache NOT tested on Windows. Let me know if there are any issues. Maybe somebody send me the Textures13.db from a Windows system for review? Thanks

• Like 1

quickmic
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

New version available 7.6.1:

delta changelog:

add additional logs
fix invalid people (cast) issue
fix invalid aspect ratio issue
fix alternative device name
add custom composer node
improve artwork cache, currently supported format are jpg, png
fix videoplayer window focus on multiselection

Comment:
Artwork cache completely rewritten
Also artwork caching possible for photoalums and photos
Artwork cache NOT tested on Windows. Let me know if there are any issues. Maybe somebody send me the Textures13.db from a Windows system for review? Thanks

I forgot to mention. If you use artwork cache, make sure you have enough hdd/sd memory. Currently there is no warning no limit. (will be added in next version).

In doubt, cache artwork in stages and keep an eye on memory!

e.g. I need around 100GB to cache everything!

RaptorCentauri

Possible bug, using v 7.6.0 on native mode. I added a multiversion movie that appears as a single item in my emby server. On Kodi it appeared as 2 separate items. The only fix was to do a complete database reset. (update and repair libraries was not working)

• Like 1

quickmic
9 minutes ago, RaptorCentauri said:

Possible bug, using v 7.6.0 on native mode. I added a multiversion movie that appears as a single item in my emby server. On Kodi it appeared as 2 separate items. The only fix was to do a complete database reset. (update and repair libraries was not working)

Was it an NEW multiversion content? Not a modified/updated (existing) content? -> I never tried NEW multiversion content at once, probably a bug.

I tested existing content -> adding additional content -> multiversion (and vice versa)

NOT tested new content -> new content is a multiversion (already).

Please exactly describe what you did, so I'm able to design a test case. (details are required)

smernt

Hi quickmic, I was actually only using Arctic Horizon v1 before, but I’ve since updated to v2 and it no longer has the problem of showing the same artwork for every episode, so thanks for that!

However I have come across a different artwork issue which happens on both versions of horizon.

Essentially, the ‘Next Episode’ widget used to be able to show as poster artwork, however now it only seems to show as episode artwork. Is there a way to get posters back without having to resort to using ‘in progress tv shows’ instead? Because while that widget does show posters, it doesn’t just play the next episode with a single click.

See attached image of artwork shown with ‘Next Episode’ widget even in poster mode now. I’m using the very latest version of next gen 7.6.1.

ECC14305-DD1E-4827-83F6-F3FD43F369C1.jpeg

RaptorCentauri
9 hours ago, quickmic said:

Was it an NEW multiversion content? Not a modified/updated (existing) content? -> I never tried NEW multiversion content at once, probably a bug.

I tested existing content -> adding additional content -> multiversion (and vice versa)

NOT tested new content -> new content is a multiversion (already).

Please exactly describe what you did, so I'm able to design a test case. (details are required)

Yes it was a new item in the library. The movie was labeled as movie - version 1. mkv and movie - version 2.mkv

originaly in the Emby UI via web interface it was 2 separate items. I grouped the versions together. 

At this point both versions were appearing as separate items. Updating and and repair libraries did nothing, I had to rebuild the database. 

Previous multi version movies are behaving normally 

• Like 1

embyL0VER

@smernt I'm not using the artic skin but one question have you posters for every season or only one for the series?

I've tested the next episode widget and configured it to show me poster and it show me the right season poster for each episode perfectly fine but this is on embuary skin. 

I'm just asking... maybe missing artwork.

quickmic
6 hours ago, RaptorCentauri said:

Yes it was a new item in the library. The movie was labeled as movie - version 1. mkv and movie - version 2.mkv

originaly in the Emby UI via web interface it was 2 separate items. I grouped the versions together. 

At this point both versions were appearing as separate items. Updating and and repair libraries did nothing, I had to rebuild the database. 

Previous multi version movies are behaving normally 

I need exact step by step instruction what you did and what was the content state on Emby server for each step.

I tested several ways, adding version in stages, merged them, realtime sync and startup sync. Perfect, no issue found.

smernt
2 hours ago, embyL0VER said:

@smernt I'm not using the artic skin but one question have you posters for every season or only one for the series?

I've tested the next episode widget and configured it to show me poster and it show me the right season poster for each episode perfectly fine but this is on embuary skin. 

I'm just asking... maybe missing artwork.

Hey, yeah all the proper artwork is there for the season posters, so that’s definitely not the problem. I can’t see any kind of setting to set it to show as season poster artwork etc, but it just happened by default with the ‘stable’ version of next gen, so something must have been tweaked?

D3878D17-C21E-43A1-9B60-1C9BE45FB294.jpeg

364B2277-D825-404A-85EA-90B943DDDA6E.jpeg

quickmic

@smernt

Episode artwork is globally defined, it cannot be altered by its use case.

Current episode mapping is:

{'Primary': ('thumb', 'poster', 'landscape'), "Art": ('clearart',), "Banner": ('banner',), "Disc": ('discart',), "Logo": ('clearlogo',), "Thumb": ('thumb',)},

Next episodes will show episode artwork, not its parents.

Parents artwork is only used as a fallback in case no "primary" is available.

Edited by quickmic

smernt
1 minute ago, quickmic said:

@smernt

Episode artwork is globally defined, it cannot be altered by its use case.

Current mapping episode mapping is:

{'Primary': ('thumb', 'poster', 'landscape'), "Art": ('clearart',), "Banner": ('banner',), "Disc": ('discart',), "Logo": ('clearlogo',), "Thumb": ('thumb',)},

Next episodes will show episode artwork, not its parents.

Parents artwork is only used as a fallback in case no "primary" is available.

Interesting! But with the previous version it definitely worked where next episodes would show as posters when the widget was set to ‘poster’, but the artwork inside of a season view was the episode artwork. So it showed posters in the next episode widget even though episode artwork existed.

poster artwork in the next episode widget just made it much easier to identify shows at a glance.

quickmic
1 hour ago, smernt said:

Interesting! But with the previous version it definitely worked where next episodes would show as posters when the widget was set to ‘poster’, but the artwork inside of a season view was the episode artwork. So it showed posters in the next episode widget even though episode artwork existed.

poster artwork in the next episode widget just made it much easier to identify shows at a glance.

Could be, not sure artwork has changed in 7.x versions.

Problem is, if I change posters to series or season posters, it would be globally. So everybody using posters for episodes would have no thumbnail images in the episodes posters

Unfortunately, all skins works differently and changing it will break other peoples use case. I had a lot of discussions about artwork, imho no poster should be assigned to episodes and the skin should decide what's the fallback (what is actually not the case or incorrect for some skins).

As mentioned if poster is blank, the parent artwork would be used. (I assume this was the case in previous versions). Even this fallback shouldn't be assigned by the plugin but necessary to satisfy the skins.

Artwork is a very tricky matter, every time I alter something, someones use case is broken. There is no way to make everybody happy. Current assignments is the best compromise I found.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

RaptorCentauri
On 7/23/2022 at 7:46 AM, quickmic said:

I need exact step by step instruction what you did and what was the content state on Emby server for each step.

I tested several ways, adding version in stages, merged them, realtime sync and startup sync. Perfect, no issue found.

I'm not sure if I can remember the exact steps. Next time I add a multiversion movie I will keep better track and raise the issue again with better details if the problem repeats.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
1 hour ago, t123thomas said:

Hi Quickmic if I may ask how does the vaccum function works?

Do you really wanna know how this works? -> Standard database functionality and for the plugin some workarounds to prevent Kodi killing vaccum tasks on shutdown (timeout).

If you wanna do it manually, use sqlite browser.

btw, do you have still issues with 7.x?

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
9 hours ago, RaptorCentauri said:

I'm not sure if I can remember the exact steps. Next time I add a multiversion movie I will keep better track and raise the issue again with better details if the problem repeats.

Thanks, that would help a lot. I performed further tests on multiversion. Still nothing found.

Edited by quickmic

t123thomas
12 hours ago, quickmic said:

Do you really wanna know how this works? -> Standard database functionality and for the plugin some workarounds to prevent Kodi killing vaccum tasks on shutdown (timeout).

If you wanna do it manually, use sqlite browser.

btw, do you have still issues with 7.x?

apology if the question is vague, I just installed the latest 7.x on my windows laptop, I am not interested in the technical aspect or the logics of the function what I meant is when the button is active in the e4k addon, what perform improvement or any sort should one expected, what is the user experience to expect if any?

Edited by t123thomas

quickmic
11 minutes ago, t123thomas said:

apology if the question is vague, I just installed the latest 7.x on my windows laptop, I am not interested in the technical aspect or the logics of the function what I meant is when the button is active in the e4k addon, what perform improvement or any sort should one expected, what is the user experience to expect if any?

Well the vacuum function just compresses/optimizes the databases.

Performance improvements are only excepted on very large databases. 99% of the users will not "feel" any difference.

But it doesn't hurt enabling the function -> Kodi shutdown will be slower.

quickmic
4 minutes ago, t123thomas said:

I see few error from playback, dont know what they stand for, I thought I report for you to peruse

https://paste.kodi.tv/curiviwesa

Yes, I see them too. No idea why, can you please send me a debug log (via PM).

t123thomas
12 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Well the vacuum function just compresses/optimizes the databases.

Performance improvements are only excepted on very large databases. 99% of the users will not "feel" any difference.

But it doesn't hurt enabling the function -> Kodi shutdown will be slower.

That is fine I will enable as I have a large data files

quickmic
3 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Yes, I see them too. No idea why, can you please send me a debug log (via PM).

btw, this is 100% not a common issue. Is something blocking port "57342"? The error "56" from Kodi's curl means, something is blocking.

t123thomas
8 minutes ago, quickmic said:

btw, this is 100% not a common issue. Is something blocking port "57342"? The error "56" from Kodi's curl means, something is blocking.

blocking port 57342  how is that possible how do I trouble shoot this error

quickmic
2 minutes ago, t123thomas said:

blocking port 57342  how is that possible how do I trouble shoot this error

I'm not sure if it's the really the windows firewall, just my first clue. Disable Windows firewall (temporary).