– Ensure you're running ReadyNAS 6.8.0 or greater. If version 6.8.0 is not detected by "check for updates", it can be downloaded and installed via the admin interface.
– Download one of the .deb files depending on the architecture of your NAS device. Please refer to the ReadyNAS wiki if you don't know what architecture you're running.
– arm download- coming soon.
– Upload the deb for your architecture via the apps tab in the admin interface. A popup should appear to keep you updated on the installation progress.
– When the installation is over, you should see Emby appear in the apps tabs on the admin interface, you can turn it on if it's not already and the launch button will take you to the install wizard.
– Install the Emby plugin using the FreeNAS web interface
– Start the server using the FreeNAS web interface
– You may need to configure storage within your FreeNAS Jail in order to allow Emby to access it. See Adding storage to FreeNAS.
Install Emby Server for QNAP by downloading from the QNAP Community..
Start Emby from the QNAP web interface, then visit http://localhost:8096 to run the Emby setup wizard.
To get faster access to updates, you can always download the latest version from the QNAP Community.
An Emby supported package is now available for all Synology* (and XPEnology) platforms!
The package is supported on systems running DSM 5.2-5967 or later.
* Support for QorIQ based machines (DS213+, DS413) is not currently possible.
There are a few things you need to do to get started, but it's pretty quick and easy to get going:-
1) The first thing you need to do is add the Emby repository to Package Center's settings.
Package Center -> Settings -> Package Sources
* XPEnology users, please use https://synology.emby.media/?package_repository=360efc6e-de72-4073-b603-2bfbd7001586 and make sure you take a look at the XPEnology Users Read Me.
2) Now configure Package Center to trust the Emby package repository.
Package Center -> Settings -> General
3) We can now explore Package Center and locate the package to install it.
Package Center -> Explore -> Community
4) Once you've clicked install, it will take a few minutes for the package to become available.
5) When the install completes, Emby will be running and you can get started by clicking on the URL!
Install Emby using Thecus AppCenter. First open AppCenter.
Locate Emby either by searching or under Media/DLNA. Click Install.
When the installation has completed, click Enter App Page.
From here you can access the Emby web interface to begin the Emby Setup Wizard.
For OS5 and OS6, the module need to be downloaded on PC and then installed within Thecus WEB UI Emby have 2 dependencies module which need to be installed first, these are available also in the forum with a link in the Emby post: Mono > 220.127.116.11 Ffmpeg > 18.104.22.168 If these are not installed, the installation of Emby will fail with a message that dependencies are not meat. After Emby is installed, need to be started and then can be accessed on the webpage