Jump to content

DSM 6 to DSM 7 Emby Migration Instructions


cayars

Recommended Posts

zom414

Finally got it working!  Not sure if it will help anyone else but here's what I did:

1.  I made an Emby shared folder and copied all the files back in there from my DSM 6 build.  This was on a new machine with DSM 7 so no previous DSM 6 data was on it.

2.  Installed the latest Emby package and then stopped it.

3. Copied and owned the files as per the instructions at the beginning.

4. Restarted Emby but still now working so stopped Emby and did this from LemurTech's post:

rm -r /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer/*

5. Copied and owned the files again and started Emby.  Setup all back and working now.

 

Thanks all for the help.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

jesmo

Hallo, ich wollte auch von DSM 6 auf DSM 7 updaten. Ich bin technisch nicht so perfekt mit Songs. Ich lese hier 20 Seiten Hilfe.🙈 Ist das Video vom ersten Post noch aktuell und ausreichend? oder gibt es eine neue Kurzanleitung?

Edited by jesmo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FrostByte
1 hour ago, jesmo said:

Hallo, ich wollte auch von DSM 6 auf DSM 7 updaten. Ich bin technisch nicht so perfekt mit Songs. Ich lese hier 20 Seiten Hilfe.🙈 Ist das Video vom ersten Post noch aktuell und ausreichend? oder gibt es eine neue Kurzanleitung?

The video and the instructions from the first page are still the latest.  If you run into problems just post a question and if all fails cayars may be able to remote in and assist

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The procedure is still the same with the only difference being newer versions of Emby Server. So you will want to upgrade to 4.6.7 while still on DSM 6 and make sure everything is working correctly.  Then do the migration. You will then install the DSM 7 version of 4.6.7.

Other than that, everything should be the same.  If you run into any problem or have any questions reach out for help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JulesC
On 1/10/2022 at 3:44 PM, JulesC said:

@cayarsthank you so very much for helping me by logging in remotely to help resolve the issues I was encountering and for resetting the backup plug-in location. I could have never resolved this on my own. You went above and beyond, spending quality time troubleshooting and resolving the issues. I’m up and running again with DSM 7, thanks to the quality support you provided. THANK YOU!!!

Best Regards,

Julio

@cayars Hello, everything has been working fine thanks to your awesome help. Today, via Windows SMB I mapped a drive to my NAS (Emby Media). When I checked the Security tab, I saw a user I know I didn't create (Unix 1027). So without thinking (DUH), I deleted it and now Emby is not working (error: too many errors when I try to play a movie). I recall when you were helping me that you mentioned an account like this. How can I resolve this? I'm so sorry for not checking with you prior to deleting this account and creating this extra work :( THANK YOU!!!

Edited by JulesC
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I work on so many remote systems I don't remember every little thing like that.  So I probably would have suggested you remove that 1027 user as well if you don't recognize it. But it appears it was needed.

Send me a PM with info to remote back in and I'll give you a hand fixing this up.  I just need to take a quick look at the way it was setup and you can show me where that user was appearing.  Shouldn't take but a few minutes, so when ever you have some time to work on this let me know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JulesC
10 minutes ago, cayars said:

I work on so many remote systems I don't remember every little thing like that.  So I probably would have suggested you remove that 1027 user as well if you don't recognize it. But it appears it was needed.

Send me a PM with info to remote back in and I'll give you a hand fixing this up.  I just need to take a quick look at the way it was setup and you can show me where that user was appearing.  Shouldn't take but a few minutes, so when ever you have some time to work on this let me know.

@cayars thank you. Just sent you a PM request with access codes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jesmo
3 hours ago, cayars said:

The procedure is still the same with the only difference being newer versions of Emby Server. So you will want to upgrade to 4.6.7 while still on DSM 6 and make sure everything is working correctly.  Then do the migration. You will then install the DSM 7 version of 4.6.7.

Other than that, everything should be the same.  If you run into any problem or have any questions reach out for help!

Thanks very much. Hey, I got it. The video was very helpful. A putty video would have been good. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me the first time. Then I read through the 20 pages. I tried to install Emby 3 times. The problem, like the others, was that the users were gone. It would be good to note the delete command for this in the first post.😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JulesC
1 hour ago, JulesC said:

@cayars thank you. Just sent you a PM request with access codes

@cayars Thank you AGAIN for logging in and assisting me remotely today to resolve the issue I was encountering. Your assistance is always greatly appreciated.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jesmo said:

Thanks very much. Hey, I got it. The video was very helpful. A putty video would have been good. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me the first time. Then I read through the 20 pages. I tried to install Emby 3 times. The problem, like the others, was that the users were gone. It would be good to note the delete command for this in the first post.😉

What delete command are you referring to?

Every time I've helped someone or more to the point, watched someone who the migration didn't work, I find they are improvising steps that are not documented. If you follow the steps exactly as given, it does work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JulesC said:

@cayars Thank you AGAIN for logging in and assisting me remotely today to resolve the issue I was encountering. Your assistance is always greatly appreciated.

It's our pleasure to assist you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jesmo

@cayars

I did it like in the video. However putty at the very end. Maybe this was a problem. Here is the delete command I mean. I think that's what happened to me.

grafik.png.7899f5d01c2a2aaf9db26e05b8d42055.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That could do it.  There really shouldn't be any database transaction logs available to Emby when starting it up the first time in DSM 7. Instead Emby should be able to open new/fresh transaction logs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Banquero

Buenas noches, veo que ha salido una actualizacion para Synology concretamente Version: 7.0.1-42218 Update 2...Esto afectaría al paquete de Emby Server? Yo ya estoy en DSM 7. Tuve mala experiencia en la migración de DSM6 a DSM7 y tuve que rehacer Emby Server...No me atrevo a actualizar...Espero sus noticias...Muchas gracias...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FrostByte
8 minutes ago, Banquero said:

Buenas noches, veo que ha salido una actualizacion para Synology concretamente Version: 7.0.1-42218 Update 2...Esto afectaría al paquete de Emby Server? Yo ya estoy en DSM 7. Tuve mala experiencia en la migración de DSM6 a DSM7 y tuve que rehacer Emby Server...No me atrevo a actualizar...Espero sus noticias...Muchas gracias...

Several of us have already loaded the Update without any problems.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Banquero
1 hour ago, FrostByte said:

Several of us have already loaded the Update without any problems.

 

Muchas gracias. Actualizado y todo correcto... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

iJoMun

I finally decided to upgrade to DSM 7. Followed @cayars guide at the top of this thread, as well as the video. So far so good. I followed the written instructions up to the PuTTY part and then ran emby. It opened on the Wecome page that new users would be greed with, not the logon page. I assume the answer here is that I need to log on using PuTTY and copy emby data over to the new location, except I have no idea what I'm doing at this point. I don't know how to use PuTTY, or what data to copy over from what location to where. I have an extensive library and I'm worried I might end up losing data. I suppose I could create the libraries again as if I'm installing emby for the first time, but I'd rather preserve what's already there. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

UPDATE (1/22/22): I did do the migration using Putty this afternoon. Successfully copied and owned (I think) the data files. But, I'm still loading into the "Welcome" page when I launch Emby. I don't see an "Emby Server" folder in the Shared Folders list. Also, in the "Advanced Permissions" tab for the DSM 6 Emby data folder, I have "Disable modification of existing files" checked. Should I have unchecked that before doing the migration?

Edited by iJoMun
Link to comment
Share on other sites

iJoMun
On 1/21/2022 at 8:21 PM, iJoMun said:

I finally decided to upgrade to DSM 7. Followed @cayars guide at the top of this thread, as well as the video. So far so good. I followed the written instructions up to the PuTTY part and then ran emby. It opened on the Wecome page that new users would be greed with, not the logon page. I assume the answer here is that I need to log on using PuTTY and copy emby data over to the new location, except I have no idea what I'm doing at this point. I don't know how to use PuTTY, or what data to copy over from what location to where. I have an extensive library and I'm worried I might end up losing data. I suppose I could create the libraries again as if I'm installing emby for the first time, but I'd rather preserve what's already there. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

UPDATE (1/22/22): I did do the migration using Putty this afternoon. Successfully copied and owned (I think) the data files. But, I'm still loading into the "Welcome" page when I launch Emby. I don't see an "Emby Server" folder in the Shared Folders list. Also, in the "Advanced Permissions" tab for the DSM 6 Emby data folder, I have "Disable modification of existing files" checked. Should I have unchecked that before doing the migration?

@cayarsThank you so much for the remote help tonight, for solving the migration issues, and for taking the time to fine tune my NAS :) You're exceptional, my friend, and I appreciate you!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's our pleasure @iJoMun.  I was taking a little break eating dinner while remoted in with you so you.   

You've got a pretty nice NAS, but with any luck we'll change that to a Bad @ss NAS! LOL

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

mckarg

Hi. In my case, emby server isn't running anymore after upgrading to DSM 7.1.

I'll give you a list of steps i did (whithout checking any instructions before upgrading DSM):

  • On DSM 6.2, when trying to update emby server, there was a message like "this version of emby requires DSM 7".
  • i performed upgrade from DSM 6.2 to 7.1 (without uninstalling emby)
  • afterwards, package center said, emby server should be repaired, so i clicked on "repair"
  • emby server was running afterwards (i think it was 4.6.4.0), but all my configuration / users / media were gone (not visible)
  • i updated emby server manually to emby-server-synology7_4.6.7.0_x86_64 - same situation
  • i followed the steps of your instruction (Posted July 6, 2021 (edited)) from step 6 (stop emby)
  • when i started emby server it's stopping after a few seconds (the same after uninstalling and reinstalling the version from the package center)

What can i do, to get emby server running again (with all my settings / media))?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your initial DSM 6 version of Emby may be gone thanks to the package center repair.  Do you have a backup of it?
How about the Server Backup Configuration Plugin? Did you have that installed and backing things up?

Did you by any chance have recycle bin turned on for volume1?
Last but not least, actually best, did you take a snapshot of the system before doing the DSM 7 update?

I'd be happy to do a remote session with you and look to see what things look like. If there is any hope of resurrecting your old system I can do it, but I can tell you from past experience the "repair" you mentioned is usually bad news and is removes things.

Send me a private message and let me take a look.  If you have any of the "backup" items mentioned above that would be great.

Carlo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FarNorthMedia

Hi There,

 

is anyone able to help me out I lost all of my settings and emby instance, I didn't realise it need a manual process before upgrading from DSM6 to 7 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, FarNorthMedia said:

Hi There,

 

is anyone able to help me out I lost all of my settings and emby instance, I didn't realise it need a manual process before upgrading from DSM6 to 7 

So you upgraded to DSM 7 and now it's like you've started over in Emby?
If so don't change anything but see if /volume1/Emby or the "Emby" share still shows up.

If so send me a private message and I can remote in and help you fix this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FarNorthMedia
45 minutes ago, cayars said:

So you upgraded to DSM 7 and now it's like you've started over in Emby?
If so don't change anything but see if /volume1/Emby or the "Emby" share still shows up.

If so send me a private message and I can remote in and help you fix this.

Yes that is right, how do I private message you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kaj
1 hour ago, FarNorthMedia said:

Yes that is right, how do I private message you?

Just click on @cayarsicon in this thread, then click the Message button...

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...