Emby doesn't respect folder location like 4.5.4.0

gokuz

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, gokuz said:

In 4.6, you put S02E05 mkv file inside Season 9 folder, it shows in Season 2 and Season 9 in emby. Thats Illogical don't you think?

Do to the fact you are not appling required metadata to the new database columns that use displayseason and displayepisode.  Provide correct information and it will work.  Where previous database did not have these columns,

gokuz
Just now, Happy2Play said:

Do to the fact you are not appling required metadata to the new database columns that use displayseason and displayepisode.  Provide correct information and it will work.  Where previous database did not have these columns,

Are you talking about .nfo file or metadata manager?

Sorry but what columns are you referring to.

Happy2Play
Just now, gokuz said:

Are you talking about .nfo file or metadata manager?

Sorry but what columns are you referring to.

Emby Database ie the library.db.  Since the database has expanded column your way will no longer work.  ie you have to correct your incorrect metadata or stay in the past.

pwhodges
1 hour ago, gokuz said:

That's progress. You agree 4.6 is broken now.

4.6 is not broken - it has broken your expectations.

The behaviour of 4.5 with unsupported input suited you; the behaviour of 4.6 with unsupported input does not suit you.  What you want was never supported, and now you see what that means.

Is finding things using the TVDB seasons so hard?  If, for instance, what you are missing is the year, or a story arc name, it is not a big job to edit the season metadata to add those to the title.

Paul

• Like 1

roaku
8 minutes ago, gokuz said:

You don't have to take my word for it. Its easily replicable.

The way i see it, mkv video file should always belong to the folder it resides. 4.5.4.0 limits the mkv to that folder.

In 4.6, you put S02E05 mkv file inside Season 9 folder, it shows in Season 2 and Season 9 in emby. Thats Illogical don't you think?

No, you told Emby this episode is in Season 2 and 9.

Why wouldn't it show the episode where you told it to?

But more importantly, why are you telling Emby that one episode appears in two seasons? You've already agreed that's impossible.

And this is *why* I suggested a logical grouping feature independent of seasons that would allow you to have exactly what you want, fully supported by the software. But that made you mad too.

Edited by roaku

Happy2Play

All that has to happen is correct the <displayseason> and <displayepisode>.  But I can say I did have one upgraded database I had to rebuild.

gokuz
1 minute ago, roaku said:

No, you told Emby this episode is in Season 2 and 9.

Why wouldn't it show the episode where you told it to?

But more importantly, why are you telling Emby that one episodes appears in two seasons? You've already agreed that's impossible.

And this is *why* I suggested a logical grouping feature independent of seasons that would allow you to have exactly what you want, fully supported by the software. But that made you mad too.

Its a fact though, try it, it will show in both season 2 and season 9 in emby 4.6.

gokuz

All that has to happen is correct the <displayseason> and <displayepisode>.  But I can say I did have one upgraded database I had to rebuild.

So if I place S02E01 in season 1 folder with displayseason and displayepisode, it will work like 4.5.4.0?

Happy2Play
Just now, gokuz said:

Its a fact though, try it, it will show in both season 2 and season 9 in emby 4.6.

Do to incorrect displayseason and displayepisode.

pwhodges

We know it behaves as you describe - no one's disputing that; however, the input you are giving it is unsupported, and that's all there is to it.

Paul

roaku
2 minutes ago, gokuz said:

Right, Emby is now doing exactly what you told it to do, but you're still complaining.

And it's still 'broken' because what you're telling it to do is a logical impossibility.

Edited by roaku

gokuz
3 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

4.6 is not broken - it has broken your expectations.

The behaviour of 4.5 with unsupported input suited you; the behaviour of 4.6 with unsupported input does not suit you.  What you want was never supported, and now you see what that means.

Is finding things using the TVDB seasons so hard?  If, for instance, what you are missing is the year, or a story arc name, it is not a big job to edit the season metadata to add those to the title.

Paul

You know from 3.5.2, I've used this "unsupported feature". This "unsupported feature" was the key to make me swap from plex to emby.

For 2 whole years, this "unsupported feature" didn't break anyone's library nor did it affect anyone.

So why did they decide to change this "unsupported feature" when it didn't do anything wrong in the first place

roaku
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

So my proposed feature request has *already been implemented*. 🙃

Happy2Play
Just now, gokuz said:

So if I place S02E01 in season 1 folder with displayseason and displayepisode, it will work like 4.5.4.0?

Yes.  I changed the nfos you provide from -1 to <displayseason>1</displayseason> and <displayepisode>101</displayepisode>, stepping the episode number with each episode.

test.thumb.jpg.ec471d4e8c3256d7ea07d0d489861edf.jpg

gokuz
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Yes.  I changed the nfos you provide from -1 to <displayseason>1</displayseason> and <displayepisode>101</displayepisode>, stepping the episode number with each episode.

test.thumb.jpg.ec471d4e8c3256d7ea07d0d489861edf.jpg

I gave you Season 2 episode 1, try that.

You're changing different values altogether here. Change to the exact same season 2 episode 1.

Edited by gokuz

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, gokuz said:

I gave you Season 2 episode 1, try that.

It is 4th in that image.

nfo.jpg.c63df7744b388d3e9bd7e0b477c39968.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play
Just now, gokuz said:

What about S02E02. I assume 102?

I used that number scheme as most series will not have 100 episodes in a season, but you can use whatever you like.  Any number higher then the actual season episodes can be used.

gokuz
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I used that number scheme as most series will not have 100 episodes in a season, but you can use whatever you like.  Any number higher then the actual season episodes can be used.

Wait, this is fixing nfo all over again which I'd like to avoid.

I'll stick with 4.5.4.0 until devs fixes this.

• Haha 1

roaku

lolagain

Edited by roaku

Happy2Play
Just now, gokuz said:

Wait, this is fixing nfo all over again which I'd like to avoid.

I'll stick with 4.5.4.0 until devs fixes this.

Doubt it will happen as you are giving bad data to new database columns.

gokuz

Doubt it will happen as you are giving bad data to new database columns.

Here's hoping.

gokuz
3 minutes ago, roaku said:

lolagain

This might be a joke to you, but I'm dead serious on getting this fixed in 4.6

roaku
Just now, gokuz said:

This might be a joke to you, but I'm dead serious on getting this fixed in 4.6

We've all taken solving your issue more seriously than you have.

• Like 2

gokuz
2 minutes ago, roaku said:

We've all taken solving your issue more seriously than you have.

But not that last comment of yours.