Emby doesn't respect folder location like 4.5.4.0

gokuz

Happy2Play

With the database changes you have to make changes also.  There is no way around it, you have to fixed your incorrect displayseason and displayepisode to populate the correct information in the database to provide you with the display you wish for.

roaku
3 minutes ago, gokuz said:

But not that last comment of yours.

That was a response to you starting to follow an Emby representative's fully supported solution that provided exactly what you wanted, but then bailing when you realized you would have to FIX YOUR METADATA. 🙃

Edited by roaku

gokuz
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

With the database changes you have to make changes also.  There is no way around it, you have to fixed your incorrect displayseason and displayepisode to populate the correct information in the database to provide you with the display you wish for.

That's not an option honestly. Changing thousands of episodes manually. 

gokuz
1 minute ago, roaku said:

That was a response to you starting to follow an Emby representative's fully supported solution that provided exactly what you wanted, but then bailing when you realized you would have to FIX YOUR METADATA. 🙃

4.5.4.0 works though. What's your point here, I'm not discounting his ideas just that they are solutions that I didn't ask for.

roaku
4 minutes ago, gokuz said:

4.5.4.0 works though. What's your point here, I'm not discounting his ideas just that they are solutions that I didn't ask for.

Everybody's lost but you.

Happy2Play

You have to make the changes or stay on a old server version until it no longer works.

But will remain unusable on future update until incorrect metadata is fixed.

pwhodges

But that can't adjust the episode numbers to match, which will lead to out-of-order displays and maybe identical season/episode numbers leading to unexpected episode stacking.

Making the changes the OP wants  in bulk is a fair bit of work (maybe comparable to the time spent writing about it in this thread!), which is why people have suggested going with the flow and using the TVDB setup rather than a custom one.  It took me under an hour to get the 120-odd episodes of Monogatari the way I want them by editing the metadata (not quite all needed changing).

Paul

• Agree 1

gokuz
1 hour ago, pwhodges said:

(maybe comparable to the time spent writing about it in this thread!),

Not necessarily, this is just detective conan. Most of my Anime are like this so it adds up

Edited by gokuz

pwhodges

I get what you're trying to do; what I don't get is why it is so hard to go with the "normal" arrangements.

Obviously, I can see that sometimes that is too stupid (Monogatari of course - also Haruhi Suzumiya perhaps), but I have literally no other shows which I have found the need to change.  Even if the seasons are not natural (Inuyasha, for instance), every other show gets presented in order, with breaks which make them easy enough to navigate.

Maybe if I had some of the looooong shōnen shows (Inuyasha is my longest), I'd think differently?  I don't know, though.

Paul

gokuz
5 minutes ago, CasperTV said:

This thread is why emby needs a chatbox added 😀 

Gokuz after reading replies

gokuz.jpg

If you're here just to mock members, I'd suggest be a better human being. Bullies are not needed here.

gokuz
14 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

I get what you're trying to do; what I don't get is why it is so hard to go with the "normal" arrangements.

Obviously, I can see that sometimes that is too stupid (Monogatari of course - also Haruhi Suzumiya perhaps), but I have literally no other shows which I have found the need to change.  Even if the seasons are not natural (Inuyasha, for instance), every other show gets presented in order, with breaks which make them easy enough to navigate.

Maybe if I had some of the looooong shōnen shows (Inuyasha is my longest), I'd think differently?  I don't know, though.

Paul

Detective conan is my longest followed by one piece. Bleach, naruto, fairy tail etc are long as well.

For long shows like these, its hard to keep up with using TVDB overloads choice of how we should watch it.

Well, go back to the topic at hand, 4.5.4.0 works fine without me lifting my finger.

4.6.x.x has a blatenty flaw, and if this was github, I'm sure the devs will fix it asap.

But alas, emby is closed source so we are at the mercy of them, even though you're paying for the service to support them. Kinda contradictory I know.

Edited by gokuz

CasperTV

Gokuz version 4.5.4.0 is gone so deal with it and move on 😉 The admins have too much work on their plates and people to help so give them a break !!

• Like 1

gokuz
Just now, CasperTV said:

Gokuz version 4.5.4.0 is gone so deal with it and move on 😉 The admins have too much work on their plates and people to help so give them a break !!

Gone how? I'm still using 4.5.4.0

Are you their event planner or perhaps their business manager? How do you know how busy they are?

So you just assume they are busy to help just because you're against getting this fixed.

EODCrafter
16 hours ago, gokuz said:

Wait, this is fixing nfo all over again which I'd like to avoid.

I'll stick with 4.5.4.0 until devs fixes this.

The Devs are gonna fix something for YOU and possibly break it for the other 99.9%? Great Idea. Spoken like a true liberal.

Edited by EODCrafter
  • Agree 3

gokuz
3 minutes ago, EODCrafter said:

The Devs are gonna fix something for YOU and possibly break it for the other 99.9%? Great Idea.

Break what exactly?  So you assume this fix will break for 99% of people, what's your sample size here. I would like to know what are you basing this on.

From 3.5.2 to 4.5.4.0, thats 2 years of updates.

I can't find a post saying they have a problem with this, do you? 

So in the whole 2 years, may even be earlier, there's no 99% problem that you magically pull out of your hat.

Edited by gokuz

CasperTV
6 minutes ago, gokuz said:

Gone how? I'm still using 4.5.4.0

Are you their event planner or perhaps their business manager? How do you know how busy they are?

So you just assume they are busy to help just because you're against getting this fixed.

If you need a friend to talk to I suggest facebook 😉

• Agree 1

gokuz
Just now, CasperTV said:

If you need a friend to talk to I suggest facebook 😉

Again with the mockery. This tactic of mockeries will not help you push out other people's ideas to get something fixed.

EODCrafter

Just a Idea while your waiting (possibly for a Sry, we can't do that). I think TMM (Tiny Media Manager) can make all the edits you want pretty painless

gokuz
24 minutes ago, EODCrafter said:

Just a Idea while your waiting (possibly for a Sry, we can't do that). I think TMM (Tiny Media Manager) can make all the edits you want pretty painless

How do I batch edit TMM episodes?

Incremental numbers for episodes. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 in the NFO files.

i.e.

Make S02E01-S02E14 into S01E29-S01E42.

gokuz
34 minutes ago, EODCrafter said:

image.png.b25201aab542c3d87bbbcf9b23f5e1c7.png

There's only an option to change Seasons here. No episodes.

If its truly painless, please teach me how to  change S02E01-S02E14 into S01E29-S01E42

Please show me how to do this in batch, if you can do it, I'll drop this request for update instantly.