Emby doesn't respect folder location like 4.5.4.0

gokuz

GrimReaper
38 minutes ago, gokuz said:

If its truly painless, please teach me how to  change S02E01-S02E14 into S01E29-S01E42

Please show me how to do this in batch, if you can do it, I'll drop this request for update instantly.

Step 1:

577109543_Screenshot2021-06-12142038.thumb.png.30db0c73613d85375e799b56144281f9.png

Step 2:

137580859_Screenshot2021-06-12142107.thumb.png.83cb985e636bbea716ddd8222eb9151c.png

Step 3:

Scrape in TMM, write nfo.

• Like 1

EODCrafter

I would assume then if the feature doesn't exist in TMM, then nobody wanted it or used it, like Emby.

rodainas
13 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Step 1:

577109543_Screenshot2021-06-12142038.thumb.png.30db0c73613d85375e799b56144281f9.png

Step 2:

137580859_Screenshot2021-06-12142107.thumb.png.83cb985e636bbea716ddd8222eb9151c.png

Step 3:

Thats the easy part, batch renaming filenames with incremental numbers, but he is asking batch rename season and episode inside the nfo file with the same incremental numbers. If he writes the nfo with these new filenames using tmm, he will get the metadata the provider has for that numbering or no metadata as he has extra episodes by season that doesnt exist because the provider has less episodes in that season, the thing is he is using custom ordering that doesnt match the providers.

@gokuz
After you do the batch filename renaming you need something line this

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/110281-generate-nfo-files-based-on-file-name/

the script takes the filename season and episode number and write them to an nfo file, you need to test if its possible for the script to rewrite your current nfo file or if it just creates a new one with only the new season and episode number.

Edited by rodainas

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, rodainas said:

Thats the easy part, batch renaming filenames with incremental numbers, but he is asking batch rename season and episode inside the nfo file with the same incremental numbers.

@gokuz

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/110281-generate-nfo-files-based-on-file-name/

the script takes the filename season and episode number and write them to an nfo file, you need to test if its possible for the script to rewrite your current nfo file or if it just creates a new one with only the new season and episode number.

Hence Step 3, TMM will write all those nfos automatically after scraping. It is literally 5 minute job to get all those files renamed, scraped, nfos written and scanned by Emby.

Edited by GrimReaper76
Append

rodainas
1 minute ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Hence Step 3, TMM will write all those nfos automatically after scraping. It is literally 5 minute job to get all those files renamed, scraped, nfos written and scanned by Emby.

No, check my edit, he is using custom ordering, it doesnt work in that case.

And thats the problem here, he wants to use custom ordering, but not want to manually edit the nfos, he wants a script for that specific case.

Edited by rodainas

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, rodainas said:

And thats the problem here, he wants to use custom ordering, but not want to manually edit the nfos, he wants a script for that specific case.

That's some project he's got going there. 🙄 I just saw last page posts as it was quite a daunting task to go through previous 15ish pages. In that case, guess it's down to manual labor.

gokuz
58 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Sorry but I'm talking about changing this,

image.png.c5241001bb52819f0371957689fcf9eb.png

Which is inside the NFO file. Its a variable inside the NFO file

gokuz
42 minutes ago, rodainas said:

Well, what I want is a fix from 4.5.4.0 > 4.6.

Regarding about making a script to do this, I feel its an uphill battle. No one will or can do it to be honest.

gokuz
35 minutes ago, rodainas said:

Yes thats the problem here

Maybe the script https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/110281-generate-nfo-files-based-on-file-name/ can help him to automate the process a little more, thats the closer thing I found to what he wants or needs to do with how the current emby handles his situation.

Doing this is fine and dandy, but you're not going to get the scraped info goodies like air date/plot/etc.

Which brings back to the problem of changing the current NFO in batch.

I feel that we made a tangent here, its not about fixing NFOs.

Its about fixing 4.6.x.x since its working fine in 4.5.4.0

Edited by gokuz

rodainas

And thats what I said here:

If you dont try it you are not going to know if it works or make it works, you need to test it, even if it overwrites your nfos with just the new season and episode number you can modify it to just edit an existing nfo and not overwrite it. If it much effort to you just test 1 episode 1 nfo.

Edited by rodainas

gokuz
4 minutes ago, rodainas said:

If you dont try it you are not going to know if it works or make it works, you need to test it, even if it overwrites your nfos with just the new season and episode number you can modify it to just edit an existing nfo and not overwrite it. If it much effort to you just test 1 episode 1 nfo.

Script Function:
    This script is designed to create a simple .NFO file for video files. The script is hard coded to work on files with the following format names:

Show Name - SSxEE - Episode Title.ext

The Episode Title, Season Number (SS) and Episode Number (EE) will all be extracted and entered into an NFO file that will be created in the folder
    with the video files.

The script is run from within the folder that NFO files are to be generated and will process the formats of files listed in the script.
    IF an NFO file already resides in the directory it will be replaced automatically.

Gotcha. I'll test it, now I'll have to figure out how to run this since using both cygwin and powershell is a no go.

image.png.a8cf614e85a1127254dea5f88dec5db5.png

image.png.0f370fbe0e9e8f5e5cc8d14a69e3e4f3.png

CBers
16 minutes ago, gokuz said:

Which is inside the NFO file. Its a variable inside the NFO file

Delete all of the NFO files and start again. 

The NFO files are the issue after all. 

@Luke isn't going to fix anything, as there is nothing broken in v4.6, as you are constantly being told. The bug was in previous versions, which you happened upon. 

Now is the time for you to to buckle down and do something for yourself, rather than expecting someone else to do it for you. 

Create a test library with a few dummy files in and see what happens. You might be shocked by how slick it all is in Emby. 

Have a nice day. 

• Like 2

gokuz
18 minutes ago, rodainas said:

I just tested it, Changed

image.png.3e943c3680fb69633b44796a9161377e.png

To this=====================================================================================================

image.png.da57fc2514e86029673a4893ec1c5bfc.png

This script is not rewriting. Its just adding to the end of the file as you can see here,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<episodedetails>
  <title>Kill the Darkness</title>
  <originaltitle/>
  <showtitle>Akame ga Kill!</showtitle>
  <season>1</season>
  <episode>1</episode>
  <displayseason>-1</displayseason>
  <displayepisode>-1</displayepisode>
  <id>4889060</id>
  <uniqueid default="true" type="tvdb">4889060</uniqueid>
  <rating>9.3</rating>
  <userrating>0.0</userrating>
  <votes>3</votes>
  <plot>Tatsumi heads for the capital despite warnings about the area's dark nature as he needs to raise money for his village. Shortly after arriving, Tatsumi is robbed by a woman and has to sleep in the streets. However, he is invited to the manor of a young rich girl named Aria. As he awaits his best friends, Sayo and Ieyasu, Tatsumi learns of an assassin group named Night Raid. One night, the group appears and starts killing Aria's family and their guards. Tatsumi faces Night Raid's Akame but their duel is interrupted by Leonne, the same woman who robbed him. Leonne reveals to Tatsumi that Aria and her family has tortured several people from the countryside including Ieyasu and Sayo, the latter already being dead. Tatsumi kills Aria just before Ieyasu dies and Leonne invites the young man to join their group.</plot>
  <runtime>25</runtime>
  <mpaa>TV-MA</mpaa>
  <premiered>2014-07-07</premiered>
  <aired>2014-07-07</aired>
  <watched>false</watched>
  <playcount/>
  <studio>Tokyo MX</studio>
  <credits>Makoto Uezu</credits>
  <credits>Tomoki Kobayashi</credits>
  <director>Tomoki Kobayashi</director>
  <trailer/>
  <dateadded>2019-09-01</dateadded>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <codec/>
        <aspect>0.0</aspect>
        <width>0</width>
        <height>0</height>
        <durationinseconds>0</durationinseconds>
        <stereomode/>
      </video>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
  <source>STREAM</source>
</episodedetails>
	<season>01</season>
	<episode>01</episode>
	<season>01</season>
	<episode>50</episode>
	<season>01</season>
	<episode>50</episode>
	<season>01</season>
	<episode>50</episode>

gokuz

17 minutes ago, CBers said:

@Luke isn't going to fix anything, as there is nothing broken in v4.6, as you are constantly being told. The bug was in previous versions, which you happened upon. 

You said nothing is broken and then said bug the next sentence.

Do check out my other thread where people gave me a hard time for asking for a fix too until @Luke graciously fixed it.

rodainas
37 minutes ago, gokuz said:

I just tested it, Changed

image.png.3e943c3680fb69633b44796a9161377e.png

To this=====================================================================================================

image.png.da57fc2514e86029673a4893ec1c5bfc.png

This script is not rewriting. Its just adding to the end of the file as you can see here,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<episodedetails>
  <title>Kill the Darkness</title>
  <originaltitle/>
  <showtitle>Akame ga Kill!</showtitle>
  <season>1</season>
  <episode>1</episode>
  <displayseason>-1</displayseason>
  <displayepisode>-1</displayepisode>
  <id>4889060</id>
  <uniqueid default="true" type="tvdb">4889060</uniqueid>
  <rating>9.3</rating>
  <userrating>0.0</userrating>
  <votes>3</votes>
  <plot>Tatsumi heads for the capital despite warnings about the area's dark nature as he needs to raise money for his village. Shortly after arriving, Tatsumi is robbed by a woman and has to sleep in the streets. However, he is invited to the manor of a young rich girl named Aria. As he awaits his best friends, Sayo and Ieyasu, Tatsumi learns of an assassin group named Night Raid. One night, the group appears and starts killing Aria's family and their guards. Tatsumi faces Night Raid's Akame but their duel is interrupted by Leonne, the same woman who robbed him. Leonne reveals to Tatsumi that Aria and her family has tortured several people from the countryside including Ieyasu and Sayo, the latter already being dead. Tatsumi kills Aria just before Ieyasu dies and Leonne invites the young man to join their group.</plot>
  <runtime>25</runtime>
  <mpaa>TV-MA</mpaa>
  <premiered>2014-07-07</premiered>
  <aired>2014-07-07</aired>
  <watched>false</watched>
  <playcount/>
  <studio>Tokyo MX</studio>
  <credits>Makoto Uezu</credits>
  <credits>Tomoki Kobayashi</credits>
  <director>Tomoki Kobayashi</director>
  <trailer/>
  <dateadded>2019-09-01</dateadded>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <codec/>
        <aspect>0.0</aspect>
        <width>0</width>
        <height>0</height>
        <durationinseconds>0</durationinseconds>
        <stereomode/>
      </video>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
  <source>STREAM</source>
</episodedetails>
	<season>01</season>
	<episode>01</episode>
	<season>01</season>
	<episode>50</episode>
	<season>01</season>
	<episode>50</episode>
	<season>01</season>
	<episode>50</episode>

Maybe try adjusting the script with a few more tests, or simply deleting the original season and episode lines, as these line numbers are constant in all your nfo files, you can delete them with something like notepad++ or a cli command to batch delete them, is just a matter or doing some more mini tests.

@gokuz Do you currently have an NFO for each file in this series?
I don't care if it's correct or not.

I ask because if you do have every NFO file you could ZIP up only the NFO files and upload it here.

Then each NFO file could be bulk renamed to strm file and I could load this series and reorder the way you want it to appear.

gokuz
3 minutes ago, rodainas said:

Maybe try adjusting the script with a few more tests, or simply deleting the original season and episode lines, as these line numbers are constant in all your nfo files, you can delete them with something like notepad++ or a cli command to batch delete them, is just a matter or doing some more mini tests.

I have no idea how to do that to be honest.

gokuz
3 minutes ago, cayars said:

@gokuz Do you currently have an NFO for each file in this series?
I don't care if it's correct or not.

I ask because if you do have every NFO file you could ZIP up only the NFO files and upload it here.

Then each NFO file could be bulk renamed to strm file and I could load this series and reorder the way you want it to appear.

NFO names are not the problem here. Its the variable INSIDE the NFO file.

Bulk rename is a simple matter anyone can do.

Edited by gokuz

I don't care about the contents of the file.  I'm going to rename each from NFO to STRM and use it as a placeholder only.

Each NFO could be blank or have anything written in it for my purpose.  It's just a quick way to replicate all files you have, nothing more or less than that.

gokuz
2 minutes ago, cayars said:

I don't care about the contents of the file. 

What?

The contents of the files are important, like Plot, Air date, Studio, etc.

Don't overthink this or try to understand what I'm going to do.  Can you give me the complete set of NFO files?
Like I said, I don't care about the contents of the file and you could even wipe it and it won't matter for my use.

• Like 2