marcelveldt

marcelveldt

@@marcelveldt

Hi Macrel

Is there any thing new on the extras (videos) front?

Yes, it should work out of the box with latest skin releases. Just press the button "video extras" in the info dialog

As far as I'm aware of there's no need to create the collection folders yourself, MediaBrowser will do this for you out of the box if you have the boxsets plugin installed on your MB3 server.

In the mediabrowser addon for Kodi there's a setting to "collapse" box sets, I believe it's enabled by default but I might be mistaking here.

@@Luke please correct me when I'm wrong here. This is the way it is supposed to work right ?

correct. there's a user profile setting for this as well on the server. ideally you shouldn't have a client-side setting and not even worry about it on the client and the server will take care of it.

marcelveldt

correct. there's a user profile setting for this as well on the server. ideally you shouldn't have a client-side setting and not even worry about it on the client and the server will take care of it.

Thanks for the reply. And if a user doesn't have the boxsets plugin and just organizes movies in folders, should that work to ?

I mean, like mentioned here:  http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/9255-titan-mediabrowser-skin-for-xbmc/page-53&do=findComment&comment=174550

I'm curious if this supported by MB3 server and if so if it's a bug in the kodi addon that the artwork isn't displayed.

pünktchen

Thanks for the reply. And if a user doesn't have the boxsets plugin and just organizes movies in folders, should that work to ?

I mean, like mentioned here: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/9255-titan-mediabrowser-skin-for-xbmc/page-53&do=findComment&comment=174550

I'm curious if this supported by MB3 server and if so if it's a bug in the kodi addon that the artwork isn't displayed.

I don't use the autoboxset plugin but create the boxsets manually in the webinterface ;) But they do not show in Kodi for single media collections (libraries) because Kodi request the folder view for that. @@xnappo

e123enitan

I don't use the autoboxset plugin but create the boxsets manually in the webinterface ;) But they do not show in Kodi for single media collections (libraries) because Kodi request the folder view for that. @@xnappo

This still baffles me, my file folder as disclosed in earlier thread have not change in years and always works with XBMB3 with no issue in displaying poster for multiple scenes content,also no display  issue in server, meaning, I can see poster for collection of scenes, it seems something have changed recently in Mediabrowser/Kodi addon that have prevents these set of file arrangement from populating posters.

As you suggested I have installed boxsets addon, in the server, yet makes no changes, I strongly think something is missing between server to client in the way they communicate,

If it wasn’t an issue in the past and It appears in server with no issue why is not displaying in client (Kodi) ?

Edited by e123enitan

blublub

Yes, it should work out of the box with latest skin releases. Just press the button "video extras" in the info dialog

Hi

ATM my Videoextras arent working at all and I did not change anything - I guess it is a Kodi 14.1 issue.

I will report back when I get it to work again

If the go to MB mode for movies and select a film I am part way through (in panel/thumbnail view) I get a small pop up asking if I want to resume or restart. If I press resume I then get a big popup in the middle of the screen asking me again to resume or restart.

Is this a skin bug?

StealthDefender

Hi @marcelveldt:

every week i give your skin a try, looks pretty nice! Good job so far !! :thumbup:

But i don´t know what it is, i have big problems.

First i dont understand the meaning of Films and AllFilms (Series, AllSeries) in the Home Menu.

Isn´t it the same? The biggest problem is that every time i go to home menu the skin or plugin (don´t know which one) load new data?

In other skins there is only loading when i enter a menu like films or series.

Sometimes it took one or two minutes to load.

Sometimes when i go to the settings it means i should activate the mediabrowser plugin?!?! It is, the whole time.

It´s a mess, i would use your skin because its beside 1080xf one of the most impressive themes around there.

But with all the errors/problems i have it is unusable for me.

Greetz Stealth

marcelveldt

Hi @marcelveldt:

every week i give your skin a try, looks pretty nice! Good job so far !! :thumbup:

But i don´t know what it is, i have big problems.

First i dont understand the meaning of Films and AllFilms (Series, AllSeries) in the Home Menu.

Isn´t it the same? The biggest problem is that every time i go to home menu the skin or plugin (don´t know which one) load new data?

In other skins there is only loading when i enter a menu like films or series.

Sometimes it took one or two minutes to load.

Sometimes when i go to the settings it means i should activate the mediabrowser plugin?!?! It is, the whole time.

It´s a mess, i would use your skin because its beside 1080xf one of the most impressive themes around there.

But with all the errors/problems i have it is unusable for me.

Greetz Stealth

Hmm, that's not good as it should run fantastic now, even on low power devices.

First; to turn of those loading messages simply turn off "show load progress" in the addonsettings. I will take a look in the code to hide the message by default on the homescreen.

The message appears because the widgets load content from the addon to fill the lists like "nextup episodes" etc.

What I really don't understand is why this takes 2 minutes in your case as it should only take a second or so to load this info. Or do you have a very large limit on those lists setup in the addon maybe ?

It refreshes the data once you enter the homescreen, this should also be seamless and without user interuptions.

Fo now I'd suggest you to turn off the load progress in the addonsettings, in the meanwhile I'm going to take a look at the skin's code again if any optimizations can be done.

Your last problem report I don't understand. What do you mean with activate the addon in settings ?

Could you make a screenshot maybe ?

BTW: for your comment about the redundant "movies" and "all movies"; this is already on my radar, see http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/17868-mb3-preferences-not-respected-by-kodi/&do=findComment&comment=175646

Basically this happens because I add the nodes from MediaBrowser in the menu by default AND the default "all movies" and "all tv shows" from Kodi are still shown. I'm going to remove the redundant ones from the default skin setting.

Edited by marcelveldt
  • Like 1

StealthDefender

Hi, thank you for reanswer my problem ;)

With the activate addon problem i mean that the skin dont let me choose which library mode i will use!

This is the section where i can activate plex and netflix and mediabrowser. Could also be another problem,

plugin related in any way (put an question in the plugin section as well!

I try the way you tell me to deactivate this setting.

What do you mean with "Or do you have a very large limit on those lists setup in the addon maybe ?"

Something seems to be wrong in my case, maybe i have to reinstall the whole system.

This is the thread i started after a while to tell what´s going on. Maybe yo see something in this. :)>LINK

Greetz Stealth

reluctantflux

Hi, thank you for reanswer my problem ;)

With the activate addon problem i mean that the skin dont let me choose which library mode i will use!

This is the section where i can activate plex and netflix and mediabrowser. Could also be another problem,

plugin related in any way (put an question in the plugin section as well!

I try the way you tell me to deactivate this setting.

What do you mean with "Or do you have a very large limit on those lists setup in the addon maybe ?"

Something seems to be wrong in my case, maybe i have to reinstall the whole system.

This is the thread i started after a while to tell what´s going on. Maybe yo see something in this. :)>LINK

Greetz Stealth

Not sure if this applies to you, but are you sure that your Mediabrowser add-on is both enabled and configured?  When I installed the MB add-on, after I configured it, it notified me that it was enabled, but when I went to the Titan skin library section, the Mediabrowser libraries were all greyed out.  I then went back to see if I configured something wrong, and found that my MB add-on was disabled.  I enabled it and then everything worked great.  

StealthDefender

Yes i am sure it is configured and enabled, use it since 6 month ;) !!!

Look in the link above where i post ma other problem, maybe it is another problem i have with my nuc´s standby/shutdown.

Greetz Stealth

I have a question regarding the homescreen tiles.

I have them show random backgrounds from their respective sections on a rotation. This works as expected, but I would like them to be on different/delayed timers.

Currently all tiles update their image at once. This kind of feels like a full refresh all X seconds. I would prefer "incremental" updates of the tiles.

Is this possible?

Edited by tube82

marcelveldt

I have a question regarding the homescreen tiles.

I have them show random backgrounds from their respective sections on a rotation. This works as expected, but I would like them to be on different/delayed timers.

Currently all tiles update their image at once. This kind of feels like a full refresh all X seconds. I would prefer "incremental" updates of the tiles.

Is this possible?

This refresh is done by the addon in a background worker and you're correct they all change at the same time.

Making them change all at a different interval would not be too great for performance I guess.

You can already change the default interval for the refresh; MediaBrowser addon settings --> artwork --> background art refresh rate

marcelveldt

Yes i am sure it is configured and enabled, use it since 6 month ;) !!!

Look in the link above where i post ma other problem, maybe it is another problem i have with my nuc´s standby/shutdown.

Greetz Stealth

Yes the problem is definitely related to your shutdown/standby issue.

The modded skins rely heavily on the background threads from the addon which set all kinds of so called window properties where the content is named, located etc. If these background threads fail the info is missing and so the skin looses all the items for MB3.

Why not use shutdown instead of the standby ? The startup time of a openelec/kodibuntu system is that short my personal feeling is that a standby is no longer needed

StealthDefender

Ok seems clear. But i think the nuc goes to shutdown, because i see a short time the kodi startup screen.

This means the system starts new or not?

You are right startup time with openelec is very fast.

marcelveldt

Ok seems clear. But i think the nuc goes to shutdown, because i see a short time the kodi startup screen.

This means the system starts new or not?

You are right startup time with openelec is very fast.

Yes you'd say that if you see the splash screen. Isn't this a problem where the network connection is not ready yet at startup ?

I had this issue with one of my own httpc's in home and added a delay somewhere in the startup routine to get the network running at startup

StealthDefender

Morning, thx this is a very great community here. I give it a try and hope it fixes something.

The other tips you gave me a few posts before realised a more usable system for me.

One thing, when you mean to put a delay for network usage where can i do that in openelec?

I dont find any entry at this time. :D

Greetz Stealth

pünktchen

Morning, thx this is a very great community here. I give it a try and hope it fixes something.

The other tips you gave me a few posts before realised a more usable system for me.

One thing, when you mean to put a delay for network usage where can i do that in openelec?

Greetz Stealth

Ask @@ThermoDust

Greetz Stealth

create autostart.sh and add sleep 20 or whatever number you like

• Like 1

StealthDefender

create autostart.sh and add sleep 20 or whatever number you like

Ok first thank you for comment, i know the autostart (i have create one long time ago, don´t know why :D )

can you explain a bit clearer what command i need to ths? I am a noob for this (some google search brings no clear answer to me)

Greetz Stealth