marcelveldt

marcelveldt

Something is a miss. When I use the skin settings to change the commands to "Kodi" functions suspend and reboot work fine. At least with that change my setup works how I want

I'll take a look at the skinshortcuts sourcecode if I can see any error and submit it to the current maintainers of the script.

You were able to fix it after you manually assigned the buttons to the submenu or did you enter the command yourself to fix it ?

jasonmcroy

Hi Marcel,

I haven't had to post in a while here since the skin has been working great for me and all of your changes have been awesome! Thanks for putting in so much time and effort with this one.

Today, I saw that there is an update available for the skin. However, every time I hit the update button it tries for like a second and then stops trying to update. I have had this happen once before and hitting "force refresh" on the repo worked but that isn't working this time for some reason. I am on the Beta Repo by the way. Any ideas what may be happening? I had another plugin update available earlier today and that went fine.

My second question is regarding Music related Fanart background images. The skin seems to pull the Fanart images that are Album covers instead of Artist pictures. Is there any way to change this? There are two reasons I ask: I use the Coverart plugin and it creates the CD cover look for album covers. When the skin uses those for backgrounds it doesn't look very good when expanded to 1080 on the TV. Plus, Media Browser downloads images for the album covers that are 200x200 and blowing that image size up makes it look terrible. I have gone into the Meta data manager and changed some of the images to a larger image size but I have a LOT of music and it would take me forever to change them all.

If the skin would pull the Artist images instead of the Album cover images it would handle this issue because all of those images are larger in size and would look nicer. I don't know if it's the skin pulling those images or the plugin itself.

Thanks,

-Jason

marcelveldt

@@jasonmcroy, thanks for the feedback, I do my best to keep improving the skin. Latest beta's provide you with tons of customization options and I've also added some new homescreen layouts.

Currently there seems to be a problem with the beta repo. I received lot's of complaints of the kodi repo last hours that the skin download is unavailable at the moment. I've just contacted @@bigjohn about this, who's in control of the hosting stuff. It should be fixed soon (I hope).

About the music fanart images: Do you mean the fanart that is displayed on the tile and background of the homescreen ?

The code for those images is in the addon itself, I will take a look if I can spot the error, it should offcourse show artist fanart images and not the album covers...

jasonmcroy

Ok, I will wait and try later to download the update.

On the music images. - yes, I mean the tile and background images. However, I use my own custom tile images, so I am not sure what the tile displays if I was not doing my own. Sometimes the background images are artist fanart, but the images rotate and sometimes will show the album covers as well.

Thanks for your help!

-Jason

steve1977

I am making yet another attempt to install Titan on my RPi. This may well be an impossible task to achieve given my extensive library with 5,000+ movies. Still want to give it a shot.

Any advice on what to do / disable to make the skin somewhat smooth? Right now with all default options, it is basically unusable as it is just too slow.

marcelveldt

I am making yet another attempt to install Titan on my RPi. This may well be an impossible task to achieve given my extensive library with 5,000+ movies. Still want to give it a shot.

Any advice on what to do / disable to make the skin somewhat smooth? Right now with all default options, it is basically unusable as it is just too slow.

Use the beta of the skin as it has optimizations in particular for the pi...

e123enitan

Hi Marcel,

I haven't had to post in a while here since the skin has been working great for me and all of your changes have been awesome! Thanks for putting in so much time and effort with this one.

Today, I saw that there is an update available for the skin. However, every time I hit the update button it tries for like a second and then stops trying to update. I have had this happen once before and hitting "force refresh" on the repo worked but that isn't working this time for some reason. I am on the Beta Repo by the way. Any ideas what may be happening? I had another plugin update available earlier today and that went fine.

My second question is regarding Music related Fanart background images. The skin seems to pull the Fanart images that are Album covers instead of Artist pictures. Is there any way to change this? There are two reasons I ask: I use the Coverart plugin and it creates the CD cover look for album covers. When the skin uses those for backgrounds it doesn't look very good when expanded to 1080 on the TV. Plus, Media Browser downloads images for the album covers that are 200x200 and blowing that image size up makes it look terrible. I have gone into the Meta data manager and changed some of the images to a larger image size but I have a LOT of music and it would take me forever to change them all.

If the skin would pull the Artist images instead of the Album cover images it would handle this issue because all of those images are larger in size and would look nicer. I don't know if it's the skin pulling those images or the plugin itself.

Thanks,

-Jason

Same here, I have tried several times since yesterday till this morning it never seems to update, I initial thought it was my system issue, but  same happen on andriod, and Win system.

e123enitan

@@jasonmcroy, thanks for the feedback, I do my best to keep improving the skin. Latest beta's provide you with tons of customization options and I've also added some new homescreen layouts.

Currently there seems to be a problem with the beta repo. I received lot's of complaints of the kodi repo last hours that the skin download is unavailable at the moment. I've just contacted @@bigjohn about this, who's in control of the hosting stuff. It should be fixed soon (I hope).

About the music fanart images: Do you mean the fanart that is displayed on the tile and background of the homescreen ?

The code for those images is in the addon itself, I will take a look if I can spot the error, it should offcourse show artist fanart images and not the album covers...

Thanks, I did not read this, appreciate you supports.

Have a spendid weekend

Edited by e123enitan

dark_slayer

I'll take a look at the skinshortcuts sourcecode if I can see any error and submit it to the current maintainers of the script.

You were able to fix it after you manually assigned the buttons to the submenu or did you enter the command yourself to fix it ?

No just entered "change" for the skinshortcut generated reboot and suspend commands and chose "Kodi built in commands" then reboot and suspend accordingly

I didn't have this issue in windows, and I don't think I had it in OE before. I just rebuilt OE on a four partition steamOS+OE USB, and it just want working out of the box. Not much effort to switch though

marcel thank you very much for add the background animation, i dont know if know when playing music animate dont work on fanart full screen

i fund a bug on the home screen on tv shows section, i have on in progress if i click on the show it wont play it it just open the library and and also dont show the episodes thumb, it show only the tv season poster

marcelveldt

Hi all, I just uploaded beta version 3.2.47 to the beta repo. This should fix the issues mentioned here.

When all is fine (no issues are found) with this release it's time to push this to the stable release of the skin.

Thanks all for extended testing and feedback!

pünktchen

For me it is totally broken now :(  

1. If i use a shortcut from homescreen to a mediabrowser library the "backspace" button doesn't work any more, only "Escape".

If i try it a second time the library screen is empty.

2. If i go to the Mediabrowser library via Video-addons, the "Backspace" button is working but text and pictures are doubled and screen is flickering!

Nr. 1 gets better if i disable "extrafanart" in the settings.

Nr. 1 and 2 behaves normal if i completely disable "fanarts".

marcelveldt

1. If i use a shortcut from homescreen to a mediabrowser library the "backspace" button doesn't work any more, only "Escape".

2. If i go to the Mediabrowser library via Video-addons, the "Backspace" button is working but text and pictures are doubled and screen is flickering!

I notice the same behaviour here on my testsetup. Doesn't happen with normal kodi library.

I'm going to find out if it's a kodi issue or skinrelated

marcelveldt

Fixed it, there was an error in my method to get the extrafanart background. Fixed in new beta of the skin (.48) available on the repo within a few minutes.

pünktchen

Fixed it, there was an error in my method to get the extrafanart background. Fixed in new beta of the skin (.48) available on the repo within a few minutes.

Checked! Thanks!

ps. Sometimes i still get a flickering screen when i enter or leave a Mediabrowser library (with or without fanart).

Didn't happened in earlier versions, before your fanart/speed optimizations.

But it's a minor thing and i can live with that if it helps people with low end hardware.

marcelveldt

Checked! Thanks!

ps. Sometimes i still get a flickering screen when i enter or leave a Mediabrowser library (with or without fanart).

Didn't happened in earlier versions, before your fanart/speed optimizations.

But it's a minor thing and i can live with that if it helps people with low end hardware.

Great! I couldn't reproduce your issue with the flickering screen, did you restart kodi after installing the latest update ?

I did some more tweaking in another beta and then it should be stable enough to be published to the main repo.

Please let me know if you still experience the flickering screen, I have no idea what that could be...

pünktchen

Great! I couldn't reproduce your issue with the flickering screen, did you restart kodi after installing the latest update ?

I did some more tweaking in another beta and then it should be stable enough to be published to the main repo.

Please let me know if you still experience the flickering screen, I have no idea what that could be...

Yes, restarted Kodi  :unsure:

But maybe i found another small bug: When a video is playing in the background (visible or not via settings makes no difference)

and i enter a library, i get a notification about titan.helper.script error. But all seems to work normal.

EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
                                            Error Contents: local variable 'win' referenced before assignment
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\pünktchen\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.titanskin.helpers\default.py", line 67, in <module>
                                                MainModule.checkExtraFanArt()
                                              File "C:\Users\pünktchen\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.titanskin.helpers\resources\lib\MainModule.py", line 330, in checkExtraFanArt
                                                win.clearProperty("ExtraFanArtPath")
                                            UnboundLocalError: local variable 'win' referenced before assignment
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

pünktchen

Yes, restarted Kodi  :unsure:

But maybe i found another small bug: When a video is playing in the background (visible or not via settings makes no difference)

and i enter a library, i get a notification about titan.helper.script error. But all seems to work normal.

EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
                                            Error Contents: local variable 'win' referenced before assignment
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\pünktchen\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.titanskin.helpers\default.py", line 67, in <module>
                                                MainModule.checkExtraFanArt()
                                              File "C:\Users\pünktchen\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.titanskin.helpers\resources\lib\MainModule.py", line 330, in checkExtraFanArt
                                                win.clearProperty("ExtraFanArtPath")
                                            UnboundLocalError: local variable 'win' referenced before assignment
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

No exception anymore with 3.2.49   :D

Edited by pünktchen
  • Like 1

pünktchen

The flickering seems to be gone if i play a video first. Very strange!!!

I will test some of those dirty region tricks in advancedsettings.xml. Maybe that helps.

No need for you to investigate this problem further.

pünktchen

One more thing then i will shut up at last :lol:

Still no autoscrolling for the description in pvr recordings...

puithove

@@marcelveldt - been loving the recent changes.  Saw one little issue with the collapsing widget though - the "Submenu" title stays when the widget shrinks:

Confirmed - fixed.

reluctantflux

Is it possible to get rid of the call sign and just show the logos in the EPG?  Then shrink the logo field?

post-8787-0-99062800-1423063575_thumb.jpg

Edited by reluctantflux

e123enitan

Hi mercel thanks for making the change to the menu bar (confluence) it looks nicer,

one other issue I have noticed worth mentioning is when select power off bottom on android set, it just simple closed Kodi, whiles on Wins7 the whole system short down, is there a reason why Titan  behaves differently I would I have thought power off mean shot down across board regardless of the system.

Secondly is a way to clear cache on android box without going to android to clear cache/data, the reason I asked, I noticed after several Titan update, plus adding new movies and making changes to My library, MB3/Kodi movies loads repeats twice meaning after loading 1000 movies, then it start over again.
I have reported this issue in past, and I recalled it was mentioned that it is due to dirty cache between client and server, also I recalled you  wrote a patched to stop this recurrence, but this repeats  still continues.

To overcome this issue, I will open android> setting>app>Kodi and clean cache, restart Kodi configuration from scratch, this seem to work but not efficient as I have to reset MB3 add on from beginning which very annoying, should i post a log if that would help to  trouble shoot,  pls let me know.

Thz

Edited by e123enitan