marcelveldt

blublub

Ah, now I get what you mean. You have some special video files...

Please try this: in kodi install the addon "video extras". If you have it installed the skin should show an extra button in that info screen to get you to the extra's. I've build that for native kodi library but it might just work too with mediabrowser.

Ok I installed the Video-Extras addon and configured it according to the Kodi wiki.

The xtras do show up under -> Addons -> Video extras

I do not see them in Titan skin, neither in MBS sections nor in standard library - I do not use MBS integration so its easy to check both for me since I use standard Kodi library as fail-safe if MBS brakes.

marcelveldt

HI Marcel - Any thought on building Titan skin for MB Classic? Other skins like Neo, Xneo etc are currently available, but would be awesome! have almighty Titan :lol: , Should I open a I thread for this topic? 

Cheers!

Well, I actually I stepped away from MS WMC (despite I liked it's quality a lot) because Microsoft decided to let it die.

My personal opinion is that other httpc software is way further developed then wmc so it's not very likely I'm going to create a skin for MB Classic but you'll never know. Also I don't think it's very easy to migrate a kodi skin to MBC but I can be wronf off course.

You were also a Kodi user ? Or do you also use MBC ?

marcelveldt

Ok I installed the Video-Extras addon and configured it according to the Kodi wiki.

The xtras do show up under -> Addons -> Video extras

I do not see them in Titan skin, neither in MBS sections nor in standard library - I do not use MBS integration so its easy to check both for me since I use standard Kodi library as fail-safe if MBS brakes.

Should be in infodialog... maybe scroll a bit to the right on the buttons ?

Did you restart kodi after installing the addon ?

Or maybe you have to enable the setting in the addon itself --> "force extras button"

Edited by marcelveldt

e123enitan

Well, I actually I stepped away from MS WMC (despite I liked it's quality a lot) because Microsoft decided to let it die.

My personal opinion is that other httpc software is way further developed then wmc so it's not very likely I'm going to create a skin for MB Classic but you'll never know. Also I don't think it's very easy to migrate a kodi skin to MBC but I can be wronf off course.

You were also a Kodi user ? Or do you also use MBC ?

2 Bad, agreed with you on the note that WMC is no longer supported, but due to my large base collections, MBC/MBT provide a faster way for retriving movies, Kodi racing in/out thorough files can be annoying at times, but a lot of provement have made to speed which great better still MBT will eventuallly have Titan option :)

xnappo

Wow really?  I find the latest Kodi AddOn to be much faster than MBC.  Maybe if you go in to 'All Movies' a lot it is slow, but the general navigation is a lot faster on my machine.

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

dark_slayer

Well, I have to ask at this point

When setting up the add-on and Titan Helix all from the beta repo the default "skin shortcuts" setup will add

• Movies
  • TV Shows
  • All Movies
  • All TV Shows

Which one is supposed to be left for fast processing (if fast processing is enabled of course) ?? 

I've just left my intel kodibuntu box alone for a while, and it has worked quite well for some time. Retrying kodi/MB on the nexus player though and both all movies and movies home tiles seem the same (and all options are pretty slow and klunky still, just wanted to try the best possible options)

marcelveldt

Well, I have to ask at this point

When setting up the add-on and Titan Helix all from the beta repo the default "skin shortcuts" setup will add

• Movies
  • TV Shows
  • All Movies
  • All TV Shows

Which one is supposed to be left for fast processing (if fast processing is enabled of course) ?? 

I've just left my intel kodibuntu box alone for a while, and it has worked quite well for some time. Retrying kodi/MB on the nexus player though and both all movies and movies home tiles seem the same (and all options are pretty slow and klunky still, just wanted to try the best possible options)

The "Movies" and "Tv Shows" are the names of your media folders as how you've set them up in MB3 server. If you setup multiple media folders you'll get multiple tiles; one for each media folder you've setup. In my own situation I use this to seperate kids movies and 3d movies from "normal" movies.

In your case you only have 1 folder setup for both movies and tvshows so those tiles are redundant, all movies will show exactly the same as "movies" so I'd suggest you to remove those tiles from the menu. You can easiliy do that within the skin settings.

To answer your question: It doesn't matter which of the tiles you start as both have the "fast processing" enabled.

Another PVR related request. Would you be able to add support for the NextPVR record dialog? If I try to record something I end up getting a C++ error from the PVR dll. Confluence has support for it, and I don't get the error so I'm thinking it is the skin not calling it correctly.

I'm trying to move away from WMC but so far have been tied to it as my PVR.

Thanks again for all the fast changes.

marcelveldt

Another PVR related request. Would you be able to add support for the NextPVR record dialog? If I try to record something I end up getting a C++ error from the PVR dll. Confluence has support for it, and I don't get the error so I'm thinking it is the skin not calling it correctly.

I'm trying to move away from WMC but so far have been tied to it as my PVR.

Thanks again for all the fast changes.

Yeah I have to code support for those special PVR dialogs. So far I coded ServerWMC, DVBLink and MediaPortal in the skin.

Will take a look at skinning it but as I don't have NextPVR, I have to code it "blind", could you maybe test it in the beta for me ?

EDIT: I inclded support for the nextpvr in the custom series recordings dialog. like I said I had to do it blind because i dont have nextpvr setup but it was pretty much the same as for serverwmc and dvblink so I think it's fine, please check it out in the latest beta of the skin: version 3.2.41

Edited by marcelveldt

EDIT: I inclded support for the nextpvr in the custom series recordings dialog. like I said I had to do it blind because i dont have nextpvr setup but it was pretty much the same as for serverwmc and dvblink so I think it's fine, please check it out in the latest beta of the skin: version 3.2.41

Checking it out now. I can get the recording dialog, but for some reason it doesn't seem to have focus so I can't control it with the remote. Using the mouse to set a recording seems to work fine though. 

marcelveldt

Checking it out now. I can get the recording dialog, but for some reason it doesn't seem to have focus so I can't control it with the remote. Using the mouse to set a recording seems to work fine though.

Ok thanks for testing, I'll add a focus to the controls tomorrow

Hi,

Thank you for the amazing skin! 

I have a few questions:

1) How to get an album view for music? By default it lists all songs from MB and I couldn't find a way to group them in albums. Recently added albums don't show anything either.

2) For home videos, is it possible to change default view in one folder and all folders inside will use the same view?

3) What is the difference between "Movies" and "All Movies" tiles?

4) Pictures section only allows me to choose plugins, I assume it is a limitation of XBMB3C?

5) Whether doesn't seem to work, it detects my city but couldn't display any data there.

6) I couldn't figure out how to sign in to youtube, I went to the activate page but didn't get any code there......

PS. I posted the same questions in KODI forum as well.

Edited by somy

blublub

Should be in infodialog... maybe scroll a bit to the right on the buttons ?

Did you restart kodi after installing the addon ?

Or maybe you have to enable the setting in the addon itself --> "force extras button"

Hi

I checked config of video-extras and checked "force button". Kodi is restarted many times now :-)

The button now appears with the beta skin of Titan but when I click on it nothing happens - so actually not working.

However the button does not show up with the stable skin version.

I still can see my extras when I gi "add on -> video extras -> movie xy"

marcelveldt

Hi,

Thank you for the amazing skin! 

I have a few questions:

1) How to get an album view for music? By default it lists all songs from MB and I couldn't find a way to group them in albums. Recently added albums don't show anything either.

2) For home videos, is it possible to change default view in one folder and all folders inside will use the same view?

3) What is the difference between "Movies" and "All Movies" tiles?

4) Pictures section only allows me to choose plugins, I assume it is a limitation of XBMB3C?

5) Whether doesn't seem to work, it detects my city but couldn't display any data there.

6) I couldn't figure out how to sign in to youtube, I went to the activate page but didn't get any code there......

1) There should be an entry for albums in the submenu, otherwise you can change/add it yourself in the skin settings --> configure menu tiles.

Please note that the music section of the MediaBrowser addon isn't very well developed yet. My personal recommendation at the moment will be to use native Kodi for music at the moment.

2) Currently not possible as homevideos is not yet a supported media type in the addon. I'll add it to the feature request list of the addon.

3) Movies would be whatever you typed in the media collections in the server. If you only have 1 collection that tile is redundant.

4) No, error in the stable skin.This is fixed in the beta. For now just remove the submenu entries from the pictures tile in skin settings --> configure home tiles.

Please note that pictures section isn't developed 100% in the addon yet, it has some flaws still like all pictures listed in 1 list and not recognized as pictures by kodi.

5) Should work, what weather addon do you use ? I tested that Yahoo weather is working fine.

6) Fixed in the beta of the addon, will provide a new stable within a few days.

marcelveldt

Hi

I checked config of video-extras and checked "force button". Kodi is restarted many times now :-)

The button now appears with the beta skin of Titan but when I click on it nothing happens - so actually not working.

However the button does not show up with the stable skin version.

I still can see my extras when I gi "add on -> video extras -> movie xy"

OK, thanks for testing. I will check it out later today for you if I can dind out what's wrong.

Maybe something has changed in the addon since I integrated it in the skin

I discovered a problem in 3.2.41 with widgets of MB3 media folder tiles on the home screen.

I can switch between "Recently added", "Next up" and "In progress", but the displayed items don't change. They are always "Recently added".

This doesn't occur for "All movies" and "All TV Shows".

[Edit]

And some feedback on the zoom in 'Thumbs' view. I love it! :)

One thing I noticed though: If an item of the bottom row is selected the zoomed in thumb overlaps with the footer bar.

This is a VERY minor complaint, but since a solution is already implemented in some other views (Panel details, Panel wall, Banner plex,...) I thought I'd still mention it.

In those views, the bottom row never has the selection. Instead, scrolling takes place, leaving the selection in the second lowest row.

In my option this should be the default scrolling behaviour in all views with 3 or more rows. It just feels more sophisticated ;)

Edited by tube82

e123enitan

Wow really?  I find the latest Kodi AddOn to be much faster than MBC.  Maybe if you go in to 'All Movies' a lot it is slow, but the general navigation is a lot faster on my machine.

My comment is suggesting MBT& BMC out perform KodiMB3 addon, in my view KodiMB3 add-on overshadows anything I have tested; navigating is snappier, faster speed and stability is robust that is why I remain loyal to KodiMB3/Titan until otherwise. However, if one consider how movie files are retrieved in MBT or MBC it is quicker, no as a result of KodiMB3 addon deficiency but my understanding this relates to Kodi file structure I may be wrong. :)

• Like 1

marcelveldt

I discovered a problem in 3.2.41 with widgets of MB3 media folder tiles on the home screen.

I can switch between "Recently added", "Next up" and "In progress", but the displayed items don't change. They are always "Recently added".

This doesn't occur for "All movies" and "All TV Shows".

[Edit]

And some feedback on the zoom in 'Thumbs' view. I love it! :)

One thing I noticed though: If an item of the bottom row is selected the zoomed in thumb overlaps with the footer bar.

This is a VERY minor complaint, but since a solution is already implemented in some other views (Panel details, Panel wall, Banner plex,...) I thought I'd still mention it.

In those views, the bottom row never has the selection. Instead, scrolling takes place, leaving the selection in the second lowest row.

In my option this should be the default scrolling behaviour in all views with 3 or more rows. It just feels more sophisticated ;)

Thanks for the catch, I'll fix it and provide new beta tonight.

• Like 1

1) There should be an entry for albums in the submenu, otherwise you can change/add it yourself in the skin settings --> configure menu tiles.

Please note that the music section of the MediaBrowser addon isn't very well developed yet. My personal recommendation at the moment will be to use native Kodi for music at the moment.

2) Currently not possible as homevideos is not yet a supported media type in the addon. I'll add it to the feature request list of the addon.

3) Movies would be whatever you typed in the media collections in the server. If you only have 1 collection that tile is redundant.

4) No, error in the stable skin.This is fixed in the beta. For now just remove the submenu entries from the pictures tile in skin settings --> configure home tiles.

Please note that pictures section isn't developed 100% in the addon yet, it has some flaws still like all pictures listed in 1 list and not recognized as pictures by kodi.

5) Should work, what weather addon do you use ? I tested that Yahoo weather is working fine.

6) Fixed in the beta of the addon, will provide a new stable within a few days.

Thank you, and sorry for the double postings!

XiaNYdE

Hi there, firstly thanks for an awesome skin, just switched over to Kodi from MBT and enjoying the many more features immensely :) and this skin makes it even more pleasurable, i have a small request if i may...

Would it be possible to get a copy of the default image you use for the Music/Music Video categories, while i found the wallpaper you used to create it i cannot for the life of me get it cropped/edited the same and it doesn't seem to cache anywhere that i can grab it from and i would really like to keep this as the default image, but it dissapears when i point to my relevant collections and as i don't have backgound images set for those collections i end up with tv backgrounds tiling on the menu screen for both music and music video.

Here is a link to the wallpaper i am referring to, if you could post your default image that would be great, thank you.

Edited by XiaNYdE
  • Like 1

marcelveldt

Hi there, firstly thanks for an awesome skin, just switched over to Kodi from MBT and enjoying the many more features immensely :) and this skin makes it even more pleasurable, i have a small request if i may...

Would it be possible to get a copy of the default image you use for the Music/Music Video categories, while i found the wallpaper you used to create it i cannot for the life of me get it cropped/edited the same and it doesn't seem to cache anywhere that i can grab it from and i would really like to keep this as the default image, but it dissapears when i point to my relevant collections and as i don't have backgound images set for those collections i end up with tv backgrounds tiling on the menu screen for both music and music video.

Here you go... (see attachment)

BTW: You can select this image when you go into the skin settings --> edit homescreen.

There's a list of icons to choose from.

Be sure you use the beta of the skin, this hasn't made it into the stable yet.

post-1228-0-51845500-1422387654_thumb.png

Edited by marcelveldt
  • Like 2

XiaNYdE

Here you go... (see attachment)

BTW: You can select this image when you go into the skin settings --> edit homescreen.

There's a list of icons to choose from.

Be sure you use the beta of the skin, this hasn't made it into the stable yet.

:D  thank you so very much

XiaNYdE

@marcelveldt just tried the beta as suggested mate, nice that the default images are now there, but there is a problem when selecting browse to add your own image, it seems to only point to one of my optical drives and i am unable to navigate anywhere else.

Edited by XiaNYdE