marcelveldt

boywhosetsfire

Marcel, with your first commit you also changed the settings.xml back to an older state without PlaylistUpdater. I guess this was not intended, right?

marcelveldt

nope, that wasn't intended. Did you revert it already or should I do that?

Marcel, with your first commit you also changed the settings.xml back to an older state without PlaylistUpdater. I guess this was not intended, right?

marcelveldt

Hi, first I'd like to say that the skin is getting better and better with each version. It's impressing!

But I also wanted so share a few things I noticed. Since I can't see the new version on the repo yet these things are based on 2.0.20.

Hi, I found the bug in the xbmb3c add-on what caused the wrong thumb to display, fixed that one.

There's a new version of the xbmb3c addon available and the skin on the repo (between now and 1 hour because of replication), could you please try that out ?

It is fixed in xbmb3c version 0.9.602 and skin version 2.0.24

marcelveldt

Just reverted it.

Thanks! For the record: that change wasn't included in the release so no problem there.

I just had a look at 2.0.24. The used thumbs now look great!

Another suggestion: I think season and episode number of episodes should be visible somewhere in the widget.

saitoh183

Im liking this skin so far.

But i would have a suggestion for the Sort Home tiles. It needs to be easier...I setup all my tile menus and it placed them in a bad order and some tiles ended up at the near bottom of the sort list and to move them up is god slow cuz after the screen refresh, i have to scroll all the way back down to move it one space....It would be better if you can select the tile then select the position you want to place it . Also i dont know if this is the proper way the up and down work but when i select down and then click on the tile, it moves up one space and vis versa if i select UP as the direction.

• Like 1

marcelveldt

Im liking this skin so far.

But i would have a suggestion for the Sort Home tiles. It needs to be easier...I setup all my tile menus and it placed them in a bad order and some tiles ended up at the near bottom of the sort list and to move them up is god slow cuz after the screen refresh, i have to scroll all the way back down to move it one space....It would be better if you can select the tile then select the position you want to place it . Also i dont know if this is the proper way the up and down work but when i select down and then click on the tile, it moves up one space and vis versa if i select UP as the direction.

Just to let you know.. I'm currently switching to to the skin-shortcuts script which allows me to create a very flexible system for the whole menu management.

This solves the issues you describe and you get very nice features:

- create menu's and submenu's to anywhere in the system

- set images, backgrounds, widgets yourself

- allow background per-tile instead of per-section

- more concenient way of sorting

- etc.

Because the script fits perfectly in how I had things scripted before I think this change should be available very soon!

• Like 4

saitoh183

Just to let you know.. I'm currently switching to to the skin-shortcuts script which allows me to create a very flexible system for the whole menu management.

This solves the issues you describe and you get very nice features:

- create menu's and submenu's to anywhere in the system

- set images, backgrounds, widgets yourself

- allow background per-tile instead of per-section

- more concenient way of sorting

- etc.

Because the script fits perfectly in how I had things scripted before I think this change should be available very soon!

Great news :)

saitoh183

I dont know if there is something wrong with the skin or its something else but every time i enter tvshow and start to scroll shows, the skin will, on its own, change the view to list and then im force to switch it back to banner plex..its really annoying and there doesnt seem to be any error in the log to indicate why....It only happens the first time i enter. if after it happens, i go back out and in again, it doesnt seems to happen.

***Update***

I seems to happen even if i just enter the tvshow menu and just wait a few seconds, it switches to list view, then i can hit Back to exit and go back in and its back to my banner plex view and it doesnt happen again till the next time i exit.

At first i thought it could be because it was using the view option that allows you to associate different views to each level, but this skin doesnt seem to have that option like other skins.

***Update***

I think i narrowed it down to when i enter a menu item that is in list view (ie: Video add-on) and then go into Tvshow that is in banner plex, it will change to list view

Edited by saitoh183

marcelveldt

At first i thought it could be because it was using the view option that allows you to associate different views to each level, but this skin doesnt seem to have that option like other skins.

My skin sets the view options itself and keeps it in sync. So no need for extra dialogs to set your preferences, it just "reminds" your preference for the views, just like how it works when you're using regular libraries. I assume you're using MediaBrowser for the libraries right ?

I think i narrowed it down to when i enter a menu item that is in list view (ie: Video add-on) and then go into Tvshow that is in banner plex, it will change to list view

Great to hear you narrowed it down to that. I will replicate the issue myself and get back to you. Sounds like a bug, but it could also be default XBMC behaviour. Did you try this in another skin like confluence ?

Off course, if it's a bug I'll fix it :-)

EDIT: I think I found the issue and I made a quick fix for it which is available in the new beta version...

Please try again with the beta version and let me know...

Edited by marcelveldt

marcelveldt

NEW BETA VERSION AVAILABLE --> Version 2.1.0

There is a new beta version of the skin available of the skin on the XBMB3C (mediabrowser) repo.

Besides a great amount of fixes and polishing of some things there are really great features added:

1. switch to skinshortcuts script

I decided to adjust my whole skin and adopt the superior skinshortcuts-script in order to make the whole menu-system more flexibele, stable and to fix some things that where a bit of a pain before (like sorting the menu and setting options).

2. new (user friendly) settings screen to manage home screen

- All of the settings that are home-menu related can now be done from one screen!

- Endless creation of your own tiles to any point in the system you want.

- create your own submenu's and set widgets

- mix sources from different libraries in the menu's

- set backgrounds on a per-tile base (defaults are provided)

3. custom background for loginscreen

You can now set a personal background for the loginscreen

4. option to set the background overlay

set the background overlay to the darker or white (snow) theme.

5. German language for skin-only strings
Thanks to XBMC user PeteTheBeat !

IMPORTANT NOTE:

The switch to the new system for managing the home menu's has a lot of advantages. Unfortunately there's also a downside...

If you had custom tile images or even custom tiles set they will not be migrated if you update to this beta.

I tried to create some migration scripts but this simply wasn't possible without a lot of dirty hacking.

Basically you just have to add your own custom tiles and backgrounds again but with the new settings screen for that it will be very easy to do.

I provide a very good set of default home menu items so you won't have a big problem.

I think that in 95% of the cases all tiles will be there again so no problems with the wife calling she can't watch a movie ;-)

No other skin settings will be lost so if you had the skin setup before to use MediaBrowser it still will be and even the custom collection tiles will be loaded etc. etc.

NOTE ABOUT CUSTOM TILES TO MB3 COLLECTIONS:

The MB3 collections ARE available but they're all listed as "custom location" under the MediaBrowser library node.

That's because I have some issues with retrieving the window properties from the skinshortcuts-script. Will contact the author of the script to figure out a way to do that.For now just pick one and you can see on the home screen which one it was...

Offcourse you can also add the tiles with goiing to Video Add-ons --> XBMB3C --> pick any item you want.

Recommended is to do it through the method mentoid before as you get widget support with that (submenu's will also be added in later release).

NOTE ABOUT TILES ON HOME:

If you used a skin in the past that also makes use of the skinshortcuts-scripts, for example Black Glass Nova, than the enrties will be used that you've specified in that skin. My tip is when you don't really like the homescreen tiles or you see weird behaviour is to reset the shortcuts. There's a button for that in the editscreen for the menu.

If you find any issues, please let me know!

Edited by marcelveldt
  • Like 1

saitoh183

NEW BETA VERSION AVAILABLE --> Version 2.1.0

There is a new beta version of the skin available of the skin on the XBMB3C (mediabrowser) repo.

Besides a great amount of fixes and polishing of some things there are really great features added:

1. switch to skinshortcuts script

I decided to adjust my whole skin and adopt the superior skinshortcuts-script in order to make the whole menu-system more flexibele, stable and to fix some things that where a bit of a pain before (like sorting the menu and setting options).

2. new (user friendly) settings screen to manage home screen

- All of the settings that are home-menu related can now be done from one screen!

- Endless creation of your own tiles to any point in the system you want.

- create your own submenu's and set widgets

- mix sources from different libraries in the menu's

- set backgrounds on a per-tile base (defaults are provided)

3. custom background for loginscreen

You can now set a personal background for the loginscreen

4. option to set the background overlay

set the background overlay to the darker or white (snow) theme.

5. German language for skin-only strings

Thanks to XBMC user PeteTheBeat !

IMPORTANT NOTE:

The switch to the new system for managing the home menu's has a lot of advantages. Unfortunately there's also a downside...

If you had custom tile images or even custom tiles set they will not be migrated if you update to this beta.

I tried to create some migration scripts but this simply wasn't possible without a lot of dirty hacking.

Basically you just have to add your own custom tiles and backgrounds again but with the new settings screen for that it will be very easy to do.

I provide a very good set of default home menu items so you won't have a big problem.

I think that in 95% of the cases all tiles will be there again so no problems with the wife calling she can't watch a movie ;-)

No other skin settings will be lost so if you had the skin setup before to use MediaBrowser it still will be and even the custom collection tiles will be loaded etc. etc.

NOTE 2:

This update is a beta version ONLY available on the XBMB3C repo.

If it' proven stable it will be available on the main XBMC repo within the next week.

If you find any issues, please let me know!

I think i forgot to mention that im using the helix version. Is there a update for that one also? I have the repo 1.03 installed

***Edit***

Nvm...i had to reinstall the 1.02 repo

Edited by saitoh183

saitoh183

In the previous version, we had a section that allowed us to enable or MBS folder as new tiles (so we didnt have to waste custom tiles). Now in this new version, my enable tiles are still there...two of them i have are called UFC and Anime but when i go into the tile setup, i dont see them in the list.

***update***

NVM figured it out

Edited by saitoh183

saitoh183

It would be good if the under Collections we have the name and not just custom location for all the folder views so we dont have to guess which one is which folder. This is what cause my confusion in my previous reply above. 

Also for my view changing problem, it seems to be fixed with 2.1.

Edited by saitoh183

marcelveldt

It would be good if the under Collections we have the name and not just custom location for all the folder views so we dont have to guess which one is which folder. This is what cause my confusion in my previous reply above. 

Also for my view changing problem, it seems to be fixed with 2.1.

Yes, I forgot to mention that one... The MB3 collections (or folders as you call it) ARE available but they're all listed as "custom location" in the edit menu but listed with correct title in the home itself.

That's because I have some issues with retrieving the window properties from the skinshortcuts-script. Will contact the author of the script to figure out a way to do that.

Edited by marcelveldt

saitoh183

Yes, I forgot to mention that one... The MB3 collections (or folders as you call it) ARE available but they're all listed as "custom location" in the edit menu but listed with correct title in the home itself.

That's because I have some issues with retrieving the window properties from the skinshortcuts-script. Will contact the author of the script to figure out a way to do that.

Ok good to know. Until then, For anyone trying to figure out which is which, The Custom locations show up in the order you have set in MBS under your Preference setting.

saitoh183

So far everything seems good but i have a few things i noticed.

If you create a new menu item and attach it to a custom location or even to MBS TV or Movies, If you had made a submenu, there is no way to get to the submenu on the main screen. Pressing up or Down while highlighting the menu item doesnt work and if you press OK/Enter it will just bring you into the menu and not invoke a ButtonOnClick (like Settings does)

Example: I changed Live TV to be Recording and kept the Live TV submenu, but when i click on Recording, it just goes into it and doesnt allow me to select items from the submenu.

The other problem, i was able to workaround it but it would be nice if it was one of the choice when creating a new menu item. I wanted a menu item that was just a placeholder for a submenu so i created a new item, choose anything as the new item, renamed the label and used custom action and copy the $VAR[settingsButtonOnClick] from the Settings option. 

The last thing is it normal that Use fanart doesnt work for the Custom Locations?

marcelveldt

If you create a new menu item and attach it to a custom location or even to MBS TV or Movies, If you had made a submenu, there is no way to get to the submenu on the main screen. Pressing up or Down while highlighting the menu item doesnt work and if you press OK/Enter it will just bring you into the menu and not invoke a ButtonOnClick (like Settings does)

Example: I changed Live TV to be Recording and kept the Live TV submenu, but when i click on Recording, it just goes into it and doesnt allow me to select items from the submenu.

If you want to open up a submenu on click (instead of Arrow buttons), select the tile you want to open up the submenu for in the settings and hit button "custom action", type in submenu and you're all set.

Whenever you provide submenu as the action for a tile it will open up the submenu instead of launching the action.

Offcourse if you're using 1 rows of tiles you can press the Arrow button to get to the submenu. With 2 rows of tiles that won't work as of the simple fact that XBMC wil just navigate through the menu.

I will adjust the screen to set the custom action a bit so you can select some predefined values like submenu....

The other problem, i was able to workaround it but it would be nice if it was one of the choice when creating a new menu item. I wanted a menu item that was just a placeholder for a submenu so i created a new item, choose anything as the new item, renamed the label and used custom action and copy the $VAR[settingsButtonOnClick] from the Settings option. 

This is something I noticed too and is (I think) a small bug in the skinshortcuts script, will contact the author for that. For now don't use an existing item and re-set it's content. Just add a new one and than set it's conent.

I noticed that when you reuse an existing tile and set a different shortcut for it, some props of the previous shortcut are kept...

The last thing is it normal that Use fanart doesnt work for the Custom Locations?

You mean the MB3 locations ? Well that should work fine. Maybe just set the background to fanart again in the skin settings.

Please notice that the * symbol is to indicate that it's the recommended option, not that it's the selected one... Took me a while too to figure that one out :-)

As for other custom tiles... No fanart won't work as for the simple fact that the skin doesn't have a clue where to get fanart for that location. I did make the support for MB3 collections myself.

marcelveldt

Ok good to know. Until then, For anyone trying to figure out which is which, The Custom locations show up in the order you have set in MBS under your Preference setting.

Nice catch! Thanks for sharing...

In the meanwhile I allready have some good news. The author of the skinshortcuts script has allready heard our wish and fixed some code.

Can you try out his latest Git version to see if that solves our issues ?

https://github.com/unfledged/script.skinshortcuts

saitoh183

Nice catch! Thanks for sharing...

In the meanwhile I allready have some good news. The author of the skinshortcuts script has allready heard our wish and fixed some code.

Can you try out his latest Git version to see if that solves our issues ?

https://github.com/unfledged/script.skinshortcuts

Yup

54451c8b96b85_Titan1.jpg

saitoh183

This is something I noticed too and is (I think) a small bug in the skinshortcuts script, will contact the author for that. For now don't use an existing item and re-set it's content. Just add a new one and than set it's content.

I noticed that when you reuse an existing tile and set a different shortcut for it, some props of the previous shortcut are kept...

Ok, So i create a new item and just use the submenu entry in the custom action and that should make it just a placeholder?

Another thing i wanted to know, is it normal that the widget dont work for Favorite Shows (MBS)?

Edited by saitoh183

saitoh183

If you want to open up a submenu on click (instead of Arrow buttons), select the tile you want to open up the submenu for in the settings and hit button "custom action", type in submenu and you're all set.

Whenever you provide submenu as the action for a tile it will open up the submenu instead of launching the action.

Offcourse if you're using 1 rows of tiles you can press the Arrow button to get to the submenu. With 2 rows of tiles that won't work as of the simple fact that XBMC wil just navigate through the menu.

I will adjust the screen to set the custom action a bit so you can select some predefined values like submenu....

But i want the menu item to go in if a press and be able to navigate to the submenu if needed.

saitoh183

You mean the MB3 locations ? Well that should work fine. Maybe just set the background to fanart again in the skin settings.

Please notice that the * symbol is to indicate that it's the recommended option, not that it's the selected one... Took me a while too to figure that one out :-)

As for other custom tiles... No fanart won't work as for the simple fact that the skin doesn't have a clue where to get fanart for that location. I did make the support for MB3 collections myself.

My TV shows and Movies tiles show my random fanart, but my favorite Show and Movies, Anime and UFC dont. Is this because they are folders?

marcelveldt

Ok, So i create a new item and just use the submenu entry in the custom action and that should make it just a placeholder?

Another thing i wanted to know, is it normal that the widget dont work for Favorite Shows (MBS)?

Great to hear that the fix is working. Hopefully that will make it to stable repo soon.

Yes, I created some sort of "catchall" command that if the action is submenu than it will launch the submenu, offcourse I provide the default submenu's as a template with the skin so most users can get started without any adjustments. This is just for users who want to customize every bit.

As for the behaviour if you change a shortcut rather than adding a new one, that's by design. Basically the only thing you change is the shortcut (the command) it sends and not the properties of the tile itself like background, widget, submenu etc. If you want to create your own tiles just create a new one (and delete others). I will add some help text in the skin dialogs to clarify this.

About the Favorite shows widget... whoops I forgot to create a widget for that one. Will do so later today.

As you may have noticed I created widgets for a lot of sections and provide them by default, also for your collections you get the widgets.

But i want the menu item to go in if a press and be able to navigate to the submenu if needed.

Well, than you have to use 1 row of tiles OR define a custom button for the submenu...

This is the behaviour as I've coded it:

If you're using 1 row of tiles on the homescreen

- If there is a submenu set on the tile, you'll notice an Arrow down symbol on the tile as an indicator for the submenu.

- If you press down on the tile it will focus/open the submenu

- If you just press the maintile it will execute the default action for that tile (skip the submenu)

- If there's also a widget set on the tile you'll also notice an Arrow UP icon to indicate the widget is available.

If you're using 2 rows of tiles on the homescreen:

- If there is a submenu available you won't see any notification

- As for all skin provides tiles: click on the tile opens the submenu (if submenu set).

- For custom (user defined tiles) you can add the custom action "submenu" to open up the submenu.

- If there's a widget available on the tile you will notice an Arrow up or down (depending on the row you're in) to show the widget.

- As the up/down button is allready used for the widget it cannot be used to open the submenu too, that's the whole idea.

In XBMC however it is possible to set custom actions to keypresses, so for example you can map the info button of your remmote to open up the submenu.

If you want that, edit the keyboard.xml fiel from XBMC and in the action for the <info> button on home, set this as the action:

XBMC.RunScript(script.titanskin.helpers,SHOWSUBMENU,SHOW,4444)

The entry in the xmlfile will look like this for example:

<Home>

<remote>

<info>XBMC.RunScript(script.titanskin.helpers,SHOWSUBMENU,SHOW,4444)</info>

</remote>

<keyboard>

<i>XBMC.RunScript(script.titanskin.helpers,SHOWSUBMENU,SHOW,4444)</i>

</keyboard>

</Home>

My TV shows and Movies tiles show my random fanart, but my favorite Show and Movies, Anime and UFC dont. Is this because they are folders?

That can be true... What it does basically if you hover over the tile and you've set the background-option to fanart for that tile it will "tell" mediabrowser to use the images for that collection. So, if you hover over the "kids movies" tile it will only show kids movies fanarts etc. Apparently this doesn't work if it's a folder. Must confess I don''t use folders so haven't tested that yet. Will try it myself in a bit...

EDIT: can you describe me how I can replicate the issue ? What did you set in MB3 and on the skin's side to create the issue ?

Edited by marcelveldt