embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

t123thomas
12 hours ago, quickmic said:

Yes, I add the cast info to TV Shows and Movies. This was broken in older versions. I can check that...

I am not sure or runs out of logic on why those issues occurred in 6.8, specific I am using this version "plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.4-build 71 (ex12)" non of those issues appear in this. see the screen shots below from movies and Tv shows, both have video settings as "Show Information" and they all play with out issues. Notice the cast and option to play are available.

TV shows.png

Movies.png

quickmic
25 minutes ago, t123thomas said:

I am not sure or runs out of logic on why those issues occurred in 6.8, specific I am using this version "plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.4-build 71 (ex12)" non of those issues appear in this. see the screen shots below from movies and Tv shows, both have video settings as "Show Information" and they all play with out issues. Notice the cast and option to play are available.

TV shows.png

Movies.png

Use the latest version, it should be fixed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, quickmic said:

Please let me know, if any 3rd party plugin also queries nfo files.

Because this, if a movie is in emby, i will never make an update, the only thing what i need is the IMDB rating with votes. So i use the Kodi addon Light IMDb Ratings Update for this and the .nfo will be modified like this

<ratings>
        <rating default="false" max="10" name="default">
            <value>7.8</value>
            <votes>4492</votes>
        </rating>
        <rating default="false" max="10" name="tomatometerallcritics">
            <value>9.4</value>
            <votes>0</votes>
        </rating>
        <rating default="true" max="10" name="imdb">
            <value>7.6</value>
            <votes>166960</votes>
        </rating>
        <rating default="false" max="10" name="themoviedb">
            <value>7.8</value>
            <votes>4492</votes>
        </rating>
    </ratings>

so i see the newest status of rating and also the votes, both are important for me and emby import no votes or import the ratings in real time. This is becauce i use the Kodi addon.

But if i have modified something or watched a movie, emby resync the file and overwrite or ignore this parts.Is there a way to make the communication between Kodi and Emby better?

Edited by Centory

MAForshaw

Hi

I've just updated from version 5 to latest 6 and noticed the "tomatometerallcritics" ratings in the database appear to be wrong. In the version 5 code you divided the Emby "CriticRating" by 10 but that appears to be missing in version 6. Is there a reason it was changed? It means the skin I am using (Amber) displays a logo and blank rating because they are supposed to range from 0-10 but are now 0-100.

t123thomas
5 hours ago, quickmic said:

Use the latest version, it should be fixed.

Thanks issues resolved, searching for other possible bugs I hope not

Edited by t123thomas
  • Like 1

quickmic
8 hours ago, MAForshaw said:

Hi

I've just updated from version 5 to latest 6 and noticed the "tomatometerallcritics" ratings in the database appear to be wrong. In the version 5 code you divided the Emby "CriticRating" by 10 but that appears to be missing in version 6. Is there a reason it was changed? It means the skin I am using (Amber) displays a logo and blank rating because they are supposed to range from 0-10 but are now 0-100.

Seems there is no winning here:

On 9/8/2021 at 9:27 AM, Sinnedyam said:

That is very kind of you. 

I checked it too with complete new kodi installation and first you 5.3.4 addon and later with the latest 6.0.6

Sadly I found some other disfunctions. Like I told in my post yesterday, the shortcut by pressing "i" on my keyboard doesn't work. In kodi I set the default select action to "show information". The 6.0.6. ignores it and plays the movie right away. In 5.3.4 it works like it should.

And in the sync process, there seems to be a mistaken rating. But it can also be a bug in kodi 19.1 or in the skin.

When I enable the user ratings in the sync process, it takes the wrong rating. Like the movie I posted earlier in my screenshots. I haven't seen it, so obviously, I haven't rated it. But kodi shows a user rating of 7 

Zwischenablage03.jpg.b95f1fba987a81049541b445b432a3a0.jpg

In the emby metadata editor, it seems to be the "critics rating" of 72. So maybe the sync isn't working properly, or kodi or the skin shows it wrong. It is nothing important, but I wanted to give any hint, where something might have gone wrong.

Zwischenablage04.jpg.3bcc7426dc3bfdaa730fb953524842aa.jpg

Emby server uses 0-100 Kodi usually 0-10. Actually, I don't care which one you guys prefer... 😉

I think the actual value is 7.2 but not possible in Kodi due to integer limitation.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
9 hours ago, Centory said:

Because this, if a movie is in emby, i will never make an update, the only thing what i need is the IMDB rating with votes. So i use the Kodi addon Light IMDb Ratings Update for this and the .nfo will be modified like this

<ratings>
        <rating default="false" max="10" name="default">
            <value>7.8</value>
            <votes>4492</votes>
        </rating>
        <rating default="false" max="10" name="tomatometerallcritics">
            <value>9.4</value>
            <votes>0</votes>
        </rating>
        <rating default="true" max="10" name="imdb">
            <value>7.6</value>
            <votes>166960</votes>
        </rating>
        <rating default="false" max="10" name="themoviedb">
            <value>7.8</value>
            <votes>4492</votes>
        </rating>
    </ratings>

so i see the newest status of rating and also the votes, both are important for me and emby import no votes or import the ratings in real time. This is becauce i use the Kodi addon.

But if i have modified something or watched a movie, emby resync the file and overwrite or ignore this parts.Is there a way to make the communication between Kodi and Emby better?

I assume you are using native mode? If so, you are not affected by the change.

• Thanks 1

MAForshaw
13 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Seems there is no winning here:

Emby server uses 0-100 Kodi usually 0-10. Actually, I don't care which one you guys prefer... 😉

I think the actual value is 7.2 but not possible in Kodi due to integer limitation.

Ah, but I have not enabled User Rating sync so I think that is a different issue - this is just about "tomatometerallcritics" which should be 0-10 in the Kodi database. I've looked at other skins and they all expect 0-10 as well for tomatometerallcritics.

quickmic
1 minute ago, MAForshaw said:

Ah, but I have not enabled User Rating sync so I think that is a different issue - this is just about "tomatometerallcritics" which should be 0-10 in the Kodi database. I've looked at other skins and they all expect 0-10 as well for tomatometerallcritics.

ok, I'll check...

• Thanks 1

quickmic
23 minutes ago, MAForshaw said:

Disable user rating means only the "VoteCount", not all ratings. Probably I should rename it. Is there a reason, why you wanna disable the other ratings as well?

Wrong, checking again...

Edited by quickmic

MAForshaw
5 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Disable user rating means only the "VoteCount", not all ratings. Probably I should rename it. Is there a reason, why you wanna disable the other ratings as well?

Just like a user a few posts up, I use "Light IMDb Ratings Update" to auto-update the IMDB ratings and "VoteCount" so I don't need that. Are you saying that if I enable User Rating then that will fix the "tomatometerallcritics" range as stored in the database, see screenshot?

Ratings.png

quickmic
4 minutes ago, MAForshaw said:

Just like a user a few posts up, I use "Light IMDb Ratings Update" to auto-update the IMDB ratings and "VoteCount" so I don't need that. Are you saying that if I enable User Rating then that will fix the "tomatometerallcritics" range as stored in the database, see screenshot?

Ratings.png

I checked again. If userrating is disabled, it will not add the value to the movie, but it still adds the rating into Kodi's rating table. I can disable that too if you want.

The actual reason, why this option is available is due to this request:

On 5/4/2021 at 6:47 PM, TheMasterMind025 said:

I don't want any of these values synced to my Trakt.  Having Emby Next Gen add the IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes ratings to the Kodi Ratings table seems fine.  The problem occurs when the Movie file's "userrating" field gets messed with.  From the quick glance I made at the Kodi Trakt plugins code, it seems like they use the "userrating" field when keeping ratings in sync between Kodi and Trakt.  My Trakt ratings should represent the personal ratings I provide to the movie and not the Rotten Tomato score.  In an ideal world, an option would be added to Emby Next Gen so that the Rotten Tomato score doesn't replace the "userrating" (Basically, reopening the ticket I referenced above).

I think the old Kodi for Emby add on used to replace the "userrating" value so the Rotten Tomato score could display on widgets in specific skins.  However, this doesn't work well for Trakt integration.  This is why I would suggest an optional toggle instead of changing the function completely.  I'm not sure how many users prefer the current implementation.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
6 minutes ago, MAForshaw said:

Ratings.png

I don't say anything, cause I'm not using such addons. I can offer to disable the rating also for Kodi's rating table and not only the "movie rating tag".

I have no idea, how it affects "Light IMDb Ratings Update".

MAForshaw
2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I checked again. If userrating is disabled, it will not add the value to the movie, but it still adds the rating into Kodi's rating table. I can disable that too if you want.

No, I am happy with how it works now. The only change needed is this line from version 5 putting back into version 6 (movies.py), please:

obj['CriticRating'] = float(obj['CriticRating'] / 10.0)

In version 6, bearing in mind the other issue with User Rating, it needs to happen in this block as code, without actually changing obj['CriticRating']:

if obj['CriticRating'] is not None:
                RatingId = self.video_db.get_rating_id("movie", obj['KodiMovieId'], "tomatometerallcritics")
                self.video_db.update_ratings(obj['KodiMovieId'], "movie", "tomatometerallcritics", obj['CriticRating'], obj['Votes'], RatingId)

quickmic
1 minute ago, MAForshaw said:

No, I am happy with how it works now. The only change needed is this line from version 5 putting back into version 6 (movies.py), please:

obj['CriticRating'] = float(obj['CriticRating'] / 10.0)

In version 6, bearing in mind the other issue with User Rating, it needs to happen in this block as code, without actually changing obj['CriticRating']:

RatingId = self.video_db.get_rating_id("movie", obj['KodiMovieId'], "tomatometerallcritics")
                self.video_db.update_ratings(obj['KodiMovieId'], "movie", "tomatometerallcritics", obj['CriticRating'], obj['Votes'], RatingId)

ok, will do, and you explain it to @Sinnedyam 😁

MAForshaw
Just now, quickmic said:

ok, will do, and you explain it to @Sinnedyam 😁

Thanks, so something like this I assume (I will test in a bit):

CriticRating = float(obj['CriticRating'] / 10.0)
                self.video_db.update_ratings(obj['KodiMovieId'], "movie", "tomatometerallcritics", CriticRating, obj['Votes'], RatingId)

quickmic
7 minutes ago, MAForshaw said:

Thanks, so something like this I assume (I will test in a bit):

CriticRating = float(obj['CriticRating'] / 10.0)
                self.video_db.update_ratings(obj['KodiMovieId'], "movie", "tomatometerallcritics", CriticRating, obj['Votes'], RatingId)

That's exactly how 5.x and earlier 6.x versions handles it. btw, there are 2 spots. One in the update branch and one in the add branch...

Edited by quickmic

MAForshaw

Just testing my change. In version 6, when I reset the local Kodi database but tell it to keep settings, after reboot, it asks the normal questions but does not ask which Libraries I want to sync. Which means nothing is synced. I have to go into settings and Add them manually before it will sync anything. Is that correct? In version 5 it automatically prompted you.

quickmic
4 minutes ago, MAForshaw said:

Just testing my change. In version 6, when I reset the local Kodi database but tell it to keep settings, after reboot, it asks the normal questions but does not ask which Libraries I want to sync. Which means nothing is synced. I have to go into settings and Add them manually before it will sync anything. Is that correct? In version 5 it automatically prompted you.

Right, it's different. Not sure if it was better always using such "wizzards". For my point of view, no.

btw, not sure if the rating table is wiped on reset DB. You have to check it...

Edited by quickmic

MAForshaw

I have tested my code change from above (you were correct, 2 places) and it works perfectly. User Ratings are NOT affected as you can see so this should not break the previous fix you mentioned.

Ratings_User.png.9e44772d792f2e9b96c5b70e329092ea.png

UserRating.png.e06d379fd1c7be24aea25f360887a067.png

MAForshaw
2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Well the userrating should be also 0-10

Should they, I thought that was the what the other user you mentioned did not want? I don't mind either way, like I said, I don't use User Ratings. I tested with it on and also off. The fix here is what is in the "Rating" table, they should to be 0-10.

quickmic

Well, yes but I don't wanna use different formats for the same value. This is just confusing...

I would say, we keep all from 0-10. Actually, that's why I changed it in the first place. I assume, he can live with that... 😉

• Like 1

MAForshaw
Just now, quickmic said:

Well, yes but I don't wanna use different formats for the same value. This is just confusing...

I would say, we keep all from 0-10. Actually, that's why I changed it in the first place. I assume, he can live with that... 😉

Yes, if you want them the same, that makes sense to me :) When it is 0-100 it breaks skins, Amber for example shows the rating logo with a blank "%" string.

I was just pointing out they could be different formats if you wanted.

• Like 1