quickmic

New version available 6.0.8 build 49 (ex9):

Delta changelog:

progress update fix for Kodi 18

No need to update for Kodi 19 users.

• Like 2

t123thomas
On 9/13/2021 at 7:33 PM, t123thomas said:

6.0.6/74(8 TVshows test in various skin hope these two videos explains my concerns, it fails to play

6.0.4/71(12) test, each

Hi Quickmic Test for plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.8-build 49 (ex9)

It appear that for TV shows the Show Information is what is causing the non play when change the option between play and Show information, it will play for "Play", but not play "Show Information" on the movies both options works perfectly.  Hence, I think the code for Show Information need to be review.

screenshot00000.png

quickmic
5 hours ago, t123thomas said:

Hi Quickmic Test for plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.8-build 49 (ex9)

It appear that for TV shows the Show Information is what is causing the non play when change the option between play and Show information, it will play for "Play", but not play "Show Information" on the movies both options works perfectly.  Hence, I think the code for Show Information need to be review.

screenshot00000.png

Thank for confirmation, that's what I mentioned in one of the previous posting. Kodi or Skin issue. Id you keep Show information, you can start the video via context menu.

t123thomas
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Thank for confirmation, that's what I mentioned in one of the previous posting. Kodi or Skin issue. Id you keep Show information, you can start the video via context menu.

Strange but there was issue in the previous version e.g 6.4 therefore it has be some code change in e4k 6.6+

quickmic
1 hour ago, t123thomas said:

Strange but there was issue in the previous version e.g 6.4 therefore it has be some code change in e4k 6.6+

Yes, I add the cast info to TV Shows and Movies. This was broken in older versions. I can check that...

quickmic
37 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Yes, I add the cast info to TV Shows and Movies. This was broken in older versions. I can check that...

Confirmed, the cast fix broke that function. I try to find a workaround....

Edit:

I'll fix it in next version, unfortunately this requires another DB resync grrr.

Edited by quickmic

BaukeZwart
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

uortunately this requires another DB resync grrr.

We are getting very good at it, I can almost do it blindfolded 😁

• Haha 1

Hi @quickmic

(On version 6.0.8) When i press "cache all artworks" it is starting immediately, but in background is the question about deleting the artworks yes/no.

So i mean the process should start only after i answered the question.

Edited by Centory

quickmic
4 minutes ago, Centory said:

Hi @quickmic

(On version 6.0.8) When i press "cache all artworks" it is starting immediately, but in background is the question about deleting the artworks yes/no.

So i mean the process should start only after i answered the question.

Right, I'll check that too.

• Like 1

DiscoDuck79

@quickmic

Any chance we could get this implemented?

Another question, are all notifications sent from the server to client sent using websockets? If so, could you add an option to disable all pop-up notifications from the server on the client? I use Bazarr to download subtitles and when it notifies the server that a subtitle has been downloaded, then the server sends an update to the client and this creates a popup in the same place as where you get it if you send a message from the server to the client.

quickmic
6 minutes ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

Another question, are all notifications sent from the server to client sent using websockets?

No, I'm not sure if the server sends additional msgs beside the text msgs from dashboard. Never seen any other that that, but I cannot rule that out. Yes I can add an option, not sure if this really suppresses the notifications. Lots of them are coming from Kodi or other plugins. I think I remember a kodi stock option to disable all notifications.

quickmic
On 5/24/2021 at 2:46 PM, DiscoDuck79 said:

When searching for a subtitle during playback, the filename displayed at the bottom right contains what appears to be an UUID so it looks like: UUID-stream-NameOfFile

Would it be possible to strip the UUID-stream- part so only the filename is visible? It increases the chances of finding a suitable subtitle with proper sync.

I assume that's the files the addon uses internally. No, not possible, these Ids are emby Ids for the item used for the internal 127.0.0.1 webserver for redirections.

• Thanks 1

DiscoDuck79
12 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I assume that's the files the addon uses internally. No, not possible, these Ids are emby Ids for the item used for the internal 127.0.0.1 webserver for redirections.

Thanks for checking it, if it can't be done it's not much to do.

From what I see the path is changed to the internal webserver and the filename displays embyvideo-lotsofnumbers-and-letters

BaukeZwart
52 minutes ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

@quickmic

Any chance we could get this implemented?

Another question, are all notifications sent from the server to client sent using websockets? If so, could you add an option to disable all pop-up notifications from the server on the client? I use Bazarr to download subtitles and when it notifies the server that a subtitle has been downloaded, then the server sends an update to the client and this creates a popup in the same place as where you get it if you send a message from the server to the client.

Why not disable it in Bazarr?

I have it disabled and everything ses to function as expected.

Edited by BaukeZwart
  • Thanks 1

quickmic
16 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

I have it disabled and everything ses to function as expected.

The notifications? If yes, I skip the disable msgs options for Emby server.

DiscoDuck79
20 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

Because I don't know how...

The only thing I've seen is "Silent for manual actions". Is there a way to send quite updates that I'm not aware of?

quickmic
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

Right, I'll check that too.

It works on my setup. Also I checked the code, looks good to me. Are you using the latest version and can you please doublecheck.

BaukeZwart
3 minutes ago, quickmic said:

It works on my setup. Also I checked the code, looks good to me. Are you using the latest version and can you please doublecheck.

Also no issues for me. 

Edited by BaukeZwart

21 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Yeah Emby is version 4.7.0.11, E4K is version 6.0.8-build 48 (ex9) modus is native. Perhaps it is skin releated. It's not a problem, i can answer the question in background.

BaukeZwart
11 minutes ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

Well, now it actually works with the notifications disabled in Bazarr - in the past it didn't.

Thanks for the heads up @BaukeZwart

Sometimes the easiest solution is the best 

• Haha 1

quickmic

New version available: 6.0.9 build 12 (ex1)

Delta changelog:

- Unicode issues for Kodi 18
- Minor sync queue improvements
- Add episode info to progress info on init sync
- Fix browseinfo for episodes
- Fix resume for dynamic content
- workaround for native Kodi refresh commands
- podcast fixes in dynamic nodes

Comments:
Kodi 18: Server login didn't work if username has special characters included

workaround for native Kodi refresh commands:
If native Kodi refresh was initiated (what actually should not be used), emby item was removed due to lag of nfo file. -> previous version(s)
Now, the command is intercepted. Even it's not possible to keep Kodi from removing that files, it will also be put in the update queue for resync/readd. -> no harm
Please let me know, if any 3rd party plugin also queries nfo files. This could result in issues/unnecessary item updates.

Database reset required, will be initiated automatically

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
13 minutes ago, p4nda said:

what can i do if plugin only syncs 12k of 14k movies? on my vero4k+

on my windows test install it syncs up all of my movies

plugin version

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.6-build 74 (ex8).zip

Send me a kodi.log of the after init sync and I'll check. Also use latest version, this will require a db resync anyway.

Edited by quickmic