embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
2 minutes ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

Yesterday I had a new collection created on the Emby server, today I've restarted the kodi client several times and the collection did not update/sync.

I think I know what's going on. Actually the startup sync is based on timestamp. The timestamp (indicating the last sync) is updated on startup AND on realtime syncs. As the realtime syncs doesn't include the boxset changes, the startup sync didn't trigger that either. -> timestamp updated on realtime sync (not including Boxsets) -> startup sync uses timestamp from last realtime sync and that's why boxset was excluded.

I hope my explanation is understandable.

The previous approach updated the timestamp only on startup. This is not good, it queries all updates since last Kodi restart and includes lots of unnecessary content (already received via realtime sync). e.g. Kodi restart happen after weeks/month. I had a user who complained about that, startup took minutes due to so many pending syncs on Kodi start.

Let's wait if Luke can add the boxsets in realtime updates, otherwise I add two timestamps for Kodi startup sync.

• Like 1

quickmic
13 minutes ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

The collection was updated on the client and the movie library changed and instead of displaying different titles they were merged into the Movie boxset.

That sounds ok to me or is there something wrong I don't understand yet?

DiscoDuck79
4 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I think I know what's going on. Actually the startup sync is based on timestamp. The timestamp (indicating the last sync) is updated on startup AND on realtime syncs. As the realtime syncs doesn't include the boxset changes, the startup sync didn't trigger that either. -> timestamp updated on realtime sync (not including Boxsets) -> startup sync uses timestamp from last realtime sync and that's why boxset was excluded.

I hope my explanation is understandable.

The previous approach updated the timestamp only on startup. This is not good, it queries all updates since last Kodi restart and includes lots of unnecessary content (already received via realtime sync). e.g. Kodi restart happen after weeks/month. I had a user who complained about that, startup took minutes due to so many pending syncs on Kodi start.

Let's wait if Luke can add the boxsets in realtime updates, otherwise I add two timestamps for Kodi startup sync.

Had to read it twice to understand but now it makes sense to me. Now I also understand why in the past I could see that an item was synced in the kodi log, then on restart of kodi the same item was synced again.

3 minutes ago, quickmic said:

That sounds ok to me or is there something wrong I don't understand yet?

This is the desired behavior and what I see now after a boxset refresh, agw this can be included in the realtime sync in the future.

• Like 1

quickmic
19 minutes ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

Had to read it twice to understand but now it makes sense to me. Now I also understand why in the past I could see that an item was synced in the kodi log, then on restart of kodi the same item was synced again.

This is the desired behavior and what I see now after a boxset refresh, agw this can be included in the realtime sync in the future.

I'll add two timestamps in the next version, unfortunately this will require another DB reset.

Reason: I spend a thought on realtime syncs. Even if Luke adds boxsets to realtime messages, there are other updates which are also not included in realtime notifications. e.g. channel content (like podcasts etc). They also need the "old" timestamp from last Kodi start and not the timpestamp from the last realtime sync.

DiscoDuck79
4 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I'll add two timestamps in the next version, unfortunately this will require another DB reset.

Reason: I spend a thought on realtime syncs. Even if Luke adds boxsets to realtime messages, there are other updates which are also not included in realtime notifications. e.g. channel content (like podcasts etc). They also need the "old" timestamp from last Kodi start and not the timpestamp from the last realtime sync.

Out of curiosity, is there a reason to why e.g. podcasts can't be realtime synced as well?

quickmic
1 minute ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

Out of curiosity, is there a reason to why e.g. podcasts can't be realtime synced as well?

Cause it's "channel" content not a "regular" library. (I'm referencing to the podcast plugin for Emby server)

Not sure why changes on channels are not reported via websocket notifications.

• Thanks 1

t123thomas
On 9/10/2021 at 4:44 PM, t123thomas said:

Test results for plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.6-build 74 (ex8),

Unable to play TVShows series

log https://paste.kodi.tv/uvosumesun

I could get pass this page, I clicked on the show several time but nothing happen meaning it wont play.

screenshot00000.png

Qucikmic, As a follow up on the issue of unable to play TVShow Episode, I did a complete rebuild of Kodi and the latest exp version yet the issue persist this happen to be the first time I am seeing such issue, movies played nicely, I turned on the log possible to catch the error if that would help to identified the cause, here is the log report ,let me know when to retest thanks

https://paste.kodi.tv/upicamoruf

quickmic
2 hours ago, t123thomas said:

Qucikmic, As a follow up on the issue of unable to play TVShow Episode, I did a complete rebuild of Kodi and the latest exp version yet the issue persist this happen to be the first time I am seeing such issue, movies played nicely, I turned on the log possible to catch the error if that would help to identified the cause, here is the log report ,let me know when to retest thanks

https://paste.kodi.tv/upicamoruf

As mentioned, there is absolutely zero playcommand in the log. Maybe I should be more precise.

If In say there is no play command, it means. Kodi doesn't even try to play anything here. Which means Kodi is not even query play from next-gen, which means, next-gen is not involved at all in this problem. The plugin doesn't even now that it should do anything cause Kodi doesn't not request a play.

There must be something completely different broken. Are you using xsp playlists? I see it in the logs that they are loaded, but nothing else.

On 9/11/2021 at 11:30 AM, quickmic said:

Hmm, I think that the better variant would be to treat the collections as a "normal" library.

And if I understand it correctly, this is a matter of the server and thus eigtl. Luke would have to implement that times.

Do I see that right?

t123thomas
10 hours ago, quickmic said:

As mentioned, there is absolutely zero playcommand in the log. Maybe I should be more precise.

If In say there is no play command, it means. Kodi doesn't even try to play anything here. Which means Kodi is not even query play from next-gen, which means, next-gen is not involved at all in this problem. The plugin doesn't even now that it should do anything cause Kodi doesn't not request a play.

There must be something completely different broken. Are you using xsp playlists? I see it in the logs that they are loaded, but nothing else.

This is strange I can not launch the episode let alone play, I have not experienced such behaviour since the start of e4k, when I switched to 6.4 episode played, doesn't anyone have such experience on Kodi/windows.

quickmic
58 minutes ago, t123thomas said:

This is strange I can not launch the episode let alone play, I have not experienced such behaviour since the start of e4k, when I switched to 6.4 episode played, doesn't anyone have such experience on Kodi/windows.

You haven't answered the question if you use xsp playlists? This is the only problem I could imagine which is related to the next-gen plugin.

t123thomas
On 9/12/2021 at 1:56 PM, quickmic said:

You haven't answered the question if you use xsp playlists? This is the only problem I could imagine which is related to the next-gen plugin.

I have always check the box, but exact purpose of this I don't, also it would be appreciated at the start if the option is available to check or not before the sync begins often I have to stop the sync from processing then go in to the addon to check it, then restart Kodi to begin the sync

quickmic
19 minutes ago, t123thomas said:

I have always check the box, but exact purpose of this I don't, also it would be appreciated at the start if the option is available to check or not before the sync begins often I have to stop the sync from processing then go in to the addon to check it, then restart Kodi to begin the sync

xsp playlists are not really used by next-gen, but probably 3rd party plugin or custom skins does. I always leave them disable cause I have no use case. If your custom skin (the screenshot you posted) is a xsp playlist, then probably this is bug in the xsp playlist.

If you disable the xsp option, this screen (in your skin) should never appear. This would be an indicator, that you (your skin) uses the xsp playlists.

Edited by quickmic

t123thomas
5 minutes ago, quickmic said:

xsp playlists are not really used by next-gen, but probably 3rd party plugin or custom skins does. I always leave them disable cause I have no use case. If your custom skin (the screenshot you posted) is a xsp playlist, then probably this is bug in the xsp playlist.

If you disable the xsp option, then this screen (in your skin) should never appear. This would be an indicator, that you (your skin) uses the xsp playlists.

To be honest I don't have a clue, it be possible that Titan Skin uses this code to populate that I will be guessing anyway, I am back to 6.0.4/71(12) works perfectly fine on LE and Wins, 6.0.6/74(8) still not able to play TV shows episode. Let me know how move further it appear that Kodi did not even recognised when I click an episode it just stucked in the episode screen no further details such cast, information etc

t123thomas
3 hours ago, t123thomas said:

To be honest I don't have a clue, it be possible that Titan Skin uses this code to populate that I will be guessing anyway, I am back to 6.0.4/71(12) works perfectly fine on LE and Wins, 6.0.6/74(8) still not able to play TV shows episode. Let me know how move further it appear that Kodi did not even recognised when I click an episode it just stucked in the episode screen no further details such cast, information etc

6.0.6/74(8 TVshows test in various skin hope these two videos explains my concerns, it fails to play

6.0.4/71(12) test

Edited by t123thomas

quickmic
9 hours ago, t123thomas said:

6.0.6/74(8 TVshows test in various skin hope these two videos explains my concerns, it fails to play

6.0.4/71(12) test

I can reproduce it, and it's a KODI bug not a next-gen issue.

The difference why it's working on the 3rd video:

You clicked on "play".

It also works with 1st and 2nd setup if you select a video -? go to context menu and select "play".

Possible explanation:

You selected "default select action" -> "show information" and not "play". So by just pushing the episode if will not start playback it should show the episode information  but it doesn't.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

@all

I'll release a new version soon. There are still issues with TVshows syncs and some others with music sync as well...

BaukeZwart
On 11/09/2021 at 08:13, quickmic said:

I'll check it again, must be a specific case.

Did you find anything? 
Delete after watch is working on my Shield but it isn't on the fireTV. On the fireTV the delete yes/no screen does not show. 

Edot: I though that I already tried restarting Kodi, but tried a Kodi restart again and its now working. 

Same as on the Shield, Kodi seems to need a restart to get daw working after a E4K update. 

Edited by BaukeZwart

quickmic
37 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

Did you find anything? 
Delete after watch is working on my Shield but it isn't on the fireTV. On the fireTV the delete yes/no screen does not show. 

Edot: I though that I already tried restarting Kodi, but tried a Kodi restart again and its now working. 

Same as on the Shield, Kodi seems to need a restart to get daw working after a E4K update. 

I tested, and still no issue found. Did you press "ok" after you toggled the option in config menu or have you selected "back"? Back means same as cancel.

BaukeZwart
59 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I tested, and still no issue found. Did you press "ok" after you toggled the option in config menu or have you selected "back"? Back means same as cancel.

I'm 100% sure I selected OK, on both device it seems a second Kodi restart after the mandatory dB reset was needed to get daw working. Not a big problem now I know what is needed 

quickmic
4 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

I'm 100% sure I selected OK, on both device it seems a second Kodi restart after the mandatory dB reset was needed to get daw working. Not a big problem now I know what is needed 

ok, not sure why a seconds restart was required after mandatory... I tested from scratch, so no mandatory restart was required. There it worked.

BaukeZwart

I will test again after the next update. No idea why I needed a second reboot. Could it be I'm not using native Emby but running Emby in Docker? Can't think of any reason why that would make a difference but I want you to have all the information I can think of. 

quickmic

New version available 6.0.8 build 48 (ex9):

Delta changelog:

- music content sync fixes
- minor improvements in http requests
- Timestamps updates to dual mode (boxset fixes)
- artwork cache changes
- tvshow sync issues
- minor realtime syncs issues fixed (double updates in some edge cases)
- Favourites icons added
- unicode issues for Kodi 18

Comments:

this versions requires a full db reset (automatcally initiated)
due to performance issues, music libraries requires AGAIN a valid artist info
other music content like podcasts or audiobooks are not affected
TV-Shows sync changed due to performance increase
TV-Shows had issues if you change a season number
distributed TV-Shows sync should also be more reliable

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gizzmo80
On 9/10/2021 at 5:27 PM, quickmic said:

Frankly, I not sure why there is a delay. Please test with stock skin, cause I think this it's probably related to your custom skin or skin helpers.

I would be surprised, if this issue is related to next-gen plugin.

thanks quickmic, checked the default skin and you're right it seems to be related to the embuary Matrix skin. Will ask there... 

• Agree 1