Jump to content

embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, t123thomas said:

Thanks it is scanning now.

Is this how the new cache process works, watch the scanning progress bar,  it seem to scan a set and return to 0, then restart scan then 0 in the previous version the scanning process is fast and continuous

 

Edited by t123thomas
Link to post
Share on other sites

New version available 6.0.9 build 45 (ex4):

 

delta changelog:

- fix item remove queue issue
- add artwork cache in pluginmenu (optional)
- artwork cache fix
- delete artwork cache optional for mandatory db resyncs
- manual db reset fixes when keeping settings

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, t123thomas said:

Is this how the new cache process works, watch the scanning progress bar,  it seem to scan a set and return to 0, then restart scan then 0 in the previous version the scanning process is fast and continuous

 

 

 

Seems you started the cache twice. In this case both caches are queue and the "0 progress" threat is waiting for the other to finish.

Quote

previous version the scanning process is fast and continuous

 

No, you reported that the cache was not working at all without enable werbservice manually. This tells me it never worked in previous versions for you. You just didn't see it, cause there was no error message.

I mentioned in the previous plugin update that I removed several try -> except codes. Artwork cache had one of them which means, you never got a notification that somethings was wrong.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, heula said:

Updating to EXPERIMENTAL VERSION 6.0.9 build 36 (ex4 caused problems with syncing my recordings again.

Active recordings and finisht recordings are not showing up. Not when Kodi is open and not after restarting Kodi. Repairing the recordings library also went wrong, nothing happened.

I needed to do a full database reset to get the new added recorded tv shows.

I also noticed that when I manually do a database reset Kodi hangs when it should be restarting or shut down Kodi and after restarting it myself I get a few questions like if I want user ratings enabled etc. but I don't get to choose the Emby server and user and a popup for what libraries I want to add. I need to add my libraries myself.  

 

I also miss the option "Update library" that was an option in 5.3.4

And the option to reset database, restart Emby for Kodi are only able to use from within the Next gen settings and are not useable as a direct link (favorites) in Kodi. That used to be an option as well in 5.3.4 and was handy from time to time.

Also the Emby settings are not reachable as a direct link anymore for as far as I have seen. I used these links a lot so if the can come back that would be appreciated.

 

Thanks.

embyserver.txt 798.15 kB · 0 downloads kodi.log 104.54 kB · 1 download kodi.old.log 82.87 kB · 0 downloads

 

You are affected by a critical bug fixed in the 6.0.9-build 45 (ex4).

Sync queue crashed due to "remove item" error. This is probably the reason thy recordings not synced. "Remove queue" is the first in the realtime update stack, if it crashes it doesn't even start "Update queue" and "Userdata queue".

 

Quote

And the option to reset database, restart Emby for Kodi are only able to use from within the Next gen settings and are not useable as a direct link (favorites) in Kodi. That used to be an option as well in 5.3.4 and was handy from time to time.

 

Some of them can be enabled if in config menu. Frankly, as you request more easy access to them tells me you are using workarounds on regular basis. -> This should never been the case.

Anyway, I'll add some more functions (optional) in the plugin menu.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another new version available: 6.0.9 build 55 (ex5)

delta changelog:

- artwork cache double start
- add more fucntions to plugin menu
- add update libraries option
- fix multiserver manual db reset
- fix backup restore
- file io changed api

 

This could be the next beta version, if no major issues reported.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2021 at 10:15 PM, t123thomas said:

I am not sure or runs out of logic on why those issues occurred in 6.8, specific I am using this version "plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.4-build 71 (ex12)" non of those issues appear in this. see the screen shots below from movies and Tv shows, both have video settings as "Show Information" and they all play with out issues. Notice the cast and option to play are available.

 

TV shows.png

Movies.png

Sorry, which skin is this one?

Thanks! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@quickmicI have been experimenting with chapters but can't get it to work.
I tested with a few episodes that I see have chapters in Emby, but I can't get Kodi to skip to these chapters, instead it skips 10 minutes every time using the up and down key. Tested on both Windows and Shield with 6.0.9 build 55 (ex5).
Does E4K sync chapters?

Edited by BaukeZwart
Link to post
Share on other sites
DiscoDuck79
15 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

@quickmicI have been experimenting with chapters but can't get it to work.
I tested with a few episodes that I see have chapters in Emby, but I can't get Kodi to skip to these chapters, instead it skips 10 minutes every time using the up and down key. Tested on both Windows and Shield with 6.0.9 build 55 (ex5).
Does E4K sync chapters?

I tested with one movie and the chapters matched what I could see in MKVToolNix chapter editor. If you check your file with it, does it have chapters?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe chapters work, my question is are charters set in/by Emby synced.
I checked a file that does show chapters in Emby but not in MKVToolNix chapter editor. I guess the chapters are stored in an Emby db.
It would be nice if they could be synced to Kodi chapters or bookmarks.

Edited by BaukeZwart
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BaukeZwart said:

I believe chapters work, my question is are charters set in/by Emby synced.
I checked a file that does show chapters in Emby but not in MKVToolNix chapter editor. I guess the chapters are stored in an Emby db.
It would be nice if they could be synced to Kodi chapters or bookmarks.

Chapters are not synced to Kodi, cause it's part of the video stream. I haven't found an option to set bookmarks on Emby server (manually). Not sure is this is supported. Could be external by Emby server plugin...

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@ All

The latest experimental version has still a bug when removing (TV show) items and also multi version videos (sub-content) is not synced/removed on updates. Both will be fixed in next release.

Kodi db resync will be required 🥴

Edited by quickmic
Link to post
Share on other sites

Still having issues with recordings sync and or updates.

Did three test recordings and the active recording never showed up in Kodi. When they were finisht they did not show up automatically.

I tried the "new" update library option and than they showed up so that does work, at least this time because earlier I tried the update library option on another library because one new added tv show (NCIS) did not show up. When the update was finisht that new tv show still wasn't there and another tv show (NCIS Hawaii) that was visible was missing.

They both showed up again after doing the library repair.

All other libraries other than my recordings library update fine so far except for the mentioned NCIS TV show.

Thanks.

kodi.log embyserver.txt

Edited by heula
Link to post
Share on other sites
quickmic
15 hours ago, heula said:

Still having issues with recordings sync and or updates.

Did three test recordings and the active recording never showed up in Kodi. When they were finisht they did not show up automatically.

I tried the "new" update library option and than they showed up so that does work, at least this time because earlier I tried the update library option on another library because one new added tv show (NCIS) did not show up. When the update was finisht that new tv show still wasn't there and another tv show (NCIS Hawaii) that was visible was missing.

They both showed up again after doing the library repair.

All other libraries other than my recordings library update fine so far except for the mentioned NCIS TV show.

Thanks.

kodi.log 1.7 MB · 1 download embyserver.txt 16.62 MB · 0 downloads

I checked your Kodi log.

General:

Several shows reports:

"No series id associated" and or "Skipping empty show"

Also seems you have a NFS issue:

"InputStream: Error opening, nfs://192.168.1.157/volume4/Recordings/Studio Sport Eredivisie/Studio Sport Eredivisie 2021_09_18_22_25_00.ts"

looks this nfs drive is not accessable..

About NCIS:

I see the show was updated:

2021-09-21 17:12:13.056 T:13543    INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.tvshows.TVShows: ADD tvshow [1/194] 1489375: NCIS: Hawai'i
2021-09-21 17:12:13.138 T:13543    INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.tvshows.TVShows: ADD season [194/485] Seizoen 1: 1489376
2021-09-21 17:12:13.143 T:13543    INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.tvshows.TVShows: ADD episode [194/485/6406/6739] 1489377: Pilot

 

Is the "Pilot" Episode related to NCIS and is it the one not shown in Kodi?

The kodi.log doesn't report any issues at this spot.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...