embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
5 hours ago, wanderjarra said:

@quickmic  With this new version always redoing the database, every time I enter Kodi it asks for a Synchronization Resume, this is normal and intentional ???

No, seems there is something wrong. Please send me a kodi.log.

LichenKing
6 hours ago, wanderjarra said:

@quickmic  With this new version always redoing the database, every time I enter Kodi it asks for a Synchronization Resume, this is normal and intentional ???

This has happened to me.

This is because your database is in a partial sync with a previous version of the database. Please Reset your local Kodi database.

• Like 1

quickmic

New version available:

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.3-build 59 (ex9)

Delta changelog fixes:

- add library
- mandatory db reset (on Kodi start)
- manual db reset
- hide password
- tvtunes
- several minor fixes

This could be the first beta version of 6.x

I have no more issues on my list and start with edge case testing...

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 3

wanderjarra

This version plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.3-build 23 (ex3) is the only one that can read and group tvshows correctly with skins and without empty duplication.
The next 2 addons, either leave an empty folder with the skin and the tvshow without the posters, or place 2 tvshow as if they had been divided. Also present to me, error to continue to synchronize every time I enter the Kodi it does the rest of the sync, ends and when I enter again the same thing.

To test I made every time a fresh installation of Kodi and installed the addon to not have conflicts or errors.

@quickmic

quickmic
6 hours ago, wanderjarra said:

This version plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.3-build 23 (ex3) is the only one that can read and group tvshows correctly with skins and without empty duplication.
The next 2 addons, either leave an empty folder with the skin and the tvshow without the posters, or place 2 tvshow as if they had been divided. Also present to me, error to continue to synchronize every time I enter the Kodi it does the rest of the sync, ends and when I enter again the same thing.

To test I made every time a fresh installation of Kodi and installed the addon to not have conflicts or errors.

@quickmic

Please send me a kodi.log.

quickmic
1 minute ago, wanderjarra said:

kodi.old.log 1.91 MB · 0 downloads  

This is with the version that is working correctly.

Thanks, btw it's normal that grouped shows are not merged after a sync issue. This would be the last task after sync but never gets to that point.

quickmic
5 minutes ago, wanderjarra said:

kodi.old.log 1.91 MB · 0 downloads  

This is with the version that is working correctly.

Please send me a kodi.log with a failed sync. I'll also send you a test version. Another user reported a sync issue and should be already fix it in my test version. Probably it's the same issue as you have.

wanderjarra

kodi.old.log

This one is with version plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.3-build 59 (ex9), giving the same error of not merging TVshow files and error with Resume Sync every time I log into Kodi. When it runs for the first time, it doesn't do the library, I have to log out of Kodi once, log in again and resume the TVshow.

wanderjarra

Testing with version plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.3-build 61 (ex9) gives the same error of not mounting the Database first, I have to log out and log back into Kodi, just like the double folders without the kodi.old.log poster and without joining TVSHOW when they are on different HDs.
The log of this version is attached.
The version plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.3-build 23 (ex3) works perfectly, without the resume sync errors and the tvshows all correct.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
40 minutes ago, wanderjarra said:

Testing with version plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.3-build 61 (ex9) gives the same error of not mounting the Database first, I have to log out and log back into Kodi, just like the double folders without the kodi.old.log poster and without joining TVSHOW when they are on different HDs.
The version plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.3-build 23 (ex3) works perfectly, without the resume sync errors and the tvshows all correct.

Thanks for the log, I can see an issue in the MergeEmptyTVShows code. I'll investigate...

quickmic
1 hour ago, wanderjarra said:

I compared "plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.3-build 23 (ex3)" vs "plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.3-build 41 (ex6)"

Frankly the sync code is exactly the same in both versions so not sure what causes the issue. I need additional information and your help to find the problem.

Please perform several tests, use "plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.3-build 61 (ex9)", the one I send you via PM.

Don't use the productive system for the tests, use a PC.

Did you manually delete the kodi userdata folder? Tests must be performed with absolute clean Kodi environment.

First test, use plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.3-build 61 (ex9) and just run a sync.

If the issue appears, exit Kodi immediatly (don't trigger any further actions). -> backup kodi.log

Second test, use plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.3-build 23 (ex3) and just run a sync. -> backup kodi.log

send both logs to me. I'll send you a debug version for additional tests.

Thank you

Edited by quickmic

wanderjarra

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.3-build 61 (ex9)

kodi.log

Clean installation - plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.3-build 61 (ex9) after completion nothing appears on TVSHOW I just gave ALT-F4 and generated the log.

q1.PNG.7128e3bf782449593e3c4f432f8c2c35.PNG

I opened it again --> Resume the previous sync ? YES

q2.PNG.cfd7a1217ba7659fc85610a7f2738ddd.PNG

kodi.log - AFTER RESUME SYNC

• Thanks 1

wanderjarra

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.3-build 23 (ex3) 

kodi.log

Another new clean install - plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.3-build 23 (ex3)
PC always - same Emby user

q3.PNG.f679bafb2d676eefc60e109d9b51fbfb.PNG

It worked out of the box, without Resume Sync and with the TVShows showing up without having to restart and grouping correctly. No duplicity or error of the posters.

Thanks for the help, whatever you need I'll be here to do it.
If you need more logging, debugging or remote access just let me know.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
6 minutes ago, wanderjarra said:

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.3-build 23 (ex3) 

kodi.log 1.91 MB · 0 downloads

Another new clean install - plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.3-build 23 (ex3)
PC always - same Emby user

q3.PNG.f679bafb2d676eefc60e109d9b51fbfb.PNG

It worked out of the box, without Resume Sync and with the TVShows showing up without having to restart and grouping correctly. No duplicity or error of the posters.

Thanks for the help, whatever you need I'll be here to do it.
If you need more logging, debugging or remote access just let me know.

ok, I see a difference in the logs

23 (ex3) skips some libraries e.g.:

Library d565273fd114d77bdf349a2896867069 is not synced. Skip update.

This is not the case in 61 (ex9)

Did you select "all" when you started the init sync or a subset?

quickmic
1 minute ago, wanderjarra said:

I'm just selecting the TVSHOW folder to be faster.
But in both tests I'm selecting the same options.

ok, perfect. I think I know the problem. I'll try to fix it and send you a test version asap.

• Like 1

wanderjarra

Let's go into the saga again, first of all I would like to thank you for the help and attention you have given me in this case. I love this addon! ! !

Log -->  kodi.log

In the same way, he didn't set up the library the first time, I closed Kodi and reopened it and again he did the resume. Also follows the log after that.

kodi.log

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.3-build 61 (ex9) Debug 1

quickmic
29 minutes ago, wanderjarra said:

Let's go into the saga again, first of all I would like to thank you for the help and attention you have given me in this case. I love this addon! ! !

Log -->  kodi.log

In the same way, he didn't set up the library the first time, I closed Kodi and reopened it and again he did the resume. Also follows the log after that.

kodi.log 247.86 kB · 0 downloads

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.3-build 61 (ex9) Debug 1

Thanks, I'll try to fix the code. I think I've all the info I need.

btw, the only reason why 23 (ex3) worked was it has a bug. In your case it helpsed to continue the sync, but actually it was wrong.

e.g. check "MacGyver" content with 23 (ex3). I assume there are seasons/episodes missing.

Please let me know, if my assumption is correct. I could easily skip the issue, but if I do so, not sure if the sync is complete.

Edited by quickmic

wanderjarra

In the Macgyver case now that I saw it, he's only reading 66 episodes out of 94.
There are 5 seasons and he only read 3 of the first hdd, season 4 and 5 that are in another 2 hd he ignored.

quickmic
2 minutes ago, wanderjarra said:

In the Macgyver case now that I saw it, he's only reading 66 episodes out of 94.
There are 5 seasons and he only read 3 of the first hdd, season 4 and 5 that are in another 2 hd he ignored.

Yep, that's what I expected. So I need a good solution for the fix. Could take a while, not so easy.

• Thanks 1

wanderjarra

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.3-build 71 (ex11) Log --> kodi.log 

Clean installation

I didn't show the tvshow directly, I just closed it and got the log.

q5.thumb.PNG.45238e543bc1d2a7e0a19c715caad72e.PNG

Using Macgyver example - it is in 3 hdds, the addon is able to read all seasons and all episodes, but it creates 3 equal folders.
HDD 1 - 3 seasons (1, 2 and 3)
HDD 2 - 1 season (4)
HDD 3 - 1 season (5)

q6.thumb.PNG.7a288df2a4a64d69e22beb387c43ec1a.PNG

q7.thumb.PNG.90838072bd0226d9cbf4fd2fd07942af.PNG

q7.thumb.PNG.87a4b9c42389d4b34286920e8037574d.PNG

wanderjarra

If it got confused I try to be more clear. On Emby Server everything is fine as is version 4.x on Kodi 18.9

quickmic
9 hours ago, wanderjarra said:

Using Macgyver example - it is in 3 hdds, the addon is able to read all seasons and all episodes, but it creates 3 equal folders.
HDD 1 - 3 seasons (1, 2 and 3)
HDD 2 - 1 season (4)
HDD 3 - 1 season (5)

Based on your screenshot, HDD1 was synced and HDD2/3 was merged. Actually I never tried with triple split TV shows as you have. This is most likely the reason why it's not working. I'll perform a test.

Thanks for your testing, I come back to you.

Edit:

Confirmed, I can reproduce the issue. It's the triple split, I'll fix it.

Edited by quickmic