embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

Gizzmo80

Hi,

is there something special to the artists/crew sync since 6.0x versions?

Before, the crew was synced all the time with every sync operation. Since 6.xx version it‘s not but some versions before I recognized extra sync operations where the crew was synced extra. But since the last versions I don‘t see these extra syncs and because of the database resets all my movies are without crew members in KODI 19.1.

quickmic
48 minutes ago, Gizzmo80 said:

Hi,

is there something special to the artists/crew sync since 6.0x versions?

Before, the crew was synced all the time with every sync operation. Since 6.xx version it‘s not but some versions before I recognized extra sync operations where the crew was synced extra. But since the last versions I don‘t see these extra syncs and because of the database resets all my movies are without crew members in KODI 19.1.

I'll check that, probably a bug. TVShows, Movies or both?

btw, do you mean "cast" is not synced? Not sure what's the "crew" information.

Edited by quickmic

Gizzmo80

I have to check again, but I believe it‘s for movies and series.

Not shure about the english naming for this part, thought it would be crew because there are not only the actors, also regiseur etc. so… but  yes all actors etc. maybe correct naming is cast. Within Emby App all metadata for the cast are present and before these were synced.

The loading seemed a littlebit slower than before „next-gen“ but it was there. Since next-gen it was more like selecting an other movie, still seeing the actors of the movie before this, waiting 1-? seconds and the actors got refreshed to the selected movie. Before it seemed to really sync and save the actors in KODI database. Since next-gen it seemed to be a every time request without sync and save in KODI database.

But at the moment I get no cast data, only similar movies.

• Thanks 1

quickmic

Thanks for the logs. Have you tried a manual skin reload after first sync.

Both logs looking very good. Even the number of updated items is correct.

quickmic
On 8/16/2021 at 2:10 PM, Gizzmo80 said:

I have to check again, but I believe it‘s for movies and series.

Not shure about the english naming for this part, thought it would be crew because there are not only the actors, also regiseur etc. so… but  yes all actors etc. maybe correct naming is cast. Within Emby App all metadata for the cast are present and before these were synced.

The loading seemed a littlebit slower than before „next-gen“ but it was there. Since next-gen it was more like selecting an other movie, still seeing the actors of the movie before this, waiting 1-? seconds and the actors got refreshed to the selected movie. Before it seemed to really sync and save the actors in KODI database. Since next-gen it seemed to be a every time request without sync and save in KODI database.

But at the moment I get no cast data, only similar movies.

Did you cache the artwork before 6.x? That would explain exactly what you describe.

Also, please send me a kodi.log

Edited by quickmic

BaukeZwart
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

Thanks for the logs. Have you tried a manual skin reload after first sync.

Both logs looking very good. Even the number of updated items is correct.

Just checked on my Fire TV because that is also always on and showed the same behavier as the Shield.
This time I did a skin reload, nothing happened.
Restarted Kodi and a full sync started (full sync is expected after a tmm run, almost every show is updated)

So after a tmm run, Emby does pickup the nfo changes but somehow E4K isn't syncing the changes to Kodi without doing a restart.

Edited by BaukeZwart

quickmic

I'm still performing tests and I reviewed once again your logs. Beside several empty shows (a bit odd, but could be related to 'delete after watched' function) looks perfect.

On 8/16/2021 at 5:59 PM, BaukeZwart said:

almost every show is updated

Is there still an issue after Kodi restart sync? You mentioned "almost".

Edited by quickmic

BaukeZwart

Yes, I tested earlier today and after the Kodi restart I see the notifications for what looks like every TV show update. I currently don't have many movies in Emby but it looks they aren't synced after the Kodi restart, although tmm also update movies. 

fillidill

I've been using this amazing plugin (experimental version) for almost a week now and most seem to work really well! 

I however have one thing that is really annoying. I am using another fantastic plugin called virtual TV that makes channels out of your own media content. Initially it all seemed to work out of the box but strange things happen. Sometime the guide/epg gets out of sync but the weirdest thing is that sometime when I play a channel it plays media that doesn't even belong in that channel. It only happens in kodi. If I play the same channel in Emby browser it plays correctly so it must be something wrong that happens in the sync into kodi. Not sure what I can give to make troubleshooting easier as it is a bit random. 

quickmic
8 hours ago, fillidill said:

I've been using this amazing plugin (experimental version) for almost a week now and most seem to work really well! 

I however have one thing that is really annoying. I am using another fantastic plugin called virtual TV that makes channels out of your own media content. Initially it all seemed to work out of the box but strange things happen. Sometime the guide/epg gets out of sync but the weirdest thing is that sometime when I play a channel it plays media that doesn't even belong in that channel. It only happens in kodi. If I play the same channel in Emby browser it plays correctly so it must be something wrong that happens in the sync into kodi. Not sure what I can give to make troubleshooting easier as it is a bit random. 

Very similar case was reported by @hstamas

It's still under review.

• Thanks 1

fillidill
18 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Very similar case was reported by @hstamas

It's still under review.

Just let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

• Like 1

heula

Today I have updated from 5.3.4 to the latest experimental version. I needed to do a few changes to have it all working.

One thing I noticed is that in the widgets there were some episodes that were shown without a tv show poster. It seems that it needs a seasonxx-poster.jpg to get the tv show poster visible in the widget.

is it possible to have the poster.jpg work in the widgets when the seasonxx poster is not yet available?

I also saw that the Emby tv guide can be imported with live tv sync and simple pvr client.

I see the guide but not my timers and recordings. Is this something that will be available in the (near) future?

Thanks.

Edited by heula

quickmic

New version available:

6.0.4 build 30 (ex5)

Delta changelog:
- many changes under the hood

quickmic
1 hour ago, heula said:

is it possible to have the poster.jpg work in the widgets when the seasonxx poster is not yet available?

Artwork issues are reported by several people, so far I cannot reproduce any of them 😞 I've to design a proper test case, I'm working on that...

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

heula

I am used to delete episodes after watching.

I use this line in the keymap.xml “<F5>RunPlugin(plugin.video.emby-next-gen?mode=delete)</F5><!-- Delete emby item context menu shortcut will activate when pressing "F5" -->”

This is not working anymore for me.

Also currently recording items are not visible. They will only become visible when the recording has finisht.

Thanks.

hstamas

Noticing that Favorite Movies is not being synced.

Also you mention the newest build has the following feature:

“- add option to shows "manage libraries" in plugin menu”

where do we find this exactly? When I bring up the context menu all I see is the usual items including “Emby Options”. Should it be in there? Right now mine is blank.

• Agree 1

quickmic

New version available:

6.0.4 build 32 (ex7)

Delta changelog:

Season sync issue fixed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

quickmic
On 8/21/2021 at 2:37 AM, hstamas said:

Noticing that Favorite Movies is not being synced.

Also you mention the newest build has the following feature:

“- add option to shows "manage libraries" in plugin menu”

where do we find this exactly? When I bring up the context menu all I see is the usual items including “Emby Options”. Should it be in there? Right now mine is blank.

I'll check favorites sync...

manage libraries: -> config menu -> interface - > Show library management in plugin menu

hstamas
5 hours ago, quickmic said:

manage libraries: -> config menu -> interface - > Show library management in plugin menu

Yep I see that but I’m not seeing a context item anywhere while using Kodi? Like I mentioned my Emby Options contextual pop up is blank when I bring it up. Is that where this new option shou;d be showing up?

quickmic
37 minutes ago, hstamas said:

Yep I see that but I’m not seeing a context item anywhere while using Kodi? Like I mentioned my Emby Options contextual pop up is blank when I bring it up. Is that where this new option shou;d be showing up?

Context menu has a bug I'll fix it, anyway the library management will not be in context menu. It's added to the plugin menu.

quickmic
On 8/20/2021 at 10:42 PM, heula said:

I use this line in the keymap.xml “<F5>RunPlugin(plugin.video.emby-next-gen?mode=delete)</F5><!-- Delete emby item context menu shortcut will activate when pressing "F5" -->”

I'll fix that in next version.

Also currently recording items are not visible. They will only become visible when the recording has finisht.

Do you mean recording by Emby server? Did it ever worked with previous versions? Not sure if I can fix it...

heula
23 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I'll fix that in next version.

Do you mean recording by Emby server? Did it ever worked with previous versions? Not sure if I can fix it...

Yes, with previous recordings they were visible. They are also visible as current recording in the Enby app.

This way I can watch while recording if needed and skip the commercials.

quickmic
46 minutes ago, heula said:

Yes, with previous recordings they were visible. They are also visible as current recording in the Enby app.

This way I can watch while recording if needed and skip the commercials.

... and you are talking about dynamic content, right? Wouldn't make any sense for synced content.