embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
1 minute ago, t123thomas said:

Quickmic latest experimental is acting crazy, I can seem to make sense of the behavior, this is on fresh kodi. I have added few screen shots and log

At first the installation was ok, then it began the scan or sync, then stopped at adult, Kids, Foreign, Movies, and Tv show did not scan. As you will not the in screen shot the server config is blanked, each time I tried to fill the blank space the auto log in will pop up, just terrible apology for my comment, I am back to 5.3.3 let know when you have a new evrsion.

log 6.x.x

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Thanks, I see the problem. I'll fix it in next version...

Gizzmo80

Hi quickmic,

since the first 6.xx version the KODI setting for what should happen when selecting a database title seems to be ignored. I have setup, to get the infopage, but for me now the movie starts. A littlebit strange if I had selected a title once the next time I get the infopage.

Edit: OK checked again, maybe that point with the second time I get the infopage was with the first 6.xx version or I only thought it was working than. At the moment the movie starts every time I select a title.

Edit 2: if I change it to „ask what to do“ this is OK, but directly infopage is ignored.

Edited by Gizzmo80
  • Like 1

quickmic
5 minutes ago, Gizzmo80 said:

Hi quickmic,

since the first 6.xx version the KODI setting for what should happen when selecting a database title seems to be ignored. I have setup, to get the infopage, but for me now the movie starts. A littlebit strange if I had selected a title once the next time I get the infopage.

Please elaborate, not sure if I can follow. What do you mean with:

for what should happen when selecting a database title seems to be ignored

Please also upload a kodi.log

Gizzmo80

I can‘t upload a log at the moment but I mean this setting:

image.jpg

Edited by Gizzmo80
  • Like 1

Centory

Thanks for your hard work, but...

1. In settings menu i can not choose between addon/native mode.
2. When i open e4k, all important things are not available, only the nodes are here.
   So the e4k shortcut is useless, i have to go to the settings menu if i want to cache, rebuild, to update etc.
3. When i choose a point like cache, rebuild, update etc., the window switch always to homescreen, i don't like that much.
   For what are these changes? The usability was was in previous versions much better than now (V. 5 + 6).  
4. When i add a new movie to emby, in kodi i will see the new movie mostly only, when i restart kodi(WebSocket is active)
   Here was the older e4k version (version 4) better. Caching was also faster.
   Or with "Texture Cache Maintenance utility", this is 50 times faster on the same hardware.

edit:

Half of my homescreen nodes are switched to useless nonsense, like my node was Comedy, now it's Drama, when go inside is it Drama, yeah, Drama Baby.

Martial Arts is Classics etc.

Thanks for all, but for now, i'm done with this ...

Edited by Centory

t123thomas

Hi Quickmic, I was able add sets to except for movies, also, the back drop rotation of each node did not displayed something is broken I am back to 5.3.3, let me know when to test further.

• Like 1

quickmic
11 hours ago, Centory said:

Thanks for your hard work, but...

1. In settings menu i can not choose between addon/native mode.
2. When i open e4k, all important things are not available, only the nodes are here.
   So the e4k shortcut is useless, i have to go to the settings menu if i want to cache, rebuild, to update etc.
3. When i choose a point like cache, rebuild, update etc., the window switch always to homescreen, i don't like that much.
   For what are these changes? The usability was was in previous versions much better than now (V. 5 + 6).  
4. When i add a new movie to emby, in kodi i will see the new movie mostly only, when i restart kodi(WebSocket is active)
   Here was the older e4k version (version 4) better. Caching was also faster.
   Or with "Texture Cache Maintenance utility", this is 50 times faster on the same hardware.

edit:

Half of my homescreen nodes are switched to useless nonsense, like my node was Comedy, now it's Drama, when go inside is it Drama, yeah, Drama Baby.

Thanks for all, but for now, i'm done with this ...

I assume you use 4.x?

1. Correct, not sure why somebody ever needs that. It requires a database reset which can be done directly.

2. Yes I moved the configuration to "configuration" were it belongs to. How often do you use "rebuild"? Actually, this should never be needed, it's a workaround for invalid syncs. Also cache, how often? I use it maximum one time after initial sync.

3. Yes correct, the sync progress "bar" is not available in configuration menu due to modal dialog. The usability was better? I don't think so, but I'm open do add the options also into pluginmenu. I think it's a bad idea, configuration should be under "configurations" however @all, let me know if I should do so.

4. Cache,  probably it was faster, cause it was most likely broken. Actually, next gen uses the exact same method.

5. homescreen: This could be a bug, will check it

Anyway, if you happy with 4.x, there is no need to upgrade.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

quickmic
3 hours ago, t123thomas said:

Hi Quickmic, I was able add sets to except for movies, also, the back drop rotation of each node did not displayed something is broken I am back to 5.3.3, let me know when to test further.

Thanks, also for the kodi log via PM. As mentioned, seems there is a subtitle issue.

quickmic
12 hours ago, Gizzmo80 said:

Hi quickmic,

Edit: OK checked again, maybe that point with the second time I get the infopage was with the first 6.xx version or I only thought it was working than. At the moment the movie starts every time I select a title.

Edit 2: if I change it to „ask what to do“ this is OK, but directly infopage is ignored.

I'll check that, but frankly this sound like a Kodi bug.

Was is working in 5.x, have you recently updated Kodi?

BaukeZwart

First test with latest 6.x build was all positive. Everything I tested was all working. Specially love the fact that when deleting something it is now removed from view without neediness to blackout of the menu first. If I encounter something I will report back. 

Edited by BaukeZwart
  • Thanks 1

Gizzmo80

quickmic,

It was working with 5.xx versions, but yes I update my KODI with nightly builds from time to time. Could be an KODI issue. I had the feeling it changed with update to 6.xx while no KODI update, but…

I believe on my Shield 2017 I still have an older KODI version and still 5.xx embyforkodi. Will check there and report.

• Thanks 1

quickmic

New version available:

EXPERIMENTAL VERSION 6.0.2 build 110 (ex14):

Changes (delta):

- dynamic libraries: Added folder node
- Audiobook support (dynamic and synced)
- Music db, multiple fixes and massive sync performance improvements (music db still needs additional testing)
- bugfixes for transcoding

Review page one for a complete list of changes.

Audiobooks are supported now, even as synced library. Actually it's handeled like audio files, but due to unique music library "identification" (added in the one of the previous versions), it's possible to sync audiobooks too.

reminder:

Songs and Audiobooks needs valid artist and title tagging on emby server, otherwise it will not shown up in Kodi.

Next feature on the agenda, is Live TV support via iptvsimple addon.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
20 hours ago, Gizzmo80 said:

I can‘t upload a log at the moment but I mean this setting:

image.jpg

I performed a test, working fine. I keep an eye on that, but actually Kodi is in charge for this functionality.

quickmic
20 hours ago, Centory said:

Can anybody confirm that?

I tested the Genres, still fine on my boxes.

BaukeZwart
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

No, everything is as it should be.

• Thanks 1

t123thomas
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

What version to test?

Centory
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

This was on my libraries, on my NAS i have folders like: "Martial Arts, Classics, Action & SciFi" etc., i add every folder separate as library to emby. I never use genres.

But it doesn't matter, for now i switched to an older backup without emby.

Edited by Centory

t123thomas

Series of errors

Log

As I have previous reported,

1, Titan Skin back drop rotations is not working, it works perfectly in 5.3.3 see screen shot

2, Several options are missing Video addon > emby next gen -see screen shot

3, Titan skin can not add "set"

4, Emby next gen -configuration is empty -see screen shot

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

Capture6.PNG

quickmic
5 minutes ago, t123thomas said:

Series of errors

Log

As I have previous reported,

1, Titan Skin back drop rotations is not working, it works perfectly in 5.3.3 see screen shot

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

Capture6.PNG

I checked the second log, not sure if those issues came from next gen. Actually I don't think so cause it's a multiprocessing issue and next gen doesn't use it.

Not sure what you mean, please remember. I don't use this skin. I just installed it once as a test.

You mean in the plugin menu? Configurations options like manage libraries? -> Yes they are all moved to plugin "configurations" were the belong.

Do you mean nodes missing (in screenshot 4)? You haven't finished the initial sync, it's build after.

Also not sure what's the problem. Can you access "set" via next-gen plugin menu? If yes, it's a working node. I can perform a test with the skin.

What is empty? I can see it in your screenshots.

t123thomas
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

I checked the second log, not sure if those issues came from next gen. Actually I don't think so cause it's a multiprocessing issue and next gen doesn't use it.

Not sure what you mean, please remember. I don't use this skin. I just installed it once as a test.

You mean in the plugin menu? Configurations options like manage libraries? -> Yes they are all moved to plugin "configurations" were the belong.

Do you mean nodes missing (in screenshot 4)? You haven't finished the initial sync, it's build after.

Also not sure what's the problem. Can you access "set" via next-gen plugin menu? If yes, it's a working node. I can perform a test with the skin.

What is empty? I can see it in your screenshots.

The second to the screen shot, with TV show the back drop rotation is black normally it will show several fanart every five second in the six series that stopped working. When I switch back to 5.3.3 everything works fine. 

Configure is blank when E4K connect with server normally the server name, up address and the user name is filled, but in the six series these info are missing, see third screen shot its blanked out. 

If you see an indication that the sync is not completed, well I don't know what check because everything seem to sync as I can tell, except on the initial sync tv show fails to complete so I had to restart then it continues and it appears that it completed the sync.

Please check what changes that you have make that cause the skin back drop rotation from working because this has always work.

quickmic
31 minutes ago, t123thomas said:

Configure is blank when E4K connect with server normally the server name, up address and the user name is filled, but in the six series these info are missing, see third screen shot its blanked out. 

No longer available in 6.x, screenshot looks good.

If you see an indication that the sync is not completed, well I don't know what check because everything seem to sync as I can tell, except on the initial sync tv show fails to complete so I had to restart then it continues and it appears that it completed the sync.

Please send me a log with the sync interruption from TV-shows.

in in screenshot 4 are only favorites available, this means nodes are not loaded. Usually when sync is not finished, but could be also a bug.

t123thomas
54 minutes ago, quickmic said:

No longer available in 6.x, screenshot looks good.

Please send me a log with the sync interruption from TV-shows.

in in screenshot 4 are only favorites available, this means nodes are not loaded. Usually when sync is not finished, but could be also a bug.

please check your inbox

quickmic

yes i checked it, thanks. What skin are you suing exactly, looks like Confluence, right?

I try to load it, is there are kodi 19 version available?

Edit: found it

Edited by quickmic

t123thomas
1 minute ago, quickmic said:

yes i checked it, thanks. What skin are you suing exactly, looks like Confluence, right?

I try to load it, is there are kodi 19 version available?

The skin is Titan, I used confluence for troubleshooting  as its convenient, what I send you through private is Titan yes it's Kodi 9.1 and Titan Skin Matrix

• Like 1