Delta changelog:

- delete shortcuts added (to be tested)
- additional users menu fixed
- context menu fixed
- add/remove season fixxed
- parent artwork for seasons added

Edited by quickmic

hstamas

Latest experimental seems to have broken syncing of new content again.

a restart fixes it.

‘Also favorites still aren’t coming over in my case  

Logs attached.

kodi.log

Edited by hstamas

quickmic
8 hours ago, hstamas said:

a restart fixes it.

Logs attached.

kodi.log 358.59 kB · 1 download

Favourites is still in tyhe todo list.

New content: I don't think it's related to the latest version, but anyway. Still TVShows, seasons content issue? Artwork or general not synced?

heula
On 8/23/2021 at 12:59 PM, quickmic said:

... and you are talking about dynamic content, right? Wouldn't make any sense for synced content.

Probably, the currently recorded just appeared in the recently added widget in Kodi. Now they only appear when the recording is finisht.

edit:

Just checked on another Shield Tv that still runs Next gen 4.3.

There I see my active recordings appearing in the widget, With the newer next gen versions (6.04..) this is no longer the case.

20210826_143725.jpg

20210826_143711.jpg

20210826_143509.jpg

kodi next gen 4.3...log kodi next gen 6.04...log embyserver.txt

Edited by heula
  • Thanks 1

hstamas
5 hours ago, quickmic said:

Favourites is still in tyhe todo list.

New content: I don't think it's related to the latest version, but anyway. Still TVShows, seasons content issue? Artwork or general not synced?

Added a movie and an episode of a TV show the other day while the TV was turned off. Kodi was still reachable via the web server (my new way of checking if its "alive" or not). Even though it was active it did not recognize these 2 additions until I restarted Kodi. This was working properly on the previous experimental I believe.

Edited by hstamas

quickmic
3 hours ago, hstamas said:

Added a movie and an episode of a TV show the other day while the TV was turned off. Kodi was still reachable via the web server (my new way of checking if its "alive" or not). Even though it was active it did not recognize these 2 additions until I restarted Kodi. This was working properly on the previous experimental I believe.

Can you send me the log (before you restarted Kodi)? The one, where the sync should happen but actually didn't.

Also, if this happens again and before you restart Kodi, please send a text msg from Emby server to Kodi. The updates are pushed via websocket on runtime. The text-msg tests checks if the websocket connection is still alive.

Edited by quickmic

hstamas
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Can you send me the log (before you restarted Kodi)? The one, where the sync should happen but actually didn't.

Also, if this happens again and before you restart Kodi, please send a text msg from Emby server to Kodi. The updates are pushed via websocket on runtime. The text-msg tests checks if the websocket connection is still alive.

Will do but the log from me a few posts up is from before a restart.

Hi. 

I am just using 6.0.4 build 42 (ex8) on a Kodi 18.9 with default Estuary skin.

I have seen a couple of issues:

• In the movie list, when I press "i" to get information about a movie, nothing happens. However, "c" works and, if I choose "Information" from there, the upper part where actors and actresses are displayed is blank, saying "Cast not available". This was working properly with 5.3.2.
  • Still, when I play a movie, the subtitle language is wrong. Instead of the one chosen in Kodi for the default case, another is used. I use external .srt subtitles, as follows:
movie.ENG.srt
movie.SPA.srt

Thanks.

• Agree 1

With the old Emby for Kodi plugin I could post a message to the Emby API at /Sessions/{sessionId}/Message (which you can also do by clicking the "Send message" button in the Active Devices section of the Emby dashboard) and the message would show up in the Kodi UI. It worked beautifully.

I can't get that to work at all with the next-gen plugin. Is that a known issue? I don't know if it's a bug or if it just hasn't been implemented in the next-gen plugin. I have a lot of home automation that relies on that feature.

Edited by harrv

DiscoDuck79
7 hours ago, dml33 said:

Hi. 

I am just using 6.0.4 build 42 (ex8) on a Kodi 18.9 with default Estuary skin.

I have seen a couple of issues:

• In the movie list, when I press "i" to get information about a movie, nothing happens. However, "c" works and, if I choose "Information" from there, the upper part where actors and actresses are displayed is blank, saying "Cast not available". This was working properly with 5.3.2.
  • Still, when I play a movie, the subtitle language is wrong. Instead of the one chosen in Kodi for the default case, another is used. I use external .srt subtitles, as follows:

movie.ENG.srt
movie.SPA.srt

Thanks.

Making an assumption that you've set Spanish subtitles, then you need to change from movie.SPA.srt to movie.esp.srt or movie.es.srt

1 hour ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

Making an assumption that you've set Spanish subtitles, then you need to change from movie.SPA.srt to movie.esp.srt or movie.es.srt

Hi.

As stated in the Wiki Subtitles, Emby supports the ISO 639-1 (2 letters) / 639-2 (3 letters) codes for subtitles. Then, you are right, it should not be in capitals (although Emby server actually recognizes it), but "esp" is wrong. For spanish, "spa" or "es" shall be used instead.

I am suprised that embyforkodi could be parsing the srt file. I thought that the Emby server could be giving the file+language encapsulated to assure the compatibility among all Emby applications.

Thanks.

DiscoDuck79
3 minutes ago, dml33 said:

Hi.

As stated in the Wiki Subtitles, Emby supports the ISO 639-1 (2 letters) / 639-2 (3 letters) codes for subtitles. Then, you are right, it should not be in capitals (although Emby server actually recognizes it), but "esp" is wrong. For spanish, "spa" or "es" shall be used instead.

I am suprised that embyforkodi could be parsing the srt file. I thought that the Emby server could be giving the file+language encapsulated to assure the compatibility among all Emby applications.

Thanks.

You're correct, I checked the wrong ISO.

One thought, are you using native or addon mode? If using native it should be working straight away. If using addon I think the subtitle needs to be found by the server before you can use if for playback (not sure though..)

But it would be easy enough to test to download an srt and place it in the folder, try to initiate playback and check result. If it's not found do a refresh of the episode/movie on the server, when added by Emby server initiate playback again to test if it's available.

3 hours ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

You're correct, I checked the wrong ISO.

One thought, are you using native or addon mode? If using native it should be working straight away. If using addon I think the subtitle needs to be found by the server before you can use if for playback (not sure though..)

But it would be easy enough to test to download an srt and place it in the folder, try to initiate playback and check result. If it's not found do a refresh of the episode/movie on the server, when added by Emby server initiate playback again to test if it's available.

Hi. 

I use plug-in mode, which is the recommended one. The srt files are stored in the server, in the same folder as the corresponding movid. In Emby they are correctly recognized (file and language) and they work perfectly.

The only issue with the new 5.x and 6.x embyforkodi is that the subtitle language which is automatically played is not the one set as default in Kodi (English in my case). 

DiscoDuck79
42 minutes ago, dml33 said:

Hi. 

I use plug-in mode, which is the recommended one. The srt files are stored in the server, in the same folder as the corresponding movid. In Emby they are correctly recognized (file and language) and they work perfectly.

The only issue with the new 5.x and 6.x embyforkodi is that the subtitle language which is automatically played is not the one set as default in Kodi (English in my case). 

I use 5.3.4 and Kodi 18.9 and it works fine for me, my subtitle language is detected and automatically used if available.

Maybe this addon could be used if the problem persists? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=153783&pid=3020235#pid3020235

Seems to be getting mixed reviews...

quickmic
11 hours ago, harrv said:

With the old Emby for Kodi plugin I could post a message to the Emby API at /Sessions/{sessionId}/Message (which you can also do by clicking the "Send message" button in the Active Devices section of the Emby dashboard) and the message would show up in the Kodi UI. It worked beautifully.

I can't get that to work at all with the next-gen plugin. Is that a known issue? I don't know if it's a bug or if it just hasn't been implemented in the next-gen plugin. I have a lot of home automation that relies on that feature.

No, it's not a known issue. At least the "send message" works fine. Don't know your scripts, but if they use similar commands, should also work.

If the message is not received, sounds like a websocket issue. This would also prevent realtime updates from Emby server.

Can you send me a kodi.log please. Maybe I find something odd...

Do you use the experimental, beta or stable version and on which device is Kodi installed?

quickmic
3 hours ago, dml33 said:

Hi. 

In e4k native mode, subtitles are totally under control of native Kodi.

In addon mode the (default) language selection is not implemented yet for SRT subtitles. So far, I haven't found a proper way doing it. I'll look into that matter...

"Stream" subtitles should work in native and addon mode.

37 minutes ago, quickmic said:

No, it's not a known issue. At least the "send message" works fine. Don't know your scripts, but if they use similar commands, should also work.

If the message is not received, sounds like a websocket issue. This would also prevent realtime updates from Emby server.

Can you send me a kodi.log please. Maybe I find something odd...

Do you use the experimental, beta or stable version and on which device is Kodi installed?

Thank you for your reply. It's useful to know it works for you (even the "send message" through the dashboard doesn't work for me). I am at work now, but I will verify plugin version and repo later tonight (UTC-6) and will provide that info and attach a log if I still can't get it working.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, quickmic said:

In addon mode the (default) language selection is not implemented yet for SRT subtitles. So far, I haven't found a proper way doing it. I'll look into that matter...

Thank you! 

What about the action of pressing "i" to request information about a movie, which seems not to be working? And the "Cast not available"? 

Thanks

quickmic
2 minutes ago, dml33 said:

Thank you! 

What about the action of pressing "i" to request information about a movie, which seems not to be working? And the "Cast not available"? 

Thanks

checking, which content? movie, tvshow etc.

3 hours ago, quickmic said:

checking, which content? movie, tvshow etc.

In movies for sure. In TV Shows it may be working.  It does not work in TV Shows either.

Edited by dml33
  • Like 1

@quickmic Sorry, man, tonight the "i" and cast things have worked properly🤨 Yesteday, I even restarted a couple of times and it dis not worked.

I will keep it under observation, just in case 🙄

Thanks for your effort! 

• Like 1

DiscoDuck79
15 hours ago, quickmic said:

I use the addon mode and the subtitle selection is working like it should for me, if my selected language has a subtitle available (muxed or srt) it will be used. Is this just a fluke?

quickmic
5 hours ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

I use the addon mode and the subtitle selection is working like it should for me, if my selected language has a subtitle available (muxed or srt) it will be used. Is this just a fluke?

Selecting the correct default language (for SRT), yes it is but I'll fix it in next version.

quickmic
On 8/26/2021 at 12:26 AM, hstamas said:

a restart fixes it.

Logs attached.

kodi.log 358.59 kB · 2 downloads

I found one issue with TVShows favourites. Episodes and movies are fine. Can you confirm that?

quickmic

New version available:

6.0.4 build 71 (ex12)

Delta changelog

- added special feature selection to context menu
- favourites
- subtitle selection
- optimize code

• Like 1