quickmic

quickmic

New version available:

6.0.3 build 147 (ex22)

Delta changelog:

- realtime sync issues
- Kodi 18 issue
- code improvements

I modified several parts of the code to make it more readable. I hope I didn't break anything 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

docflo7

Hi ! 

The sync doesn't fail anymore with the new version 🙂

However, this particular show is now split in 2 entries (the separate part of the 2nd season is a different entry). The weird part is that the metadata are different. 

(i think it's because the second part is tagged by Kodi, instead of using Emby data. It also doesn't show in the "Anime" Emby library, while showing in the generic TV-Shows library from Kodi)

Here are screenshots of the 2 entries, and a kodi.log:

tensei_1.thumb.png.3f11bd5d63cef7c8112988d9d0061acf.pngtensei_2.thumb.png.8d072c6f498e40bc9b0d9ea83af87e18.png

quickmic
3 minutes ago, docflo7 said:

Hi ! 

The sync doesn't fail anymore with the new version 🙂

However, this particular show is now split in 2 entries (the separate part of the 2nd season is a different entry). The weird part is that the metadata are different. 

(i think it's because the second part is tagged by Kodi, instead of using Emby data. It also doesn't show in the "Anime" Emby library, while showing in the generic TV-Shows library from Kodi)

Here are screenshots of the 2 entries, and a  kodi.log 4.04 MB · 0 downloads :

tensei_1.thumb.png.3f11bd5d63cef7c8112988d9d0061acf.pngtensei_2.thumb.png.8d072c6f498e40bc9b0d9ea83af87e18.png

I think you have the same episode in multiple folders. Is my assumption correct?

quickmic

New version available:

6.0.3 build 151 (ex23)

Delta changelog:

- transcodeing issue fixed

- reconnection issue fixed

could be the next beta version...

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

docflo7
43 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I think you have the same episode in multiple folders. Is my assumption correct?

No, unfortunately that's not the case. The first Season 2 folder contains episodes 1 to 12, and the second one 13 to 18. 

However, there's a Special episode, located in the Specials folder, which is S00E08, and is indicated as Airing before S02E13 in Emby. But I tried changing it to somewhere in season 1 and it didn't help for the season 2.

• Like 1

quickmic
Just now, docflo7 said:

No, unfortunately that's not the case. The first Season 2 folder contains episodes 1 to 12, and the second one 13 to 18. 

However, there's a Special episode, located in the Specials folder, which is S00E08, and is indicated as Airing before S02E13 in Emby. But I tried changing it to somewhere in season 1 and it didn't help for the season 2.

ok, I'll check you case.

RaptorCentauri

Just a heads up, the link for the latest next-gen dev (6.0.3 build 151 (ex23) ) on the front page does not seem to be working.

• Like 1

quickmic
9 hours ago, RaptorCentauri said:

Just a heads up, the link for the latest next-gen dev (6.0.3 build 151 (ex23) ) on the front page does not seem to be working.

Fixed

quickmic
16 hours ago, docflo7 said:

The weird part is that the metadata are different. 

I'm not able to reproduce the issue. What do you mean with metadata are different? Metadata are NOT coming from Kodi, probably it's tagged differently on Emby server? This would explain the issue.

Edited by quickmic

docflo7
30 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Metadata are NOT coming from Kodi, probably it's tagged differently on Emby server? This would explain the issue.

Yes, I know that metadata shouldn't come from Kodi, that's why it seemed weird. I will double check the metadata on the server this evening, but it seemed fine.
It's clearly displayed as 1 entry on Emby, so I don't really understand how metadata like the synopsis could be different. I'll have a look with the metadata manager. 

I'll also check if I can reproduce this with an other show.

docflo7
8 hours ago, quickmic said:

probably it's tagged differently on Emby server? This would explain the issue.

Sooo, I did some investigation, it seems that the metadata was indeed a bit different (mostly the synopsis).
I completely removed the show from both folders, and re-imported it back in Emby (first the main part, then the 2nd half of season 2), and now the metadata is definitely the same, but the issue is still there. 

I also tried to take a show that has Season 1 to 4 in one folder, and Season 5 in another folder (which is correctly displayed)
Then move half of the Season 5 to the "main" folder, and it caused the same issue, second half of season 5 appears as a separate show in Kodi (and the second entry doesn't show in the "EMBY: Anime (tv-shows)" library entry in Kodi).

To be honest, I don't mind moving back that first half of the Season 2 with the 2nd half since it works like that. 😉

docflo7
3 hours ago, docflo7 said:

To be honest, I don't mind moving back that first half of the Season 2 with the 2nd half since it works like that. 😉

Well, nevermind, it's not working, I still have 2 entries in Kodi. 

And idk what changed when I did that attempt on that other show, but it's broken too now. 

So right now, the folder config is like that : 

/media
    /anime
        /Boku no Hero Academia
            /Season 0
            /Season 1
            /Season 2
            /Season 3
            /Season 4
        /Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken
            /Season 0
            /Season 1
    /anime-airing
        /Boku no Hero Academia
            /Season 5
            /Season 2

And both are displayed as 2 entries. (While it was perfectly fine for Boku no Hero Academia before messing with the folders, and its folder structure is back to what it was yesterday) 

I attached a kodi.log after a reset of the plugin. Also, I'm using 6.0.3 build 151 (ex23), I'll check the previous one again. And I don't know if emby server version could matter ? (I'm using 4.6.4.0)

edit: same behavior with 6.0.3 build 147 (ex22)

edit 2 : I managed to fix Boku no Hero Academia by removing it again from Emby server, and adding it back, one folder (season 1-4) after the other (season 5). 
The other show still have the issue, even if season 2 folder is one place. But this is probably because there are 2 OVAs in season 2, which are located in the Specials folder, and probably recreate the behavior of "one season split in 2 folders"

Edited by docflo7

quickmic
8 hours ago, docflo7 said:

Well, nevermind, it's not working, I still have 2 entries in Kodi. 

And idk what changed when I did that attempt on that other show, but it's broken too now. 

So right now, the folder config is like that : 

/media
    /anime
        /Boku no Hero Academia
            /Season 0
            /Season 1
            /Season 2
            /Season 3
            /Season 4
            /Season 0
            /Season 1
    /anime-airing
        /Boku no Hero Academia
            /Season 5
            /Season 2

And both are displayed as 2 entries. (While it was perfectly fine for Boku no Hero Academia before messing with the folders, and its folder structure is back to what it was yesterday) 

I attached a kodi.log after a reset of the plugin. Also, I'm using 6.0.3 build 151 (ex23), I'll check the previous one again. And I don't know if emby server version could matter ? (I'm using 4.6.4.0)

edit: same behavior with 6.0.3 build 147 (ex22)

edit 2 : I managed to fix Boku no Hero Academia by removing it again from Emby server, and adding it back, one folder (season 1-4) after the other (season 5). 
The other show still have the issue, even if season 2 folder is one place. But this is probably because there are 2 OVAs in season 2, which are located in the Specials folder, and probably recreate the behavior of "one season split in 2 folders"

Well I'll test additional scenarios but metadata consistency is out of scope. I cannot verify you them basted on logs.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

based on the log, the metadata still looking different:

2021-08-12 22:43:24.483 T:10344    INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.tvshows.TVShows: ADD tvshow [1/230] 119876: The Slime Diaries: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime

2021-08-12 22:43:28.469 T:10344    INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.tvshows.TVShows: ADD tvshow [1/244] 120046: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime

This seems to be the same show, but differently tagged

docflo7
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

This seems to be the same show, but differently tagged

No, this one is actually a different show. 
I'll try to setup a local emby instance later, with only the problematic show in the library, to see how it behaves. 

• Like 1

quickmic

New version available:

6.0.4 build 9 (ex2)

Delta changelog:

- fix musicvideo track info
- sync issues
- minor fixes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

docflo7

Hi ! I did more test using a local instance of Emby to have only the problematic show in a library, reproducing the folder structure with Season 2 in a different folder. 

From what I could see, the S00E08, which is in the Specials folder, but indicated as airing during Season 2 is causing the split issue. (so 
However, in order to fix the issue after removing that episode, I need to remove the folders from the library on Emby side and add them back (to remove all remaining metadata I guess). And then do a reset of the Kodi library (but that part makes sense)

After that, if I add the S00E08 back on the server and scan it, the plugin will correctly pick it up on kodi, keeping only 1 entry. 
If I do a reset of the Kodi library, it will have 2 entries. 

Here are 2 logs, one with the successful attempt giving one show, when the Special is not there, the second one giving 2 entries, with the special.

kodi.unified.logkodi.split.log

• Thanks 1

djhifi

Hey! How are you doing? Been kinda AFK for 2 months but im keeping up with the beta versions.

Question: I'm currently on 5.3.4 and wanted to test 6.0.2, is a "database reset" recommended? Asking this because I noticed some versions ago you posted "this version will initiate full db resync" you meant "reset" ?

And just to be sure, it still has "Native mode" support for those of us that like full skin integration, correct? ^^

Edited by djhifi

BaukeZwart
On 13/08/2021 at 16:45, quickmic said:

New version available:

6.0.4 build 9 (ex2)

Delta changelog:

- fix musicvideo track info
- sync issues
- minor fixes

I'm still having a sync issue. I run tmm daily to update new and existing shows. Shield is always on, with Kodi in the foreground. Since the last few builds I need to restart Kodi every day to sync the changed data. Not sure when to take a log that could show the issue. 

clarkss12

Have not read through all of these pages, but have a question on buffering.

I have your next-gen app running on one of my devices running CoreELEC.  Problem is that the high bitrate videos buffer because "source too slow for continuous playback".  Been awhile since I used this device, so not sure when this issue popped up.  When I play the same file directly using Kodi, there is NO buffering.

When using the high bitrate files under Android, I have to change the "max streaming Bitrate". under settings from auto to a minimum of 120 Mbits/sec.  Not sure if there is a setting in your Kodi next-gen to change the default bitrate to a min. of 120 Mbits/sec.

Edit: Running your Emby for Kodi app under Android does NOT have this issue.  

Edit 2:  Updated to your latest beta and problem solved.......... NO more "source too slow for continuous playback".   Great job!!!

Edited by clarkss12
  • Like 1

quickmic
On 8/15/2021 at 4:01 AM, djhifi said:

Hey! How are you doing? Been kinda AFK for 2 months but im keeping up with the beta versions.

Question: I'm currently on 5.3.4 and wanted to test 6.0.2, is a "database reset" recommended? Asking this because I noticed some versions ago you posted "this version will initiate full db resync" you meant "reset" ?

And just to be sure, it still has "Native mode" support for those of us that like full skin integration, correct? ^^

Latest version is 6.0.4 and yes, database reset is not only recommended. It's mandatory for upgrades from 5.x.

Native mode is still available, yes.

quickmic
9 hours ago, BaukeZwart said:

I'm still having a sync issue. I run tmm daily to update new and existing shows. Shield is always on, with Kodi in the foreground. Since the last few builds I need to restart Kodi every day to sync the changed data. Not sure when to take a log that could show the issue. 

Yes, please send me the log anyway. Any pattern?

quickmic
On 8/14/2021 at 4:31 PM, docflo7 said:

Hi ! I did more test using a local instance of Emby to have only the problematic show in a library, reproducing the folder structure with Season 2 in a different folder. 

From what I could see, the S00E08, which is in the Specials folder, but indicated as airing during Season 2 is causing the split issue. (so 
However, in order to fix the issue after removing that episode, I need to remove the folders from the library on Emby side and add them back (to remove all remaining metadata I guess). And then do a reset of the Kodi library (but that part makes sense)

After that, if I add the S00E08 back on the server and scan it, the plugin will correctly pick it up on kodi, keeping only 1 entry. 
If I do a reset of the Kodi library, it will have 2 entries. 

Here are 2 logs, one with the successful attempt giving one show, when the Special is not there, the second one giving 2 entries, with the special.

kodi.unified.log 207.13 kB · 0 downloads kodi.split.log 213.91 kB · 0 downloads

I'll check it soon. I was busy on the weekend. I was onsite at MotoGP 😉

• Like 1