embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

17 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Yes, this is possible. There are specific Emby-Server nodes generated. You can also the stock Kodi widgets.

Random movies are also working.

I think this may be a problem with KODI then.. 

quickmic
13 hours ago, InnKeepNY said:

Not meaning to jump on to the me as well but with plugin.video.emby-next-gen-5.2.02-build 115 (ex11) the login issue is fixed but still will only update thu the Kodi DB reset.

Yep, I'm working on that. Soon I'll upload a new version.

Home2008

My problem is still the following:
I'm starting the shield 2019 per kodi, then the addon won't go with me. There's no welcome news. I have to disable the Addon before I can activate. Then, after a moment, the news comes, welcome...

Is there any way to solve this?

quickmic
19 minutes ago, Home2008 said:

My problem is still the following:
I'm starting the shield 2019 per kodi, then the addon won't go with me. There's no welcome news. I have to disable the Addon before I can activate. Then, after a moment, the news comes, welcome...

Is there any way to solve this?

Which version are you using, and can you send me a log please.

If you use beta or an experimental version:

I'll release a new (experimental) version today or tomorrow. Please perform a test with the upcomming one.

Stable version should not be affected by login issues, but has sleep/hibernate issues.

quickmic

Have you tried a delayed startup option in Emby plugin options. Also select in Kodi native settings. Wait for network.

markdj
20 minutes ago, quickmic said:

New experimental version:

It addresses Login issues and some sync issues.

Known Bugs (related to that matter):

Crash if Emby server is not up on Kodi startup,

Crash on Emby Server shutdown.

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-5.2.02-build 159 (ex17).zip 566.33 kB · 0 downloads

I'll give it a spin later. Are you getting closer to fixing the sleep issue you think?

quickmic

At the moment I fix all issues I can reproduce and there are (still) several.

I hope it covers also (your) issue, but not directly addressed yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

t123thomas

Kodi- Matrix -plugin.video.emby-next-gen v5.2.01

I noticed that Kodi Matrix is running CPU at 100%, plus I see several line as delete, play back is very slow, see attached logs

These lines are repeating is this normal?
EMBY.views.Views -> DELETE node C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\video\embymovies14895ee3d991844aee62d94dd46dfb7a\alphabet/index.xml
 <general>: CVideoDatabase::UpdateDetailsForMovie: Starting updates for movie 2138

Log

Log2

quickmic
4 hours ago, t123thomas said:

Thanks for the test, the "DELETE node" msgs are normal, yes.

Plugin rebuilds, all alphabetical nodes on startup. Not the best way, but not critical. I'll improve it in one of the following version.

The other issue is critical. I'll perform a view tests, seems I missed something here. There is a invalid DB query while updating DB items (progress). This probably is also the reason, why playback is slow.

Which version did you use for the test? The experimental or regular beta? I assume it was the beta.

Edited by quickmic

oelwurst

I just recently updated to Kodi Matrix - and thanks to your great addon I can still use my emby database. I really appreciate your work!

I just realized a pretty strange effect regarding the release date info stored in my local nfo files (e.g. <releasedate>1961-01-01</releasedate>). It seems that for all movies with the release date prior to 1970-01-01 this information will not be imported to Kodi so the respective movies will not have no year nor release date when displayed. For all movies with release dates 1970-01-01 or later everything work absolutely fine!

BTW I am using ember media manager to store local nfo files.

Any idea what I could do?

quickmic
59 minutes ago, oelwurst said:

I just recently updated to Kodi Matrix - and thanks to your great addon I can still use my emby database. I really appreciate your work!

I just realized a pretty strange effect regarding the release date info stored in my local nfo files (e.g. <releasedate>1961-01-01</releasedate>). It seems that for all movies with the release date prior to 1970-01-01 this information will not be imported to Kodi so the respective movies will not have no year nor release date when displayed. For all movies with release dates 1970-01-01 or later everything work absolutely fine!

BTW I am using ember media manager to store local nfo files.

Any idea what I could do?

I assume you use Windows. This is a bug in the (python) datetime module for Windows. I'll try to find a workaround. At the moment there is nothing you can do about it.

oelwurst
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

I assume you use Windows. This is a bug in the (python) datetime module for Windows. I'll try to find a workaround. At the moment there is nothing you can do about it.

You are absolutely right - I am using Wondows. Thanks a lot for your quick response and support. That is amazing!

• Like 1

quickmic
16 hours ago, markdj said:

I'll give it a spin later. Are you getting closer to fixing the sleep issue you think?

If this still doesn't fix the sleep/hibernate issue, please let me know if a "restart Emby for Kodi" will bring it back to life.

Available under: e4k plugin configuration -> Advanced -> "Restart Emby for Kodi"

The manual reconnect work a bit different that the one after sleep/hibernate mode. It's a bit slower, but restarts the complete addon and not just tries a reconnect.

If this works, I can set it as default after wake up.

Edited by quickmic

markdj
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

If this still doesn't fix the sleep/hibernate issue, please let me know if a "restart Emby for Kodi" will bring it back to life.

Available under: e4k plugin configuration -> Advanced -> "Restart Emby for Kodi"

The manual reconnect work a bit different that the one after sleep/hibernate mode. It's a bit slower, but restarts the complete addon and not just tries a reconnect.

If this works, I can set it as default after wake up.

Haven’t had a chance to try it yet but will do so tonight. I noticed that reinstalling the add-on also starts the update process again.

Anyway, will report back.

• Like 1

t123thomas
9 hours ago, quickmic said:

Thanks for the test, the "DELETE node" msgs are normal, yes.

Plugin rebuilds, all alphabetical nodes on startup. Not the best way, but not critical. I'll improve it in one of the following version.

The other issue is critical. I'll perform a view tests, seems I missed something here. There is a invalid DB query while updating DB items (progress). This probably is also the reason, why playback is slow.

Which version did you use for the test? The experimental or regular beta? I assume it was the beta.

Test was based on 5.2  which causes the cpu to run high, as noted in the previous attached logs reports

I have down graded to 5.1.1 cpu is normal/quiet, playback/fast is fast as expected, errors disappeared

Thanks for your supports

kodi.log

kodi.old.log

• Like 1

Gofran

Please can you also do small step by step because after installment i only see favorite show,movie,episode i am on beta installment of emby also is that why or is there somthing else

quickmic
1 minute ago, t123thomas said:

Can you provide the zip file for a side load, I can not find the 5.2.02 in repo

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/releases/tag/5.2.02

At the bottom there is a Assets link "Source Code (zip)"

You can use that, due python is a scripting language, there is no difference between source and "binaries".

Link is:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/archive/refs/tags/5.2.02.zip

• Thanks 1

quickmic
8 minutes ago, Gofran said:

Please can you also do small step by step because after installment i only see favorite show,movie,episode i am on beta installment of emby also is that why or is there somthing else

As mention in the previous posting, just download the zip:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/archive/refs/tags/5.2.02.zip

Next, you have to install it manually.

Kodi:

Addons -> install from zip file -> select the downloaded zip.

If you use a device, you need to copy that file to your e.g. home folder via e.g. FTP

Edited by quickmic