embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

TobyTentakel
8 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Well, I need a pattern to address the issue. Could be also related to the Chinese characters.

No, happens with all other movies with regular characters as well. And as I said, it seems the "sort title" field is empty in all cases in my Emby library, no matter if added 2 years ago or just now, but in Kodi, only the recently synced movies using E4K show a "0" instead of the tagline. I will do some more investigations tomorrow, maybe I find something to narrow it down.

markdj
26 minutes ago, TobyTentakel said:

No, happens with all other movies with regular characters as well. And as I said, it seems the "sort title" field is empty in all cases in my Emby library, no matter if added 2 years ago or just now, but in Kodi, only the recently synced movies using E4K show a "0" instead of the tagline. I will do some more investigations tomorrow, maybe I find something to narrow it down.

Yeah I noticed it, too, with one movie a few days ago. Haven't checked all movies, though. Just saw it with the one I watched.

quickmic
2 minutes ago, markdj said:

Yeah I noticed it, too, with one movie a few days ago. Haven't checked all movies, though. Just saw it with the one I watched.

So it's only on new content, not updated existing content? -> I try to design a test case.

markdj
1 minute ago, quickmic said:

So it's only on new content, not updated existing content? -> I try to design a test case.

I'm not sure. For me, it's a low priority at the moment. I'd rather see the sleep issue fixed first :)

quickmic
10 minutes ago, markdj said:

I'd rather see the sleep issue fixed first :)

Please test latest experimental version I dropped today.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

markdj
9 hours ago, quickmic said:

Unfortunately nothing :(

markdj
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

ok, please send me another log via PM after wake up and wait + 30 Seconds.

just sent it

CharleyVarrick

This just to add me to the list.

My issue is I cant login to emby next gen, I type credentials but Sign In button does nothing, no error message.

I have sent already last log to quickmic and wait further instructions.

I had similar issue 2 days ago & managed to login with a workaround*, but for latest case on hand, the workaround does not let me login

*from emby/dashboard/users I created a new user and used those new credentials to login kodi

Edited by CharleyVarrick
  • Like 1

TobyTentakel
21 hours ago, quickmic said:

I assume, cause there is no sort title available. Can you please add it and check it's correct after modification.

If this is the issue, I can use original title for sync if sort title is empty.

Adding a sort title and resyncing didn't help, empty tagline is still displayed as 0.

quickmic
2 hours ago, CharleyVarrick said:

This just to add me to the list.

My issue is I cant login to emby next gen, I type credentials but Sign In button does nothing, no error message.

I have sent already last log to quickmic and wait further instructions.

I had similar issue 2 days ago & managed to login with a workaround*, but for latest case on hand, the workaround does not let me login

*from emby/dashboard/users I created a new user and used those new credentials to login kodi

For the moment you can try latest stable version 5.1.7 or use a backup with existing login credentials.

The logins are very different and I hope it works, but something must be really odd in you setup. Thanks for the log, I already reviewed it.

• Like 1

quickmic
27 minutes ago, TobyTentakel said:

Adding a sort title and resyncing didn't help, empty tagline is still displayed as 0.

ok, thanks, really odd but I haven't performed any tests yet. Anyway I found some issues in the sync procedure, but this should not cause invalid records.

CharleyVarrick
42 minutes ago, quickmic said:

For the moment you can try latest stable version 5.1.7 or use a backup with existing login credentials.

The logins are very different and I hope it works, but something must be really odd in you setup. Thanks for the log, I already reviewed it.

Will do, where do I find latest stable version 5.1.7 ?

CharleyVarrick
2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

In Emby-Kodi stable repository.

Sorry where is Emby-Kodi stable repository ?

Hopefully not within Kodi as I'm locked out of it by login issue

CharleyVarrick
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

I logged in on first try with stable 😀

It has been a while since last time I clean installed Kodi and was a little rusty to find my way around.

About my "really odd setup", what do you mean, hw, emby settings ???

Edited by CharleyVarrick

quickmic

Well, something I can not reproduce at the moment. I've tried all possible methods I could imagine. Embyconnect, manual server, autodetect server. All of them via WAN & LAN.

Only possible issue I can think of, is a timing issue.

• Like 1

CharleyVarrick

Yesterday afternoon, 30 minutes after all libraries were added*, I was a little worried when I tried to "gracefully" exit Kodi and the power option dialog froze.

At this point, Kodi froze solid, not even greying out or anything, (like hung up app usually do with the accompanying "Windows will tell MS about..." dialog).

Task Mgr confirmed Kodi was not responding. After 10 minutes of not doing anything , I resolved to use the top right "X".

Since then, I have not encountered any freezing while using or gracefully exiting Kodi, so all is good and well.

* Again, I have to point out a job well done in regards to the speed at which Emby libraries are now added to Kodi.

This used to be an overnight long process in the past, now BLAZING fast. 😀 

Thanks for your help

Edited by CharleyVarrick

I have actually tried out this plugin.. in KODI ( was curious about it I tried it sometime previous to 2011 I think )... I got this problem several times but before the plugin..

Had some real trouble setting it up. Install directory is like 1 GB now..

CharleyVarrick
9 minutes ago, Hxemby001 said:

I have actually tried out this plugin.. in KODI ( was curious about it I tried it sometime previous to 2011 I think )... I got this problem several times but before the plugin..

Had some real trouble setting it up. Install directory is like 1 GB now..

Over here, Program file/Kodi is 135mb, User/Appdata/Roaming/Kodi 287mb.

Should you want to try it out again, the roadmap is http://kodi.emby.media/

Clean install strongly suggested

I have a question.. is there support for this addon to display a widget or for a widget to actually get information from this plugin..

I figured out there was more to configuring KODI tonight, but tried to complete changing the Movies menu on the Home page to display Random Movies  from the NextGen plugin.. without success... 

quickmic
5 hours ago, Hxemby001 said:

for a widget to actually get information from this plugin.

Yes, this is possible. There are specific Emby-Server nodes generated. You can also the stock Kodi widgets.

Random movies are also working.

InnKeepNY

Not meaning to jump on to the me as well but with plugin.video.emby-next-gen-5.2.02-build 115 (ex11) the login issue is fixed but still will only update thu the Kodi DB reset.

markdj
On 3/15/2021 at 9:11 PM, quickmic said:

On my other Shield Emby refused to connect so I had to revert back to the beta version of the repo there.