embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
Just now, TobyTentakel said:

The reason I preferred native mode over addon mode in the past is that it worked even when the Emby4Kodi addon was having problems or hanging in a sync loop. I could still play my media files. If I remember correctly, I could even disable the addon after a full sync and work with the existing links in the database. I have now moved to addon mode, but run into the issue that while the addon is busy doing something on startup, I can't play my files. Will test with the latest build next week.

That's also correct, but in this case it will also not sync progress etc.

zjeffer

I just realized I can't play any media. Here's a full log from starting Kodi to trying to play something:

https://pastebin.com/KadBmFsB

The two last lines is me force-closing Kodi because Kodi has frozen. Yesterday I could play media without issues.

EDIT: looks like some media can be played, but some can't. I haven't yet found why.

Edited by zjeffer

quickmic
28 minutes ago, zjeffer said:

I just realized I can't play any media. Here's a full log from starting Kodi to trying to play something:

https://pastebin.com/KadBmFsB

The two last lines is me force-closing Kodi because Kodi has frozen. Yesterday I could play media without issues.

Beside the Websocket issue, there could be also a subtitle issue. I'll also check that too.

You can switch to stable repo (5.1.17) if it worked yesterday.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

zjeffer
38 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Beside the Websocket issue, there could be also a subtitle issue. I'll also check that too.

You can switch to stable repo (5.1.17) if it worked yesterday.

This is the result of playing a media file on 5.1.17 that also didn't work on the beta version:

https://pastebin.com/e5jLch6d

It also just keeps loading, pressing the X key freezes Kodi entirely instead of just stopping the stream. The file doesn't have any trouble playing on the Emby website.

quickmic
8 hours ago, zjeffer said:

This is the result of playing a media file on 5.1.17 that also didn't work on the beta version:

https://pastebin.com/e5jLch6d

It also just keeps loading, pressing the X key freezes Kodi entirely instead of just stopping the stream. The file doesn't have any trouble playing on the Emby website.

That's an "internal server error 500". Let me do it step by step, at the moment they all could be related to each other.

marcmv1

Morning. Thanks for all the hard work on Emby for Kodi. It's a great product that I rely heavily on for all my couch potatoing! :)

On the previous version of Emby for Kodi, there was an option to prompt to delete TV shows once you finished watching. Could I request this feature be reimplemented?

Thanks!

• Like 1

quickmic
35 minutes ago, marcmv1 said:

Morning. Thanks for all the hard work on Emby for Kodi. It's a great product that I rely heavily on for all my couch potatoing! :)

On the previous version of Emby for Kodi, there was an option to prompt to delete TV shows once you finished watching. Could I request this feature be reimplemented?

Thanks!

It's already on the list. I'll add it in the one of the next versions.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
On 3/7/2021 at 4:36 PM, BaukeZwart said:

I can confirm that 5.2.01 fixed the backup issue I reported earlier.
Only a new issue came in it's place, when using "Emby options/refresh this item" I'm getting an error now. This was working fine in 5.1.17.

https://paste.kodi.tv/sajesucihu

I fixed that option, just one question cause I never use it. What's the effect of this option?

BaukeZwart
22 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I fixed that option, just one question cause I never use it. What's the effect of this option?

It does a "refresh metadata".
I need to do that ATM because I share the source folder with my nvidia shield and firestick both still running stock Kodi. Due to that the test setup wit E4K is lossing background and other Metadata when the NFO in the data is the source folders is changed the non-emby setup.

Not sure if it's caused by the same bug but I also noticed that the file delete option in E4K also isn't working in the last beta.

embyL0VER

@quickmichi,

I just registered to first thank you for spending your time to develop such a nice addon and of course to give you some feedback about the knowing bugs. :)

Addon version 5.2.01 installed on fire tv stick and fire tv cube syncs fine using the default estuary skin, also after restart there comes the welcome notification. However using .xml modified version of the embuary skin, sync after restart doesn't work. There also doesn't come up the welcome popup messsge. Maybe it is the sleep-mode issue but I think it is something skin related, cause switching back to estuary, problem is gone. Don't know if you can look at it maybe together with sualfred.

Edited by embyL0VER
  • Like 1

Home2008

The new version makes infinitely long Emby updates to the database. Is this normal?It never gets done.

quickmic
1 hour ago, Home2008 said:

The new version makes infinitely long Emby updates to the database. Is this normal?It never gets done.

It gets done, but it's not normal. I also had the same issue. Only happens (sometimes) when updates are pushed from emby server.

zjeffer

@quickmic I did a local database reset, and that seems to have fixed all my issues. Thanks for all your help with the addon :)

Edited by zjeffer
  • Like 1

quickmic
3 minutes ago, zjeffer said:

@quickmic I did a local database reset, and that seems to have fixed all my issues. Thanks for all your help with the addon :)

Can you send me a log. I wanna check, actually I also will perform a test on Arch Linux.

Marlon1805

Hi, I am running an RP4 with the Emby server (Ver. 4.5.4.0). The media are all correctly recognized on the server. But with Kodi (Matrix, 19.0, Win10) and the Emby-Next-Gen Plugin 5.2.01 no music is imported. The albums are displayed, but without a title (i.e. without content). Debug log is attached.

kodi.log

markdj

Just a quick note/bug report:

if you generate a new device ID and try to reset the database afterwards Emby becomes unresponsive. Only way to fix this is to uninstall Emby and remove its settings, then reinstall.

• Like 1

quickmic
18 minutes ago, markdj said:

Just a quick note/bug report:

if you generate a new device ID and try to reset the database afterwards Emby becomes unresponsive. Only way to fix this is to uninstall Emby and remove its settings, then reinstall.

Thanks, I put it on the list.

eddedrukker

Hi there, use kodi matrix, win 10 and emby next 5.2.... when i wake my htpc (win 10) and kodi start automatic and then i wake my server where the embyserver is than my kodi has no background images anymore, all black. I set kodi that i must give me random kodi movie artwork for movies, and for series offcorse tv artwork. When i close kodi than and start.it again it gives me random images. Seems to be when kodi ( htpc win 10) comes out of sleep mode. My server is also in sleepmode, when i want to watch movies from the server i wake the server from within kodi ( wake on lan) after 10 / 15 sec the server is awake and normaly when i was on kodi 18.9 and emby it gave me a welcome and than i know the server is on. That also doesn,t happen anymore, at least not after resume from sleep. Skin i use is aeon nox silvo for kodi 19 matrix

grtz ed

Edited by eddedrukker
  • Like 1

Marlon1805
22 hours ago, Marlon1805 said:

Hi, I am running an RP4 with the Emby server (Ver. 4.5.4.0). The media are all correctly recognized on the server. But with Kodi (Matrix, 19.0, Win10) and the Emby-Next-Gen Plugin 5.2.01 no music is imported. The albums are displayed, but without a title (i.e. without content). Debug log is attached.

kodi.log 358.88 kB · 0 downloads

**update**

Sorry, it seems that the Failure is not the AddOn, it's the Server. He finds only the Album-Info, but not one Song of the Album.

• Like 1

zjeffer
On 3/9/2021 at 7:20 PM, quickmic said:

Can you send me a log. I wanna check, actually I also will perform a test on Arch Linux.

I think the problem was that I had 2 versions of the same movie, but I deleted one version and Kodi didn't realize it was gone. Playing the deleted file obviously doesn't work, so a local database reset fixed that problem.

I noticed in the logs that I do stil have an error, see the lines starting at timestamp "2021-03-11 17:47:00.494":

https://pastebin.com/P2h1Y5dC

quickmic

Yes, it' still the Websocket and I still think it's related to python 3.9. I'll perform a test in the next days to check.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

zjeffer

Another issue I have: since Kodi v19, every time I start Kodi I have to choose the Emby user. I'd like an option to remember the user because I always log into the same user on this device. I was wondering if it was possible to set a default Emby user? I've looked around in the addon settings but I haven't found anything yet.

markdj

Anyone else still having issues with Emby disconnecting/having trouble reconnecting after or while the Shield is asleep? It even happened to me immediately after starting Kodi.

embyL0VER

@markdj I think this issue isn't fixed at all and maybe also related to the skin which is used in Kodi.

Which skin are you using and did you try it by only using "Estuary" default skin?

jaybird2203
7 hours ago, zjeffer said:

Another issue I have: since Kodi v19, every time I start Kodi I have to choose the Emby user. I'd like an option to remember the user because I always log into the same user on this device. I was wondering if it was possible to set a default Emby user? I've looked around in the addon settings but I haven't found anything yet.

Windows 10, Kodi 19 here. I logged in with a single user and have never had to re-enter login details after the initial time. This going back to the very first few emby-next addon versions. 

Have you had scenarios with multiple logins being used in the past? 

Is it all login details? Just the password?

Edited by jaybird2203