embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
16 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

So basically I can say the last build 5.2.02 works great so far. 

Tested on FireTV Cube with estuary default skin, modded-embuary and Arctic Horizon.

Gives me a one time error popup notification on startup with embuary but can't reproduce it. Have a Kodi.log attached in case it is relevant but as I said was only a one timer and beside that works flawlessy.

Thank you very much quickmic!

kodi.log 46.4 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks, that's good news.

I see the issue in the log and it's surly not the only problem with this version. e.g. don't try context menu.

It's just a test version addressing the sleep mode problem.

• Like 1

markdj

Watched a movie just now and updated some artwork afterwards but nothing happened. The Shield hadn’t been put to sleep yet.

Will report back tomorrow in any case after it’s been asleep.

alado70839

Hi ,

I installed the last experiment one ( 5.2.02 build 72 ) on shield TV, it didn't resolve the sleep issue. Can't login in after restart the KODI

Edit: default skin is okay, issue only happened after switching to embuary skin

Edited by alado70839

djhifi
On 3/7/2021 at 7:54 PM, quickmic said:

Sorry, maybe I forgot.

There is no "correct" mode. Addon mode works in any case, native only if you have direct file access.

kodi db files are always used. The "sync" syncs the kodi db(s) with emby server.

The difference is, in native mode kodi db(s) are loaded with (direct) filepathes (that's why file access is necessary). Addon mode loads "virtual http" pathes (piped through socketserver) and redirects it to Emby server.

Native mode has only one benefit. If an external plugin is related to native file pathes (which are very very few), addon mode will not work for them.

On the other hand, if you use native filepathes, several features (multivideo, transcoding and several more) are not supported. Addon-mode manipulates/injects some modifications when queries those "virtual http" pathes.

The manipulations are required, due a lag of Kodi native support for those features.

Sorry for taking some time to get back to you.

Got it. And thanks for answering. I think that in the past, Native Mode was the correct way for a more "fully fledged" KODI experience in case we wanted 100% skin integration. And with addon-mode it didn't work as well.

I remember having some conversations with angelblue05 about this.

Maybe things have changed, but anyway: Thanks for continuing the support for Native Mode.

As soon as I installed 5.X.X I immediately selected it without even thinking about addon-mode. I never used it. Only then I came here and read what you said in the beginning, when you took over E4K.

Glad you decided to keep native-mode.

Keep up the amazing work.

markdj
9 hours ago, markdj said:

Watched a movie just now and updated some artwork afterwards but nothing happened. The Shield hadn’t been put to sleep yet.

Will report back tomorrow in any case after it’s been asleep.

Just woke the Shield but no updates unfortunately.

quickmic

New experimental version:

This version fixed the login issue (NOT TESTED WITH KODI 18)! Don't use it, for Kodi 18, it could break the settings files.

The problem was the settings file reading was broken at least in python 3.9

Due to that issue it also broke the sync file reading. All users who experienced that issue had also a sync issue on Kodi startup. This should be fixed too.

ALSO DON'T UPLOAD LOG FILES to forum with this version! The masking of confidential data is disabled!

Send me logfiles via PM.

Tested with Arch Linux python 3.9

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-5.2.02-build 89 (ex8).zip

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

alado70839
6 hours ago, quickmic said:

New experimental version:

This version fixed the login issue (NOT TESTED WITH KODI 18)! Don't use it, for Kodi 18, it could break the settings files.

The problem was the settings file reading was broken at least in python 3.9

Due to that issue it also broke the sync file reading. All users who experienced that issue had also a sync issue on Kodi startup. This should be fixed too.

ALSO DON'T UPLOAD LOG FILES to forum with this version! The masking of confidential data is disabled!

Send me logfiles via PM.

Tested with Arch Linux python 3.9

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-5.2.02-build 89 (ex8).zip 571.74 kB · 6 downloads

I tried this one with sheild TV pro , same login problem if I'm using the embuary skin, it's fine with the default one

quickmic
6 minutes ago, alado70839 said:

I tried this one with sheild TV pro , same login problem if I'm using the embuary skin, it's fine with the default one

This sounds like a bug in embuary skin.

Please send me a log via PM.

zjeffer

The login problem is fixed with that build, I sent you a log file via PM, in case you can use it for further development. Thank you very much!

• Like 1

quickmic
On 3/12/2021 at 5:55 PM, wanderjarra said:

Now, for example, I can find the seasons divided into other hard drives, but they still show me as separate things.
Example - The Blacklist - a folder with that name containing the 7 seasons and another with the same name containing the 8 season.
In one of The Blacklist folders the season folders are correctly displayed and in the other The Blacklist folder only the episodes, I don't know if it makes a difference that I detail this.
In all cases he did not recognize any images, be it poster, thumbs or anything related, just the NFO.

I will now test how the play, stop and things like this are working.

Which emby server version do you use?

zjeffer

New issue in 5.2.02 build 89:

Selecting the 'Emby options' item in the context menu when selecting a media item will throw an error. I'll send the log in DMs.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
35 minutes ago, zjeffer said:

New issue in 5.2.02 build 89:

Selecting the 'Emby options' item in the context menu when selecting a media item will throw an error. I'll send the log in DMs.

Thanks, yes I know. There are also additional issues in the experimental version.

• Like 2

TobyTentakel

One thing I noticed today with all recently synced movie files: if in Emby a movie has no tagline field set in the metadata, it gets displayed as "0" in Kodi. Not sure who is the culprit here, but it only affects more recent imports.

9 minutes ago, ntilagoa said:

Hi @quickmic

STRM files still not playing with the new version of plugin. (5.1.17)

Thank you

Hi, please help him help you: 

quickmic
18 minutes ago, ntilagoa said:

Hi @quickmic

STRM files still not playing with the new version of plugin. (5.1.17)

Thank you

Please send me a kodi.log. I've tested strm files, but they could be vary by case.

quickmic

New experimental version, not tested under Kodi 18:

Additional fixes addressing connection issues. (Emby server reboot etc.)

fyi:

Those connection issues in 5.2.X came from several changes especially in the connection modules.

I started implementing multi-emby-server support. It's not finished and still not working yet, but I have to address all server communication modules with server-id tags.

This is required for identification. The only visible difference is currently in the plugin option menu.  The server names added as an extension.

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-5.2.02-build 115 (ex11).zip

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
1 hour ago, TobyTentakel said:

One thing I noticed today with all recently synced movie files: if in Emby a movie has no tagline field set in the metadata, it gets displayed as "0" in Kodi. Not sure who is the culprit here, but it only affects more recent imports.

What kind of tagline do you mean?

TobyTentakel
11 minutes ago, quickmic said:

What kind of tagline do you mean?

This one in the movie metadata, see screenshot. On most Kodi skins including the default one, if this entry is present, it will be displayed right under movie title in the menus. For my most recent syncs, it displays "0" instead under the movie title in Kodi, but the metadata on the Emby server is correct.

emby_tag.png

quickmic
3 minutes ago, TobyTentakel said:

This one in the movie metadata, see screenshot. On most Kodi skins including the default one, if this entry is present, it will be displayed right under movie title in the menus. For my most recent syncs, it displays "0" instead under the movie title in Kodi, but the metadata on the Emby server is correct.

emby_tag.png

I assume, cause there is no sort title available. Can you please add it and check it's correct after modification.

If this is the issue, I can use original title for sync if sort title is empty.

TobyTentakel
Just now, quickmic said:

I assume, cause there is no sort title available. Can you please add it and check it's correct after modification.

ok, will test tomorrow! thanks!

• Thanks 1

TobyTentakel
2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

However, on quick check, I can't find any movie in my Emby library that has "Sort title" set? It is empty in all cases I just checked (~20 movies).

Also, not sure if using original title as a fallback is a good idea - it is often not the desired title name, like above with the Japanese characters.

quickmic

Well, I need a pattern to address the issue. Could be also related to the Chinese characters.