embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

markdj
8 hours ago, embyL0VER said:

@markdj I think this issue isn't fixed at all and maybe also related to the skin which is used in Kodi.

Which skin are you using and did you try it by only using "Estuary" default skin?

I'm using Arctic Zaphyr Mod as my skin (which is kept up-to-date by its developer). I haven't tried the default skin though.

quickmic
9 hours ago, markdj said:

Anyone else still having issues with Emby disconnecting/having trouble reconnecting after or while the Shield is asleep? It even happened to me immediately after starting Kodi.

Can you please send me a log. Actually, I tried to fix that issue in the 5.2.01.

quickmic
12 hours ago, zjeffer said:

Another issue I have: since Kodi v19, every time I start Kodi I have to choose the Emby user. I'd like an option to remember the user because I always log into the same user on this device. I was wondering if it was possible to set a default Emby user? I've looked around in the addon settings but I haven't found anything yet.

That should not even happen. Probably i need your settings files to test. Can you please send me settings.xml and sync.json via PM. Don't drop it here in the forum, they are confidential or remove you username and passwords first.

zjeffer
6 hours ago, jaybird2203 said:

Windows 10, Kodi 19 here. I logged in with a single user and have never had to re-enter login details after the initial time. This going back to the very first few emby-next addon versions. 

Have you had scenarios with multiple logins being used in the past? 

Is it all login details? Just the password?

I get a window asking me which user I want to login as, no password required. It started happening since Kodi v19, I don't remember ever seeing the window in Kodi v18. After choosing a user, I get a message in the top right, saying something like "Welcome <my-username>!". I used to get that message immediately when starting Kodi in v18.

quickmic

Probably this is not the emby user.

Sounds like Kodi user. Please check the kodi "profiles" in settings.

TobyTentakel

I get this constant login dialog regularly if I have Emby For Kodi 5.x AND EmbyCon active at the same time. As soon as I disable either one of them, it goes away.

zjeffer
5 hours ago, quickmic said:

Probably this is not the emby user.

Sounds like Kodi user. Please check the kodi "profiles" in settings.

This is what I see at every startup of Kodi 19:

Screenshot_20210312_160237.png

EDIT: this happens in both 5.2.01 and 5.1.17

Edited by zjeffer

quickmic

This is an experimental version for users who have issues with distributed TV Shows over multiple harddisks.

Please perform a test and report what's sync outcome. I've performed a test and it syncs all episodes and seaons, but adds two similar TVShow entries. One with all episodes and one is completely empty.

The point is, check if the loaded TVShow folder and check if something is missing. I work on the removal of the empty TV-Shows.

Also users with sleep mode/hibernate issues can perform a test.

This version only works with existing emby Login configuration!

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-5.2.02-build 58 (ex5).zip

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
1 hour ago, zjeffer said:

This is what I see at every startup of Kodi 19:

Screenshot_20210312_160237.png

EDIT: this happens in both 5.2.01 and 5.1.17

Currently I'm performing tests with python 3.9 on Arch Linux.

I fixed the websocket issue, but also experianced this login selection issue.

• Like 1

wanderjarra

Installing and making the sync to see how it looks, I will already post the feedback. Thank you for your help and commitment to making Emby better and better.

quickmic
9 hours ago, zjeffer said:

no password required

I must enter the password.

Can you please perform a test with default skin.

wanderjarra

Now, for example, I can find the seasons divided into other hard drives, but they still show me as separate things.
Example - The Blacklist - a folder with that name containing the 7 seasons and another with the same name containing the 8 season.
In one of The Blacklist folders the season folders are correctly displayed and in the other The Blacklist folder only the episodes, I don't know if it makes a difference that I detail this.
In all cases he did not recognize any images, be it poster, thumbs or anything related, just the NFO.

I will now test how the play, stop and things like this are working.

quickmic
2 minutes ago, wanderjarra said:

Now, for example, I can find the seasons divided into other hard drives, but they still show me as separate things.
Example - The Blacklist - a folder with that name containing the 7 seasons and another with the same name containing the 8 season.
In one of The Blacklist folders the season folders are correctly displayed and in the other The Blacklist folder only the episodes, I don't know if it makes a difference that I detail this.
In all cases he did not recognize any images, be it poster, thumbs or anything related, just the NFO.

I will now test how the play, stop and things like this are working.

Do you use native mode? I just tested with as addon mode yet.

zjeffer
8 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I must enter the password.

Can you please perform a test with default skin.

There are a couple "Error trying to find servers: timed out" errors, could that be relevant?

kodi.log

zjeffer
1 minute ago, quickmic said:

Do you still have the User selection on start, and do you have to enter the password?

User selection still happens, no password required. I select the user I want to log in as, the login popup closes and I get a notification "Welcome <the-selected-user>" in the top right

I just realized: the reason I don't get prompted to enter a password is probably because I disabled the need to enter a password when on the same network as my Emby host device in the Emby settings.

Edited by zjeffer
  • Thanks 1

markdj

I got an ‘Emby can’t connect’ error the first time upon booting Kodi with the new version. The second time it worked though.

markdj

I’ve let the Shield sleep for about 12 hours, just woke it but the new update didn’t fix the issue. It still disconnects from/doesn’t reconnect to the server, therefore not processing any updates.

• Thanks 1

embyL0VER

So basically I can say the last build 5.2.02 works great so far. 

Tested on FireTV Cube with estuary default skin, modded-embuary and Arctic Horizon.

Gives me a one time error popup notification on startup with embuary but can't reproduce it. Have a Kodi.log attached in case it is relevant but as I said was only a one timer and beside that works flawlessy.

Thank you very much quickmic!

Edited by embyL0VER
Removed attachement.