embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

markdj
9 hours ago, quickmic said:

If this still doesn't fix the sleep/hibernate issue, please let me know if a "restart Emby for Kodi" will bring it back to life.

Available under: e4k plugin configuration -> Advanced -> "Restart Emby for Kodi"

The manual reconnect work a bit different that the one after sleep/hibernate mode. It's a bit slower, but restarts the complete addon and not just tries a reconnect.

If this works, I can set it as default after wake up.

Woke the Shield but it crashed after trying to connect (I think, it looked like that at least).

quickmic
43 minutes ago, t123thomas said:

I send you UI through private PM

Info for all users:

There seems to be an issue with not privileged Emby-server users. I'll investigate that matter

quickmic
35 minutes ago, markdj said:

Woke the Shield but it crashed after trying to connect (I think, it looked like that at least).

please upload a log and probably we should can schedule a teamviewer session?

Edited by quickmic

I seem to be having an issue.. KODI Matrix 19 ( I am new to trying KODI for someone else actually ).. using 5.2.0.2 that was posted...

I have trouble with widgets and access.. and my connection settings seemed to have changed.. 

1. I need help finding the log.. 😜 sorry..

2. This is what I do get on the menu..I could not get TV shows ( and this following back to previous version of the plugin ) into the widget.

3. When I got TV Shows to work this time.. The Movies stopped working.. and cannot access.. throws and error message up top and tells me to look at the log.. I tried the same entry to get to movies with two different approaches.. Left the widget label o be shown for this..

03_19.2021_174159.jpg.2050c969cc5bc56d7decf37992575c2d.jpg03_19.2021_174248.jpg.5e5599d9c07542632929b1030f57f223.jpg03_19.2021_174447.jpg.8c72dfb126d85fe423459ab7e29b4db7.jpg

Edited by Guest

Found the kodi log... in PM..

EDIT:

You can go ahead and delete/ignore the last two posts.. My Emby installation lost ALL three user accounts and now will not even load. So I have removed BOTH from my system completely and all traces of them.. maybe I will try with Emby again.. but it will be at a latter time and not with KODI.

Will be away from the forums until then as well.

Edited by Guest

markdj
10 hours ago, quickmic said:

please upload a log and probably we should can schedule a teamviewer session?

I have reinstalled the stable version and somehow it seems to work fine for now (the wife was getting a bit tired of all the hassle).

• Agree 1

quickmic
6 minutes ago, markdj said:

I have reinstalled the stable version and somehow it seems to work fine for now (the wife was getting a bit tired of all the hassle).

Understood, probably use a spare device for testing.

markdj
1 minute ago, quickmic said:

Understood, probably use a spare device for testing.

Yeah, I’ll try it again later though :)

and I’ll let you know if the problem also happens again with the stable version

• Thanks 1

quickmic
12 minutes ago, markdj said:

Yeah, I’ll try it again later though :)

and I’ll let you know if the problem also happens again with the stable version

Sorry, stupid idea. I was not thinking. The issue is related the nvidia shield. So makes no sense to test on other devices.

Anyway take all the time you need.

• Like 1

quickmic

Update:

In the latest beta 5.2.02 is a subtitle bug. I'll fix it and upload a new version. 5.2.02 will not gonna make it to emby-kodi-beta repository.

CharleyVarrick

@quickmic is doing outstanding work, a lean mean fixing machine, a hard worker, and highly result oriented.

One logistic detail puzzles me, though:

I would think having a specific dedicated area where E4K users can see/grab the latest beta release candidates listed, along with short release note, would make it simpler.

ie: Could be post# 1 of this thread (regularly kept updated) as soon as a new release is out of the oven.

This thread is already quite substantial, and growing fast. 46 pages and 1100+ posts at time of writing this.

That makes it more difficult than need be to find the latest version.

I fully get it is 0-day labwork in progress, and I definitely don't want to sound like I'm complaining.

My only point being it would make that part of the process easier to follow for others including me. (yeah, a little self serving)

Keep up the GREAT work !

image.png.8de041b16405d4752fe79cd30c86fe70.png

Edited by CharleyVarrick
  • Thanks 1

loomes

As i said before. Put the Code on Github. Everyone who is interestet can track your code changes and of course can help you with fixes.

quickmic
2 hours ago, loomes said:

As i said before. Put the Code on Github. Everyone who is interestet can track your code changes and of course can help you with fixes.

It's already on github.

quickmic
4 hours ago, eddedrukker said:

Hi, were do you upload the new beta? Will you put it in this forum?

grtz ed

Yes, most likely by tomorrow

2 hours ago, CharleyVarrick said:

@quickmic is doing outstanding work, a lean mean fixing machine, a hard worker, and highly result oriented.

One logistic detail puzzles me, though:

I would think having a specific dedicated area where E4K users can see/grab the latest beta release candidates listed, along with short release note, would make it simpler.

ie: Could be post# 1 of this thread (regularly kept updated) as soon as a new release is out of the oven.

This thread is already quite substantial, and growing fast. 46 pages and 1100+ posts at time of writing this.

That makes it more difficult than need be to find the latest version.

I fully get it is 0-day labwork in progress, and I definitely don't want to sound like I'm complaining.

My only point being it would make that part of the process easier to follow for others including me.

Keep up the GREAT work !

I think I'll put it on the first page of this thread

• Like 2

CharleyVarrick
2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I think I'll put it on the first page of this thread

This is music to my ....eyes 🤣

CharleyVarrick
On 10/10/2020 at 4:53 PM, Luke said:

Great job.

Give this guy a raise !

Seriously Luke, he's holding the Kodi app fort single handedly, doing an oustanding job !

Did you see this on the news ? Goldman Sachs freshmen asking that their work week be limited to 80hrs max (as opposed to presently 100+)

World has gone postal.

Edited by CharleyVarrick

t123thomas

Hi Quicmick, Thanks as always, your efforts in keeping this app active is beyond commendable, I wish I to buy you coffee if only I know your PayPal account, I know you are doing this out of your freewill, also will encourage our lovers of e4k to do likewise as a token of appreciation.

Cheers!

• Like 2

TeamB
1 hour ago, t123thomas said:

Hi Quicmick, Thanks as always, your efforts in keeping this app active is beyond commendable, I wish I to buy you coffee if only I know your PayPal account, I know you are doing this out of your freewill, also will encourage our lovers of e4k to do likewise as a token of appreciation.

Cheers!

I think we may need some clarity on this, I believe @quickmic is part of Team Emby, this new addon Emby-Next-Gen is an official Emby client now.

Correct me is I am wrong @Luke or @quickmic

Just now, TeamB said:

I think we may need some clarity on this, I believe @quickmic is part of Team Emby, this new addon Emby-Next-Gen is an official Emby client now.

Correct me is I am wrong @Luke or @quickmic

That is correct.

CharleyVarrick
8 hours ago, t123thomas said:

Cheers!

Count me in !

I am sure he will modestly say he's just doing his job, but from the looks of it, it has been, and still is, one intense job.

Obviously a labor of love in his case, but please, dont go "Goldman Sachs way"; We dont want to lose you !

@TeamBSpeaking of clarity, now knowing quickmic is official staff, are  you as well? ***

BTW, I love both of your forum handle, quickmic saying it all, and TeamB being a witty tribute to AngelBlue05 (TeamA, in my mind at least), plus it being phonetically close to Emby.

EDIT: *** Team B is listed as staff, but I dont see quickmic for now @Luke

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/staff/

Edited by CharleyVarrick

CharleyVarrick
On 10/10/2020 at 5:52 PM, arrbee99 said:

Weird. Oh well, I'll just have to briefly try to act like a grown up...

Ha ha

in another life I was helping some user on computer safety forum, User had this in her sig: "Cleverly disguised as an adult"

Aren't we all?🤣

Edited by CharleyVarrick
  • Like 1

quickmic

Thanks for the kindness. Yes, I code for Emby as a sidejob. No need to donate but very pleased for offering. 😊

Mostly I code on weekends and in the after hours. Always depends on the day jobs workload.

Update:

I'm still performing tests for the next release. I hope I can upload a new version in the afternoon.

I also fixed some other issues beside SRT subtitles. e.g. the new content notification was broken since ever (also in 4.X versions). This should work in the next release.

Also I'm tackling a threading issue. @TobyTentakel I think you know what I mean. I can reproduce the issue, I hope I find a solution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CharleyVarrick

Should you need help testing a feature/providing logs, its the least I can do to return the favor.

I'm getting quite handy at reinstalling E4K 😉, but grasp a modest skillset compared to others around here

Nerd Smiley | Emoticon, Funny emoji, Smiley

Post # 0001 of this thread: promise kept, Check!

image.thumb.png.be788dc606111315e72b76473af7ba23.png

Edited by CharleyVarrick
  • Like 1