embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

markdj
On 2/26/2021 at 8:08 AM, quickmic said:

That sounds like the sleep mode/hibernate issue. I'm currently working on it.

Does this also affect artwork? When I put my shield in sleep mode and return to it later artwork like posters and backdrops randomly disappear as if it can't load them or make a connection?

I've done a complete reinstall of Kodi but still get this issue.

Edited by markdj

nomenquis

I hope this has not been asked before, I tried searching this topic but nothing came up.

Everything seems to work nicely for me after an upgrade to Kodi 19 except for one thing: For some reason every time I start Kodi I have to login into my emby account again (I'm using manual login, not emby connect). Is this supposed to be that way, is it a bug or did I simply miss some new configuration option to save the password?

Any help is really appreciated since it's a bit of a pain to enter my password with a tv remote every time kodi is started :)

Bigmaxy

Mentioned the other day that I was having a problem with emby-next-gen not starting properly until the add-on is disabled and then re-enabled.

I've captured this behavior in a single log file which hopefully will assist with diagnosing the problem. 

https://paste.kodi.tv/isazubibag

This is very repeatable. After a restart the add-on will still work, The next day (System shut down completely) the problem will have re-occurred. 

No issues syncing my library here. Windows 10 client to Windows 10 Server.  Only movies and Tv Series though, Not syncing music library.

feerlessleadr
6 hours ago, nomenquis said:

I hope this has not been asked before, I tried searching this topic but nothing came up.

Everything seems to work nicely for me after an upgrade to Kodi 19 except for one thing: For some reason every time I start Kodi I have to login into my emby account again (I'm using manual login, not emby connect). Is this supposed to be that way, is it a bug or did I simply miss some new configuration option to save the password?

Any help is really appreciated since it's a bit of a pain to enter my password with a tv remote every time kodi is started :)

I was having similar issues with a friend's box. I would try 2 things. Reset your database and add-on setting to see if that helps. 

If that doesn't fix it, stop kodi, rename your kodi profile folder on whatever system you are using, and then reopen kodi to start from a fresh profile. You'll have to re-setup your system,but that ultimately solved my buddie's problem. 

It seems that not every upgrade from 18.9 to 19 plays nicely. 

quickmic
11 hours ago, markdj said:

Does this also affect artwork? When I put my shield in sleep mode and return to it later artwork like posters and backdrops randomly disappear as if it can't load them or make a connection?

I've done a complete reinstall of Kodi but still get this issue.

Probably yes but not sure. Can you still play files? If yes, sleepmode looks fine. You can try to reload the skin and/or send me a log.

quickmic
10 hours ago, Bigmaxy said:

Mentioned the other day that I was having a problem with emby-next-gen not starting properly until the add-on is disabled and then re-enabled.

I've captured this behavior in a single log file which hopefully will assist with diagnosing the problem. 

https://paste.kodi.tv/isazubibag

This is very repeatable. After a restart the add-on will still work, The next day (System shut down completely) the problem will have re-occurred. 

No issues syncing my library here. Windows 10 client to Windows 10 Server.  Only movies and Tv Series though, Not syncing music library.

Looks this is a Kodi issue? I found a similar case here:

https://github.com/Montellese/mediaimporter.emby/issues/18

I try a workaround...

markdj
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Probably yes but not sure. Can you still play files? If yes, sleepmode looks fine. You can try to reload the skin and/or send me a log.

This afternoon my wife couldn’t play her shows. The artwork was gone as well. I’ve just resynced the entire collection. I’ll put the Shield to sleep and will check later, but I’m almost certain some of the artwork will be gone again.

Also, Emby seems very unresponsive. Whenever I update the backdrops for example they don’t refresh. Same for the title (I changed AI to Artificial Intelligence and have yet to see the change). When does it trigger? I’ve only seen it happen after watching a video so far.

(Experiencing pretty much the same as the user above)

And what do you require for the log file?

quickmic

kodi.log please. And yes, this sounds like the sleep mode issue.

Edited by quickmic

markdj
11 minutes ago, quickmic said:

kodi.log please. And yes, this sounds like the sleep mode issue.

The Kodi file after waking from sleep or from starting Kodi the first time?

Edited by markdj

quickmic

When video files not playable any longer, but I don't need a log if it's the sleep mode.

Only if you have doubts.

markdj
3 minutes ago, quickmic said:

When video files not playable any longer, but I don't need a log if it's the sleep mode.

Only if you have doubts.

Alright, I'll wait to see how it goes now and upload the log when it happens again.

• Like 1

markdj
49 minutes ago, markdj said:

Alright, I'll wait to see how it goes now and upload the log when it happens again.

So far so good, but... Emby is still unresponsive. Updated some backdrops for Earwig just now, but all I get is a black screen. And it took a movie play to update the title I mentioned before (Artificial Intelligence), it didn't do it by itself every few minutes or so like before. Or do I have to post this somewhere else? Not sure if it's related to sleep mode.

kodi.log

markdj

Here's another log. Just woke the Shield and 2 of the changed backdrops from yesterday were black, until I manually refreshed the items.

edit 1: I’m on Kodi 19, by the way.

edit 2: haven’t checked all of the other content so far so not sure if something’s missing at the moment. Will check later today for sure.

kodi.log

Edited by markdj
  • Like 1

quickmic

Thanks, I'll review it asap.

@all

Currently I'm very busy. Mostly I can only work on weekends at the moment, so answers could take a while.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Vipa2021

Hey there,

I am using emby-next-gen 5.1.17 @ Kodi 19 on Windows 10. So far it is working as expected.

There is one thing that bothers me though. I hope this hasnt been asked before. When I start Kodi emby-next-gen start in a couple of seconds, but then it takes about 1m45s until updates are processed. Is there a way to start this immediately after startup? And it would also be nice to have a message when no updates are needed, like "library is up to date".
Another thing I recognized is that it is running through all libraries although there were no changes or at least none I am aware of. (it is pretty fast though).

The reason I am asking this is because when I use Kodi I usually want to watch one of the newly added episode, so I need to know if there are new ones.

Thanks!

quickmic
23 hours ago, Vipa2021 said:

Hey there,

I am using emby-next-gen 5.1.17 @ Kodi 19 on Windows 10. So far it is working as expected.

There is one thing that bothers me though. I hope this hasnt been asked before. When I start Kodi emby-next-gen start in a couple of seconds, but then it takes about 1m45s until updates are processed. Is there a way to start this immediately after startup? And it would also be nice to have a message when no updates are needed, like "library is up to date".
Another thing I recognized is that it is running through all libraries although there were no changes or at least none I am aware of. (it is pretty fast though).

The reason I am asking this is because when I use Kodi I usually want to watch one of the newly added episode, so I need to know if there are new ones.

Thanks!

Short answer, I see what I can do 😉

Long answer, there is a difference how updates proceed. On startup a complete change list is queried from the server. How fast it's deployed has multiple factors. Responsiveness and performance of Emby server, Internet/Network speed, Box performance, how long the Box was offline and how many changes are included and the kind of updates.

While box is running, realtime updates are pushed via Websocket connection.

Notifications of new content must be well designed. Realtime updates should not interfere Playbacks etc.

BaukeZwart

I installed Kodi 19 and Emby Next Gen 5.1.17 on a Win10. Emby server (latest build) is running on a Synolgy NAS.

I tried making a backup using the Emby Next Gen plugin on both the NAS and Win10 machine.
In both cases it fails with an error. I have the error attached when trying to backup to the NAS.
Al permissions are correct, I  am able to add a backup folder on the NAS using the Emby Next Gen plugin.

Any Ideas?

Kodi_log.txt

quickmic
15 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

I installed Kodi 19 and Emby Next Gen 5.1.17 on a Win10. Emby server (latest build) is running on a Synolgy NAS.

I tried making a backup using the Emby Next Gen plugin on both the NAS and Win10 machine.
In both cases it fails with an error. I have the error attached when trying to backup to the NAS.
Al permissions are correct, I  am able to add a backup folder on the NAS using the Emby Next Gen plugin.

Any Ideas?

Kodi_log.txt 49.75 kB · 0 downloads

This seems like a bug. I'll fix it in the next version.

• Thanks 1

quickmic

5.1.17 is pushed into stable repo.

Soon I'll release new test version(s) in beta repo. If you don't have any issues and just enjoy 5.1.17, switch to stable or disable autoupdates.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, quickmic said:

5.1.17 is pushed into stable repo.

Soon I'll release new test version(s) in beta repo. If you don't have any issues and just enjoy 5.1.17, switch to stable or disable autoupdates.

Thank you @quickmic. I woke up to Matrix and would've been royally fvcked if not for your efforts with this addon.

• Like 1

jonomite

Thank you for all of your amazing work on this. 

Question: is there currently a way to enable chapter thumbnails in add-on mode? 

bozrdnag

First of all, thanks for all your hard work and effort on this, quickmic!  It is truly appreciated.

I am having an issue where things work right for some days and then all of the sudden random episodes don't get synced.  I say random because other episodes added later on will be synced to Kodi but those previously skipped never seem to get added.  This happened to me a couple weeks back and my only recourse was to rebuild the TV library.  I've also had times where random artwork has disappeared on me but subsequent syncs seem to bring it back.  I have not seen any issues with Movies.

This is happening on Kodi 19, E4K 5.1.17 on an Nvidia Shield which I have set to not go to sleep.  Here is a log taken after starting Kodi and waiting for a sync to finish.  After this sync I have multiple new episodes in Emby that did not sync and do not appear in Kodi.

EDIT:  I notice a few mentions about skin compatibility.  I always thought that E4K was skin agnostic.  Is that incorrect?  I am running Madnox if it matters. I just tried switching to Estuary and restarted Kodi.  After the sync, the same episodes are still missing.

kodi.log

Edited by bozrdnag

Glyde62
On 20/02/2021 at 17:18, Beber2410 said:

@quickmic tanks a lot for your efforts for developping this plugin.

Do you planed to add the ability to delete tvshow and movies at the  end of play-back like old plugin ? 

Need this option also.......

TobyTentakel

I have the same issue as described by @bozrdnagabove, when doing incremental syncs, some files are missing. Since yesterday, it didn't even sync new stuff at all anymore. Resetting the sync timestamp in the config file to an older date doesn't help, only making a full sync/lib rebuild again.

quickmic

New Version available 5.2.01:

You can load from here, or wait till repo is synced.
http://embydata.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/multi-repo/beta-leia/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/plugin.video.emby-next-gen-5.2.01.zip

Fixes:
sleep/hibernate fixed
backup fixed

New:
alphabet/first letter nodes
Icon(s) in rootfolder
Remove artwork optional when DB reset

Known issues:
Multiserver not working
Dynamic lists slow/artwork
Distributed TV-Shows not synced correctly
Review Artwork/Backdrops
Changelog not working

Feature requests:
PVE support
Remove TV-Shows etc after fully watched
Boost initial sync
Audiobook support
Autodetect Speed for Transcoding
Improve Subtitle selection
Boost Repair sync
New content notifications
Add Playcount option for musicvideos

General info:
Most of the changes are under the hood.
Exception handlings are replaced (in sync modules and server connect modules).
minimize xbmc API usage
Thread/queue handling modified (remove timeouts)
...and lot's more

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2