embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic

But if Fire TV will stay longer off (30min and higher, loose connection.

That's the sleep mode issue I'm currently working  on.

TylerDurden_BS

Hello quickmic,

try another fresh Install from Kodi with emby-next-gen 5.1.17.

Sync one of my Emby libraries, install Embuary skin (from german forum kodinerds.net)

everything is fine. Sync most of the other stuff, Stop Kodi, Reboot FireTV smooth like a charm.

But then for personal reasons, I need two profile - Parents and child. In Embuary turn off autologin

in profile and rename it from Master user to parents.

Sync to Emby Server is broken, Turn on Autologin Sync is ok. Switch back to Estuary Skin all fine no

matter Autologin on or off.

Just turn off Autologin and rename Master user to Eltern (German for parents) just this, no

second profil. 

Maybe it help.

TylerDurden

Hi @quickmic I did the update to Matrix on my Nvidia Shield.

Just FYI.

So Emby addon was marked to incompatible.

So... I did a fresh installation using NeoSilvo skin--- and with the latest Emby next-gen from https://kodi.emby.media repository

Everything runs smooth.

Thank you for your hard work.

Of course Py3 runs faster that py2 so is a win win :)

Regards

• Like 1

TylerDurden_BS

Hello quickmic,

just a few words for my tests over the day.

Fresh Install Kodi 19 on Amazon Fire TV, do my settings, sync first data from emby, then in Estuary turn Login Screen On with Master user

sync all of my data, everything is fine. Then install Amber from off. Kodi Repo. All fine, sync and play.

Now rename profile to Parents, everything is ok. Create 2nd Profile für Child with Estuary Skin, sync all data, all fine.

Switch Profile Child to Amber Skin, all fine. 
Now install Embuary Zip from German Kodinerd Forum in Parents profile -  and it's all over now...no sync no play.

Must deactivate and activate emby-next every start from Kodi, switch back Skin to Amber, nothing change.

I have to deinstall Embuary in Kodi then it works with Amber again. Both profil work now with Amber Skin.

Sualfred knows about this from Kodinerd Forum, for me at the moment it's ok, sualfred says profiles in Kodi still

broken. 

Thanx for your help !

GavinCampbell
16 minutes ago, TylerDurden_BS said:

Sualfred knows about this from Kodinerd Forum, for me at the moment it's ok, sualfred says profiles in Kodi still

broken.

The Kodi 19 profiles are kind of broken but you can work around it.  The master profile is what gets loaded when you log off the machine.  In my master profile I have the skin that I want loaded and enabled and all addons disabled.  I create it as clean as possible so that when I logoff it doesn't load anything while at the logon screen.

I then create my first profile and keep it independent of the master.  I configure it how I want and enable the skins/addons I need.  (Basically IPTV and E4K).  I repeat that process for each of my profiles that I create.

If you want to copy the profile from one to the other and save time, copy the folder, emby_guid file under the profile and do a emby database reset under that profile or you will run into sync issues.  The server needs to know what profile and device you are connecting from to keep sync working.  I ran into these issues when originally setting this all up.

Hopefully this helps, I have this setup running using 3 profiles across 5 TV's and everything is always in sync.

Embyjunky

I brought this up a couple months back but got no solutions. For some reasons, E4K scanned my season folders in correct:

E4K skipped season 11-15

Emby Android TV shows all seasons correctly.

It does not matter if I use Add-on or Native Mode

20210225_123626[1].jpg

20210225_123902[1].jpg

Edited by Embyjunky

hstamas

Trying to do a fresh install of Kodi tonight. When I go to install E4K via the repo I get an error that the dependencies are not available?

Something on my end or yours?

muzicman0

I just did a fresh install after Kodi 19 was released for the Shield.  It appears to have problems if files are in a single library (IE: TV Shows), but they are in different folders.  For example, I have Doctor Who Season 1-9 at 10.3.0.140\TV\Doctor Who, and Seasons 10-12 at \\10.3.0.140\TV2\Doctor Who.  It shows them as 2 entries in Kodi, and also shows 0 files in both.

Something similar was Star Trek Voyager, where I had an empty directory for Season 6 on a separate drive, and the entire series just didn't show up at all.

Edited by muzicman0

TylerDurden_BS
9 hours ago, GavinCampbell said:

The Kodi 19 profiles are kind of broken but you can work around it.  The master profile is what gets loaded when you log off the machine.  In my master profile I have the skin that I want loaded and enabled and all addons disabled.  I create it as clean as possible so that when I logoff it doesn't load anything while at the logon screen.

I then create my first profile and keep it independent of the master.  I configure it how I want and enable the skins/addons I need.  (Basically IPTV and E4K).  I repeat that process for each of my profiles that I create.

Hello GavinCampell,

sounds good, I didn't know this was. For me it's inevitable to use PIN for Master user, cause of age controll for child

profile. And that's possible only for Master user ? 

I use independent profiles of course and untill Kodi 18.9 it's just working no matter which Skin, Kodi 19...

For me I use 2 Profiles on 2 FireTV and 2 PC's, all fine

quickmic
4 hours ago, muzicman0 said:

I just did a fresh install after Kodi 19 was released for the Shield.  It appears to have problems if files are in a single library (IE: TV Shows), but they are in different folders.  For example, I have Doctor Who Season 1-9 at 10.3.0.140\TV\Doctor Who, and Seasons 10-12 at \\10.3.0.140\TV2\Doctor Who.  It shows them as 2 entries in Kodi, and also shows 0 files in both.

Something similar was Star Trek Voyager, where I had an empty directory for Season 6 on a separate drive, and the entire series just didn't show up at all.

Confirmed, this issue was also reported by other users. I'll fix it in one of the next version.

Home2008

Hello, I still have the problem Emby is still finishing the Addon. As soon as I don't access the server for a little longer, like live TV. I'll have to disable the addon and activate it again. I can play files again after that. Can you fix the problem?

quickmic
29 minutes ago, Home2008 said:

Hello, I still have the problem Emby is still finishing the Addon. As soon as I don't access the server for a little longer, like live TV. I'll have to disable the addon and activate it again. I can play files again after that. Can you fix the problem?

That sounds like the sleep mode/hibernate issue. I'm currently working on it.

Centory

@quickmic

When i watch music videos, they will be updated every time playcount,  watched status, lastplayed etc..

Is it possible to add an option to exclude the music videos from the update process? I watch the same music videos 50, 100, 150 times and i don't care about this points, it's rather annoying.

GavinCampbell
8 hours ago, TylerDurden_BS said:

sounds good, I didn't know this was. For me it's inevitable to use PIN for Master user, cause of age controll for child

profile. And that's possible only for Master user ? 

I use independent profiles of course and untill Kodi 18.9 it's just working no matter which Skin, Kodi 19...

You can add a pin for any profile.  Under the profile settings click on the profile and adjust the lock preferences.  This way you can lock the master as well as any other profile you need a pin to access.

quickmic
3 hours ago, Centory said:

@quickmic

When i watch music videos, they will be updated every time playcount,  watched status, lastplayed etc..

Is it possible to add an option to exclude the music videos from the update process? I watch the same music videos 50, 100, 150 times and i don't care about this points, it's rather annoying.

I could add an option, but actually I'm not getting your point. What is annoying?

21 hours ago, TylerDurden_BS said:

Hello quickmic,

just a few words for my tests over the day.

Fresh Install Kodi 19 on Amazon Fire TV, do my settings, sync first data from emby, then in Estuary turn Login Screen On with Master user

sync all of my data, everything is fine. Then install Amber from off. Kodi Repo. All fine, sync and play.

Now rename profile to Parents, everything is ok. Create 2nd Profile für Child with Estuary Skin, sync all data, all fine.

Switch Profile Child to Amber Skin, all fine. 
Now install Embuary Zip from German Kodinerd Forum in Parents profile -  and it's all over now...no sync no play.

Must deactivate and activate emby-next every start from Kodi, switch back Skin to Amber, nothing change.

I have to deinstall Embuary in Kodi then it works with Amber again. Both profil work now with Amber Skin.

broken. 

Thanx for your help !

Not sure Amber is updated or if it is compatible with Emby.

I use Silvo skin which is compatible with Emby and the addon.

I did a fresh install in this order:

1- Install the skin and his dependencies. (now that work fine, just need wait one or two minutes until is complete.) #important!

2- Add the Emby for Kodi repo in the FILE MANAGER Kodi section : https://kodi.emby.media/ 

3- Install the addon using the Emby repo, then navigate to public folder and use the latest Emby-next-gen version. (wait one or two minutes until is complete.)#important! --- (Note atside: Embruary is not needed)

4- After do that, you do not need to install anything, just logging in your server.

Do all your personal adjustments on Kodi and Emby addon (audio, video, etcetera.)

Then add your menu adjustments. If you want, you can add the sub-menu items using the nodes.

That's it.

The process to get all content from the Kodi server is faster than before

Is working fine for me on my Shield.

Edited by Riggs

quickmic
13 minutes ago, rapteev said:

Hi @quickmic

With this new addon it’s possible to add libraries from 2 different servers?

Thank you

No, multiserver support not implemented yet. It's on the todo list

• Like 1

rapteev
35 minutes ago, quickmic said:

No, multiserver support not implemented yet. It's on the todo list

Thank you very much 

Great work you have done on this.

• Like 1

TobyTentakel

The subtitle support is still "off" by default, and even when enabling subtitles and then selecting "save as default for all media", every file will still start with subtitles not active, contrary to the 4.x version. Is this intentional?

quickmic
12 minutes ago, TobyTentakel said:

The subtitle support is still "off" by default, and even when enabling subtitles and then selecting "save as default for all media", every file will still start with subtitles not active, contrary to the 4.x version. Is this intentional?

Yep correct. I didn't found a solution yet.

quickmic
On 2/25/2021 at 4:22 PM, Riggs said:

Of course Py3 runs faster that py2 so is a win win :)

Disagree, py3 just fixes major design flaws like unicode support but no (minor) performance improvements. 🙄

Performance probably comes from optimized Kodi and plugin code.

Edited by quickmic

TobyTentakel

My libs will synchronize now incrementally (at least for the most part, one or two libs still won't), but the sync display will stay on-screen with the last file synced and won't go away (no hang/crash though).

Also, during sync (on my Pi 3B+) I sometimes get these messages in the log:

2021-02-26 18:30:50.654 T:1439682784  NOTICE: EMBY.library.Library -> ERROR:: can't start new thread
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/database/library.py", line 131, in run
                                                self.service()
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/helper/wrapper.py", line 52, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/database/library.py", line 178, in service
                                                self.worker_userdata()
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/database/library.py", line 323, in worker_userdata
                                                new_thread = UserDataWorker(queue, self, "video", self.database_lock)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/database/library.py", line 685, in __init__
                                                self.start()
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 736, in start
                                                _start_new_thread(self.__bootstrap, ())
                                            error: can't start new thread
2021-02-26 18:30:50.676 T:1439682784  NOTICE: EMBY.library.Library -> ---<[ library ]

quickmic

This looks like a resource issue "can't start new thread".

Not sure if this is related to Python 2 or a general issue.

Anyway, I experienced that issue as well but was not able to reproduce it 🙄