embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

dodewill76

Hi Luke

Sorry to throw so many messages to you.  Thought I would try another test.  On Emby server I changed the setting in Emby Server - Network - Local IP address back to 192.168.2.1 so that Emby server in home LAN access would be back to http://192.168.2.1.  However, this time I decided to go to Emby Server - Network - LAN networks and put the following info into that section:  192.168.1.0/24, 192.168.2.0/24

Now that I put an entry in LAN networks my Emby for Kodi plugin is able to work again/connect while still keeping the Local IP Address set on Emby server as 192.168.2.1.

I have never had an entry in LAN networks on my Emby Server before.

However, this time when I play a movie on the screen it is popping up with a message saying Emby-next-gen Your access to Emby is restricted.

When I saw that message I decided to reset my local kodi database via the plugin and setup connection to Emby server again.  It is able to find the server, see the libraries as is scanning the media back into Kodi.  Now when I play a movie/tv show the warning message I saw is no longer being displayed and also in Emby Server it is showing my Kodi box on the server dashboard as being connected under Active Devices Direct Playing and also is showing under Activity as being succesfully authenticated showing an IP address of 192.168.2.5 which confirms it is talking to my Emby server over the LAN connection and not WiFi.

Not sure why all of a sudden I have had to put entry in LAN networks on Emby server to get things working.

4 hours ago, dodewill76 said:

Hi Luke

Sorry to throw so many messages to you.  Thought I would try another test.  On Emby server I changed the setting in Emby Server - Network - Local IP address back to 192.168.2.1 so that Emby server in home LAN access would be back to http://192.168.2.1.  However, this time I decided to go to Emby Server - Network - LAN networks and put the following info into that section:  192.168.1.0/24, 192.168.2.0/24

Now that I put an entry in LAN networks my Emby for Kodi plugin is able to work again/connect while still keeping the Local IP Address set on Emby server as 192.168.2.1.

I have never had an entry in LAN networks on my Emby Server before.

However, this time when I play a movie on the screen it is popping up with a message saying Emby-next-gen Your access to Emby is restricted.

When I saw that message I decided to reset my local kodi database via the plugin and setup connection to Emby server again.  It is able to find the server, see the libraries as is scanning the media back into Kodi.  Now when I play a movie/tv show the warning message I saw is no longer being displayed and also in Emby Server it is showing my Kodi box on the server dashboard as being connected under Active Devices Direct Playing and also is showing under Activity as being succesfully authenticated showing an IP address of 192.168.2.5 which confirms it is talking to my Emby server over the LAN connection and not WiFi.

Not sure why all of a sudden I have had to put entry in LAN networks on Emby server to get things working.

The same subnet detection has been improved and so you might run into an issue if you had gotten used to the previous behavior. That's why it's best to just leave these options at default and only customize them if you have a specific reason to.

dodewill76

Hi Luke

If I leave the options as default does that them mean my kodi box will talk to my server over WiFi instead of LAN?  When I take those settings out Emby Server reverts to an IP address that is for my wifi connection that is only use to provide internet connection.  I need to use LAN so I can direct play my 4K movies.

Since I have my libraries setup using IP address and not the server name, if I put network to default will Kodi use WiFi connection to pull in metadata and images but use the LAN to direct play my movies/tv shows?

quickmic
2 hours ago, neunghaha28 said:

Emby-Next-Gen 6.1.9 Beta.

Not working on Emby Server 4.7.0.18 Beta.

I'll check, currently I'm still on 4.7.0.17 and works fine.

Please send me a kodi.log

neunghaha28
52 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I'll check, currently I'm still on 4.7.0.17 and works fine.

Please send me a kodi.log

What did i miss?

Please check for me. Thank you.

kodi.log

quickmic
15 hours ago, t123thomas said:

Hi Quickmic, did you get a chance to establish why sunmenu did not work on e4k  6.0.9 above works also many errors that appears on the log

Checking, what is not working? Is the smart shortcut option disabled?

Hi there,

I have a little problem.
Every time I play an unwatched movie / episode with latest 6.1.8 Version on Kodi 19.3 with this Addon, after playing Kodi crashes.

This problem is there since Addon Version 5 and with all Kodi Versions of Matrix.
Moreover, it is independet from the Skin I use. The problem is only there with NEW / unwatched content, so if I play an "old" / already watched movie / episode, Kodi do not crash.

As you can imagine, its really annoying that Kodi always crashes 😕
The problem is not there, if I watch content via Amazon Prime Addon / TV / Kodi filemanager.

Do you have any suggestions?
The Debug Logs from Kodi + Emby Server are attached.

Thanks for your help!

embyserver.txt kodi.log

On 9/8/2021 at 2:24 PM, quickmic said:

Both issues are related to the same bug and will be fixed in the next version.

Workaround (not tested): If cast not available, update one movie or episode of the same library (so that it's incrementally synced AFTER THE INIT SYNC) and it should work again.

There is a contentinfo tag missing in the Kodi DB after init sync, but it will be corrected on an update sync. That's the reason why sometimes there is no issue and sometimes there is.

Hi.

I have again the "Cast not available" issue :( I have two movie libraries and a TV Show library, but only in one movie library cast information is not available. Cast is ok for the rest... It's quite strange. 

I have tried with version 6.1.8 and 6.1.9 build 12 (ex1) under CoreELEC 9.2.8 (Kodi Leia 18.9), with the same result.

In order to try to solve it, I removed all libraries, restarted Kodi, and synched all libraries again. But, it did not work.

If you need any log or try something else, please, let me know. 

Thanks!!

Edited by dml33
kodi version

quickmic
2 hours ago, dml33 said:

If you need any log or try something else, please, let me know. 

Thanks!!

Yes, I need screenshots how you access the case.

t123thomas
5 hours ago, quickmic said:

Checking, what is not working? Is the smart shortcut option disabled?

Yes not available for selection, I shall send you a screen shot soon

3 hours ago, quickmic said:

Yes, I need screenshots how you access the case.

Hi. 

Here you can see all the synced libraries. As I said, KidsMovies library work perfectly, but Movies library not. 

In Movies list, by pressing I nothing happens (Information shall appear, instead). Then, I have to press C to get the context menu and then choose Information from there. Then, Information is shown, but Cast is not available. 

However, in the KidsMovies library, the I key shows the movie Information and cast is available.

IMG_20211120_191315.jpg

IMG_20211120_191146.jpg

IMG_20211120_190857.jpg

t123thomas
On 10/22/2020 at 9:51 AM, rapteev said:

Hi

Will this version also work with embuary skin like versions 4.... do?

thank you 

This option is no longer available in e4k 6.1.9

screenshot00030.png

quickmic
20 hours ago, dml33 said:

Hi. 

Here you can see all the synced libraries. As I said, KidsMovies library work perfectly, but Movies library not. 

In Movies list, by pressing I nothing happens (Information shall appear, instead). Then, I have to press C to get the context menu and then choose Information from there. Then, Information is shown, but Cast is not available. 

However, in the KidsMovies library, the I key shows the movie Information and cast is available.

IMG_20211120_191315.jpg

IMG_20211120_191146.jpg

IMG_20211120_190857.jpg

Well, I'll try to find the problem. Currently it's working fine in my setup but as you mentioned. Must be a special case.

quickmic

New beta and new experimental version  available.

Beta is identical with last experimental version.

New experimental version 6.2.0-build 161 (ex18):

Changes:

Lot's of code optimized and unified for easier development in future. This also should have impact to stability.

No need to rebuild the database but, be aware. NO ROLLBACK to 6.1.9 versions is possible! -> Boxset handling is redesigned.

quickmic
28 minutes ago, quickmic said:

New experimental version 6.2.0-build 161 (ex18):

Changes:

Lot's of code optimized and unified for easier development in future. This also should have impact to stability.

No need to rebuild the database but, be aware. NO ROLLBACK to 6.1.9 versions is possible! -> Boxset handling is redesigned.

I forgot removing a debug option "uuuuuuuuuuu"  in plugin config menu (was used for API testing). Just ignore it.

t123thomas
16 hours ago, t123thomas said:

This option is no longer available in e4k 6.1.9

screenshot00030.png

May be playlist is not checked when the system sync in the update to 6.1.9. Can you make this as an option available for people accept or ignore when e4k try to update into new version same as add-on or native options 

Thanks

t123thomas
4 hours ago, t123thomas said:

May be playlist is not checked when the system sync in the update to 6.1.9. Can you make this as an option available for people accept or ignore when e4k try to update into new version same as add-on or native options 

Thanks

Hi Quickmic, As an update, definitely its play list issue,  with each upgrade e4k reset to default which removed the initial playlist setting,   so if you could add the option to check playlist or not at reset it would nice. I generate the log reports it shows few errors< I shall send you this later if any of those is derived from e4k.

Thanks

• Like 1

quickmic
10 hours ago, t123thomas said:

Hi Quickmic, As an update, definitely its play list issue,  with each upgrade e4k reset to default which removed the initial playlist setting,   so if you could add the option to check playlist or not at reset it would nice. I generate the log reports it shows few errors< I shall send you this later if any of those is derived from e4k.

Thanks

Is it working if you re-enable the playlists?

t123thomas
6 hours ago, quickmic said:

Is it working if you re-enable the playlists?

Yes it works as expected, as I have explained when new update is installed it reset the addon to default, then scan without playlist been checked what will be nice if the option to ✔ to playlist is prompted before the sync process started I hope you add this in the next experiencemental 

• Like 1

quickmic
1 hour ago, t123thomas said:

Yes it works as expected, as I have explained when new update is installed it reset the addon to default, then scan without playlist been checked what will be nice if the option to ✔ to playlist is prompted before the sync process started I hope you add this in the next experiencemental 

I think this is related to compatibility mode. Not sure if I can fix it. I'll check.

quickmic
On 11/21/2021 at 5:33 PM, quickmic said:

I forgot removing a debug option "uuuuuuuuuuu"  in plugin config menu (was used for API testing). Just ignore it.

There are some more issues with 6.2.0. Audiobooks sync, podcast sync and homevideo sync. I'll fix them in next version.

quickmic

New experimental version available 6.2.0-build 174 (ex20)

Delta changelog:

fix homevideos sync
fix audiobook sync
fix podcast sync
fix special features progress updates
add translations
add bookmarks

Comment:

Bookmarks support is new. To test it you need to resync/repairsync your db otherwise only available for new/updated content.

If a videostream has chapters embedded, bookmarks are disabled due to a lag of Kodi functionalities. It would create double chapters/bookmarks if both are available.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 2