embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

zanlation
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

You mean the cinema mode? I just tested this function, works fine. Have you enabled the trailers on emby server and cinema mode in the plugin?

btw, local trailers are not supported yet.

Yes, cinema mode. I am using an intro video that doesn't display before the movie. I am using the latest version of Corelec 19.1 Rc2.

quickmic
7 minutes ago, zanlation said:

Yes, cinema mode. I am using an intro video that doesn't display before the movie. I am using the latest version of Corelec 19.1 Rc2.

I hope not (addon) native mode. Cinema mode is not supported there.

zanlation
5 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I hope not (addon) native mode. Cinema mode is not supported there.

I am using addon mode.

t123thomas

Hi Quickmic, I am not sure if this issue have been reported, I just noticed that EK4 is not pulling subtitles into kodi, any reason why?

Thanks

Edited by t123thomas

quickmic
8 hours ago, t123thomas said:

Hi Quickmic, I am not sure if this issue have been reported, I just noticed that EK4 is not pulling subtitles into kodi, any reason why?

Thanks

Are you talking about srt subtitles? They are working in my setup.

Please upload a srt file and I'll check.

beerthzn
On 6/5/2021 at 6:16 PM, quickmic said:

I can reproduce the issue, I'll fix it in next version.

Thank you very much for the solution. Now another little problem. Track number 1 is missing. And the track list does not scroll down.

Many thanks in advance.

20210612_183513.jpg

quickmic
9 minutes ago, beerthzn said:

Thank you very much for the solution. Now another little problem. Track number 1 is missing. And the track list does not scroll down.

Many thanks in advance.

20210612_183513.jpg

Frankly, there are several more issues in music library. I try to fix them all in next experimental version. It requires several modification, actually the current implementation is not safe for multiple music libraries and also has issues with duplicate songs/albums/artists.

Edited by quickmic

t123thomas
19 hours ago, quickmic said:

Are you talking about srt subtitles? They are working in my setup.

Please upload a srt file and I'll check.

My bad it's working

• Like 1

Hi @quickmic, this might be an old problem because it's familiar, or it might be a Kodi problem (?).

So I tried to watch Succession S1E09 and realized it's playing the wrong file. I got Sonarr to pick up the right file, and I verified Emby's Web UI plays the now correct file.

But on Kodi, it's still trying to play the previous wrong file, I can see in the log the filename is the old one. The old filename is "Hotel.Inferno.2017.The.Cathedral.Of.Pain.1080p.BRRip.AC3.DD5.1.NL.Subs.mkv" which is ridiculous.

I've tried manually updating the library, restarting Emby plugin, restarted Kodi, restarted Android TV with no luck. The Kodi system or Emby Next Gen plug-in is looking for the old file to play and it doesn't know there is now a new correct file.

Is this the same old sync issue I encountered previously that required adjusting the date in a file? I don't understand why this is so prone to breaking.

Here's a link to the log: http://paste.kodi.tv/ulacasefal

This is with v5.3.3 of the plugin.

[EDIT: I tried the fix from last time by going into sync.json and changing the date. Restarted Kodi but the sync didn't begin, so I reset the local database ☹️ There must be a more elegant way to resolve this if this keeps happening. 😐]

Edited by vurt

BaukeZwart

@vurtmy go to fix when Kodi isn't showing the correct info or info missing (I sometimes see ratings missing for one or more episodes), is "Manage Libraries" => "Repair Libraries" in the E4K submenu.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BaukeZwart said:

@vurtmy go to fix when Kodi isn't showing the correct info or info missing (I sometimes see ratings missing for one or more episodes), is "Manage Libraries" => "Repair Libraries" in the E4K submenu.

Unfortunately I tried that too!

quickmic
On 6/13/2021 at 11:12 PM, vurt said:

Hi @quickmic, this might be an old problem because it's familiar, or it might be a Kodi problem (?).

So I tried to watch Succession S1E09 and realized it's playing the wrong file. I got Sonarr to pick up the right file, and I verified Emby's Web UI plays the now correct file.

But on Kodi, it's still trying to play the previous wrong file, I can see in the log the filename is the old one. The old filename is "Hotel.Inferno.2017.The.Cathedral.Of.Pain.1080p.BRRip.AC3.DD5.1.NL.Subs.mkv" which is ridiculous.

I've tried manually updating the library, restarting Emby plugin, restarted Kodi, restarted Android TV with no luck. The Kodi system or Emby Next Gen plug-in is looking for the old file to play and it doesn't know there is now a new correct file.

Is this the same old sync issue I encountered previously that required adjusting the date in a file? I don't understand why this is so prone to breaking.

Here's a link to the log: http://paste.kodi.tv/ulacasefal

This is with v5.3.3 of the plugin.

[EDIT: I tried the fix from last time by going into sync.json and changing the date. Restarted Kodi but the sync didn't begin, so I reset the local database ☹️ There must be a more elegant way to resolve this if this keeps happening. 😐]

Sorry for the late response, I was on a business trip.

... The log file reported an issue which probably prevents a sync. I'll try to fix it, but not sure if it solved the problem.

It's really strange that a repair sync doesn't fix the issue (as a workaround).

• Like 2

embyL0VER

I've noticed that the option to refresh "Movie Collections" is missing. Collections are only able to get updated by manually refreshing the complete movie library. Auto-Update doesn't seem to work.

Maybe has something to do with the integration of the Auto-Box plugin in Emby server since version 4.6.x.x

Using:

Embuary skin

Emby next gen version 5.3.3

Emby server version 4.6.3.0

Edited by embyL0VER
Added additional information
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

rodainas
4 hours ago, embyL0VER said:

I've noticed that the option to refresh "Movie Collections" is missing. Collections are only able to get updated by manually refreshing the complete movie library. Auto-Update doesn't seem to work.

Maybe has something to do with the integration of the Auto-Box plugin in Emby server since version 4.6.x.x

Using:

Embuary skin

Emby next gen version 5.3.3

Emby server version 4.6.3.0

Its the new integration of collections as a core functionality discarding the need of auto-box plugin, it works that way with all the emby client apps, collection is fully dependant on the movie libraries.

quickmic
10 hours ago, embyL0VER said:

I've noticed that the option to refresh "Movie Collections" is missing.

I'll re-add this function and also review the sync code.

• Thanks 2

quickmic

New experimental version available.

Manual boxset sync added

@vurt

Please try if this fixes the sync issue.

• Like 1

horstepipe
7 hours ago, quickmic said:

New experimental version available.

Manual boxset sync added

@vurt

Please try if this fixes the sync issue.

There were something regarding Emby server I think prohibiting Angelblue05 from that I think…

@Luke can you eventually remember what that was so quickmic won’t possibly waste time?

Edited by horstepipe

2 minutes ago, horstepipe said:

There were something regarding Emby server I think prohibiting Angelblue05 from that I think…

@Luke can you eventually remember what that was so quickmic won’t possibly waste time?

I don't remember anything.

DarWun
2 hours ago, Luke said:

I don't remember anything.

I remember the same as horstepipe. I've searched through my emails after previous posts to @Angelblu05 and I can't find anything confirming my recollections. So it might just be a senior's moment. I'll post back if I find anything in my archived emails.

Edited by DarWun

quickmic

Status update:

I'm still working on 6.0.0 version and I hope I can release it in the next days, probably a week.

Main new feature will be multiservers support.

Also I'm still working on music sync code. Previous versions had issues with multiple (music) libraries. e.g. Artist are not tagged for a specific library.

Under the hood are multiple changes and lots of (performance) improvements, therefore and due to multiserver support a complete setting and db reset is mandatory.

Also I'm still not convinced that the current Kodi nodes approach is best. I assume yes, but let me know if you guys have a different opinion.

Current nodes are created by library name. This means if you have two 2 different libs on Emby server (or multiple Emby servers) with the same lib name, they will be sort of merged.

I think that's better than a restrictive approach by Library ID which is always unique.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

amb13
8 hours ago, quickmic said:

Also I'm still not convinced that the current Kodi nodes approach is best. I assume yes, but let me know if you guys have a different opinion.

Current nodes are created by library name. This means if you have two 2 different libs on Emby server (or multiple Emby servers) with the same lib name, they will be sort of merged.

I think that's better than a restrictive approach by Library ID which is always unique.

Is this why show with multiple files for episodes show up all wonky and multiple times? I'm still hoping for a solution to this. It's just not seeing the same show two times, but if I run a library repair another folder is added for each repair. I have to totally reset the database to go back to only two folder.

Also it doesn't seem like these show come "up in next" up and "latest shows" lists from emby.

Edited by amb13

t123thomas
5 hours ago, quickmic said:

Status update:

I'm still working on 6.0.0 version and I hope I can release it in the next days, probably a week.

Main new feature will be multiservers support.

Also I'm still working on music sync code. Previous versions had issues with multiple (music) libraries. e.g. Artist are not tagged for a specific library.

Under the hood are multiple changes and lots of (performance) improvements, therefore and due to multiserver support a complete setting and db reset is mandatory.

Just as a reminded to reinstate the submenu that was removed so that Titan skin will auto displayed, the reason this vital, build boxes for friends and families who need the submenu, it very time consuming adding submenu to each nodes is not fun. Thanks for bringing this option back.

LichenKing
On 5/20/2021 at 1:47 AM, quickmic said:

The initial fix being able to just select the media source I want to playback would be nice.

I'll try to add this option. Will take some time...

On 5/19/2021 at 11:41 PM, LichenKing said:

Take this further I have a portable device with Kodi and Emby plugin I would only ever be able to stream web formats too. Being able to customize this in the settings would prevent the need for too many duplicate entries on a per device per Kodi setup (unless I enabled to show all of course).

I have to think about that. Not sure how it's possible to add this function on a deticated pattern (and also user friendly). In some way the plugin must be able to detect which version should be used for each device (or based on plugin setting). Could be based on naming...

Please do not forget this issue.

The current stacking behavior of entries in Kodi for the same video with different media formats is still very wonky. If you have a source file that requires Native while also under the SAME folder have a Addon (stream) format Kodi locks up and crashes on a Nvidia Shield 2019. Usually this is because the Trailers plugin pops up probably because it is trying to play the stream format but a different item tires to play. Even if I hit No for the trailer popup it seems like the Kodi or the Addon does not end up picking any media format.

Like you suggested earlier we can keep ISO formats as separate entries in Kodi and streaming formats could stack. Ideally a preselect menu would be awesome like the old behavior but since this is not possible separate entries are a good compromise so the intended format could be selected which is not possible in the current implementation.

Edited by LichenKing