embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

jaybird2203

Running 5.3.2 beta with default skin and the context menu "reset resume position" doesn't appear to be consistently applying. 

For example I'll have a movie in progress, maybe 5-10 mins in, then using the context menu to reset resume position to remove it from the "in progress movies" section. This will allow the movie to be removed for a few power cycles then it will show up again as in progress.

Anyone else able to recreate this? I want to say it's been happening for awhile on the betas.

quickmic
10 hours ago, jaybird2203 said:

Running 5.3.2 beta with default skin and the context menu "reset resume position" doesn't appear to be consistently applying. 

For example I'll have a movie in progress, maybe 5-10 mins in, then using the context menu to reset resume position to remove it from the "in progress movies" section. This will allow the movie to be removed for a few power cycles then it will show up again as in progress.

Anyone else able to recreate this? I want to say it's been happening for awhile on the betas.

I'll check that, probably it's not up-synced to emby server.

quickmic
On 6/5/2021 at 10:57 PM, jaybird2203 said:

I found the problem, but I will not fix it in 5.3.X versions. It requires several code modifications and I postpone it for 5.4.X. Currently I'm stabilizing 5.3.X version to release it in the stable repo.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
On 6/5/2021 at 2:28 PM, ross87 said:

I'm not sure if this is a known issue, or an issue with my setup, however when I start a video there is no audio for a few seconds. If I rewind to the start of the video and let it play again, the audio starts as soon as the video starts. Has anyone else experienced this? 

Apart from the above, next-gen has been working flawlessly. Videos start instantly upon selection, where there was a few seconds delay on embyforkodi. The whole experience seems smoother and quicker! 

Doesn't sound like a plugin issue. Are you using addon or native mode. In native it has definitely nothing todo with the plugin.

quickmic
On 6/4/2021 at 9:38 PM, hstamas said:

Definitely has something to do with hibernation. Did a test adding 2 tv episodes. First while Kodi was running and active and everything updated almost instantly. The second was added while the TV was turned off. I waited a good amount of time before turning the TV on and Kodi never recognized that this second episode was added. After restarting Kodi it showed up as expected.

Logs attached.

kodi.log 98.77 kB · 3 downloads

I've performed multiple tests, so far I didn't found an issue. Please try setting a startup delay in the plugin settings.

BaukeZwart
5 hours ago, quickmic said:

I've performed multiple tests, so far I didn't found an issue. Please try setting a startup delay in the plugin settings.

I see something similar happening on my Fire TV. After starting Kodi it takes at least 10 minutes before E4K starts to sync. I always blamed the slow Fire stick. No issues on Shield or Win10. I will try setting a delay on that device and report back if anything changes. 

Edit: set a 30 seconds delay, now wait and see. 

Edited by BaukeZwart
  • Like 1

ross87

Doesn't sound like a plugin issue. Are you using addon or native mode. In native it has definitely nothing todo with the plugin.

Thanks for your response. 

I am using addon - just updated to 5.3.2 and it looks like the issue isn't present for me any more. Just tried 3 movies and 2 TV shows and both started instantly. 

• Thanks 1

BaukeZwart
22 hours ago, BaukeZwart said:

I see something similar happening on my Fire TV. After starting Kodi it takes at least 10 minutes before E4K starts to sync. I always blamed the slow Fire stick. No issues on Shield or Win10. I will try setting a delay on that device and report back if anything changes. 

Edit: set a 30 seconds delay, now wait and see. 

Setting a startup delay seems to have improved things a lot.
What I did: update metadata of about 400 episodes/movies with TMM so there were substantial changes to sync.
Started Kodi on the Fire stick.
Yesterday before setting a startup delay, it took about 10 minutes after E4K connected before the sync started.
Today with a 30 seconds startup delay, after E4K connected, the sync started about 1 minute later.

Edited by BaukeZwart
  • Thanks 1

quickmic

I think I'll declare the current beta 5.3.2 as stable by next weekend. I'll also upload 5.3.3 into beta repo after 5.3.2 is merged.

Anyway, 5.3.3 will only have some minor additional bugfixes, trakt issue fix, (temporary) music db fix and homevideo fix.

The next version with major improvements will be  5.4.0 or probably jump to 6.0.0.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

t123thomas
6 hours ago, quickmic said:

I think I'll declare the current beta 5.3.2 as stable by next weekend. I'll also upload 5.3.3 into beta repo after 5.3.2 is merged.

Anyway, 5.3.3 will only have some minor additional bugfixes, trakt issue fix, (temporary) music db fix and homevideo fix.

The next version with major improvements will be  5.4.0 or probably jump to 6.0.0.

Hi quickmic, Thanks you supports, just want ask if you will reintroduced the shortcut/submenu codes in version 5.4 .x, this very useful for me as have several families that I setup their client box, having the submenu auto populate saves me hours of working when I have to rebuild boxes and setting shortcuts otherwise I have select each one at time for every menu and for as many boxes that I am working. Appreciate if the option is brought back.

Thanks

Thanks

quickmic
6 hours ago, t123thomas said:

Hi quickmic, Thanks you supports, just want ask if you will reintroduced the shortcut/submenu codes in version 5.4 .x, this very useful for me as have several families that I setup their client box, having the submenu auto populate saves me hours of working when I have to rebuild boxes and setting shortcuts otherwise I have select each one at time for every menu and for as many boxes that I am working. Appreciate if the option is brought back.

Thanks

Thanks

Yes, but it will also requires modifications of the skins (skin devs). It will be a complete different approach (much more convenient for devs) loading nodes into skins.

next-gen already uses the new approach in (non public) test versions for communication between the "events" thread and the "core/service" thread. It's like fire and forget commands.

hstamas
On 6/7/2021 at 1:44 AM, quickmic said:

Delay doesnt seem to help in my situations. Also, last night I added an episode while actively using Kodi and it never synced :(

amb13

Hi

I in my library for TV shows in Emby I have two folders, one for 1080p and one for 4k episodes. I can play both versions in Kodi just fine. The problem is that I get two show in Kodi, one with all the episodes and one empty. So one of the entries for Bosh is just an empty folder and the other is the normal entry with all episodes (both 1080p and 4k). Is there an easy fix for this?

image.thumb.png.6152004bbd4cdaf3fa10f8936dfa7086.png

quickmic
52 minutes ago, amb13 said:

Hi

I in my library for TV shows in Emby I have two folders, one for 1080p and one for 4k episodes. I can play both versions in Kodi just fine. The problem is that I get two show in Kodi, one with all the episodes and one empty. So one of the entries for Bosh is just an empty folder and the other is the normal entry with all episodes (both 1080p and 4k). Is there an easy fix for this?

That's a known issue. You can only fix it by merging the folders into a single one and use file extension. e.g.

MyEspisode (4k).mkv and MyEspisode (1080p).mkv

Currently I have no good solution for this.

amb13
2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

That's a known issue. You can only fix it by merging the folders into a single one and use file extension. e.g.

OK. Thanks for answering.

• Like 1

quickmic
1 hour ago, hstamas said:

Delay doesnt seem to help in my situations. Also, last night I added an episode while actively using Kodi and it never synced :(

Unfortunately, I have no idea why and I cannot reproduce the issue. This requires a lot's of testing from your side to find the issue. e.g. starting with stock kodi on an PC, just install next-gen and check if it happens there as well.

amb13
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Looked into it a bit more and I realized I can delete the empty show folder in Kodi so I just have the one with the episodes. It's a bit cumbersome, but works if you don't have to many shows. I also noticed that Kodi does not receive metadata and artwork for show and seasons for the folder with episodes until I go into the info menu of one of the episodes (This does not always work). Metadata is always present for the empty folder.

If I go into the addon it self (emby-next-gen) and to the library I don't even see the folder with the episodes, only the empty one.

Also each time I repair the library another empty folder gets added each time.

Edited by amb13

hstamas

Unfortunately, I have no idea why and I cannot reproduce the issue. This requires a lot's of testing from your side to find the issue. e.g. starting with stock kodi on an PC, just install next-gen and check if it happens there as well.

Yeah I’m not sure what happened. I’m not aware of any automatic updates taking place? Now it won’t sync at all. I just added 2 tv episodes, waited 15 minutes and nothing. Restarted Kodi and still nothing and this has always worked in the past.

jaybird2203
10 hours ago, amb13 said:

Hi

I in my library for TV shows in Emby I have two folders, one for 1080p and one for 4k episodes. I can play both versions in Kodi just fine. The problem is that I get two show in Kodi, one with all the episodes and one empty. So one of the entries for Bosh is just an empty folder and the other is the normal entry with all episodes (both 1080p and 4k). Is there an easy fix for this?

Does the setting "Show empty TV shows" have any impact here?

Setting is found when using expert settings in Media/Videos Library section, half way down.

quickmic
7 hours ago, hstamas said:

Yeah I’m not sure what happened. I’m not aware of any automatic updates taking place? Now it won’t sync at all. I just added 2 tv episodes, waited 15 minutes and nothing. Restarted Kodi and still nothing and this has always worked in the past.

shutdown kodi, set back the sync dates (couple of days) in sync.json and settings.xml. Restart kodi and send me the log please.

quickmic
2 hours ago, jaybird2203 said:

Does the setting "Show empty TV shows" have any impact here?

Setting is found when using expert settings in Media/Videos Library section, half way down.

I don't think so, but weath a try.

Actually non of them are empty, they are merged and leftover is empty. btw. if you check emby-server metadata manager, it's the other way around. Two similar shows, both same content.

hstamas
9 hours ago, quickmic said:

shutdown kodi, set back the sync dates (couple of days) in sync.json and settings.xml. Restart kodi and send me the log please.

Already in the process of starting from scratch unfortunately. Will report back what I find.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
16 minutes ago, zanlation said:

I just upgraded to 5.3.2 and the cinema intros are no longer playing before the movie.

You mean the cinema mode? I just tested this function, works fine. Have you enabled the trailers on emby server and cinema mode in the plugin?

btw, local trailers are not supported yet.

Edited by quickmic