embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
9 hours ago, LichenKing said:

Like you suggested earlier we can keep ISO formats as separate entries in Kodi and streaming formats could stack. Ideally a preselect menu would be awesome like the old behavior but since this is not possible separate entries are a good compromise so the intended format could be selected which is not possible in the current implementation.

I haven't tested isos yet, but multiselection for native mode will be available.

quickmic
On 6/25/2021 at 9:10 PM, t123thomas said:

Just as a reminded to reinstate the submenu that was removed so that Titan skin will auto displayed, the reason this vital, build boxes for friends and families who need the submenu, it very time consuming adding submenu to each nodes is not fun. Thanks for bringing this option back.

I cannot promise you that. Probably I can try to re-add the "old" approach which is absolutely terrible. There is nothing smart in the so called smartshortcuts. 🙄

quickmic
On 6/27/2021 at 5:00 AM, LichenKing said:

Please do not forget this issue.

The current stacking behavior of entries in Kodi for the same video with different media formats is still very wonky. If you have a source file that requires Native while also under the SAME folder have a Addon (stream) format Kodi locks up and crashes on a Nvidia Shield 2019. Usually this is because the Trailers plugin pops up probably because it is trying to play the stream format but a different item tires to play. Even if I hit No for the trailer popup it seems like the Kodi or the Addon does not end up picking any media format.

Like you suggested earlier we can keep ISO formats as separate entries in Kodi and streaming formats could stack. Ideally a preselect menu would be awesome like the old behavior but since this is not possible separate entries are a good compromise so the intended format could be selected which is not possible in the current implementation.

I performed some tests. Are you using iso's?

Looks iso's are supported by Emby server directly?

Currently the plugin tries to play's directly via Kodi/native path, but seems this is not necessary. Can you confirm Emby server can play you iso content via webapplication.

Edited by quickmic

LichenKing

Hello quickmic,

Yes I am using ISO. I have a Nvidia Shield 2019 / small HTPC  and Synology NAS combo.

The problem is how the ISO must be mounted on the Synology NAS.
First the Emby Server account needs to run as sudo and be put into the sudoer list, which is generally not a good practice and unsupported by Synology officially.
In addition the stream is most likely going to transcode on the Synology NAS due to container type of the underlying file which a Synology NAS is absolutely going to not be capable.

I think Luke from Emby has recommended just to have Kodi handle this since Kodi can natively read the container format. I am not sure if Kodi is mounting the ISO image over the network or is actually got some special "magic" with reading the UFD format in a stream like way.

-----

I want to emphasize the biggest issue from a library point of view is how ISOs and MKVs and MP4s under the same folder confuse Kodi / Emby Next Gen Plugin. Mixing these types I have consistently experienced UI bugs and errors during playback.

For example the Select Media window pops up and even lists ISOs in the list because there are MP4s and ISOs in the same folder. Try playback and it crashes Kodi 99% of the time.

If it is two different ISO (4k vs a 1080) version (same move title but different versions of that movie, could even be another 1080 directors cut), note the Select Media window does not pop up. Try playback and it crashes Kodi about 50% of the time.

If it is just ONE ISO media I can get playback fine 99% of the time.

-----

And yes I know the logic of, hey just convert to MKV. This is not a lack of laziness on my part, I usually like to preserved an original "Home Theater" full ISO disc experience and a portable MP4 version for on the go movement around the home.

Edited by LichenKing

quickmic
57 minutes ago, LichenKing said:

I want to emphasize the biggest issue from a library point of view is how ISOs and MKVs and MP4s under the same folder confuse Kodi / Emby Next Gen Plugin. Mixing these types I have consistently experienced UI bugs and errors during playback.

For example the Select Media window pops up and even lists ISOs in the list because there are MP4s and ISOs in the same folder. Try playback and it crashes Kodi 99% of the time.

If it is two different ISO (4k vs a 1080) version (same move title but different versions of that movie, could even be another 1080 directors cut), note the Select Media window does not pop up. Try playback and it crashes Kodi about 50% of the time.

All these issues should be fixed in next version.

The reason why I asked was. Iso's works flawless on my Emby server, but not using Synology. That's why I was a bit surprised, why Kodi should treat iso's as native files.

Thanks for the heads up.

quickmic

New experimental version available. Please be careful, it includes lot's of code changes and can cause issues.

TAKE A FULL KODI BACKUP IN CASE YOU MUST ROLL BACK!

• Thanks 1

wanderjarra

Using server version 4.6.4.0 + plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.0-build 548 (ex56) I'm not able to login. If you go back to version 4.x it works.

quickmic
3 minutes ago, wanderjarra said:

Using server version 4.6.4.0 + plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.0-build 548 (ex56) I'm not able to login. If you go back to version 4.x it works.

Have you tried a manual reset as recommended? And can you please send me a kodi.log

wanderjarra

Yes, I reseted before installing and the error occurred when logging in. When installing the old version it logs in normally, but when I try to update it is looping and returns to the user choice window.

kodi.log

quickmic
1 hour ago, wanderjarra said:

Yes, I reseted before installing and the error occurred when logging in. When installing the old version it logs in normally, but when I try to update it is looping and returns to the user choice window.

kodi.log 50.18 kB · 0 downloads

I'll check it, thanks.

• Like 1

quickmic
3 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I'll check it, thanks.

I think I found the problem. I always tested with multi emby-servers. Seems if only one is available, there is a bug. I'll fix it soon...

• Like 2

quickmic

I've uploaded a new version, it should fix the login issue.

BaukeZwart

@quickmic did you remove my old friend the db reset? Or am I just looking in the wrong place. 

I lost backgrounds for movies and series, db repair didn't fix it. Was looking for a db reset but can't find the option anywhere. 

Edited by BaukeZwart

quickmic
2 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

@quickmic did you remove my old friend the db reset? Or am I just looking in the wrong place. 

It's in the configuration menu, subsection sync.

Actually, I also moved several functions like, library management, artwork cache etc in the config menu.

quickmic
16 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

I lost backgrounds for movies and series, db repair didn't fix it. Was looking for a db reset but can't find the option anywhere. 

Just backgrounds? Regular covers sometimes not loaded by skin. In such cases, a skin reload helps.

BaukeZwart
4 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Just backgrounds? Regular covers sometimes not loaded by skin. In such cases, a skin reload helps.

The issue seem to have fixed it self afther rebooting windows.

I'm going to test it on Shield and Fire TV soon. 

• Like 1

BaukeZwart

A quick update, first try installing experimental build on Shield wasn't successful. Afther updating E4K, Kodi locked up, needed  to restart Shield. After the restart all artwork was gone, backgrounds, episode thumbs everything. DB repair didn't do anything. Hit play, again Kodi locked up. In my hurry to go back to previous E4K build and have everything up and running before the evening started I forgot to pull a log. Maybe I will try again tomorrow when I have less time pressure. 

Edited by BaukeZwart
  • Like 1

quickmic
40 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

A quick update, first try installing experimental build on Shield wasn't successful. Afther updating E4K, Kodi locked up, neexed to restart Shield. After the restart all artwork was gone, backgrounds, episode thumbs everything. DB repair didn't do anything. Hit play, again Kodi locked up. In my hurry to go back to previous E4K build and have everything up and running before the evening started I forgot to pull a log. Maybe I will try again tomorrow when I habe less time pressure. 

It's normal that everything is gone. 6.X requires a full db and settings reset.

I assume, the update from previous version didn't fully reset everything and there are some leftovers.

I'll also perform a test on Android.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
1 hour ago, BaukeZwart said:

A quick update, first try installing experimental build on Shield wasn't successful. Afther updating E4K, Kodi locked up, needed  to restart Shield. After the restart all artwork was gone, backgrounds, episode thumbs everything. DB repair didn't do anything. Hit play, again Kodi locked up. In my hurry to go back to previous E4K build and have everything up and running before the evening started I forgot to pull a log. Maybe I will try again tomorrow when I have less time pressure. 

I found the problem, it's Android related bug quite easy to fix.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

BaukeZwart
7 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I found the problem, it's Android related bug quite easy to fix.

Great, I will wait t for the fix and try again. 

BaukeZwart
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

New version available, should fix the Android bug.

Now working perfectly fine on Shield. Thanks for the quick fix. 

• Thanks 1