embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

LichenKing

Thanks quickmic for the info.

-----

I would help you with some of the code testing or quick fixes but  do not know Python very well. Yes I can understand your source code but full understanding of some of the syntax sugar I am a bit unsure ;).

Second I really have no idea about the DB schemas in Emby and Kodi so I am useless on that.

-----

Does the new Experimental build have the ISO fix so I can test for you or is that still a work in progress?

Edited by LichenKing

quickmic
3 minutes ago, LichenKing said:

Does the new Experimental build have the ISO fix so I can test for you or is that still a work in progress.

I hope yes. I've performed several tests but I'm not using iso on regular basis.

Please perform a test, but take a backup of the old version first.

Edited by quickmic

LichenKing

I am not too worried about the backup ;)

My Kodi and Plugin combo has not been working so I been without a proper HTPC browsing environment for a couple months. If I have been playing a movie I been going through the SMB3 filesystem manually and picking the title but is definitely not the most pretty and user friendly method.

quickmic
10 minutes ago, LichenKing said:

I would help you with some of the code testing or quick fixes but  do not know Python very well. Yes I can understand your source code but full understanding of some of the syntax sugar I am a bit unsure ;).

The code of 6.X is very different compared with 5.X version. Also I focused on readable code and a clear structure. It's still not perfect, but close to what I have in mind.

Edited by quickmic

LichenKing

Hey a refactor and also redo is never easy. Appreciate definitely keeping the home theater experience alive.

• Like 1

LichenKing

Update.

First movie with two sets of separate ISO movie parts (Part 1 and Part 2).

Parts are in the same folder just the ISOs are named with a .part1 and .part2 as part of their stream text.

Edited by LichenKing

BaukeZwart

Found 2 issues testing 6.0.0 build 550 (ex56).
1. Emby Context menu isn't showing up, I have the option enabled and see the option in the context menu but nothing opens.
2. Delete after watch isn't offering to delete after watched, tested with tv episode (option enabled for both TV and movie).

If you want logs please let me know.
Tested on Shield.

embyL0VER

Hi quickmic,

First let me thank you again for your great effort. ;)

Now well let's start with the issues.. :)

I can confirm that delete after play and the emby context menu isn't working. Also the widgets for 'new movies' and 'new series' are showing different results after syncing than with 5.3.4. The sort order with 6.0.0 is completely wrong.

The in progress state doesn't get synced and on the overview tab in the original emby app the connection to the server get closed after about 3-4 minutes and you can't follow what you or a user is about to watch.

I followed your instructions and deleted all folders manually and started from scratch.

FIre TV Cube, emby-next-gen 6.0.0

For now back on 5.3.4 and all smooth again.

Edited by embyL0VER
Hopefully corrected my bad english... :)
  • Thanks 1

quickmic
6 hours ago, embyL0VER said:

I can confirm that delete after play and the emby context menu isn't working.

Frankly, I haven't tested that functions with 6.x. I'll fix it in next version.

Also the widgets for 'new movies' and 'new series' are showing different results after syncing than with 5.3.4. The sort order with 6.0.0 is completely wrong.

Strange, but I'll check that too. The nodes are in charge for sorting (for synced libs), maybe there is an mistake.

The in progress state doesn't get synced and on the overview tab in the original emby app the connection to the server get closed after about 3-4 minutes and you can't follow what you or a user is about to watch.

You mean in the Emby server WebUI and emby app or just emby app? Do you use native or addon mode?

btw, for iso and bdmv the progress it not probably not synced. I'm working on that, I hope I find a good solution.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

embyL0VER

Hi quickmic,

4 hours ago, quickmic said:

Strange, but I'll check that too. The nodes are in charge for sorting (for synced libs), maybe there is an mistake.

I can make a clean reinstall with 6.0.0 and check again if you want.

4 hours ago, quickmic said:

You mean in the Emby server WebUI and emby app or just emby app? Do you use native or addon mode?

btw, for iso and bdmv the progress it not probably not synced. I'm working on that, I hope I find a good solution.

Sry, I meaned the in progress state isn't refreshed in Kodi and not synced to emby server. I'm using native mode. I'm not using .iso but maybe it was a .m2ts file. That would I have to check again.

For the "connection state" I only have checked the overview tab in the emby app on android. (Where you can see who is logged in and watching.) But the info in the app is the same as in the webui, just checked it to confirm.

• Like 1

quickmic
20 hours ago, LichenKing said:

Update.

First movie with two sets of separate ISO movie parts (Part 1 and Part 2).

Parts are in the same folder just the ISOs are named with a .part1 and .part2 as part of their stream text.

Thanks, I'll fix that. btw, it's not "just" multiversion iso, it's a multipart iso.

fyi:

The issue is related due to a lag of runtime information. I can cover this and it should work also without runtime, but the absolute runtime info in Kodi will be wrong.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
11 hours ago, quickmic said:

Also the widgets for 'new movies' and 'new series' are showing different results after syncing than with 5.3.4. The sort order with 6.0.0 is completely wrong.

I found the problem, it's a sync issue. Will be fixed in next version.

Also there is a pluginmenu issue. Will also be fixed in next version.

quickmic
7 hours ago, embyL0VER said:

...the in progress state isn't refreshed in Kodi and not synced to emby server. I'm using native mode.

I just checked, it syncs fine on my box. I'll perform additional tests.

quickmic

New experimental version available 6.0.1:

Bugfixes:

- multipart iso fixed (not tested)
- recently added fixed
- pluginmenu fixed

Pending:

-context menu fixes

-delete after watched

Unfortunately, a db reset/repair sync is required to fix the recently added bug.

Edited by quickmic

t123thomas

I have an issue with remote connection on version 5.3.3, on fresh build of kodi, the system prompted for the credential which was duly entered, but it wont connect, even after I have disabled or uninstalled the addon still prompting for credentials, so it did not allow for any thing to be done because the addon is prompting every second, I can even get a log report. 

Any suggestions

LichenKing

Still testing.

-----

Sync issue fixed, however I was getting a possible strange issue that you may want to account for.

I was getting the previous sync stuck at the previous entry until I complete trashed my Kodi DB (I know you warned us in the previous post). The previous stuck at 60% toast notification remained on screen (where it was failing last time).

Once that happened I did a full reset and that issue went away. The sync completed. To avoid this I would pass a flag to your update code with some warning that the DB needs to be reset to avoid support requests. In addition on update cancel any ongoing Syncs to avoid collision issues.

-----

I am in Addon Mode. For both Native (ISO content) and stream (MP4 or MKV).

I can see the CurlFile request sent to the Emby server for the media source. Then eventually the share path for my Synology share (probably using the alternate path I have saved for the library on the Emby server)

However playback fails for all types.

The Samba path is eventually returned to the file. However I am not sure if an assumption is being made with where to search the path. For example I am not using the Nvidia Shield system level SMBv3 mapping. I am using the built in Kodi plugin with the SMBv3 filepath as a source. I see in the log the correct path is handed off the "VideoPlayer::OpenFile:". However two errors appear

2021-07-05 12:59:06.643 T:23181   ERROR <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting 

and then eventually

2021-07-05 12:59:06.656 T:23181   ERROR <general>: Error opening image file or Error on dvdnav_open_stream

-----

After a full Kodi crash with the playback issue I am getting a thread crash now every time for every playback attempt regardless of media type. Kodi will now freeze everytime.

2021-07-05 13:30:09.059 T:8345    ERROR <general>: Exception in thread 
2021-07-05 13:30:09.059 T:8345    ERROR <general>: Thread-86
2021-07-05 13:30:09.059 T:8345    ERROR <general>: :                                 
2021-07-05 13:30:09.060 T:8345    ERROR <general>: Traceback (most recent call last):                                         
2021-07-05 13:30:09.060 T:8345    ERROR <general>:   File "/data/user/0/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/python3.8/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 932, in _bootstrap_inner                                           
2021-07-05 13:30:09.062 T:8345    ERROR <general>:     
2021-07-05 13:30:09.063 T:8345    ERROR <general>: self.run()
2021-07-05 13:30:09.063 T:8345    ERROR <general>:                                                 
2021-07-05 13:30:09.063 T:8345    ERROR <general>:   File "/data/user/0/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/python3.8/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 870, in run                                              
2021-07-05 13:30:09.064 T:8345    ERROR <general>:     
2021-07-05 13:30:09.064 T:8345    ERROR <general>: self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
2021-07-05 13:30:09.064 T:8345    ERROR <general>:                          
2021-07-05 13:30:09.064 T:8345    ERROR <general>:   File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/hooks/webservice.py", line 80, in Query     
2021-07-05 13:30:09.066 T:8345    ERROR <general>:     
2021-07-05 13:30:09.066 T:8345    ERROR <general>: self.getQuery(client, IncommingData[1])
2021-07-05 13:30:09.066 T:8345    ERROR <general>:   File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/hooks/webservice.py", line 133, in getQuery                 
2021-07-05 13:30:09.067 T:8345    ERROR <general>: QueryData = self.GetParametersFromURLQuery(Payload)
2021-07-05 13:30:09.067 T:8345    ERROR <general>:                                                
2021-07-05 13:30:09.067 T:8345    ERROR <general>:   File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/hooks/webservice.py", line 396, in GetParametersFromURLQuery                                               
2021-07-05 13:30:09.067 T:8345    ERROR <general>:     
2021-07-05 13:30:09.067 T:8345    ERROR <general>: QueryData = {'DatabaseIsOpen': False, 'MediaSources': [], 'TargetVideoBitrate': 0, 'TargetAudioBitrate': 0, 'Payload': Payload, 'ServerId': Data[1], 'EmbyID': Data[2]}
2021-07-05 13:30:09.068 T:8345    ERROR <general>:                                      
2021-07-05 13:30:09.068 T:8345    ERROR <general>: IndexError
2021-07-05 13:30:09.068 T:8345    ERROR <general>: : 
2021-07-05 13:30:09.068 T:8345    ERROR <general>: list index out of range
2021-07-05 13:30:09.068 T:8345    ERROR <general>: 

Edited by LichenKing

quickmic

please send me MyVideos119.db, emby_XXXXXXXXXX.db and the full kodi.log via PM. The issue in the log comes from a websocket query. Could be everything, even an image query or an invalid query from an external plugin. Also a sync issue could be the cause.

quickmic
10 hours ago, t123thomas said:

I have an issue with remote connection on version 5.3.3, on fresh build of kodi, the system prompted for the credential which was duly entered, but it wont connect, even after I have disabled or uninstalled the addon still prompting for credentials, so it did not allow for any thing to be done because the addon is prompting every second, I can even get a log report. 

Any suggestions

How do you remote log in? Embyconnect or manually?

quickmic
On 7/4/2021 at 11:33 PM, BaukeZwart said:

Found 2 issues testing 6.0.0 build 550 (ex56).
1. Emby Context menu isn't showing up, I have the option enabled and see the option in the context menu but nothing opens.
2. Delete after watch isn't offering to delete after watched, tested with tv episode (option enabled for both TV and movie).

If you want logs please let me know.
Tested on Shield.

Both will be fixed in next version, I'm still working on the favorites options.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

BaukeZwart

@quickmicquestion is the not working delete after watch related to the watch state in Emby/Kodi.

I'm seeing strange thing with watched episodes being set to resume after a few seconds in Kodi. 

If it's not related I will try to pull a log. 

quickmic
9 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

@quickmicquestion is the not working delete after watch related to the watch state in Emby/Kodi.

I'm seeing strange thing with watched episodes being set to resume after a few seconds in Kodi. 

If it's not related I will try to pull a log. 

Not sure what you mean. The "delete" issue happens when you use a playlist/autoplay next episode.

Actually it works for all "single" items (single Episode from widgets or Movie which are usually not queued). The actual reason is, delete is not offered while an item is currenly playing. That is the case when using playlists.

Also there is another possible issue in that part of code which could mess the progress status. Never happen to me, but theoretically possible.

Both are already fixed in my internal testversion.

Edited by quickmic

BaukeZwart

I will wait for the next version to test again. But what I noticed is, watched a tv series until the end, after it stopped Kodi showed it as watched. A sec later the status in Kodi changed to resume. Aslo noticex Emby did send a webhook for set as unwatched. Saw this now 2 days in a row on the Shield. 

BaukeZwart
51 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Not sure what you mean. The "delete" issue happens when you use a playlist/autoplay next episode.

Actually it works for all "single" items (single Episode from widgets or Movie which are usually not queued). The actual reason is, delete is not offered while an item is currenly playing. That is the case when using playlists. 

Im not using playlists, just single items. 

quickmic
53 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

Im not using playlists, just single items. 

I don't mean playlist as you are loading a playlist manually. If you have autoplay next episode enabled in Kodi, it will create a playlist automatically.

Edited by quickmic