embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
11 hours ago, bozrdnag said:

In 5.3.2 I still have the same issue with my dynamic library with the content set to home vides showing as empty.  While recently added for the same does show videos.

I'll check again and send you some testversion. Recently added  still fine?

bozrdnag
6 hours ago, quickmic said:

I'll check again and send you some testversion. Recently added  still fine?

Yes.

t123thomas
On 5/30/2021 at 3:45 AM, quickmic said:

I answered the question here:

Let me know, if you need additional information.

Quickmic still on this issue, I think the developer of Titan Skin is not a user of E4K, so to assist him in resolving the shortcut issue I want ask if this setting on sublevel entry which is tied to each node

My question what should the sublevel be I have attached copy of the skinsortcut addon

Thanks

def smartshortcuts_sublevel(entry):
    '''get subnodes for smartshortcut node'''
    if "emby-next-gen" in entry:
        content_strings = [
            "",
            ".recent",
            ".inprogress",
            ".unwatched",
            ".recentepisodes",
            ".inprogressepisodes",
            ".nextepisodes",
            ".recommended"]

skinshortcuts.py

MAForshaw

Hi @quickmic

The TV Shows "nextepisodes.xml" dynamic library item causes Kodi to crash/hang. I've done some debugging and the problem is in "helper/pluginmenu.py" function "get_next_episodes".

The log file shows the following line has an undefined dictionary key:

episodes = result['result']['episodes']
                                            KeyError: 'episodes'

On my system Emby appears to be returning a TV Show where the next episode is a "special" and that causes "VideoLibrary.GetEpisodes" to return no episodes, hence the crash.

The fix is to add a check for a missing key as follows:

result = helper.jsonrpc.JSONRPC('VideoLibrary.GetEpisodes').execute(params)

if not 'episodes' in result['result']:
                continue

If you could add that fix or similar to the next beta it would be great, thanks.

quickmic
1 hour ago, MAForshaw said:

Hi @quickmic

The TV Shows "nextepisodes.xml" dynamic library item causes Kodi to crash/hang. I've done some debugging and the problem is in "helper/pluginmenu.py" function "get_next_episodes".

The log file shows the following line has an undefined dictionary key:

KeyError: 'episodes'

On my system Emby appears to be returning a TV Show where the next episode is a "special" and that causes "VideoLibrary.GetEpisodes" to return no episodes, hence the crash.

The fix is to add a check for a missing key as follows:

result = helper.jsonrpc.JSONRPC('VideoLibrary.GetEpisodes').execute(params)

if not 'episodes' in result['result']:
                continue

If you could add that fix or similar to the next beta it would be great, thanks.

Thanks, yes I can add this fix. Actually, I'll review it cause it's a workaround ignoring missing episode data.

Have you investigated, why data is missing?

MAForshaw
21 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Thanks, yes I can add this fix. Actually, I'll review it cause it's a workaround ignoring missing episode data.

Have you investigated, why data is missing?

No not yet. I'm still on Emby server 4.5.4. I think I read support for specials in Next Up was only recently added to 4.6 so perhaps that is the reason, not sure.

• Like 1

quickmic
On 6/1/2021 at 1:22 PM, bozrdnag said:

Yes.

I've send you a PM with a testversion.

quickmic
22 hours ago, t123thomas said:

Quickmic still on this issue, I think the developer of Titan Skin is not a user of E4K, so to assist him in resolving the shortcut issue I want ask if this setting on sublevel entry which is tied to each node

My question what should the sublevel be I have attached copy of the skinsortcut addon

Thanks

def smartshortcuts_sublevel(entry):
    '''get subnodes for smartshortcut node'''
    if "emby-next-gen" in entry:
        content_strings = [
            "",
            ".recent",
            ".inprogress",
            ".unwatched",
            ".recentepisodes",
            ".inprogressepisodes",
            ".nextepisodes",
            ".recommended"]

skinshortcuts.py 23.67 kB · 0 downloads

This function is currently disabled by next-gen plugin. But you can use custom nodes instead.

Edited by quickmic

t123thomas
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

This function is currently disabled by next-gen plugin. But you can use custom nodes instead.

Waooo that is not good, do you plan to add this function back in the future, I have been in constant  communication with Titan developer, there seem to be some area that that I am lost, if may refer you to the link of the last discussion on the subject where he pointed out the skin work fine for Jelly fin/kod

Titan link #2143

Edited by t123thomas

hstamas

After switching from the experimental version to the one in the beta repo, Kodi has stopped syncing new content unless I tester Kodi.

Won’t be able to get logs until tomorrow but wanted to ask if it’s just me?

beerthzn
5 hours ago, hstamas said:

After switching from the experimental version to the one in the beta repo, Kodi has stopped syncing new content unless I tester Kodi.

Same here 

Edited by beerthzn

quickmic
7 hours ago, hstamas said:

Will check it.

quickmic
10 hours ago, t123thomas said:

Waooo that is not good, do you plan to add this function back in the future, I have been in constant  communication with Titan developer, there seem to be some area that that I am lost, if may refer you to the link of the last discussion on the subject where he pointed out the skin work fine for Jelly fin/kod

Titan link #2143

Frankly, I'm not sure what's the benefit of smart shortcuts. It's offers the exact same functionality as the nodes (actually smart shortcuts seems to query the nodes via plugin intercommunication). So the only benefit seems to be a bit less user configuration in the skin.

Anyway I've to check how the skin is exactly communicating with external plugins. I assume it is/was via Kodi's window property functions. I removed 99% of those calls in 5.3.2 and in 5.4.0 all will be gone.

I switched the intercommunication to a socket based variant. I don't have too much trust in Kodi's api and reduce it to an absolute minimum.

So yes, it is possible re-add this function, but also requires several changes from the external plugins.

quickmic
2 hours ago, beerthzn said:

Same here 

I just performed a test with a new movie. Works fine here, what was the new content? just an Episode, a complete new TV Show, a new Season of an existing TV show?

I need exact info to design a test case.

Was it really not synced, or just the homescreen not updated?

Edited by quickmic

beerthzn
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

I just performed a test with a new movie. Works fine here, what was the new content? just an Episode, a complete new TV Show, a new Season of an existing TV show?

It is a music album on homescreen i wil send you a screenshot when I get home. It says no info 

hstamas
5 hours ago, quickmic said:

In my case it was a few TV episodes. Neither the home screen nor the actual library view shows the new content unless I restart. I havent been watching much TV lately so right now this seems to be happening when coming out of a sleep state (Sony TV with built in Android TV - turned off for the night). I havent had any new shows added while I was actively using Kodi to test to see if it happens while its active. 

I will test tonight and get you some logs.

• Like 1

beerthzn
3 hours ago, beerthzn said:

It is a music album on homescreen i wil send you a screenshot when I get home. It says no info 

20210604_151541.jpg

20210604_151610.jpg

quickmic
5 hours ago, hstamas said:

when coming out of a sleep state

That's an excellent point. I performed multiple tests and all results without issues.

I never tried hibernate mode before updating content... I'll check that too

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
4 hours ago, beerthzn said:

20210604_151541.jpg

20210604_151610.jpg

Actually, --NO INFO-- is correct. Seems the song is not assigned to any album.

The --NO INFO-- album is a 'dummy' to keep Kodi's browsing in line due to Kodi's limited capabilities.

Songs without album information does not appear in the regular (music) browsing stack.

beerthzn
46 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Actually, --NO INFO-- is correct. Seems the song is not assigned to any album.

The --NO INFO-- album is a 'dummy' to keep Kodi's browsing in line due to Kodi's limited capabilities.

Songs without album information does not appear in the regular (music) browsing stack.

This is the album on emby server

image.thumb.png.fb7c7fd2e5c64077216a2d6308c5c913.png

• Like 1

hstamas
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

That's an excellent point. I performed multiple tests and all results without issues.

I never tried hibernate mode before updating content... I'll check that too

Definitely has something to do with hibernation. Did a test adding 2 tv episodes. First while Kodi was running and active and everything updated almost instantly. The second was added while the TV was turned off. I waited a good amount of time before turning the TV on and Kodi never recognized that this second episode was added. After restarting Kodi it showed up as expected.

Logs attached.

kodi.log

• Like 1

ross87

I'm not sure if this is a known issue, or an issue with my setup, however when I start a video there is no audio for a few seconds. If I rewind to the start of the video and let it play again, the audio starts as soon as the video starts. Has anyone else experienced this? 

Apart from the above, next-gen has been working flawlessly. Videos start instantly upon selection, where there was a few seconds delay on embyforkodi. The whole experience seems smoother and quicker! 

beerthzn
18 hours ago, beerthzn said:

This is the album on emby server

image.thumb.png.fb7c7fd2e5c64077216a2d6308c5c913.png

Added another album today. With the same result. I have added the log file.

Thank you in advance for all your effort.

01_KODI.log

• Like 1

quickmic
2 hours ago, beerthzn said:

Added another album today. With the same result. I have added the log file.

Thank you in advance for all your effort.

01_KODI.log 9.96 MB · 0 downloads

I can reproduce the issue, I'll fix it in next version.