embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

dml33
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

Are you sure the first log is from build 23? The issue in the log came from an older version, and was fixed in build 23... this one:

Hi.

I would say yes. But, here, there is a log with build 26.

Again, it cannot connect to Emby server.

I hope it helps.

Thanks!

quickmic
9 hours ago, dml33 said:

Hi.

I would say yes. But, here, there is a log with build 26.

Again, it cannot connect to Emby server.

I hope it helps.

Thanks!

Thanks, yes that logfile seems correct, and shows a different issue as before. I'll try to fix it in next version.

LichenKing
On 4/3/2021 at 10:49 AM, quickmic said:

Well this is multivideo and not a native Kodi feature. Therefore not supported, however. The only way to add both versions via Kodi native functionalities would be, writing two records in the Kodi DB. I can do that, but you will have 2 similar movies in the Kodi lists/browsers. I can also tag (label extension) with additional info. Like

My Media Title (4k)

My Media Title (1080)

But a selection box for multiversion is not possible with stock Kodi options.

On 4/3/2021 at 10:54 AM, LichenKing said:

Well that is too bad. Double options would be undesirable and disagree with this approach.

I am reading the source code right now trying to see how this works.

I am going to retract this previous disagreement because not being able to select between 4k and 1080 discs is not a great user experience. Especially when I have display devices that are different resolutions and capabilities and some formats playback better on their intended mastering resolutions and features. Really with the Emby addon right now you have no idea the version you are selecting.

What is interesting is I still get an icon to show there is multi level content under one entry in the artwork.

Here are some naming conventions setups that could happen in my library (under one media title) according to setups in Emby for naming. Still wish these would all show up in one  panel / dialog when selecting a media entry based on ONE selection. However I could live with the approach above you suggested originally.

• My Media Title (2000) - 4k.Media.iso (Entry A)
  • My Media Title (2000) - 1080.Media.iso (Entry B\)
  • My Media Title (2000) - Directors Cut.1080.Media.iso (Entry C)
  • My Media Title (2000) - 1080.Web.mp4 (Entry D - Stacked)
  • My Media Title (2000) - 720.Web.mp4 (Entry D - Stacked)
  • My Media Title (2000) - Directors Cut.1080.Web.mp4 (Entry D - Stacked)

The different formats are really for device specific options for my media environment. It might be handy for some toggles in the addon settings to hide items on a device basis. For example I have a media center with a 4k TV with a Audio Receiver that I would only every want to use a 4k disc on. Versus I have a bedroom 1080 TV that I would only want to allow 1080 disc on. Take this further I have a portable device with Kodi and Emby plugin I would only ever be able to stream web formats too. Being able to customize this in the settings would prevent the need for too many duplicate entries on a per device per Kodi setup (unless I enabled to show all of course).

The initial fix being able to just select the media source I want to playback would be nice.

Edited by LichenKing

quickmic

The initial fix being able to just select the media source I want to playback would be nice.

I'll try to add this option. Will take some time...

1 hour ago, LichenKing said:

Take this further I have a portable device with Kodi and Emby plugin I would only ever be able to stream web formats too. Being able to customize this in the settings would prevent the need for too many duplicate entries on a per device per Kodi setup (unless I enabled to show all of course).

I have to think about that. Not sure how it's possible to add this function on a deticated pattern (and also user friendly). In some way the plugin must be able to detect which version should be used for each device (or based on plugin setting). Could be based on naming...

DiscoDuck79

@quickmic

Tried to install https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/releases/tag/5.2.07

Clean install on CoreELEC 9.2.7 fails once it starts, log attached.

Changed webservice.py line 3 from import socketserver as SocketServer to import SocketServer as SocketServer, then I could get the plugin started.

Next issue....

I'm running my Emby server as a Docker container. In EmbyForKodi I've set the IP to the host address, same is in Emby. But EmbyForKodi doesn't respect the setting and tries to connect to the Docker proxy net, see Kodi2 log. - EDIT #2 added

EDIT: Added log

EDIT #2: Might have missed something - When I tried to edit the connection details using the configuration menu nothing happened, it kept trying to connect to my Docker proxy address. Restarting the Emby server did not help. Then I stopped the Emby server, did a reset and then the normal initial configuration popup appeared and I could connect, so now the sync is running.

kodi2.log

kodi.log

Edited by DiscoDuck79

quickmic
1 hour ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

@quickmic

Tried to install https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/releases/tag/5.2.07

Changed webservice.py line 3 from import socketserver as SocketServer to import SocketServer as SocketServer, then I could get the plugin started.

Next issue....

I'm running my Emby server as a Docker container. In EmbyForKodi I've set the IP to the host address, same is in Emby. But EmbyForKodi doesn't respect the setting and tries to connect to the Docker proxy net, see Kodi2 log. - EDIT #2 added

EDIT #2: Might have missed something - When I tried to edit the connection details using the configuration menu nothing happened, it kept trying to connect to my Docker proxy address. Restarting the Emby server did not help. Then I stopped the Emby server, did a reset and then the normal initial configuration popup appeared and I could connect, so now the sync is running.

kodi2.log 30.07 kB · 0 downloads

kodi.log 26.8 kB · 0 downloads

Seems that's the same bug as @dml33 reported. (Kodi 18 only bug)

I'll release a new version soon and I hope it's fixed...

quickmic

@quickmic

Next issue....

kodi2.log 30.07 kB · 1 download

kodi.log 26.8 kB · 2 downloads

Is the emby server accessable via "172.19.0.3"? Looks it's not available from the Kodi device. Different subnet/different VLan?

DiscoDuck79
9 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Is the emby server accessable via "172.19.0.3"? Looks it's not available from the Kodi device. Different subnet/different VLan?

Different subnet and not accessible.

Installed the new version and I could start playback, couldn't see any error messages relating to the issue in the log now.

Edited by DiscoDuck79
  • Thanks 1

amb13
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

New version available.

I hope it fixes the connection issue @dml33 and @DiscoDuck79 please perform a test.

Also it should fix the next episode issues. @amb13 also, please test.

InfoLabels are working as expected now for the next episodes. Thanks.

quickmic
Just now, amb13 said:

InfoLabels are working as expected now for the next episodes. Thanks.

Very good, but there are still some minor issues. I'll fix them in the next version, but nothing to worry about.

DiscoDuck79

Really impressed with the addon, completed the sync faster than using the old addon in Native mode, took 45 minutes instead of >60.

Will it be possible to implement external audio files as mentioned here (they're not recognized by Emby server)? Or should I just mux them into the mkv?

• Like 1

quickmic
31 minutes ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

Really impressed with the addon, completed the sync faster than using the old addon in Native mode, took 45 minutes instead of >60.

Will it be possible to implement external audio files as mentioned here (they're not recognized by Emby server)? Or should I just mux them into the mkv?

Thanks, performance improvements was and still is a major task.

External audio: I've to check the capabilities of Kodi and also Emby server. I put it on my list as a requested feature, but cannot promise anything yet.

Currently I'm just stabilizing the current beta version to release a new stable version.

Edited by quickmic

dml33
6 hours ago, quickmic said:

New version available.

I hope it fixes the connection issue @dml33 and @DiscoDuck79 please perform a test.

Also it should fix the next episode issues. @amb13 also, please test.

Hi.

I have just tried build 32. It connects to Emby server, but it is in an endless loop wiht an "Update views" message. I cannot play anything or try to resync libraries.

3Logs

quickmic
10 hours ago, dml33 said:

Hi.

I have just tried build 32. It connects to Emby server, but it is in an endless loop wiht an "Update views" message. I cannot play anything or try to resync libraries.

3Logs

Look there is something seriously broken in the settings. Can you delete next-gen (via Kodi plugin menu) and also manually.

.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/*

.kodi/userdata/Database/emby.db

Reinstall plugin and reset db again via next-gen menu.

Alternative, wipe the complete .kodi folder for a total Kodi reset.

The actual problem in the logs reflects a problem loading the libraries from the emby server. I performed several tests, not sure what causes the issue.

quickmic

New version available:

Changes:

Little bit of everything, some bugfixes, several performance improvements, code restructure and eyecandy

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

jaybird2203

May have missed any news about this in the past, has any work gone into the live TV portion of the plugin?

Noticing that with 5.2.07 (latest beta) that if I start a stream through the plugin it will play for 5-10 seconds before stopping. Same stream using the Android Emby app direct has no issues.

dml33
On 5/21/2021 at 9:09 AM, quickmic said:

Look there is something seriously broken in the settings. Can you delete next-gen (via Kodi plugin menu) and also manually.

.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/*

.kodi/userdata/Database/emby.db

Reinstall plugin and reset db again via next-gen menu.

Alternative, wipe the complete .kodi folder for a total Kodi reset.

The actual problem in the logs reflects a problem loading the libraries from the emby server. I performed several tests, not sure what causes the issue.

Hi. 

I just wiped all plugin-related folders as you stated and reinstalled it.

Then, the same happened: it hang with the message "Update Views". But, I waiting for around 10 minutes (something like that) and performed the importing process of the Emby libraries. Since then, I have powered it on and off 4 of 5 times, and no more "Update Views" message has appeared. It seems it is working fine. 

It was strange, but it works at the end :)

Thanks 

• Like 1

quickmic
11 hours ago, jaybird2203 said:

May have missed any news about this in the past, has any work gone into the live TV portion of the plugin?

Noticing that with 5.2.07 (latest beta) that if I start a stream through the plugin it will play for 5-10 seconds before stopping. Same stream using the Android Emby app direct has no issues.

Works fine here, please send me a kodi.log.

quickmic

Last experimental version uploaded to beta repo.

One additional fix is included. The artwork cache was not working.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DiscoDuck79

When searching for a subtitle during playback, the filename displayed at the bottom right contains what appears to be an UUID so it looks like: UUID-stream-NameOfFile

Would it be possible to strip the UUID-stream- part so only the filename is visible? It increases the chances of finding a suitable subtitle with proper sync.

• Like 1

popy
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Last experimental version uploaded to beta repo.

One additional fix is included. The artwork cache was not working.

thx for your work.

Does that mean it's stable enougth for the stable channel soon?

BaukeZwart
10 minutes ago, popy said:

thx for your work.

Does that mean it's stable enougth for the stable channel soon?

Don't be afraid, builds labeled as experimental by @quickmicwould be labelled release candidate by most other devs. That's how stable they are. 

• Like 1

quickmic

When searching for a subtitle during playback, the filename displayed at the bottom right contains what appears to be an UUID so it looks like: UUID-stream-NameOfFile

Would it be possible to strip the UUID-stream- part so only the filename is visible? It increases the chances of finding a suitable subtitle with proper sync.

I put it on the list...

jaybird2203
5 hours ago, quickmic said:

Works fine here, please send me a kodi.log.

Tried to pull a recent log and of course no stopping now. I'll definitely toss a log file should it happen again. 

• Like 1