MBC Theme - Xenon Beta Released:

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

Oh forgot to add that the RAL sometimes disappears also. 

Enter an item off the RAL and back out to the EHS and every now and then it will be missing.Then select another item on the EHS (ie Movies) and it returns.

Will try to do a video later when I have some more time.

No need to make the vid, i know exactly the behavior you are talking about, i've been battling with this for a while.

Ok, as the next up is not part of the Quicklist from the core, and i cant add to it with another quicklist i'm faced with this dilemna. Either have nextup always displayed first when entering a tv series or just have the RAL.

Maybe to keep the masses happy i should add in a config option to enable next up list, but still keep the button so it can be accessed.

@@ebr can i create a custom quicklist at all and add to existing list?

Cheesegeezer

Maybe i have another idea that might work, it was my original plan, but is gonna be very trick to implement.

@@ebr can i create a custom quicklist at all and add to existing list?

You can override GetLatestItems in Folder and check the value of the option.  If it is one of the standards, just return the base implementation, if not, return your own.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

You can override GetLatestItems in Folder and check the value of the option.  If it is one of the standards, just return the base implementation, if not, return your own.

Cool, i'll have to have a look into it, i take it that can be all done in mcml, using a <Set> element. Sounds like it.

Something like

<Set Target="[Folder.SelectedChild.GetLatestItems]" Value=[ThemeHelper.GetNextupItems] />

NextupItems is an ArrayListDataSet

That's a negative ghost rider... 

Edited by Cheesegeezer

AaronG85

53c1f7d247656_Untitled.png

Is there a way or an option to have a small background around the episode list and synapses that is semi transparent so we can actually read the text, as at the moment (as shown) some fanart makes it nearly impossible to read. 

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Is there a way or an option to have a small background around the episode list and synapses that is semi transparent so we can actually read the text, as at the moment (as shown) some fanart makes it nearly impossible to read.

Go into the config in view options enable backdrop overlay, that will sort that out for you

• Like 1

buddyweiser

Go into the config in view options enable backdrop overlay, that will sort that out for you

I gave this a try but it doesnt seem to work. Checking the box has no change.

Cheesegeezer

I gave this a try but it doesnt seem to work. Checking the box has no change.

Ok cheers

AaronG85

I tired and it does darken the background enough to make it visible which I'm happy with ATM but would love a darken boarder just to make it stand out more and have the background bright again, but I understand this is a minimal feature request and am happy to wait.

buddyweiser

I tired and it does darken the background enough to make it visible which I'm happy with ATM but would love a darken boarder just to make it stand out more and have the background bright again, but I understand this is a minimal feature request and am happy to wait.

Perhaps i didnt look closely enough...ill give it another try and see how it is.

Cheesegeezer

Not sure i follow, can you draw me a sketch, it could be a good idea.

Perhaps i didnt look closely enough...ill give it another try and see how it is.

too many beers ;)

I was actually thinking of tying in a global option in the main config so the user can set a global alpha for all views, actually come to think of it, check any of the styles in the XenonStyles folder and see if i have already included the background alpha setting in there for the user to change.

Right click on the .mcml file and select edit.

Havent got my laptop with me right now.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Ok, so i've added a global option in the main config (where you select your theme styles).  You can set this to what you desire.

Will be available in the next release.

Cheesegeezer

New one up 0.0.0.17 - I'm hoping I've caught all the RAL issues with this one.  Please test vigarously, I was able to repo the issue buddyweiser was seeing to some extent, and think I've got it.  Anyways here's what this brings

Changelog

-------------

RAL Fixed - Navigation and fix to prevent RAL disappearing sometimes when returning to EHS
Backdrop Overlay Alpha User Setting added to Main Config
  • Like 2

Cheesegeezer

Maybe I haven't, I think Next up is causing the problems. I'll let you decide.  If you can test navigation with everything EXCEPT TVshows, then test it with it.

Cheers

Yogi

Maybe I haven't, I think Next up is causing the problems. I'll let you decide.  If you can test navigation with everything EXCEPT TVshows, then test it with it.

Cheers

Yeh still the same here with Tv shows re the navigation,selector still not sticking with unwatched on tv.

Cool, i'll have to have a look into it, i take it that can be all done in mcml, using a element. Sounds like it.

Something like

NextupItems is an ArrayListDataSet

That's a negative ghost rider... 

That's correct.  The pattern is full...

You'd have to do this at the c# level, not mcml.  It may be beyond what you want to get into.

There might be another way you could accomplish it in mcml though, but would probably take some re-wiring of how your RAL works.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Yeh still the same here with Tv shows re the navigation,selector still not sticking with unwatched on tv.

Hey mate, i wasnt asking if the RAL selector remembered its state, i know this is an issue and i'm trying to think of ways to overcome it, i was asking if the navigation issues buddyweiser was seeing in his video, are related when viewing tvshows. If you bounce around other collection types, such as music, movies, games etc does the return focus seem normal.

Cheesegeezer

That's correct. The pattern is full...

You'd have to do this at the c# level, not mcml. It may be beyond what you want to get into.

There might be another way you could accomplish it in mcml though, but would probably take some re-wiring of how your RAL works.

Yeah i have 3 ideas and one is the c# route and i think the best way would be for me to create my own RAL from API, at least then i can define my own quicklists, which I can then manage, and add to as i need - alot of work- and why reinvent the wheel.

The second would be to figure out how to tap into the core and use the override to add a new RAL to the existing list. I did check out the Folder class under Entities and can only see 2 public overrides, one was SortOptions, the other was "something", cant remember, but didnt think it was relevant.

The other is the mcml route which would be to create a master scroller, with sub scrollers of added,watched,unwatched, nextup. Then the user would use up/down buttons to switch to desired scroller, this would then have a value which could be saved in the custom displayprefs.

I dunno just chucking some ideas around.

What do you think?

Edited by Cheesegeezer

buddyweiser

Hey mate, i wasnt asking if the RAL selector remembered its state, i know this is an issue and i'm trying to think of ways to overcome it, i was asking if the navigation issues buddyweiser was seeing in his video, are related when viewing tvshows. If you bounce around other collection types, such as music, movies, games etc does the return focus seem normal.

Yes, the jumpy navigation is still present. I even went into server and disabled TV Shows for the test account, but then it acted as if Movies(which is the next item displayed) just took its place. So then when I backout of something, focus jumps to Movies instead of TV Shows. So, it doesn't just jump to TV Shows, it jumps to whatever library you have listed first.

New one up 0.0.0.17 - I'm hoping I've caught all the RAL issues with this one.  Please test vigarously, I was able to repo the issue buddyweiser was seeing to some extent, and think I've got it.  Anyways here's what this brings

Changelog

-------------

RAL Fixed - Navigation and fix to prevent RAL disappearing sometimes when returning to EHS
Backdrop Overlay Alpha User Setting added to Main Config

Checked this out and works beautifully, perhaps the change was too subtle for me to notice in my state last night lol. Sorry about that cheese :ph34r:

• Like 1

yardameus

I think he's suggesting something like this...

53c2e78759770_adventuretimeadventuretime

• Like 2

buddyweiser

That is actually what i was looking for originally, and is why i didnt notice that the background overlay was actually working.

AaronG85

Exactly (just lighter) and the same around the synapses 

• Like 1